Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474501 times)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1350 on: February 06, 2015, 03:47:47 AM »
Mia

Mia’s head tilted as the boy crashed into the ground in front of her, the earth shattering all around him. He seemed to examine the body on the ground near Mia, making Mia wonder if she should bring out Silver, before he looked right at her.

Then he aquwardly raised his hand and waved it at Mia, “Hi” he greeted.

Mia just blinked a bit in confusion, before she smiled, “Hello! What's your name?.” She said happily.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:48:45 AM by Knick »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 06, 2015, 04:08:33 AM »
PARIAH

PARIAH took a few steps forwards as tendrils emerged from his back and wrapped around the cooling corpse. As it was brought closer to his body it was completely torn to shreds and merged flawlessly with the rest of him. After he was done with his 'meal' he came even closer and gently grabbed one of the girl's hands with his own.

"I'm PARIAH, and you're Sister!" There was definitely an excited tone in his voice and he looked like he was almost to the point where he would be jumping up and down, but that was to be expected. After all, PARIAH had just found a new family member.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:18:49 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 06, 2015, 05:29:27 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Mathew gripped his combat knife tighter as he turned to face the Tyranid grabbing hold of his shoulder. The face of a blonde-haired woman was not what he expected...

Reality swiftly returned: This was the apartment, not Hadlock Complex D. Those were stuffed animals and a fountain, not Tyranids. And that was Noel lightly shaking him. The past few weeks are obviously catching up to him.

Mathew put the knife onto the table and rested his head on the armor. "I-I'm sorry. I just need a minute. I need to sort a few things out." He said quietly.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:32:16 AM by MissingMandible »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 06, 2015, 05:34:21 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Mathew gripped his combat knife tighter as he turned to face the Tyranid grabbing hold of his shoulder. The face of a blonde-haired woman was not what he expected...

Reality swiftly returned: This was the apartment, not Hadlock Complex D. Those were stuffed animals and a fountain, not Tyranids. And that was Noel lightly shaking him.

The past few weeks are catching up to him.

Mathew put the knife onto the table and rested his head on the armor. "I-I'm sorry. I just need a minute. I need to sort a few things out." He said quietly.

Noel smiled softly. "It's fine, Mathew. Let's set up the futon and you can get some rest now, you need it." Noel got up and pulled all the pillows off the couch, walked over to the side, and pressed a button. The couch quickly flattened out and became a good sized guest bed. "So, come on, help me get some sheets." Noel prodded him gently.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 06, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
“I’ve heard about a blond girl who wields a sword on the police force, and that she hangs around with some vigilante vampire girl who calls herself something like the The law of myself, or something silly like that. I think a vampire pretending to be good is fairly comical, but I can’t see it ending well.”

"I cannot say I operate myself within strict boundaries of the law, but declaring yourself to be THE law? It is such type of arrogance that bothers me most. Those who think they are fit to unilaterally declare what is wrong and right too often stray into the path of a tyrant for my own comfort. And tyrants I will oppose, for the sake of those who are unable to resist their clutches themselves. No matter how they 'title' themselves." Mordred declared that in a firm voice, more sure about her role in this forsaken city than ever since she unfortunately strayed off her path in Hedge and was trapped in it.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 06, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
As the pleasantly warm water, scalding hot only moments before, cascaded over the teen, washing away layers of grime and dirt, Adjutor found himself thinking about everything that had happened the previous night and the day before.

Honestly, this is somehow not the shittiest day we've ever had.

No, but it comes pretty close.

Hey, at least it's ending on a decent note.

And? We're out of a job, probably hated by that Sorcerer guy for breaking into his workshop, and...well...let's face it. Our new hostess doesn't really seem like she appreciates our being here, given that she looked like she was going to punch us out a few minutes ago.

Well, in all fairness, you did kinda bring that on yourself.

Doesn't change the fact that she has no reason to let us stay, and now we've given her even less of a reason.

Is that eve-

Don't, Xarrest, just don't.

Look, I'm just trying-

To help? To distract me from how much more impossible this ideal has become? What?!

