Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474574 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1560 on: February 18, 2015, 04:49:53 PM »
Michael stares at the blonde, incredulous.

"Kid, what I said was simple. Take the first shot or it'll be over too quickly. I don't doubt that I'll see things in this city that I've never seen before, but nothing you can do will make that list."

"See? You're smug." Neo replied. "If nothing I would do would faze you, then you would make the first move. But nope, you're making an excuse."

He then narrowed his eyes, "What's the matter? Afraid?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 18, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »
"..." Michael just stares at the kid, "You...You're seriously...For Trinity's sake, are you seriously dumb enough to reject a free shot?!"

"And...afraid? ...You know what, screw this, this isn't fun anymore. You have to the count of three to make a move or I'm not even going to bother with making the point of how pathetic you are and just beat your ass into the ground."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 18, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
"..." Michael just stares at the kid, "You...You're seriously...For Trinity's sake, are you seriously dumb enough to reject a free shot?!"

"And...afraid? ...You know what, screw this, this isn't fun anymore. You have to the count of three to make a move or I'm not even going to bother with making the point of how pathetic you are and just beat your ass into the ground."

"Three." Neo said immediately. "Do it, faggot."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 18, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »
Michael sighs, stuffing his hands into his pockets and looking down for a moment before withdrawing them, his right hand concealing the stick.

"Fine," Michael says, pointing the stick in Neo's direction, "You asked for it."

With that, the stick is suddenly a twelve-foot long staff. Unfortunately for Neo, he's only about ten feet away from Michael, and the stick was pointed at his chest before Michael changed it. There isn't enough force in the blow to impale him, but definitely enough to knock him back a fair bit.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 18, 2015, 05:26:39 PM »
Michael sighs, stuffing his hands into his pockets and looking down for a moment before withdrawing them, his right hand concealing the stick.

"Fine," Michael says, pointing the stick in Neo's direction, "You asked for it."

With that, the stick is suddenly a twelve-foot long staff. Unfortunately for Neo, he's only about ten feet away from Michael, and the stick was pointed at his chest before Michael changed it. There isn't enough force in the blow to impale him, but definitely enough to knock him back a fair bit.

When the man drew out his twelve-foot long stick, Neo saw this as an opportunity, dodged it and held tightly on the staff. He then tried to tug away the stick from the challenging man, but with no intention of prying it away from him. He did it, rather, as a provocation.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 18, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Mathew was thanking the Emperor that there wasn't a Commissar around; it would have put him in the uncomfortable position of deciding whether to report this or keep Noel alive...

"Warp Corruption is similar to how you described Seither," he began, "According to my Primer, it affects the mind and body. Makes those turn away from the Imperial Creed, mutating while carving symbols into themselves...There are some rather detailed images in the book of a few Mutants.

"The Primer also says that it changes the land. Apparently, the area starts smelling like cooked blood and electricity, and that it is common to get nose bleeds. If you start hearing whispers in your mind, you are supposed to report it.

"Just...keep an eye on your body and keep your mind safe, alright?"

Elyssa:

"Are they hostiles?" The Warmonger asked, readying herself.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 18, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »
...Why do I even bother...

Michael didn't even feel the kid tugging on the staff, instead sparing him an annoyed look while taking advantage of that wonderful thing called torque as he put his other hand on the staff and it close as he dragged one foot to the side, turning his body like it was the staff's pivot point, which it was, as he did so to either rip the staff from Neo's grip or bring him along with it before pulling it back, the staff shortening down to a length of eight feet as he brought it back before it lengthened back out to twelve feet as he brought it down on the kid, the staff moving far faster than it had any right to.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 18, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »

Noel

Noel fidgeted slightly in place, while she still was physically facing Blackburn, her eyes were focus on the area behind him. “You don’t need to worry, I’ll be fine... There doesn’t seem to be seithr here anyway, so don’t worry about it. We’re not in Kansas anymore.” She finished with a smile, refocused on Blackburn once more.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 18, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »
...Why do I even bother...

Michael didn't even feel the kid tugging on the staff, instead sparing him an annoyed look while taking advantage of that wonderful thing called torque as he put his other hand on the staff and it close as he dragged one foot to the side, turning his body like it was the staff's pivot point, which it was, as he did so to either rip the staff from Neo's grip or bring him along with it before pulling it back, the staff shortening down to a length of eight feet as he brought it back before it lengthened back out to twelve feet as he brought it down on the kid, the staff moving far faster than it had any right to.

When Neo saw that the man responded to the provocation by pulling back the staff, he let the momentum of the staff's retraction bring him to closer to the guy. And once he got so close to him, Neo then took out a flask full of some sort of fog and hit the staff with it, causing the flask to break. The flask, in reality, contained vaporized cannabinoids which affected everyone who was exposed to the smoke it contains.

