Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474083 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1470 on: February 14, 2015, 02:29:53 AM »
Sepulchure

Dangerous... this is bad, this guy means no good.

"Me, a hero? My my, I couldn't tell you were such a flatterer." Richard humoured with a smile, walking towards the armoured man calmly, but with utmost care.

"Sorry, you must've gotten the wrong chap. I very much doubt I could be called a hero or justiceer or whatever you fancy calling the good folk."

Of course, he knew very well what he was getting into, whatever the armoured man was, he wasn't living. But it was strange, it was a bright sunny day, any vampire would simply melt off under direct sunlight. All his instincts told him to make a run for it, to leave. And yet...

Like a moth near a flame uh?

"Ahem, I am Richard Maxwell, lovely gentleman and all around pain in the arse at your service. If possible, I'd like to not be harmed, I am afraid it'd be quite painful you see?"

“HAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU CLAIM TO FEAR PAIN, YET YOU WILLINGLY WALK TO YOUR OWN DEATH!” Sepulchure’s blade suddenly yelled.

Sepulchure began walking away. “If you value your pitiful life at all, leave. I won’t warn you a third time. Being a 'pain in my arse' is not something you want to strive for.”

Faust

“I’ve already told them to tell me if they see her, so what should we do while we wait?” Faust asked Mordred, unsure of what to do. “Should we find a place to sit down?”
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:39:11 AM by Sakura »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 14, 2015, 02:51:15 AM »
“I’ve already told them to tell me if they see her, so what should we do while we wait?” Faust asked Mordred, unsure of what to do. “Should we find a place to sit down?”

Mordred

"Yeah, we have been walking since we met today, it won't hurt to have some rest"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 14, 2015, 02:58:49 AM »
Did that sword just...talk?

Richard didn't even flinch in response to the armoured man's threat, he could very well tell it was not empty, but to leave now could put others in danger. And besides... something kept him from doing that.

"Eh, but what about the poor men over there?", Richard said nonchalantly with a smile, pointing at the pile of corpses behind him.

"Did they pain your arse or something? Had a little boo boo and decided to throw a hissy fit?"

Scratching his head, he pointed to the stranger's blade, a sickening sword that oozed with pitch black pestilence and death, a red tint redder than a gushing river of blood.

"Besides, what is this talk about death and all, I haven't done anything to you. Are your pants too tight, or maybe you must've dirtied them before and are trying to make up for it."

Waving his hand, he sighed with a bored tone, as if unimpressed with himself.

"Well, that doesn't matter buddy. Thing is, I rather not walk into my own death, to do so could be a grave mistake...", he joked with the same serpentine smile, trying to remove the tension.

Suddenly, his smile fell, his attitude changed completely, as if he was a different man.
"But you killed these chaps, why?"

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 03:00:48 AM by francobull3 »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:00 AM »
Rebeca

Rebeca bit her lips and brought her knees to her chest, “I...I would really prefer to not talk about it. Please.” She quietly pleaded.

Suiren

Suiren’s feet touched the ground, and she began to slowly walk over to the crater her opponent made. There was not the radiant smile she thought she might, but rather a slight frown with massive disappointment. Not with the armored man mind you, he was actually decent. Not enough to make her go all out but still decent. 

No her disappointment was with the other, that purple haired thing. She had the perfect chance to attack when she was falling. But didn’t. Even after her ally was pushed into a corner she did nothing. She was definitely not taking this fight seriously.

Well, to be fair neither was Suiren. But that was more because she didn’t want to kill them or end the fight instantly.

She listened to the armored man’s words before sighing, and then she threw the chain weapon to the side, releasing her hold on it completely. “I am wondering if I should even bother. Thought you both would be able to give a challenge, but that purple thing has probably the worth combat sense I have seen.” She said with a sour town.

Then she sighed, “Fine, fix yourself up. But know this, I am not going to hold back during round two.” She said before she began to wait, crossing her arms.

Mia

Mia quickly wiggled out of the boy’s hug at his declaration. She then gave him a smile, “Follow me then! Lets go find someone to play with.” She said as she began to jump away.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 14, 2015, 03:16:35 AM »
Sepulchure didn’t say a word in response to the maggot’s taunts, instead turning around and running at the man with speeds far exceeding that which a normal human could dream of and attempted to kick the fool into a nearby wall.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:40 AM »
Sakura

Sakura watched as the mysterious woman thoroughly trounced her two servants. How is she so strong! Sakura wondered to herself. She shook her head and began to cry. “Why is the world so cruel. Why can’t I have one good thing happen to me!” She sobbed to herself.

Sakura, Vanguard is hurt, he seems to expect you to heal him somehow, so he can let this idiot beat him up a bit more..., she said, clearly unimpressed with their blood-knight attitude.

I don't think this woman intends to kill any of us, but be careful if you come near. She's very strong, she added.

“I don’t have any spare mana Rider, it all goes to maintaining you and Caster and letting you two fight. I can’t repair him.” Sakura responded to Rider’s request. ”Rider, I want you grab Vanguard and try to escape! She’s trying to keep me away from Shirou, I can’t let that happen! Nothing good can come from it! I’ll meet up with you after this is resolved!”

Sakura turned and ran into an alley, ”Caster,have you found Shirou yet?!? Something bad is going to happen, come meet up with me if they haven’t!”
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:38:58 AM by Sakura »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:51 AM »
David

The man gave off a small hum at Debora's words. "I do suppose it would be rude to pry, but considering I have nothing to do I think i'll just make myself comfortable until you're willing to tell me."

Perhaps if there had been something more interesting outside other than whatever had been tearing through buildings like tissue paper he would have left. Unfortunately for his hostess he really didn't want to go back out and he was a little curious about her. Generally people liked being in places other than dark, stuffy basements. He could always assume she was one of the many types of vampires but that would be foolhardy at best. This city was the worst place to mke assumptions.

With that line of thought concluded he pulled over a few dusty crates and the three dreams sat facing Deborah. The Joyous had simply decided to lean against David again while the Scholarly sat upright with the readiness to act the moment the woman became a threat. And with these two so close David felt no worry as he awaited any answer.

Ann

As her warm pillow stared at her Ann blinked her grey eyes a few times before her arms emerged from the confines of the angels shirt. One hand covered his eyes while the other pushed his head back down. Then her head moved up and nuzzled against his neck.

A small smirk appeared on her face as she whispered, "Good morning, Little Angel."

Death made a pensive sound as she rested on the angel. "I wonder if this would be more interesting if you were a woman as well." The hand pushing him down left its position, and Ann's finger began to trace the angel's features.

"You could be very beautiful one." In response to this Ann began the delicate shaping of her vessel into something akin to a female version of the Angel of Choice. Her grey eyes shifted into a gentle blue, skin changed to a more tanned tone, her hair changed from her natural black to a luxurious brown that matched Sarse's own hair perfectly, and shifted the length of the delicate locks so that they were shorter than Ann's previous form but longer than Sarse's own haircut.

She was undoubtedly beautiful but the fact that she looked so much like the angel made their positions seem rather disconcerting. As her hands pulled his head back up and uncovered his eyes Ann looked back up at the angel which seemed infinitely more sincere on the softer features of this feminine reflection of the angel.

"Is this appealing to you, Little Angel?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 14, 2015, 03:36:43 AM »
Vanguard

The proud warrior of metal nodded, his arms crossed, he gave a short laugh in response to the woman's words.
"Hah, so you were holding back too. Nevertheless, thank you. A good opponent is hard to find.", said Vanguard.

"I do not know if I will be able to scratch your itch thoroughly, I am afraid your strength far exceeds my own. Even so, I will give what I can give. But be sure of one thing..."

Holding his hand towards his opponent, the warrior stood as proud and fearless as ever, his cracked armour shining brighter than any star, he spoke.

"You will draw blood by my hand."

With that said, Vanguard turned, looking around in order to assess his location. With a glance, he found Rider, hiding from the fight most likely to scout and ensure his master's well being. Facing her, he spoke up in a thunderous voice.

"Rider, what would our master say? Do you know if she is capable of recovering this body to it's original state at once?"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:50:02 PM by francobull3 »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 14, 2015, 03:40:49 AM »
Abigail

The redhead nodded and said, "Oh Lord and Lady, the corpses we find of werewolf victims . . ."  She shuddered at the memory of one she had to use to scry with.  The poor girl had been so violated that Abigail couldn't put into words what had happen.  Sure, she could clinically list all the injuries to Law, but that wasn't the sort of trauma she wanted to bring up with a guy wearing ill-fitting sweat clothes and needed to be taken home.

She shook her head and said, "Nope, not going there.  But yeah, I can whip up a potion really quick to help keep your body temperature up while we're riding so parts don't freeze off.  Because that would be bad."

Abby searched through her giant messenger bag that doubled as her magical kit and purse and found the herbs she needed.  Getting some hot water from the coffee pot, she steeped the herbs and murmured an incantation over it.  Steam that smelled like cinnamon wafted from the Styrofoam cup she handed to Law and said, "Here."

"Yes. It would be bad. I have quite an attachment to all of my parts." Lawrence said. God, he sounded like an idiot. To prevent himself from putting his foot in his mouth again, he quickly grabbed the proffered up, the scent of cinnamon filling his nostrils before he downed it all in one gulp. This turned out to be a rather bad move. His eyes watered a little bit as it burned down his throat like a hotsauce, a sputtering noise escaping him as he gasped for air soon after. "So-so can we go then?"

