Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474051 times)

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1320 on: February 05, 2015, 03:51:03 AM »
MARK BURRIDGE

It’s like a fucking horror movie, Mark thought to himself as Psycho Girl started leaking red mist. Not that his life wasn’t already a horror movie, but his point still stood. When the disturbing red aura coalesced into a long, silvery katana, he stopped backing up and centered his balance, waiting for the kid to make her move.

Then the demonic child attacked. Moving at ungodly speeds, her silver hair whipping behind her, she closed the distance between them in less than a second. The sword came down like a flash of lightning… and suddenly stopped cold.

Mark’s large hand was holding both of the girl’s, and by extension the hilt of her katana, in an iron grip. Standing back up to his full height, the man pushed the sword back toward the owner and squeezed hard. There was a sickening crunch as the bones in her hands were crushed into useless fragments.

Satisfied that Psycho Girl probably wasn’t going to be a problem anymore, Mark let go of her and began to walk away. Having made quite a scene in broad daylight, it would be best to bug out as soon as possible.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 05, 2015, 04:02:34 AM »
Vanguard

Vanguard stood silent at Rider’s response, nodding in agreement. But under his metal mask, the gritting of metal could be heard. A sinister sound, a madness of the past echoing in his mind, was this gritting his teeth gnashing?

Or was it a mad laughter held back by what little kept the knight’s reason…

« Yes, you are very knowledgeable on the matter. The gods see humans as little more than cheap entertainment, they relish in our bliss as well as our torment. Thus, countless lives are toyed with, the world is but a farce conducted by gods above. In the end, these vile fiends who look at us no differently than a child looks at an anthill, deities are no better tha- »

He spoke, a slamming fist forming cracks on the table. His voice gradually growing stronger into a roar as anger took over him, Vanguard abruptly stopped  his irate speech, realizing he went too far.

So he laughed, once again, his usual hearty laugh. The knight finally regained his composure.

« Rider, the gods will never end this madness. There will be more bloodshed, destruction, despair… to them this is but a game. But I do not want this, I cannot allow this sickening farce to go on. »

With a firm voice, he held his hand towards Rider, solemny, his great body rose.
« What if I told you there is a way to prevent any further madness? To save countless lives from living the same agony we went trough. There is a way… »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:04:17 AM by francobull3 »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 05, 2015, 04:03:52 AM »
Mia

Mia saw the man’s hand move and grab her own, and with a sickly crunch her hands were shattered. “AHHHH” with a pained scream she fell to the ground huddling her now shattered hands, Silver vanishing into red mist again.

Then the man turned and began to walk away. Mia continued to let out pained whimpers as she slowly got up, not making a sound with her movements. Her eyes stared at his back with a ferocious snarl on her face and her eyes glowing dangerously. Then in a flash Silver reformed, the hilt being held between her teeth.

Then she moved with complete silence, moving her head so her sword would cut his head from his shoulders.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 05, 2015, 04:30:27 AM »
At first, Rider found herself nodding along to his tirade. But, when he started mentioning "a way" to change things Rider looked at him suspiciously.

What is he trying to get me into? And, more importantly, what is he trying to get Sakura into?

Whilst she was indeed not fond of the gods, her primary and sole interest was in ensuring Sakura's safety and happiness. She didn't mind assisting him, but attempting to go after the gods tended to bring death on you and anyone who supported you, and she did not wish for that to occur to Sakura.

"Sorry, but my loyalty is to Sakura and Sakura alone. I will never do anything that could cause her harm. And, whilst I am no fan of the gods, trying to fight them tends to bring suffering and death on you and everyone around you. I know how the gods think, if I act, Sakura will be held responsible, and that is not something I will allow, no matter what the cause.

Still, I will listen to what you have to say before dismissing it outright. So, what did you have in mind?" she said, clearly very suspicious of his intentions.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 05, 2015, 04:39:06 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

"Twenty-thousand? Is that a lot in this currency?" Blackburn asked while pulling out the parts of his carapace armor.

Dabbing some cleaning oil onto a rag, Mathew began rubbing the chest piece. When Noel described the Nazis, he decided to keep his mouth shut, thinking it better than to rock the boat. Heretics of the Imperial Creed were either put down or worse. No other religion, aside from Cult Mechanicus(But the line blurred there a bit), is tolerated (And why should there be others?). Labor camps are common. Hell, they even have a tank that cuts out the middleman of herding people to chambers: Banewolves are used as much against insurgents as xenos.

So, he just kept cleaning his armor quietly, waiting for an answer to his money question.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:43:52 AM by MissingMandible »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 05, 2015, 04:43:05 AM »
Rin
Rin muttered a "thank you" before plunking down on the chair offered to her, and taking a sip of milk.

"Good morning Emiya-kun." Blearily, she looked up at him. "What was that you and Saber were talking about earlier? Something about Mia being gone?"