And since the man quickly lengthened the staff back to twelve feet, Neo used the momentum of its extension to get away from the smoke as soon as possible.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 18, 2015, 07:58:01 PM »
The moment Michael saw the flask, instincts honed by millennia upon millennia of fighting kicked in, one hand leaving the staff to grab Neo's wrist, exerting pressure in just the right spot to force the hand open to let the flask drop harmlessly to relatively soft ground as a matter of routine, before Michael simply let the wrist go and kicked the blonde away.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:58:40 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 18, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald

"Bah, pathetic! You call this reviling trash a five star hotel? You embarrass yourselves and the people around you. I dare not think of what happen if an actual person of royalty dared step foot in this menagerie of disgust. I am leaving at once!"

Kayneth was not in a pleasant mood as he began to spend his morning observing the various hotels that dotted the landscape of the city. Glancing from building to building he would always find some trait most unsatisfactory towards his taste. Perhaps the lights were too dim, or the wallpaper was of a dimmed color, he was beginning to think this city was nothing but talk in regards to hospitality.

"Perhaps my business would be better off in that barbarian's abode?"

He still have a few places he wanted to check out before he had truly given up, hotels that rivaled castle's in their splendor and were said to be the best around, where the kings and queens often ended up after unsuitably arriving to this barren city.

He was a man of research after all, it was his duty to find the very best that this city could offer, something more suitable to his noble taste.

And as he stormed out of the silver doors of his latest failed discovery he immediately headed towards his next goal.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 19, 2015, 12:04:59 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

"Don't ignore me you half arsed scurvy dogs!", Lorenzo barked as the other man fought the... whatever stood higher than a flea but lower than a rat in the human decentness scale. The pyre of the manor's candlelight accumulated on his legs, with a swift kick the pirate rocketed trough the manor door with a mighty trail of bursting pyre behind him.

As the able seaman soared in the heavens, he gained a good look of the situation. With a grin, he shot forward down the scoundrel with all his might, brandishing his fist and roaring like a mighty pirate ought to roar.

''Ye cheap scoundrel, a man is only as mighty good as the burdens he bears on his shoulders! To let a woman bear your burdens and having yourself bear no shame, to bear no respect..."

"FEAST UPON MY FIST!!", he cried with the strength of many men, a fiery soul with burning passion pummeled the blonde man with a fist bearing his full might. There was no time to even react, the lad was shot back trough the ground headfirst due to the fiery punch with an abundant trail of blood.

The pirate slowly descending, he gained equal footing to the two once again, and brandished his blade. "Your tongue or your hand, which will be first?", he snarled.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 19, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »
    Holy   shit!     His      rod   gets    longer       and      harder      the       more    he    waves   it!  
"Cheep cheep! Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep! ", the soaring poultry of burning cheeped in surprise. Seemed that the man with the long staff was hardier than he looked, to wave such a long stick like a toy and thrust it around with such force and ease.

Of course, no match for his dad's sword, but still not bad. Now, that n00b on the other hand...

Hah!    Get      rekt     bitch,  wait...          thefuck        is       this?
"Cheep! Cheep cheep cheep, cheep... cheecheep cheep cheep?", the bird winced, or gasped, or showed birdsurprise at the sight of a random flask that golden man pulled out of his ass. Like, how did it even get there? Why was it there? Was that the reason he was so butthurt?

The world may never know.

But suddenly, the world seemed to freeze at the sight of his father, soaring like a fucking phoenix pirate firebending man. That shit was blazin, tenouttaten, like fucking awesome. Giving a thumbs up, the bird used his free wing to post the live video on youtube.

# Blaze    It
"#Cheep Cheep.", the magnificent bird cheered further as he gazed at what could only be described as a real life FALCON PUNCH.

Feeling a tingling sensation down his naughty bird bits, he waved the flag with the passion of a... well, just fill it in yourself.

And so the whole world now looked at his private channel DoneBirdCheep* and could now LOL** and ROFLMAO*** at the sight of the blonde pussy being fisted by FIRE and thrown around by somecrandom hobo's staff.

*Fuck off, I couldn't think of a better one
**That physically hurt to type
***Refer to previous statement
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:42:48 AM by francobull3 »

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 19, 2015, 04:36:01 AM »
The moment Michael saw the flask, instincts honed by millennia upon millennia of fighting kicked in, one hand leaving the staff to grab Neo's wrist, exerting pressure in just the right spot to force the hand open to let the flask drop harmlessly to relatively soft ground as a matter of routine, before Michael simply let the wrist go and kicked the blonde away.

Lorenzo Remei

"Don't ignore me you half arsed scurvy dogs!", Lorenzo barked as the other man fought the... whatever stood higher than a flea but lower than a rat in the human decentness scale. The pyre of the manor's candlelight accumulated on his legs, with a swift kick the pirate rocketed trough the manor door with a mighty trail of bursting pyre behind him.

