Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474521 times)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1425 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:22 AM »
Suiren

Suiren ignored the purple one as she darted around her and quickly dropped back into a normal stace, Suiren had her weapon and wanted to see what else she could do. And then the armed man reached her and with a single movement tossed his cape at her. Suiren had to admit, it was clever.

But it was already really easy do deal with. As the cape moved through the air Suiren  lowered her body and dashed underneath. And then, she was before the armor man, who was preparing an attack.

And so he left an opening, “RISING MOUNTAIN!" Her crouching body spun, one leg firmly stuck on the ground while the other shot up, striking the armored figure dead on, sending him into the air.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:01:35 AM by Knick »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 10, 2015, 02:37:05 AM »
Tsk, clever girl

Vanguard didn't have time to move away as his opponent quickly slipped trough, before landing a powerful punch kick in the colossus's chest.
Such a powerful blow couldn't be blocked or evaded, while the warrior could not feel the pain, he was able to sense his chest cracking as metal shards burst from the impact.

A force not unlike a god's gale carried him to the heavens, his very being was being shot towards the sky, but he had time to do something, anything. His arm, his arm...

...Grabbed onto the girl's leg as tightly as the knight could hold on to. Dragging the girl alongside him, both spun around in the air like rag dolls, launched at incredible speeds as they flew into the skies like a rocket.

"You are truly strong, this is the first time in an eternity since I have truly felt alive. Thank you.", Vanguard spoke to the opponent, sincere gratitude even as they both burst trough the air.

"But I ask you, can you truly withstand the heavens?"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:44:36 AM by francobull3 »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:32 AM »
Elyssa:

The firing range on the second floor was...adequate. Though there wasn't variable distances, or moving targets, it got the job done.

That, and it was between the Bloodsucker's room two stories below and Adjutor's above.

The target at the end of the range was peppered with energized mana. Elyssa didn't trust Forest. Vampires were not to be trusted, for they were a powerful threat both on and off the battlefield: The combat prowess unmatched while their Blood Magic influenced the minds of the court. Honestly, the sooner they were from the clanswoman's crypt, the better.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 10, 2015, 03:02:11 AM »
Suiren

"You are truly strong, this is the first time in an eternity since I have truly felt alive. Thank you.", the armor man spoke, but the next line made Suiren break out into a laugh.

"But I ask you, can you truly withstand the heavens?" She barked out a laugh and gave her opponent a massive toothy grin.

“I don’t know, can you?” The air felt heavy, and suddenly a wave of pale golden light came from the sky and collected at her form, and again. “GOLDEN!” They reached the top of their arc, “HEAVEN!” they began to fall “STRIKE!” And her open palms fell upon the man, making sure to force would not be focused by spread throughout his form.  She really didn’t want to kill him after all, but some damage was fine.

The blow was massive, the air shook and a slight shock-wave was released. The living armor’s grip was dislodged and she was shot down to the earth at a slight angle, like a falling meteor.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 10, 2015, 03:15:14 AM »
David

The true dream looked around at the poor conditions of the basement. The darkness, dampness, and rampant dust made it a poor place to stay in for most humans. Definitely safer than staying out in the streets at night but in the day it wasn't the best place to be.

"It does seem like an adequate enough place to stay safe from the night but the day has already come." His face softened a bit. "You don't have to stay here. People deserve better than this."

It would be incorrect to call him a kind man. David had left too many people to the Joyous' ministrations to ever call himself a good person, but sometimes all people needed was a chance. And sometimes a chance is one too many. He would cross that bridge if it came up, but for now he just offered a hand.

Ann

Ann took a moment to contemplate the angel's statement before throwing Sarse over her left shoulder like a sack of potatoes and began to walk towards the closest hotel. "We can pick up your bike in the morning, Little Angel."

Then she turned towards the magus. "I already told you that if you wanted to follow I won't stop you. Just don't play with what's mine." With that said she resumed her leisurely stroll with her package.

PARIAH

The virus looked incredibly indecisive about whether or not he should leave. He shouldn't leave family alone. Sister was strong and Uncle was stronger so leaving him was fine, but Sister was soft. He wrapped his arms around her again and squeezed gently a few times to reaffirm this fact.

Yes, she was still soft. He needed to keep her safe. It was different from how he had felt with Uncle. Sister was powerful but fragile. So very delicate that if PARIAH tightened his hold and squeezed he could shatter bone and-

Yes. Very fragile.

