Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474334 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1335 on: February 06, 2015, 12:44:05 AM »
The Halloweeners looked at the pirate, then at each other, then back at the pirate. Shrugging, they both turned to the pirate and triggered the underslung grenade launchers attached to their assault rifles, sending twin explosive projectiles towards the pirate.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 06, 2015, 12:55:14 AM »
Mia

Silver cut true as the man tried to dodge, but he was not fast enough to avoid Silver completely. Mia was not able to completely enjoy he amount of damage she caused as she moved past him and landed on her feet.

Then she felt her ponytail be grabbed and used to throw her down the street. “AHHHH,” she screamed as she slamed into a wall hard, Silver vanishing as it was freed from her mouth and sank into the ground.

Then she slid down the wall in a crumpled heap, blood driping from his mouth and her hands discolored and swollen. Weakly she tried to lift her head, only to see the man’s back as he fled. She lost. She lost. She lost. She lost.

“I’ll call you Mia, because you are the child of our wishes.” She remembered a voice, a soft and kind voice in her first moments. Why did she remember it, that person, the first person she ever met? Why did she remember it now? “So be sure to get strong, ok? If it is you, you can definitely do it.”

She would get stronger, and she would end him.

“Hahhhh,” Mia let out a pitiful moan as tears started to stream down her face. Desperately she tried to get up before she slipped and fell on her arms, “AHHHHH” She let out a pained scream as she landed on her hands.

People were looking at her; they were afraid of her, worried for her, curious of her, unsure what to make of her. And so she got up onto her feet and found her way into an alley, leaving their sight for but a moment. Then by the time they got there the only thing left were he wet spots on the ground, where here streaming tears fell.

Hamara

“Why do I have the right?” Hamara looked at her, the force in her eyes enough to make a simple man tremble. “I have the right for it was the purpose I was born with. To enforce the truth recorded at the beginning by the first light.” It was not a matter of contention, it was an irrefutable truth, “I have the right to cleanse her for it is my purpose, and my duty.”

His eyes soften and his voice quieted slightly,  “My sister, everything I do if for the sake of all my siblings. And you are the same. Even if you don’t agree I will still watch over you, for you are more precious to me then the greatest of treasures.” And that is what he felt.

His brothers and sisters of body and soul. They were the most precious thing to him. He would safeguard them from those that deceive them, because it is meant to... no, it is what he wants to do.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:58:25 AM by Knick »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 06, 2015, 12:59:59 AM »
Vanguard

Vanguard looked right at Rider, in a grim tone, he spoke.
« And it is because you are loyal to Sakura that you will help me. There is another reason I have been called upon this world, you see… »

« If I was called here, it most likely means what happened in my world will surely reoccur once again . I cannot be certainly sure of it, but sadly the possibilities of such a future are likelier than you might think. If that is the case, I am afraid Sakura will most likely suffer once more, and despair like we once had. That is the sad fate that awaits all records.»

Vanguard stopped there, he had already said far enough. If Rider was truly loyal to Sakura, he would use that very loyalty to reach that goal if necessary. Such was the true face of the fallen guardian.

« But we, who have once before tasted of the Gods’s poison and suffered for their whim, we can prevent this from happening. », he spoke solemnly, sadness seeping from his words.

The knight was not lying, he simply spoke of a possibility he knew of, just as likely as millions of others. But he knew that in order to prevent any suspicions, he needed Rider’s heart to be at ease and convince her to follow this path.

« What I plan is very simple, Rider... » As he said that, Vanguard took hold of the crystal glass. As if crushing an egg, Vanguard lightly squeezed at it, glass shards as thin as sand fell on the table.

« Deicide .»

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 06, 2015, 01:09:56 AM »
Sakura

“Why do I have the right?” Hamara looked at her, the force in her eyes enough to make a simple man tremble. “I have the right for it was the purpose I was born with. To enforce the truth recorded at the beginning by the first light.” It was not a matter of contention, it was an irrefutable truth, “I have the right to cleanse her for it is my purpose, and my duty.”

His eyes soften and his voice quieted slightly,  “My sister, everything I do if for the sake of all my siblings. And you are the same. Even if you don’t agree I will still watch over you, for you are more precious to me then the greatest of treasures.” And that is what he felt.

