Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474474 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1380 on: February 07, 2015, 07:56:26 PM »
Couches are just the best.

Take this from me, I've slept literally everywhere. In a sleeping back, on a bench, leaning on a tree, on the floor, standing up (in a corner, sorta lean towards it in a way that your legs stay straight), everywhere.

And couches are the best because they aren't as comfortable as a bed, yet comfortable enough to be easy to sleep on. See, when a bed's too comfortable, you don't leave its warm embrace until like, four pm. In a couch? Up and at 'em at six am, baby.

Sadly, judging by the lack of sound coming from anywhere in the apartment, I seemed to be the only one up.

Hm, well, I skipped exercise yesterday due to DIMENSIONAL TRANSFERENCE SORCERY conjured by REALITY ITSELF to INTERRUPT MY MASTURBATION. Might as well go running.

I jumped out of bed, stopped treating my coat as a blanket and put it on, and headed out the door. A few stairs later, I was facing dawn and ready to jog!

Well, sort of facing dawn. It's winter, days don't last long. Dawn was deciding if it wanted to show or not.

Whatever. I was unfamiliar with the city itself, so I decided on the simple circuit or running down the street and back up for half an hour.

I warmed up, did my stretches and started my day.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 07, 2015, 11:21:05 PM »
Mordred

As expected of magi, they were casually able to bend laws of reality, at least in her world. Therefore, while summoning swarm of insects out of nothingness was indeed a startling feat, she was not completely surprised that Faust was able to pull it off. "Wow, surely farmers must hate your guts..." she commented, whistling in amazement.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 08, 2015, 02:24:22 AM »
Day 2

David

The living dream found himself in a small conundrum. He had spent the rest of the night sleeping on the bench which was fine but now two choices were before him as his back continued to ache. Exploring could be fun, especially since someone was kind enough to make it obvious that they were hiding in a basement, or he could go to that comfortable looking apartment and-

His thoughts of a comfortable stay were soon dashed by something bursting straight through the walls of the building and continuing to rampage around the area. With that in mind the Joyous had already opened up the doors and waltzed in while the Scholarly followed grumbling something about "devil children". David brought up the rear and gave his staff a small tap as the light in its center increased in intensity to illuminate most of the basement as he shut the doors.

He gave a good look around and called out to anyone. "Hello?"

PARIAH

There was an uncountable number of things that PARIAH was capable of, but consoling people was not one of them. He moved in front of his crying sister and sat down in front of her. The virus slowly inched over to her as his tendrils retracted and just wrapped his arms around her.

He said nothing because he didn't know what to say and he did nothing else because he didn't know what to do, but he could hold her. PARIAH was good at waiting and listening.

Ann

Death itself gave an exaggerated yawn to show how "tired" she was. She contemplated her next move for a few seconds before deciding. Then Ann grabbed the angel and lifted him in a bridal style carry. "So where's the hotel you're planning on going to, Little Angel?"

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 08, 2015, 04:18:30 AM »
EMIYA SHIROU

“Yes, Mia left a note saying she had gone out somewhere to play,” Shirou said, answering Rin’s question with a tight frown. “She’s obviously strong, but she’s still a little kid, and this city is dangerous.”

Saber stood next to him in the kitchen, brewing coffee. She was still in her bedclothes and her hair was still let down, although she had mostly smoothed it into place by now. It was odd to see her like this, he could only remember her hair being held up in a tight, regal bun. He blinked when she offered him some of the energizing liquid, and realized he had been staring. He opened his mouth to speak, but his tongue felt like lead and he didn’t know what to say. Saber was alive and talking to him.

“Yeah, I’ll have some, thanks,” he said to the former King of Knights, almost robotically. Fortunately she seemed preoccupied about something, so hopefully she wouldn’t notice.

Shirou spread everyone’s portion out onto separate plates, as was western custom, giving Mia’s portion to Saber. He placed the food and glasses on the table, then seated himself across from Rin. He looked over at his former Servant again, still trying to come to terms with her. He wracked his brain for something to say, to try to start a conversation.

“So, Charles…” the freelancer said before realizing that probably wasn’t the best opener.