...I think you need to take a step back and evaluate the situation. If she wanted us out, I'd think she wouldn't have let us use her shower first.

Well...

Look, Adjutor, let's face it. We're fucking social outcasts most of the time, of course we're going to say and do stupid things every now and then. You don't need to walk around on eggshells, you know.

Except we do. Look at what happened with that screamer at the hospital. One look at the non-human and suddenly he's trying to murder everyone. How can you expect me not to be walking around on eggshells when, considering how this place apparently is, people like him could very well be commonplace?

Our hostess isn't like that.

I guess that's of some comfort. ...Fuck, why are we even bothering? I mean, seriously, with the way this place is, there are going to be new Monsters coming in potentially every day.

And? It's not like we're the only people who don't take kindly to those kinds of assholes.

Be that as it may...now it really is impossible. Really, what's the point?

Of what?

Living with this ideal. Nothing we do as the Monster Hunter will make a difference here.

Then try to find something else to be?

The Monster Hunter is everything that I am! It's the only reason I went back to Orthos! The only reason I had to live! All I've ever done is hunt Monsters!

Bull. Fucking. Shit. What did you live for before you met me?

That person doesn't matter here. He died when I was born, and you know it.

So you're telling me that the old you wouldn't have gone around, trying to make things better for people, if he had what you have?!

Why would he?! He had no reason to do so, no obligation. He would have taken his powers, carved out a nice cushy place in the world to live, and done whatever he so pleased! Or he would have turned vigilante out of some misguided idealism. Or maybe he would have hidden his powers, forgotten them with time, and tried to live a normal life. I don't know, because he died. All I know is that, whatever path he would have taken, he would make sure he wasn't alone. Heh. That's the one thing we have in common, him and I, and you for that matter, we all hate to be alone.

That's not the point here. The point is that you shouldn't be giving up just because your ideal can't possibly be fulfilled. It was impossible to accomplish in the first place! They're fucking ideals. Dreams, hopes, desires, what have you, but an ideal world cannot exist, and even if it could, it wouldn't be worth living in. For the love of the Pantheon, I can't believe I'm actually the one telling you this.

That much is obvious. But this ideal is all that I have left, at this point.

No it's not. It's not even an ideal that you want to follow.

Your point?

Okay let me try a different approach. Do you like killing, yes or no?

No.

So why do you keep doing it?

To keep others from having to go through what I went through then. Or at the very least make their lives better however we can.

And do you like doing this?

Of course. No one should have to have their whole life torn away from them. If I can prevent anything like that from happening, then why shouldn't I?

But you realize that it's impossible to stop new Monsters from appearing?

I would like to think it isn't...but it probably is impossible.

So why are you giving up now?

This whole situation is hopeless, though. There could be any number of Monsters coming in at any time the time, and we don't have Darius.

Yes, we don't have Darius, I will admit that that is a problem.

But, then again, we have nothing to go back to...

Dammit, I was trying to avoid this.

We have nothing to go back to, we can't possibly make a difference here, and we have no way out even if we wanted to leave.

Why do you assume you can't make a difference? I mean...dammit, can you just take your mind off this subject for now? Think about something else? A new Concept, maybe?

...I don't know...

Then how about you go out and try meeting some new people? Pantheon knows there's no shortage of supply in that regard.

Maybe.

Besides, look on the bright side. We're not alone right now, are we?

And that isn't subject to change?

Fuck you, stop thinking like that.

Grendel, though exhausted beyond all possible belief, was still disciplined enough to at least change out of his Inquisitorial robes and into something slightly more comfortable, emphasis on slightly, before collapsing onto the surprisingly decent bed that was likely the only appreciable thing about this seedy motel room. Though he was no stranger to sleeping in less-than-ideal conditions, the Inquisitor found himself unable to drift off into that peaceful oblivion. He tossed and turned in the bed for a few hours before finally giving up on sleeping altogether, sitting up in his bed as he contemplated everything that had happened since he'd arrived in this strange place.