PARIAH looked up at the taller girl and his hair and eyes shifted in hues to match her own and giggled. "I'll stay with you."

He wondered if this was love. Then he decided it didn't matter what it was. It existed, and that was the only thing that mattered.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:54:41 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 10, 2015, 03:40:30 AM »
Vanguard

If he had any mouth to do so, Vanguard would have grinned as well at his opponent's response. He was truly enjoying himself, even as Empress used a blow of all her might, he responded with glee.

He had just enough time, an instant was all it took and the metal warrior manifested a barrier of sorts, his hands held towards the direction the blow was to land as intricate signs and inscriptions were carved in the elaborate shield of light, Vanguard's mightiest defence.

Meeting the almighty punch with all it's monstrous force, a mighty shield crated by the hero's very essence illuminated the sky like a second sun as it met the punch.

The barrier barely held on, the blast shook even the skies and tore at the clouds, but even so it managed to protect him just enough for his body to hold on in one piece.

That is to say, aside the multiple cracks that formed on his body with the sheer impact. Gusts of wind shattered windows and blew cars away as the knight was launched to the ground like a comet, just to crash onto the earth with such force, all that stood in the landing's spot's proximity crumbled down.

Luckily, none were nearby, not a single soul was harmed by the exchange in the skies. A gigantic crater was where Vanguard now stood, his metal body dug into the ground, it took him about a second to rise back up and look at the outcome of the clash.

For the first time since millenia ago, Vanguard laughed in the face of battle, in the face of destruction. A heartily laugh echoed as the warrior clapped his hands in joy, as if applauding his opponent.

Yes, even with the countless cracks on his body, he still stood as proudly as ever, his figure almost a dignifying paragon of existence itself.

"Magnificent, truly magnificent.", he roared happily, his shattered hands still holding form even after what his body had gone trough. "You are truly the strongest opponent I have ever fought, I can tell, your might can even surpass the warrior god Yole's!"

Vanguard couldn't help but look up at his opponent in admiration. Looking at his hands, he realized the damage they took was more severe than he thought. Even so, he kept on laughing in glee.

But then he took a more somber tone, in respect, he bowed before the champion that stood before him, almost in shame.
"I am sorry, Empress, I have sullied this bout. I have underestimated your might far too much, It grieves me to say so but I have not given my all, and disrespected the warrior you are by doing so."

Holding his hand towards her, he resumed.

"Look at this hand. While still uncrippled and unbridled by your blow, it has now suffered far too much damage for me to withstand another of your powerful attacks. I ask you, would you find in your heart of hearts the grace to let me call forth my master and ask her to heal my wounds?. We may resume afterwards, this time I will not disappoint your might."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:43:53 AM by francobull3 »

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:34 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

"HARUSPEX!" a cry came from the left flank.

Blackburn and Woosnam quickly turned to face the new threat, a monstrous creature that was devouring every guardsman in sight. The walking stomach ensnared the unfortunate souls with writhing tentacles, dragging them to its enormous maw all the while shrugging off lasgun rounds.

"Valanis Gate cannot fall!"

Blackburn's Volleygun roared to life while Woosnam began firing his Hellgun. While they were piercing the beast's hide, the biomorph wasn't slowing, swallowing four more guardsman before it was upon them. Suddenly, a tentacle with three claws shot out of the Haruspex' mouth, pulling in the screaming Woosnam before Blackburn could react. And then another tentacle wrapped around Mathew's waist...

Mathew's eyes snapped open, and with a groan he rolled to the side of the futon. These nightmares were so vivid that he's already looking forward to sleeping tonight...

He looked up at the clock on the wall, the one with a cat with admittedly creepy green eyes, and saw that four Terran hours have passed since he took his nap. Rubbing his eyes, he yawned then forced himself to a sitting position on the edge of the makeshift bed.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 10, 2015, 04:07:31 AM »
Noel

Noel was sitting at the table lovingly cleaning her two most valuable possessions. She carefully cleaned every nook and cranny of her guns with a cloth, taking a good deal of time to make sure everything was perfect. She had a serene look on her face, as if the act of cleaning Bolverk calmed her.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 10, 2015, 04:22:03 AM »
Adjutor, for whatever reason, finds himself drawn to the floor below him. Maybe it's the sporadic bursts of mana, almost like gunfire, that flashed intermittently out of the corner of his eye.