You sound pathetic.

I know. Jesus.

Hopefully you come off less as an idiot and more as a stumbling puppy.

Forest

"Apparently that other you also opened up a repair shop to make a living," Forest said with a shrug, "Now since you're not a Real Boy, we're going to need to find you a supply of magical energy right?"

"Yeah. I have enough in the tank to keep me going for at least another day or so, but beyond that..." Archer shuffled some blueberry syrup out of a cabinet, lathering the pancakes with it as he shifted them onto the plate. "I'll find someone sooner or later. It shouldn't be that much of an issue."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 14, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
Gintoki

It's talking... Gintoki's shivering only intensified as he was completely creeped out by the fact that the armor was not only possessed, but it also talked. O-onmyouji-sama, it's not time for chivalry! Just exorcise it, I already pissed myself from hearing this creepy Stand talking! A yellowish liquid already soiled the place between his legs. Wait, Stands can be taken out if their users are knocked out! he realized what was obvious thing to do It's not only a matter of protecting a lady from a perverted molester, I can finish the fight if I find an opening to knock out that deviant woman.

Deborah

Now that the man did not just leave her to her own devices and planned to stay there, staring at her, Deb had no choice  but to think of some explanation other than revealing she is a vampire. Familiars or not, their presence was unnerving too. He could have been a magus, then maybe lying to him she is a one too would be a good excuse?

"Actually, I'm staying here because I'm training my skills as a magus. My brand of magic is easily disrupted by sunlight, so during daytime I have to find appropriate places for practising it. Don't ask me why I'm in a basement like that, it's just a whim of mine." she procured an answer. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:59:35 PM by Kat »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 14, 2015, 02:30:10 PM »
"Gah!", Richard yelped in pain as he felt the rushing wind gushing at him like a torrent. The man could see but a blur, he had not even the time to flinch as he felt a violent impact crushing his chest, sending him flying backwards like a cannonball.

Such a blow would have punched a hole in a normal man with ease, but thankfully, Richard had just enough reflex to do something. The moment he saw the blur, he made his gourd explode, water bursting violently and covering his chest in an attempt to shield him somewhat. Not that it prevented anything, but the protection coupled with the dissimulated kevlar shirt could protect him to an extent.

Being flung backwards at incredible speeds, Richard hacked blood. No good, my ri-

Of course, he had no time to finish his thought. Instinctly, he used his energy to melt the surrounding snow, just enough to create a wall of water just thick enough to cushion the impact, his back violently slamming the wall, but barely withstanding the impact.

With that said and done, Richard coughed blood once again, his vision burry and breathing hazy.
Bollocks, this bloody trouble is going all to pot...

"Nice one mate, I felt that. But I'm not in a mood to fight, so would you kindly be proper and answer my question?", he grunted, still pained by the prior attack.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 14, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »
Awaiting the call for the officer who was to be assigned to him, Adjutor is suddenly made aware of a very pressing concern. The last meal he had was ramen noodles. Yesterday morning.

Let's see...probably not going to be able to mooch some food off anyone here. No money. Going into this half-cocked sounds like a very stupid idea...

...We probably should've thought this through.

Well, we should have enough time if we hurry.

Are you seriously about to go all the way back just to get breakfast?

Do you have any alternatives?

Ehh...nothing particularly appealing.

Glaring at his stomach for a moment in an attempt to quell the growling, Adjutor looks at a nearby clock, then looks around for a moment before finding a nearby restroom. Making his way inside, he quickly checks if anyone might be watching before Reinforcing himself and slipping into the nearest shadow. The journey back to the Compound takes a few minutes, but Adjutor finds a familiar shadow soon enough, leaping out of it to find himself rocketing out from underneath the table he fixed last night, at an angle that sends him sliding across the floor.

It takes a few seconds for Adjutor to come to a stop, thudding against the nearest wall in a daze.

Okay, let us vow, here and now, to never do that again.

We probably will.

The saddening part is that you're probably right about that.

Then a familiar smell makes itself known as Adjutor pushes himself up to a sitting position.

"...Pancakes?"

Looking back at the table, he spots his hostess, sitting at the table with some pancakes on a plate in front of her, with the Spirit from last night seemingly being the one who'd served her.

...Heh. Probably should've expected that Servants could be actual...well...servants.

...I honestly don't know how to respond to that.

It could be said that Fate was a bitch, Destiny was a whore, and Karma was just doing her job, but Michael found himself instead cursing Lady Luck as he crashed down heavily on a...couch? Granted, it wasn't a particularly soft couch, but there were worse things he could have landed on. Withdrawing a few of his curses to the fickle being, Michael quickly extricates himself from the couch, looking around to find himself in...what looked like a rather cozy living room.