I am an Inquisitor, a Living Saint, another of the Emperor's many tools, and I am stranded on a backwards planet that has somehow drifted from His Light. The people here are somehow ignorant of the Emperor and His Works. And I have no way to report back to the Inquisition on my findings here. As it stands, I am incapable of carrying out my duties, I have no knowledge of this place or any Heresies that might be lurking beneath whatever veil of lies that might have been woven for their protection.

No. That wasn't right.

...Where did I lose myself? I am a Living Saint of the Imperium, a mere tool of the God Emperor's own Will. This world may be beyond the light that shines from Holy Terra, but I am that through which the Light of the Emperor shall be shown to this world, should he see fit to use me. I should not doubt my own purpose simply because I cannot call upon the resources of the Inquisition. Not while the Emperor still sees fit to work through me! There is work to be done, and it shall be done. No stone shall be unturned, no Heresy will be beyond my reach.

"Foolish of me," Grendel remarks with no small amount of disgust, "To think that I had been forsaken by Him. Never again shall I falter. Never again shall I doubt."

With this assurance calming his mind, Grendel tries to sleep once more, noting that he will need rest if he is to carry out his duties to the best of his abilities tomorrow. This time, the peaceful oblivion comes quickly.

When tomorrow came, he would not be found wanting.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:01:36 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 06, 2015, 10:09:07 PM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald

Even though he was in a different world now his internal alarm clock would not allow him to oversleep. Awakening slowly it took him a few moments to remember his current situation. Glancing around the plain room he could feel a dull pain enveloping his body.

While the magical energy in the air was functioning properly, he couldn't help but remark that it felt different somehow. Almost as if it was a foreign food that he couldn't quite get used to.

But regardless everything else seemed to be in order, preferring to keep to himself even in this new world, Kayneth silently left the room and headed for the exit of the great mansion that he temporarily resided in, the few magical instruments he had retained safely tucked away into his coat pockets.

If he wanted to get a better grasp on the situation he needed to find a more permanent abode. He needed something that would last a very long time and would be safe from most attacks.

With these thoughts in his head he began to head towards the nearest market he could find. Luckily in the drags of the great city such a thing was very common.

Walking through the automatic glass doors, Kayneth immediately headed towards the direction he believed would hold various maps of the city. His goal, to find a residence, and he would start with the most familiar residence to him.

'Hotels, hotels, where could they be...'

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 07, 2015, 12:33:49 AM »
After Vanguard had finished, Rider sat there thinking it over. She was still not remotely convinced that anything he said was applicable to this world, or to hers. Certainly, his gods were not the same as the ones she had known. The story simply did not fit. At the same time, though, she couldn't really find anything to disagree with in his words, or in his goal. Further, Rider could tell that the Sakura she had met was not happy. She missed Shirou, and understandably so. If he could do anything to help her, then that was worth attempting.

So, overall, she found his plan acceptable, at least for the time being. Of course, if it ever put Sakura in any danger, she would withdraw instantly, and she would never put his goal above protecting or assisting Sakura in any way, but as long as those conditions were met she saw no reason not to assist him.

However, just as Rider was formulating her response, she heard Sakura's voice in her mind.

Rider, meet me here, now. I need you. We have stuff to do. Bring Vanguard if he’s still there, it said.

OK, Sakura, hold on, we are coming, she sent in reply.

Immediately, she stood up from the table and turned to Vanguard, the urgency in her voice clear.

"Vanguard, Sakura needs us! Follow me", she said, immediately heading towards the door as fast as she could whilst ensuring that Vanguard could keep pace with her.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:36:12 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 07, 2015, 12:42:33 AM »
Vanguard

What?

Vanguard did not say a word; instantly the knight leapt from his place, each step he took shook the house as he ran at immense speeds, far greater than any man could achieve. Even so, he had trouble keeping up with Rider's nimble movements.

Fast... she is fast!

Having reached a great distance, he finally decided to speak up, his voice filled with urgency.
"What happened, is Sakura in danger?"

The metal warrior paused for a second, unsure of what to say. His steps moved the very earth around, heavy metal feet crushed the concrete floor as cracks slowly formed wherever he landed.

Focusing on his path, Vanguard finally resumed.
"...About the plan, what say you? Will you assist me in my quest?"

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:46:13 AM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 07, 2015, 12:49:22 AM »
Sakura

OK, Sakura, hold on, we are coming, she sent in reply.

”Good. Rider, come as fast as you can, it’s very important.” Sakura thought to Rider. ”Caster, send familiars to search for Shirou and my sister. Now.” Sakura mentally commanded Faust as well. ”Get as many moving around as you can, they don’t need to be strong.”

She then began quickly walking down the street, stopping people at random and asking them if they’d seen people matching her descriptions, anxiously awaiting Rider and Vanguard.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 07, 2015, 01:02:46 AM »
Good. Rider, come as fast as you can, it’s very important, came the reply from her master.

We are coming now, Sakura, she replied, moving as fast as possible whilst ensuring that Vanguard could keep pace with her.

"I don't believe she is in danger, no, she would have used her command spell if she were. It seemed rather urgent, though", she said, looking back but not stopping or slowing down.

"As for your quest, whilst I am not remotely convinced that your gods are any danger to this world, your plan seems harmless enough, and could potentially be of great benefit to Sakura. So, yes, I am willing to assist you, as long as doing so does not interfere with our role as Sakura's servants, and does not endanger her in any way. But, if I get any indication that our actions might be likely to cause harm to Sakura, I shall withdraw immediately", she added, still running as fast as possible towards Sakura's destination, careful to remain in Vanguard's sight at all times and only to make manoeuvres he could follow.

Finally, she arrived at Sakura's side.

"What do you need, Sakura?" she said, her eager tone showing no indication that she had just run several miles at speeds well above a normal human's capability.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:14:25 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 07, 2015, 01:09:53 AM »
Vanguard nodded to Rider's response, who now slowed down just enough for him to keep up with her speed. "I am grateful for your help Rider, your benevolence is truly inspiring."

Boosting even further, the knight finally reached his master, a gale blew dust away as he now stood directly before her, the massive warrior simply kneeled.

"I await your orders, Sakura. Where shall you lead?", Vanguard eagerly asked, his booming voice echoing under his very armour.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 07, 2015, 01:22:41 AM »
Mia

The moment the boy hand touched her hand Silver appeared in other and cut it off of his arm. It then dropped harmlessly to the ground.

Mia simply had the same happy smile she did before, “Hey, hey. Let’s play tag, ok? I’m it.” She giggled afterward and lowered herself to a stance.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 07, 2015, 01:23:10 AM »
Faust

Faust nodded in agreement with her sentiments. “You are quite correct, that kind of thinking is-”
Faust was interrupted by Sakura sending him a telepathic command.

”Caster, send familiars to search for Shirou and my sister. Now.” Sakura mentally commanded Faust as well. ”Get as many moving around as you can, they don’t need to be strong.” Sakura firmly ordered him.

Faust quickly responded. “All right, I’ll do so right now. But why the sudden intensification in your search?” He asked.

”I don’t have time to explain Caster, just do it, please! I’ll explain later.” Sakura responded, clearly in a hurry.

Faust turned to Mordred. “I’m sorry, but we need to stop for a minute. My master has urgently ordered me to search for someone with my familiars, I’ll need a minute to summon them, then we can move on.”

Faust turned away once more without waiting for her response and pointed his arm at the ground, causing a magic circle to appear on the ground. He said a single word: “Come.” A large swarm of demonic insects, both crawling and flying, and sent them a single, simple order. Find them! He willed to them, sending a mental image to them. That is your task, do not harm them, or anyone else. They chittered relentlessly in response before dispersing throughout the city, quickly searching every house, every building, every street they passed for their targets.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:25:42 AM by Cherry Lover »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 07, 2015, 01:25:39 AM »
Hamara

Hamara walked out of his room, his Guards snapping to attention. He simply waved them off and allowed them to go about their business. 

He then walked over to the couch and sat down to the child that was sleeping. Then without a word his hand rested on her head and began to stroke her hair, and a peaceful but small smile graced his features.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:27:28 AM by Knick »