"Wow, you're so observant too~"

Rin shot Ruby an even harsher glare, now that she was closer to being something resembling awake, before taking an annoyed sip out of her glass.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 05, 2015, 05:24:40 AM »
Mr. Tar

07:20 AM. In Henry Barthow's small apartment, an alarm clock rang in the cold hours of the morning. The sound echoed through the minimalistic room for exactly two seconds before the detective's hand snapped on the switch and turned it off. Without a grumble, Henry threw the covers to the side and rose out of bed. Stumbling in his recently-risen step, he undressed and turned on his shower.

Water washed over him and he stretched at its light chill. Before he fell, being bothered by heat and being hurt by fire were unknowns. He adapted to that loss of resistance in cover, but in many ways he remained more comfortable with the cold.

His true form had come to feel empowering. Henry thought a lot about that lately. He wasn't sure what it said about him, or about him being himself.

Slowly, he closed the water and made his way out of the bath. Like the day before, he picked out his usual combination of clothes. Unlike the day before, he put a kevlar vest under his shirt. His simple breakfast for that morning consisted of simple cereals and cold milk. He followed it by brewing a topped mug of coffee of out his coffee machine, with two sugar cubes.

Quietly sipping the dark liquid, he walked past his living room with its modest furnishings and his modern tv, to the slightly ajar door next to his room. The detective pushed it open and turned on the light.

Walls covered in photos, notes and newspaper excerpts came into view, connected by a web of multicolored strings so wide anyone would have trouble walking through. Gulping down coffee, Henry looked to the newest additions to his archive.

An immaculately drawn, almost photo-like portrayal of the man from last night who had made his cover shake was pinned to a wall, the label "Angel-like" stuck to it. A single red string connected it to a photo pinned on the opposite wall, of the crime scene of also the previous night.

The detective removed his gaze from it just one second after, before turning off the light and shutting the room. It was not that he strictly needed any of it, after all. But it was "detective-like".

Leaving his empty mug on the dishwasher, he moved on to pack his usual gear. As he threw on his trenchcoat and locked his apartment, his day to day, stressed half-scowl returned to his face. And sighing to himself, he came down from the second floor to walk the short distance to the police precinct in the slight bite of the morning air.

Sarse

The angel gave Than a slightely dazed look for an instant, then slowly blinked.

"I was planning to rent a hotel room tonight. I don't mind sharing the space," he said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I could frankly use some rest too, even in a couch."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:36:58 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 05, 2015, 05:49:42 AM »

"Twenty-thousand? Is that a lot in this currency?" Blackburn asked while pulling out the parts of his carapace armor.

Dabbing some cleaning oil onto a rag, Mathew began rubbing the chest piece. When Noel described the Nazis, he decided to keep his mouth shut, thinking it better than to rock the boat. Heretics of the Imperial Creed were either put down or worse. No other religion, aside from Cult Mechanicus(But the line blurred there a bit), is tolerated (And why should there be others?). Labor camps are common. Hell, they even have a tank that cuts out the middleman of herding people to chambers: Banewolves are used as much against insurgents as xenos.

So, he just kept cleaning his armor quietly, waiting for an answer to his money question.

"Yeah, twenty thousand is a lot of money. Especially for a simple job like this." Noel said, unaware of his internal thoughts."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 05, 2015, 06:14:42 AM »

Mathew hummed in acknowledgment. When he reached the lower part of the torso section, he noticed a few odd things sticking out on the left side, about where his kidney would be if he was wearing it. With his combat knife, he began picking at it, until he got whatever it was out and onto the table. It was some sort of beetle...

It was a dead Borer Beetle, a kind of Tyranid projectile. The same kind that killed Jennings.

Mathew's breathing became ragged as Noel's apartment changed into Hadlock Complex D, the plush animals in front of him twisted into 'Gaunts, and the unplugged fountain became a Warrior...

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 05, 2015, 12:27:07 PM »
MARK BURRIDGE

The short, enigmatic man listened to Psycho Girl’s agonized whimpers without the slightest hint of remorse. He didn’t look back, but he did attune himself to listen to every sound that came from her exact location, just as a precaution. It was hard to be too prepared here in the Nexus.

Then the whimpering stopped. In fact, nearly every sound coming specifically from her location suddenly ceased. Mark’s eyebrows came together in confusion, before turning around to see what was going on with the girl. Instead of a little kid on her knees crying, he was greeted by the sight of a rabid killer about to cut his head off.

Mark reflexively ducked his head and reared to the side in a bid to evade the katana. He wasn’t quite fast enough.

The end of the blade cut through his flesh like he wasn’t there. The sword dug into the skin right next to his temple and cleaved through his whole face in an instant. The left eye popped like a grape, then the weapon tore through the bone and into the mouth, slicing off four teeth and nearly severing the tongue before exiting through fleshy cheek tissue in an impressive display of bodily mutilation.

Mark Burridge seemed to not notice. Some bystanders would even wonder if the katana had actually hit him.

Bending his legs, the professional stalker launched himself at the demonic child in a sudden burst of momentum that shattered the concrete beneath him. The nearly instant acceleration allowed him to catch up to the girl, who was slowing down after having completed her attack, and grab her by her long, silvery ponytail. Planting both feet on the ground and skidding to a halt, Mark swung his arm forward and threw the white haired girl forward like a ball from a slingshot. There was no proper form or buildup of momentum, just the frantic impulse to get her the fuck away as fast as possible.

Coming back to a stop a mere second after having his head cut open, Mark shielded his face with one hand while growling in frustration and fury. He ran down the street, nearly bowling over several stunned onlookers in his haste to be somewhere else.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:45:31 PM by Kaze »
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 05, 2015, 02:11:05 PM »
Guts wakes up some time later in a hospital bed, staring at an unfamiliar white ceiling.

Now that's just an eyesore.

With that in mind, Guts sits up and slides out of bed, finding himself attached to...something. Annoyed, he grabs the needle inserted into him and simply pulls the damn thing out before checking himself over.

"...Okay, now that's strange. Does this place have fairies or something?"

Guts takes a moment to try moving around, finding that everything is in perfect working order, somehow, and that the bullet wounds and the accompanying pain have all vanished.

"...You know what, I think I'll just take this run of good luck for what it is."

Then Guts notices a strange note left on the bedside table.

'Want a job?' the note says.

"...Fuck it, why not."

Guts turns the note over...to find nothing more than an address and a time.

"...Strange, but I've got nothing better to do right now."

With that, Guts makes his way out of this accursed hospital, leaving its sterile, lifeless air and its tasteless food behind.

The sound of feet pounding up the stairs follows not too far behind the now-dead sniper's shout. What sounds like three sets of footsteps echo through the hallway as three relatively beefy guys with assault rifles come into view. Upon the sighting the pirate, they quickly raise their weapons and fire, sending a hail of hot lead towards the pirate.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 05, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »

Mathew hummed in acknowledgment. When he reached the lower part of the torso section, he noticed a few odd things sticking out on the left side, about where his kidney would be if he was wearing it. With his combat knife, he began picking at it, until he got whatever it was out and onto the table. It was some sort of beetle...

It was a dead Borer Beetle, a kind of Tyranid projectile. The same kind that killed Jennings.

Mathew's breathing became ragged as Noel's apartment changed into Hadlock Complex D, the plush animals in front of him twisted into 'Gaunts, and the unplugged fountain became a Warrior...

Noel looked at him in concern, just a minute before Mathew had been calmly humming to him while cleaning his armor, and thenhe had found something in his armor... Now his breathing is labored and he's shaking slightly, eyes wide with terror.

Noel softly touched him on the sholder. "Hey, are you alright? Snap out of it." Noel shook him slightly.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:12 PM »
Lorenzo Remei

Lorenzo winced in annoyance as the three thugs showed themselves, each holding powerful guns.

Tsk... only three?

Without wasting time or breath, they pulled the trigger, a monstrous rain of bullet fire shot towards the pirate, who was still hindered by his stuck foot.

Holding his hand out towards the hail of bullets, the pirate didn't even brandish his blade as all lamps and lights in the room erupted into pyre, flames bursting from all corners of the room as if to devour all that stood in their way. Rapidly circling in front of Lorenzo, something intercepted the bullets.

A gigantic bird-like creature now stood in front of the pirate, the door slowly burning before crumbling down, his foot now liberated.

Heh, should've done this sooner.

The bullets stopped inside the writhing creature, mowed down by the intensive gunfire as it grew larger and larger. Flames covered every inch of the hal at this point, surrounding the four men.

"Now, which one of you will die first?", Lorenzo snarled with a mad grin.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 06, 2015, 12:23:39 AM »
The three say nothing, instead deciding to pull one frag grenade off theirs belts each and lob them directly at the pirate.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 06, 2015, 12:38:05 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

The explosives never managed to leave even one of the thug’s hands. All Lorenzo needed was a snap of fingers for the three grenades to simply explode, turning the Helloweeners’s arms into bloody mince meat and causing severe damage.

Pondering for a second, Lorenzo pointed at the thug on the left, as he did so, countless flames took the shape of hounds and pounced of him, burning his flesh off. Screams of anguish and horrifying pain echoed troughout the hall, all Lorenzo did was click his tongue in annoyance.

« Kill yourselves, i twill make a much more fitting death for curs like you. I won’t waste even a breath on landlubbers like you… Why don’t you both fight it out with what little guns you have left? I’ll let whoever survives leave, I won’t chase you or kill you.», he said, grinning all along.

Lorenzo could be cruel at times.