Looking around, the immortal found nothing of any particular interest, except for a girl who seemed like she might be a little cute, dressed up in some formal attire of some kind.

Hmm...Nobody worth fighting around here. Shame. Ah well, might as well find out where I am.

"Excuse me," he starts, "Might you know where I've landed?"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:52:17 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 14, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »
It could be said that Fate was a bitch, Destiny was a whore, and Karma was just doing her job, but Michael found himself instead cursing Lady Luck as he crashed down heavily on a...couch? Granted, it wasn't a particularly soft couch, but there were worse things he could have landed on. Withdrawing a few of his curses to the fickle being, Michael quickly extricates himself from the couch, looking around to find himself in...what looked like a rather cozy living room.

Looking around, the immortal found nothing of any particular interest, except for a girl who seemed like she might be a little cute, dressed up in some formal attire of some kind.

Hmm...Nobody worth fighting around here. Shame. Ah well, might as well find out where I am.

"Excuse me," he starts, "Might you know where I've landed?"

"Eh...?" Yukina was confused. A man suddenly appeared out of nowhere crashed on the Manor's couch, while she was playing Idolmaster on PlayStation 3. Somehow and in someway, it seems as if the will of the city chose to land a newcomer inside someone's house. She was immensely surprised, but she was relieved that the handsome man landed while Yayoi was having having a concert, else it would interfere in her game. But nevertheless, she was utterly dumbfounded, just staring blankly at the man.

She then tried to speak, but only stuttered. "U-um..." He began, as she puts down the controller, stood up and bowed before him. "...Welcome to N-Nexus City, stranger. How may I help you?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 14, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »
"Eh...?" Yukina was confused. A man suddenly appeared out of nowhere crashed on the Manor's couch, while she was playing Idolmaster on PlayStation 3. Somehow and in someway, it seems as if the will of the city chose to land a newcomer inside someone's house. She was immensely surprised, but she was relieved that the handsome man landed while Yayoi was having having a concert, else it would interfere in her game. But nevertheless, she was utterly dumbfounded, just staring blankly at the man.

She then tried to speak, but only stuttered. "U-um..." He began, as she puts down the controller, stood up and bowed before him. "...Welcome to N-Nexus City, stranger. How may I help you?"

"Nexus City, eh?" Michael takes a moment to taste the word, then stretches out a bit, working out the kinks with a light groan before sighing with no small amount of satisfaction at the rejuvenated feeling flowing through him.

"Well...I suppose you could tell me if you know some place I could get something to eat. I can find the decent fighters myself, but finding a place to refuel is always a problem for some reason."

Michael pats himself over for a moment, before withdrawing a stick small enough to fit in the palm of his hand. Satisfied that he still has his tool with him, Michael places it back in his pocket and looks up to find himself staring at the incomprehensible images on the screen in front of him.

Oh sweet and sacred Trinity, what kind of ghastly entertainment is this?

"Hang on, are you here by yourself?" Michael asks curiously, "It doesn't really seem like it. Room's too big. House feels way too big for you to be living by yourself."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 14, 2015, 06:48:16 PM »
"Nexus City, eh?" Michael takes a moment to taste the word, then stretches out a bit, working out the kinks with a light groan before sighing with no small amount of satisfaction at the rejuvenated feeling flowing through him.

"Well...I suppose you could tell me if you know some place I could get something to eat. I can find the decent fighters myself, but finding a place to refuel is always a problem for some reason."

Michael pats himself over for a moment, before withdrawing a stick small enough to fit in the palm of his hand. Satisfied that he still has his tool with him, Michael places it back in his pocket and looks up to find himself staring at the incomprehensible images on the screen in front of him.

Oh sweet and sacred Trinity, what kind of ghastly entertainment is this?

"Hang on, are you here by yourself?" Michael asks curiously, "It doesn't really seem like it. Room's too big. House feels way too big for you to be living by yourself."

"Um, eh..." The Japanese lady continued being embarrassed. "I live here, along with Neo-san and Rattus-san. Rattus-san is out working and Neo-san is in his room doing his researches again..."

"Um..." She just can't look straight at the man, since she was caught off-guard and in the middle of her play session. "...I will get you food, stranger. I will be right back!"

She then went and hurried to the kitchen to fetch food for their uninvited and unexpected guest. She was panicked, since the man indicated that he was hungry and she didn't want for him to wait long. After a few minutes of thinking hard, she came up with an idea. She then took something out of the fridge and microwaved it.

She then hurriedly came back to the living room, with a plate of hot curry bread, which she put down on the coffee table. She then remembered that she also needed to serve him drinks, so she hurriedly went back to kitchen, grabbed a large chilled bottle of Pocari Sweat and a drinking glass. She finally returned with the beverages and put it down beside the curry bread plate, then bowed down towards the man.

"Please eat well, stranger. I hope that you would like it."