Sakura stomped her foot hard, causing a large noise and a nearby plate to shake. “What do you mean it is the purpose you were born with? She has done nothing wrong. She has only ever tried to protect me!” Sakura paused, glaring defiantly at him. “If you’re worried she’ll try to hurt people, I can guarantee that she won’t! She wouldn’t, and even if she would I wouldn’t let her!” Sakura held up her hand and showed Hamara the command seals emblazoned on her hand. “If she did, I could stop her with this!”

Sakura sighed in frustration and looked down at her seals. After a while, she looked back up at Hamara, and addressed him calmly. “So please, don’t hurt her. Please.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 06, 2015, 01:21:57 AM »
Hamara

“Can you really promise that? Can you promise that in order to preserve your safety would she not condemn countless lives?” Hamara questioned.

“Can you promise that should you pass on she would she not hurt others?” He continued asking, “Would you accept her if she killed all you held dear for your safety?” He tried to persuade her.

Such a beast, something that was completely disconnected from man, it cared not for others, it cared not for lives. If it happened to bind itself to a human it would care only for it, and not for any others, and it would do anything it if meant protecting them, even it if destroyed their happiness.

And so Hamara would cleanse her.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:23:31 AM by Knick »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 06, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

Tsk, I give these curs one chance and they blow it like that…

Lorenzo didn’t even budge, unmoving as multiple grenades launched themselves towards him like deathly ravens,  all that surrounded the pirate was blown to smithereens. In the middle of it all stood the pirate, unharmed and untouched, that is to say, aside his left arm.

Blood dripped from his forehead, shoulder and arm, he glared at the thugs angrily.
Suddenly, a rictus formed on his bleeding visage, he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

« No self preservation I see. », he growled. As flames began to crawl up his body, pyre danced and surrounded Lorenzo.

« Please, my friends, try the flames of hell for me. » and as he said that, a raging inferno erupted in front of Lorenzo, hounds, ravens and beasts bit their way trough the flesh as the two thugs were slowly cremated before his eyes.

A strong ringing sound could be heard from all corners, water sprayed from the ceiling in an attempt to put out the fire, but there was simply too much for it to be extinguished in such a manner.

Limping trough the hall as if nothing were, the structure crumbled wherever he walked from, the fire eating away at the old building as the smoke rose up high in the air. The pirate didn’t even glance at the charred corpses, the man solely focused on finding his way out.

Finally, the bleeding man found an exit, the sunlight beated on his forehead as he took a deep breath of fresh air. Looking back, he marveled at the destruction he caused.

« Eh, I guess it feels good to let loose once in a while. », he mutered before lying don on the grass. He feld awfully… tired.

Looks like I took more of a beating there than I thought. Still, such a shame, they barely put up a fight at all.

The pirate glanced down at his wounds, cursing his carelessness. He should’ve gone serious from the beginning, but at least he got out alive. And with that, his eyes closed, and Lorenzo simply fell asleep peacefully.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 06, 2015, 02:07:18 AM »
Mia

Mia leaned against a wall and gingerly laid her hands on her lap as she cried, “Shirou… Shirou…” She mumbled as tears streamed down her eyes, “Papa… I need you papa.” She cried. It seems someone noticed the crying and looked around, and then she saw Mia, a child with swollen deformed hands and with scrapes all over her body. Tears were streaming down her eyes, and she was calling for her dad.

“Oh my god.” They whispered in horror, before they ran over to her and kneeled at her side, “Don’t worry, you will be alright. I am calling an ambulance.” Then she fumbled around, trying to get out her cell phone.

Mia looked at the woman they came to help her. But Mia did not care. She only saw one thing. She could fix herself. And as the woman finally got her phone out and started to diel a number Mia raised to her feet. And then she kicked her head. The force sent her flying to a wall, where he head met the cement with a sickening crunch.

Then around Mia vibrant light began to from, flickering many colors. It danced around Mia's wounds for a moment before it entered them and vanished.

And in that brief moment, with one of her stories carried out, Mia was returned to her peak.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:38:10 AM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 06, 2015, 02:09:45 AM »
Rider listened to Vanguard's response with further suspicion. It was true that the Gods were capable of causing great damage, but they had not done so for thousands of years. Indeed, they seemed to have faded from the world entirely. Further, she got the sense that he was hiding something important, and telling her only part of the story.