The sight he finds down there is...strange, to say the least. The Robo-Golem is blasting away at a stationary target with those casting conduits from earlier.

"...I'm not sure if you can feel boredom," Adjutor says, "But doesn't it get boring to shoot at a stationary target?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 10, 2015, 05:24:01 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Mathew looked back up, and saw Noel cleaning her stubguns on the table where he was cleaning his armor earlier. Speaking of which...

He sat down next to her, grabbing one of his ankle-breaker, a rag, and his cleansing oil. While wiping it down, Blackburn turned to look at the small woman's weaponry (That is the only reason!), and...wait, were those just pistols? They would be too oversized for an Astartes to wield as a side-arm!

"So, uh, Miss, those are two interesting stubpistols you have there." The Dragoon began.

Elyssa

The Warmonger turned to face Adjutor, lowering her arm to a more casual stance as she did so.

"This range is adequate, if lacking. Though, normally, I'd just power down unless I have something more...mentally stimulating ." Like when the footsloggers start up a movie in the barracks, ELyssa didn't add, "But like Hell am I going to power down in a Crypt."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 10, 2015, 05:36:56 AM »
Hmm...perhaps...Well, she is built for fighting...

"If you're looking for something mentally stimulating, perhaps a quick spar would help?" Adjutor offers.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:38:28 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 10, 2015, 01:18:16 PM »
Than'Sanel
Ann took a moment to contemplate the angel's statement before throwing Sarse over her left shoulder like a sack of potatoes and began to walk towards the closest hotel. "We can pick up your bike in the morning, Little Angel."

Then she turned towards the magus. "I already told you that if you wanted to follow I won't stop you. Just don't play with what's mine." With that said she resumed her leisurely stroll with her package.
The half-elf shrugged at her comment and followed after the pair. He wasn't about to do something as foolish as bring down Ann's wrath upon himself, having seen her Black power at work. He wasn't looking for enemies anyway - he was much more interested in allies and, at the moment, resting. He decided give voice to some of his thoughts.

"You don't have to worry about that at all, Ann. I just appreciate the company."
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 10, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »
Saber

Saber added cream, real heavy cream and sugar to her Starbuck's Blond Veranda blend coffee.  She prepared the device to make a second cup for Shirou, before looking at Rin.  "I know you prefer tea, but this does have more caffeine in it.  Would you like a cup as well?"

Sweetened warmth hit Saber's tongue and she felt her toes curl in her slippers.  She felt Shirou's eyes watching her as she went about the kitchen and absently tucked a lock of her long, blond hair behind her ear.  Heat filled her cheeks at his glance as she moved to the table. 

It is just like . . . Just like how Archer watched me after saving me from Gilgamesh, the former king thought.  She had to borrow some of the former Servant's clothing and she had not bothered putting her hair back up.  This was before she knew that he was once her Master in another time line, but he had watched her with the same confused wonder that Shirou was watching her now with.  Later Saber had inquired about that, after Rider had taken him for herself and she had discovered his true identity.  Archer stammered for a moment, a rarity for the normally acrid man, and said something about how natural and relaxed she looked and he couldn't help himself.  Then he had made an excuse, said something sarcastic, and left her with that bit of knowledge.

“So, Charles…”

Saber smiled and said, "Forest discovered I enjoyed stuffed animals.  However, she did not bring me a lion, which I adore.  She brought me a dragon and said it was more apt and that I needed to give it a proper name.  I would be pleased to show you the rest of my collection later."

Forest

Suds in her hair, hot water streaming down her cold, undead body, Forest found herself singing along with the familiar chorus.

"No you can't take it
No you can't take it
No you can't take that away from me
No you can't take it
No you can't take it
No you can't take that away from me . . . "

Before she could go into the "head like a hole" part, Adjutor's mental voice managed to break through Trent Reznor's glorious tones.

Forest rinsed her hair under the spray and sent back, I've got a bloody gallon of the stuff in my laundry room.  Its on the first floor, the last room at the end of the hallway on the left.  Above the washer and dryer there's a cabinet for all the washing sundries.  Peroxide is in a large brown bottle and its clearly marked.  Pre-treat your clothing and if you're going to use the washer, for the love of the Lord and Lady read the directions.  That thing's an Asko and you don't need much detergent.