AKIHOLARME

Aki awoke in a place she didn’t recognize. Not like it was in an inn, where one could at least expect the walls to be wood boards and a nightstand with a candle next to the bed. Here the roof and walls were opaque, and she wasn’t sleeping on a bed. Something warm was covering her. She tried to push it off, but it merely stretched and something tugged at her back in response.

Aki bolted upright, eyes wide and alert. She looked around, then down at herself, and realized she wasn’t bound or in any danger. That young girl, Rebeca, had let her and that redguard stay here for the night. With a resigned sigh she climbed out of the sack – a futon, Rebeca had called it – and stood up. She stretched with a groan and blinked twice to clear both her head and her vision.

The last dovahkiin looked at the covered form of her hostess on the bed while absently running her hands through her hair, doing her best to smooth it out. She was a strange girl, and perhaps a bit insistent, but she seemed nice enough. Aki looked around, trying to remember where she had placed her armor and rough tunic. The thought of putting the garments back on wasn’t particularly pleasant, but she didn’t have anything else to wear. She was going to have to find some more clothes soon.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 08, 2015, 04:23:48 AM »
Rebeca

Rebeca was stirred from her sleep as she felt fingers run though her hair, it was a nice feeling. “Ten more minuits Akiholarme, I can help you find new clothing later…” She mumbled while half asleep, accidentally mistaking Aki’s internal wondering for something she said.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:57:47 AM by Knick »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 08, 2015, 04:57:27 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

"...Yeah." Mathew responded after a moment.

He rose to his feet and followed Noel to where she keeps her sheets. Maybe some rest would do him good? However, the last time he fell asleep, a nightmare plagued him.

After the two of them pulling out some (pink) sheets and a pillow, they set up the futon. Mathew took off his boots once again and, without hesitation, laid down onto the makeshift bed, burying his face in the pillow.

Noel sat down next to him, and patted him on the back. “So, you alright? How long have you been up, several days? I think it’s important for you to sleep.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 08, 2015, 05:10:58 AM »
The birds chirped a delightful tune, a peaceful day that any could enjoy.

CRASH!

Only for the peaceful melody to be ended by the sound of a woman flying though a cinderblock wall, leaving a large, vaguely human shaped, hole.

“Ohhh, that’s smarts!” echoed a woman’s voice from the hole, her hands grasped at the edges of the opening and pulling herself out, “Ya got some bite to go with that bark, don’t ya buddy?” She spoke to her opponent, an incredibly large shit eating grin on her face.

Who just so happened to be a colossal, horrifying, snarling, black wolf. And who was charging right at her with the intent of crushing her under one of its massive paws.

But the woman was having none of that, she raised her hands into a loose stance and her entire body pulsed with golden light that collected at her fists.

“GOLDENNNN-” The wolf raised one of its paws, “MOUNTIANNNNN-“ She held one of her fist back, preparing her blow and the earth shook, “PUNCH!” And the punch flew, and the paw swung down.

Golden Fist and Black Paw struck, and the paw gave. The wolf was briefly sent into the air, flying back a small distance, crashing through an abandoned building.  The woman chased after it, jumping into the air intending to deliver a powerful strike on its skull.

But the wolf recovered, and its massive jaws clasped down on the woman in a flash. Surprised, there was nothing she could do.

A moment passed the wolf unmoving and seemingly struggling with something. But slowly the tightly closed jaws began to open, revealing the woman, desperately using herself as a jack to open the colossal maw.

“DON’T! YOU! DARE!” She growled out, sweat dripping from her face, “UNDERESTIMATE ME!” and with all her might the jaw was opened, and as quickly as she could she jumped out.

She landed, cartwheeling to gain distance, before she turned to face her opponent again. The eyes of the massive wolf and the woman met again, both ablaze with fury and strength. Then the woman yelled as her body dropped into a stance and glowed with bright golden light.

“BRING IT ON YOU PUPPY!!!”

And the wolf snarled as began to walk around its opponent. And like that the battle was on again.

10 minutes ago

“Ughhhh, five more minutes Lanya. The council can stuff it…” A woman mumbled in her sleep as a small stay dog sniffed her face. Then it began to lick her face, “Hehe, didn’t know you had it in ya…” She mumbled in response as her eyes flickered open.

“AHH” She jumped to her feet, prompting the dog to run away in surprise. She looked around, observing the odd forest in confusion. “What in the name of the First did I drink last night…” She said as she scratched her head, she was dressed in simple clothing, like something she normally wore when walking around human villages. But she had her circlet.

She began to walk, looking for any landmarks she could find. Eventually she came upon a large clearing, and in the center there was a large beast sleeping. It was like a large wolf, but it was more than that. It was like a demon but at the same time really different. That much she could tell. It was probably really strong.

And suddenly and idea popped into her head and she began to grin. She slowly walked up to the wolf, scooping up a wad of dirt as she got closer. And then, the moment she got close to it she jammed the ball of filth into the wolf’s nose.

The wolf’s eyes jumped open as it quickly rose to its feet. Desperately t began to blow air out of it nose, trying to remove the invasion onto one of its most sensitive parts. Meanwhile the woman  simply watched, a stupid grin on her face and a hand on her hip.

Eventually the wolf calmed down, and with its distress gone it turned to look at the invader, “You know, you looked really cute sleeping like that.” The woman said. The wolves eyes filled with rage and it began to growl at the one that disrupted its rest in such a horrid fashion.

“Ya, those are good eyes.” She said lowering herself to a stance as the wolf prepared to jump at her. “My name is Suiren, the 7th of the great demon council. And I’m gonna beat the shit out of ya.”

Back to the Present

Suiren ran forward, her fists glowing with bright golden light. The wolf smashed down with its paw, intent on making the woman before him a smudge on the ground.

Suiren grinned, and stopped the paw with two glowing palms. The earth below her gave way, shattering all around her, unable to take the transfer of might. But Suiren’s grin did not falter, even as the other front paw smacked her though a line of trees, landing a massive distance away, with her only barely being able to put up a guard in time.

“Ya, this is good.” She managed to let out as she slowly raised herself to her feet. It was obviously wearing on her; her body was trembling slightly from the exhaustion and strain of the combat. All the hits she has taken certainly have not helped. The wolf on the other hand was fairing far better. The difference in size was definitely putting the fight in its favor.  But despite all of that she was smiling, a pure smile filled with joy and excitement.

Suiren only really had one more option, and she knew it. Not like she had many options against a giant fucking wolf in the first place, like, how do you fight something like that. And so she spread her legs apart and adopted another stance, her left hand was held forward while her right was cocked into a fist behind. And then it began.

Golden light collected in her fist, far brighter, and far greater than the light that was produced before. The earth shook and the air howled. The most distinct thing was the light, it began to flicker, color shifted and distorted, bending around her fist.

The wolf noticed this and charged at her, intending on stopping it before she could complete it. But by the time the wolf closed the massive distance between them, the massive distance the wolf made by swatting her away, it was done.

And with that it secured its loss.

“Supreme!” She yelled as her opponent reached her. “World Breaking!” She continued as she was in front of the massive wolf head, “EMPRESS FIST!!!” And her fist shot out crashing against the wolf’ skull.

Then there was light. A bright torrent of golden light that filled the forest. Then came the shockwave, trees were dislodged, as a tidal wave of force emanated from the clash.

Then finally the wolf went flying, crashing into a small cliff face a ways away, unconscious.

“And that’s…” Suiren said, as she fell to her knees panting, “How you get shit done.” And with those words she fell onto her back, asleep.

Suiren awoke groggily, her wounds and exhaustion completely gone. With a groin she began to stand up and move herself to foe. By the time she got there it began to stir from its… let’s call it a forced nap.

“Got to admit, you put up a really good fight, we should do it again sometime.” Suiren said with a jovial tone. The wolf forced itself up and glared at the woman before it, growling.

“Hey, calm down. I know I was a bit of a dick, but you seemed really strong, it was too good a fight to pass up.” She continued trying to make the wolf calm down. It seemed to relax and instead was evaluating the woman in front of it.

Then it did something that confused Suiren, it howled. It was loud, echoing through the woods and could no doubt be heard in the city some ways away.

The howling stopped a moment later and then it did something that confused Suiren even more, it talked?

“Find me next time you are in the woods, we will have a glorious hunt”

It then ran off into the forest.

Suiren just stood there a bit dumbfounded, until she smiled crossed her arms while nodding to herself. “Man, Am I good or what?” She said to herself. “Even giant demon wolves love me.”

She then turned and looked at the spires she saw in the distance, obviously not natural, “I guess I should check that out. Hopefully I can find something to eat.” 

As if on cue her stomach let lose a massive growl.

“Shut up you” She muttered, putting her hand on the stomach, "Might want to wash up first though..." She said as she walked to the sound of running water, hoping clean herself off a bit. Then she would head into the city in the distance.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:47 AM »

Rider felt Sakura climb onto her back and take hold of her neck, and responded by grabbing hold of her legs and standing. As she did so, Sakura responded to Vanguard's question.

“Where shall we look for them, that’s a good question Vanguard”, she said, stopping to think for a moment, before continuing.

“Vanguard, I don’t have a clue where either of them might be, this city is too chaotic to make any real guesses. So I think it’s best to just search around as fast as we can", she continued, before briefly turning to look at an apartment complex behind her. "But we should probably stay away from those apartments, so let’s go search that way! What do you think, do either of you have any ideas?” she said.

Hmm, what is going on with those apartments? Is this related to the urgency? she thought.

"Sorry, Sakura, they could be anywhere, there's no particular place I can think they'd go, it depends where they arrived when they were brought here", she said.

Or, indeed, whether they are here at all....

Pegasus would make searching easier, but I'm not sure if Sakura could take the strain right now, she thought, reluctant to bring the topic up after Sakura had seemed so upset at her last time she had done so.

Ultimately, though, she thought it was worth raising it anyway. Sakura was obviously desperate to find them, and if she could speed up the process she was sure Sakura would be happy.

"Well...", she said, somewhat unconfidently, "if you're up to it, I could use Pegasus. Getting above the buildings will give me a longer range of vision, and my eyesight is good enough that I could see Rin and Shirou from that far up without too much difficulty. Although, I am not sure Vanguard could fit, and I do not wish to cause you prana drain like I did before", she added, hoping she could avoid upsetting Sakura once more.

Then, she started a private conversation with Sakura, to address the worries she had about what had brought on this sudden urgency.

Sakura, did something happen in those apartments? Is there something you need me or Vanguard to sort out, she said to Sakura, speaking through their mental link in case it was something she would rather not discuss openly.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 08, 2015, 05:34:46 AM »

The Dragoon only turned his face, looking at Noel from the corner of his left eye. "...Yeah, you're probably right. It's just been a shitty last couple of weeks." That was an understatement if there ever was one, "I'm just...I'm just trying to figure out why I'm the only one to make it, you know? Why did that Borer Beetle get stuck in my armor, but Jennings didn't stand a chance? Why did the Haruspex snatch up Woosnam? Why am I the only one to limp out of the Valkyrie? I just...I dunno."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 08, 2015, 05:39:40 AM »
Faust chuckled. "Yes, I suppose I am. Now, where were we?" He asked Mordred, awaiting his minions to inform him of a match.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 08, 2015, 06:00:21 AM »
The Dragoon only turned his face, looking at Noel from the corner of his left eye. "...Yeah, you're probably right. It's just been a shitty last couple of weeks." That was an understatement if there ever was one, "I'm just...I'm just trying to figure out why I'm the only one to make it, you know? Why did that Borer Beetle get stuck in my armor, but Jennings didn't stand a chance? Why did the Haruspex snatch up Woosnam? Why am I the only one to limp out of the Valkyrie? I just...I dunno."

Noel frowned. "I'm sorry, I wish I had an answer." She began. "But, I'm not sure an answer would help too much, you know? You'd still be worrying just as much and feel just as bad about it if you did know as you do now. I'm no stranger to the battlefield myself, it's a dangerous, chaotic, scary place. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that you're here now, and your body needs sleep. You can worry about that after you deal with your physical needs, ok?"

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 08, 2015, 07:03:54 AM »

Noel was in a military? Yes, she was carrying around those fairly large guns, but she couldn't be more than a few inches over five feet tall.

Anyways, what she was saying was true: Sleep is as important as food and spare batteries for a Guardsman, a fact drilled into him by his trainers. He is here, in the Nexus, not on Valanis Secondus, or any other planet in the subsector. Mathew figured that he is just going to have to power through any nightmare.

And so, Mathew forced himself to nod off. It was a trick that a lot of Guardsmen learned, to actively force themselves to sleep when the battle lulled, a sleep that was both hard enough to rest the body, yet light enough to awaken at the lightest, threatening noise. Needless to say, the Dragoon was asleep withing moments.

It was a fitful sleep, however.

"Arriving at Deployment Zone in five mikes."
"You alright Blackburn? Did anything punch through?"
"Where are the fuckin' Catachans?"
"Valanis Gate cannot fall!"
"Shoot the big ones!"
"Don't worry boys, the calvary has arrived! The Cadian 134th Armored says hello, you shit-eating buggers!"
"Men of Harlech stand ye steady~"
"Tyranid Splinter Fleet has been chased away for now. Orbital Bombardment is sanctioned for the following coordinates..."
"Wait! Don't leave!"
"The Emperor protects."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:21:58 AM by MissingMandible »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:39 AM »
[...]

Rattus

Despite his best attempts at motivating himself to finally drive and meet his clients, the German businessman only ended up making one of his classic mistakes: He drank so much absinthe from his metal flask, that it had rendered him too intoxicated to actually drive his car safely. He has always made it a habit to drink from his flask at all times whenever he was experiencing emotional distress. And, because of this habit, he has also adopted the appropriate mindset of driving safely and keeping his resolve at all times, which prevented him from being caught for driving under the influence ever since he first learned to effectively operate an automotive. But this time, such would be impossible, as it would become obvious that he is driving drunk from the way he handles the car.

Other than that, Rattus also felt the other effect of being intoxicated. Despite alcohol being something akin to an emotional crutch for him, it also has the side-effect of making him agitated and paranoid. It also ironically resurfaces any unpleasant memory or mood he was trying to suppress with the use of it whenever he drinks a little bit too much. As such, Rattus becomes a neurotic and paranoid shadow of his usual cold and calculated self.

And he just became drunk that time.

Because of this, Rattus stayed on the car for two hours straight, as the morning got brighter in the park where he was staying at. The arms dealer was breathing heavily and sweating bullets as he was looking at his surroundings and trying to not to lose consciousness. He fears that somebody might have seen his deal with the two men a couple hours ago, so he was hyper-vigilant, keeping his watch on just about anything until he stops feeling drunk and could operate the car without posing a hazard in the road.

Suddenly, he saw a man jogging down the sidewalk in the greenery. He immediately turned and immensely focused on the person, thinking that he might be the guy who have seen his earlier dealings, despite it taking place two hours ago. He was afraid that this jogger might be questioned by the police and become a witness against him.

And when this jogger was within earshot, Rattus signaled and commanded, "Come here! Come here!"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 08, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard turned to Rider in surprise, his voice showing genuine shock.
"You... have a pegasus?", he asked before pouting, turning his back on Sakura and her servant in dissappointment.

As the knight looked down, he muttered in a surprisingly depressed tone. "I always wanted to ride a pegasus..."

Thus, the great metal warrior brooded.
After all was said and done, the knight looked at Sakura. Sighing, Vanguard regained his composure.

"Yes, it would be most advantageous to scout from above, finding those you seek will be much easier so."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:43:18 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 08, 2015, 03:03:02 PM »
"Well...", she said, somewhat unconfidently, "if you're up to it, I could use Pegasus. Getting above the buildings will give me a longer range of vision, and my eyesight is good enough that I could see Rin and Shirou from that far up without too much difficulty. Although, I am not sure Vanguard could fit, and I do not wish to cause you prana drain like I did before", she added, hoping she could avoid upsetting Sakura once more.

Then, she started a private conversation with Sakura, to address the worries she had about what had brought on this sudden urgency.

Sakura, did something happen in those apartments? Is there something you need me or Vanguard to sort out, she said to Sakura, speaking through their mental link in case it was something she would rather not discuss openly.

Sakura thought for a bit about Pegasus. I think I can handle it, and I'd like to find them fast, but I don't want to draw attention to ourselves, that man will try to take her away from me if he finds it, he will try to ruin my life further. So I need to be careful.

Sakura shook her head, and responded to Rider mentally. "No, I don't think it's a good idea. I went to talk to the man who attacked us last night to try and figure out why he would do such a thing. It turns out he was just like everyone else in the world after all, he was trying to ruin my life even further. He's extremely powerful; I don't think we could beat him right now. So we need to not summon a glowing flying horse that screams 'here we are' to this madman." It was a good idea, but not for this situation.