And, plus, he was asking her to decide whether she supported him or not without explaining what she was supporting. There was no way she could agree to that.

"How can I agree if I don't know what I am agreeing to?

Further, the Gods have disappeared from Sakura's world. Or, at least, they no longer have the power to interfere with it. As for this world, I am not sure if it has gods at all. I do not know what these 'records' of which you speak are, or even the nature of your gods. If you wish for me to assist you, then you have to explain what you are talking about, why you think that not acting will result in Sakura's suffering.

As I said previously, I am willing to hear you out if you wish to explain your plan, and as long as your acts will not harm Sakura I will make no effort to stop you even if I do not agree to involve myself, but I will not do anything that could put Sakura in danger", she replied, clearly extremely uncertain about what he was asking for. "Before I will agree to anything, I want the full truth of your intentions. If it you trick me into agreement, I will simply walk away from it as soon as I find out."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 06, 2015, 02:32:24 AM »
Sakura

Hamara

“Can you really promise that? Can you promise that in order to preserve your safety would she not condemn countless lives?” Hamara questioned.

Sakura earnestly replied without a mote of hesitation. “Yes, I can promise that! I would not let her. No matter what!”

“Can you promise that should you pass on she would she not hurt others?” He continued asking, “Would you accept her if she killed all you held dear for your safety?” He tried to persuade her.

“She wouldn’t! I believe in her!” Sakura began to yell again. “And I wouldn’t accept her if she tried to kill all I hold dear to save me! Because she wouldn’t be Rider! I told you, she wouldn’t do that to me. She wouldn’t kill Shirou!” ”Would she?” “That’s not Rider!” ”Is it?” Sakura pleaded with him. “Please, just give her a chance! Just one chance!”

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 06, 2015, 02:46:02 AM »
PARIAH

The virus was perfectly content with leading his 'uncle' around the quieter parts of the Nexus. It was a strange feeling. They didn't talk much at all as they walked but something in this normality was almost soothing to the abomination. Then he heard the familiar sound of a head being smashed against something hard.

He came to a sudden stop and turned to see a girl surrounded by light. His eyes widened as her scratches and swollen hand healed and only the thought of leaving Wanderer gave him pause. His gaze rapidly shifted back and forth between the fully healed girl and the cowboy before giving the man a stern look.

"Stay!" Then just to add to his command the Leader Hunter moved in front of the cowboy and promptly sat on Wanderer's feet.

With that problem solved PARIAH turned back to face the potential family member and ran towards her. The ground shattered as if it was nothing more than glass due to his sheer weight and speed. It barely took him a few seconds before he was standing a few feet away from. He nodded appreciatively at the corpse before awkwardly raising a hand and waving it at the red-eyed girl. "Hi."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 06, 2015, 03:02:35 AM »
Hamara

“I cannot.” Hamara said simply, “For what I am doing must be done.” He brought his hand up and softly touch her cheek. “I do not wish to see your sorrow or anger, but I will accept it should you feel it towards me.” His hand lowered to his side as he closed his eyes.

“I will accept it all, all of humanity’s evils, all of their good.  I will accept their resentment, their hatred, they happiness, they worship.” He then gave Sakura a beautiful smile, a smile of someone completely at peace with his life and choices. “I will follow the truth, and I will protect my brothers and sisters, as well as their place in this world.”

“That is the duty of the The Saint that Stands in the Fields of Creation.” He finished simply. 

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:02 AM »
Vanguard

The knight grunted at the woman’s response. It seemed what he said was not enough to convince her. Furthermore, cheap trickery seemed to have no effect on her, if possible he wished to avoid conflict with Rider. If Vanguard lied and the servant was to find out, Rider could hinder him.

“Very well Rider, I will explain to you all that needs to be explained.”

Vanguard rose, casting a shadow upon Rider, and took hold of a silver knife.

“You say that Sakura’s world cannot be influenced by the gods, and you say that it is possible the same can apply to this world as well. But this is where you are mistaken, Rider. They will come once more, those who watch from above always do. Even if they may not directly manifest in this world… calamities, sickness, plague, all which is wrong and unjust can be traced back to them.

In my unending years of slumber, I have seen it all: meaningless suffering and meaningless pain. I have seen fellow men slay and be slain, and I have witnessed the gods simply watch in amusement as men prayed for salvation, only to throw and play with human lives as if they were toys.”

Brandishing the blade towards the heavens, he declared, a blank solemn tone, unfaltering and unfading.

“I wish to do what should’ve been done long ago, I will slay the gods, and end this never ending cycle of suffering. I will create a world where all can be kings and queens, where not a single soul has to be pained any longer. If I can end it all, if I can put a stop to this mad farce, I will be at ease. ”

A faint chuckle, he held his hand towards Rider.

“Eventually, Sakura will know of this pain as well. We all do, eventually. Is it really so wrong to wish for a world where none have to be in pain any longer for their sick amusement!?”, said Vanguard, his disdain for deities clearer than ever.

“There are artifacts in this world that can slay even a god… I wish to obtain these object, and make the gods rue the day they gave me this accursed body of mine.”

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:45 AM »
Sakura

Hamara

“I cannot.” Hamara said simply, “For what I am doing must be done.” He brought his hand up and softly touch her cheek. “I do not wish to see your sorrow or anger, but I will accept it should you feel it towards me.” His hand lowered to his side as he closed his eyes.

“I will accept it all, all of humanity’s evils, all of their good.  I will accept their resentment, their hatred, they happiness, they worship.” He then gave Sakura a beautiful smile, a smile of someone completely at peace with his life and choices. “I will follow the truth, and I will protect my brothers and sisters, as well as their place in this world.”

“That is the duty of the The Saint that Stands in the Fields of Creation.” He finished simply.

Sakura’s lip began to tremble in response. She averted her eyes from his face as he continued to speak ”How could he. How could he betray me. How. I thought he was different. How. Why. How. I knew he was different. What went wrong. Why did it go wrong. Why does it always go wrong. Nothing ever goes right. I never get a break. First Tokiomi sends me away to the Matous; then I finally get Shirou, only to be snatched away from him after a short time. Now I meet a man who was supposed to be my friend, my ally, no matter what. And then he betrays me. He betrayed me.

No, I must have been wrong. He never was on my side to begin with. He was just pretending. I hate this! I hate the world! I hate him! How dare he lie to me. He’s just like the rest. A coward who doesn’t understand me, like everyone else. I was stupid to think otherwise. I’m an idiot for thinking the world might be giving me a break now; that it would let me be happy. I get Rider back, now it’s trying to take her away from me.

Fuck that. I won’t let it. I won’t lose anything, ever again. I don’t care anymore. The world can hate me, I’m going to find Shirou, find Rin, and protect them. I’m done with accepting it. That only leads to pain.”

Sakura pulled away from Hamara, and glowered at him, her gaze was full of nothing but disdain for his existence.

“Fine, I understand. I was wrong. You weren’t the answer to my problems after all.” She stated in a flat and matter of fact voice. “You are just like the rest.”

Sakura turned around and left him behind, not looking back. ”Good riddance.”

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 06, 2015, 03:36:41 AM »
Hamara

As Sakura turned and left Hamara spoke, “No matter what happens, no matter what you think. One thing will be true. I will always protect you, my dear Sister.”

And as she walked out of the room, “Even should you become all of humanity’s evil. I would still protect and love you.” And then the door clicked shut.

And then Hamara was alone.

He turned and looked out to the city. His eyes resolute, no matter what happened, his path was true. And so he would walk it. And so he would illuminate the path intended.

And so he would stand against the infinity before him.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 06, 2015, 03:46:32 AM »
Sakura

Hamara

As Sakura turned and left Hamara spoke, “No matter what happens, no matter what you think. One thing will be true. I will always protect you, my dear Sister.”

And as she walked out of the room, “Even should you become all of humanity’s evil. I would still protect and love you.” And then the door clicked shut.

And then Hamara was alone.

He turned and looked out to the city. His eyes resolute, no matter what happened, his path was true. And so he would walk it. And so he would illuminate the path intended.

And so he would stand against the infinity before him.
Sakura ignored everything Hamara said after she began to leave, it meant nothing to her, after all. He had shown his true colours, and just like everything else in the world, he was her enemy. She had no need to listen to such a person, what they said was meaningless.

After she rode down the elevator and exited the building, she walked a good distance away, pushing through people who were in her way. As soon as she was several blocks away, Sakura sent a mental message to Rider. ”Rider, meet me here, now. I need you. We have stuff to do. Bring Vanguard if he’s still there.”