She started to sing again, "Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve."

Abigail

The redheaded Changling was sweeping through Nexus on her broomstick.  Cold wind was whipping her hair back from her face and slapping her cheeks.   She was glad she had put a bit of ointment on her face to protect from the chill and windburn before mounting her broom.

Her destination was Nexus City's police department; apparently they needed her assistance to help track down a horrid, child eating monster in the sewers.   While being waste up in shit wasn't her idea of a good time, the pay was fantastic, and it was her chance to work with the mythical Saber.  So she'd gotten up early to make a batch of cheese strudel and cranberry-orange muffins because she heard of the tiny girl with the glowing sword's voracious apatite. 

Abigail saw the familiar building and landed, swinging her legs out in front of her to slow her momentum down.  Once firmly on terra-firma again, she deactivated the broom and trotted up the steps and into the station.  She headed back to the detective's station and heard Riggs shout out, "Morning, Abby-girl!"

"I've got muffins, Roger," she called back.

His reply was, "You're going to make some guy really fucking lucky one day, Abby-girl."

She laughed at that and waved, frowning at the sight of the guy with no pants sitting on the bench looking crabby.
"Hey, uh, Abby? Mind donating a muffin?" Lawrence, put bluntly, looked like shit. He'd been unable to get his car out of impound - he'd apparently parked in a fire zone and gotten towed - and had needed to sleep in the police station's lobby on a too small couch in the loaned oversized sweatshirt and some asshole's gym shorts. No fucking pants - the sweatpant's he'd liberated from said asshole were reclaimed swiftly. It didn't help he was nursing a slight hangover from the rum he'd downed last night. "I haven't had anything to eat since yesterday morning."

He scratched under his chin, dully feeling the aggressively grown stubble against his fingers. Shit, he probably could use a shave too. This was shaping up to be a bad day.

Trying to mooch off of a cute redhead with a pity story. Looooow.

Fuck off. At least she won't try and molest me hopefully.

I'm hoping she does. You'd enjoy it more.

Fuck. You.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:58:14 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 10, 2015, 11:50:55 PM »
David

The true dream looked around at the poor conditions of the basement. The darkness, dampness, and rampant dust made it a poor place to stay in for most humans. Definitely safer than staying out in the streets at night but in the day it wasn't the best place to be.

"It does seem like an adequate enough place to stay safe from the night but the day has already come." His face softened a bit. "You don't have to stay here. People deserve better than this."

It would be incorrect to call him a kind man. David had left too many people to the Joyous' ministrations to ever call himself a good person, but sometimes all people needed was a chance. And sometimes a chance is one too many. He would cross that bridge if it came up, but for now he just offered a hand.

Deborah

Huh, I guess I'm too good at faking it... she thought. It was clear this man had no clue about whom she was and why leaving this place would not be best idea for her.

"Thanks for you concern, but  I'll pass. I have my reasons why I don't want to leave this place for now, sorry." Deborah refused his offer. He seemed to be one of those few mortals who cared about strangers, so she tried to be polite about that, hoping he won't inquire further about why she cannot leave her 'shelter'.

“So, you think that the vampires have some sort of conspiracy going to convert Saber into one of their own? I have to admit, that would probably be a fearsome vampire, but I doubt it’s actually the case.”

Mordred

"It is just a wild guess of mine, but if that vampire could do that I doubt it would pass such a chance as you said that people like you and Saber are famous people from the past. The vampire could brag before others of their kind what sort of person it brought into fold. If that vampire cannot do that, there must be other shady reason for hanging out with Saber."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:59:19 PM by Kat »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:53 AM »

Faust

Faust looked inquisitively at Mordred. She seems quite fixated on this theory of hers.

“If I’m right and she is a servant; I’m fairly positive it’s impossible, I don’t think servants can be affected by vampirism unless they happened to be vampires in their original life. And would a vampire brag to others of their kind? I’m afraid I don’t know much about vampire society. I’m sure she has a reason for hanging around Saber, but I have no idea what it could possibly be.”

Noel

Noel looked up at Mathew with a start, almost dropping her cleaning cloth. “Oh, you’re awake! You startled me! I thought you were still sleeping!” Noel stammered. After she took a moment to collect herself, she continued. “Um, by stubpistol, you must mean Bolverk. But, what exactly is a stubpistol? I can’t say I’m familiar with the term.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end