As the able seaman soared in the heavens, he gained a good look of the situation. With a grin, he shot forward down the scoundrel with all his might, brandishing his fist and roaring like a mighty pirate ought to roar.

''Ye cheap scoundrel, a man is only as mighty good as the burdens he bears on his shoulders! To let a woman bear your burdens and having yourself bear no shame, to bear no respect..."

"FEAST UPON MY FIST!!", he cried with the strength of many men, a fiery soul with burning passion pummeled the blonde man with a fist bearing his full might. There was no time to even react, the lad was shot back trough the ground headfirst due to the fiery punch with an abundant trail of blood.

The pirate slowly descending, he gained equal footing to the two once again, and brandished his blade. "Your tongue or your hand, which will be first?", he snarled.

Neo has been kicked away, pummeled and bloodied by the two men before him, simply for his choice of attitude and diction. To any sane person, this would have been a signal for them to drop their attitude and start over again.

However, Neo wasn't a sane person, as he grinned widely right before the eyes of his opponents. "Your ass." Neo answered back. "Take it or leave it, dipshit!" He then, without any hesitation, charged towards the pirate in an apparent suicidal run, intending to tackle him.

Yukina, on the other hand, didn't exactly like what she saw. The scene, for her, was that two powerful men were beating up a man who, though rude in attitude, was less powerful than them. And they did all that for the sake of her honor, if not anything else. These two men were making her companion suffer for something she didn't really mind. While she could take the hurtful words of Neo and he, in turn, could take the contempt of people for his attitude, she realized that something like this happening isn't exactly the most honorable and admirable thing that she could bear to see.

Two powerful men were on the verge of torturing Neo for her sake, for something she didn't mind. For her, this wasn't fair, honorable and right. And she was disenchanted.

She then hurriedly went back inside the manor and began frantically searching for something in the cabinets on the living room. She found it, a key, and then used it to unlock a certain door in the hallway leading to the kitchen, which lead to a descending stairway to a basement. She then went down these stairs and didn't come back for a while.

And when she came back outside, she had, in her person, a sheathed tanto, a sheathed wakizashi and a Type 99 rifle with a Type 30 bayonet attached to it. She then loaded the rifle, closed the action and pointed it towards the man with the staff. With some hesitation, she pulled the trigger, intending to hit him.

Yukina was not the type of person who would use such extent of force for many given reasons, but she made an exemption to this.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:40:09 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 19, 2015, 05:44:12 AM »
Seeing the pirate, definitely a pyromancer, literally come rocketing in to basically snatch his thunder right out from under him, Michael stared at the spectacle, then at the downed blonde, then back at the pirate.

"...Show-off," Michael says with a sigh.

Then he looks back at the manor entrance, where he last saw the rather weak-willed girl who, in hindsight, ended up being the linchpin in this whole mess. Granted, the immortal admitted he'd been itching for a fight, but the kid's mouth was really what made this shitstorm inevitable. Hell, if he'd just taken his lumps and tried to enjoy the fight as a chance to test his skills or something, then this would have gone over a lot smoother. If he'd refused outright, that would have been fine too, but no, fucker just had to go mouth off to his colleague and then spout off about how he apparently liked people who didn't care about the shit he gave them. Honestly, though, that wasn't even what really annoyed the immortal. The true annoyance was that, when offered a free shot, the kid not only turned it down, but acted like his victory was guaranteed or something. Power's sake, this kid earned the beatdown the pyromancer was about to hand hi-

Where'd she go?

Strangely enough, the girl was nowhere to be found.

...No matter.

With that, Michael advances towards the pirate.

"Hey now, can you wait your-" Michael starts to say, when the sound of a rifle being loaded registers.

Time seemed to slow down to a crawl as he turns to the entrance to see the girl bearing a rifle, which was pointed at him, loaded, and aimed. Michael's brain shifts into overdrive immediately as he processes what he sees with a mind sharpened to a razor edge from countless battles.

Rifle aimed at my center mass, gotta move out of the path. Keep my movement unpredictable, keep her from getting a bead on me. Enhance.

Michael dashes in at an angle, zig-zagging as the magic flows through him, augmenting his physical capabilities far beyond their normal limits. It's too late, though, as she's already pulling the trigger, having managed to track him before the Enhancement took effect. Unfortunately for her, Michael is already to changing his direction, turning what might have been a hit into a near miss as he dashes in, now moving at inhuman speeds with the staff moves even faster, smashing the rifle up hard enough to tear it from her grip before reaching in, trying to flick the two blades out of their sheathes and far away from her before she could possibly think to reach for them.

With that, Michael quickly lashes out with the staff, aiming to sweep her off her feet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:05:47 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh