Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474142 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1605 on: February 21, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »
"No, it doesn't," Michael agrees with a bemused grin, "But I suppose this would be a decent way to put this behind us. While a good fight is always something to be enjoyed, let it never be said that no other pleasures exist in life. Though, admittedly, this does depend a fair bit on what kind of people tend to frequent the bar you choose."

With the grin still on his face, Michael shortens the staff back down to the small, pocket-sized stick, and slides it into the nearest pocket.

"So," Michael says, "What's the place you have in mind?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 21, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »
"Hell if I know, there was one tavern back there but...."
Lorenzo now looked amused, remembering his stunt back then.

"But let's say it just was. No, I have no idea where to get a drink, but any respectable city should have a place to drink on every corner. So how about..."

Lorenzo waved his hand and proceeded to point at a completely random direction. Proudly smiling as he puffed his chest, Lorenzo nodded in approval.

"There, my senses do not fail, surely there is plenty of fine drink there."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:50:51 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 21, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
...He has no idea where he's going...then again, neither do I. Hell, we might even run into a bit of trouble on the way.

"Very well, pirate," Michael says, walking off in indicated direction as he pulls the pirate along with him, "Let's go and see if your senses are truly infallible."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 21, 2015, 08:24:20 PM »
Tar

The detective allowed himself to furrow his brows deeper as he digested the information he was hearing from this Saber-lookalike. He realized she was the one mentioned in a minor report that had been left in his desk this morning, about someone the force had surprised snooping in the brutal crime scene he and Saber were looking over at the time; and he sighed.

"I don't know why no one brought you in for that, but I'll close my eyes this time." Henry brought a hand up to rub the bridge of his nose, and continued, "We have nothing certain we can share yet, but we're working on it and we have a trail, I assure you."

As soon as he said that, the room was disturbed by the sudden appearance of a young man from the shadows, who promptly walked away at his own leisure. Henry stared for a moment.

"McGruffins," he bellowed, turning to the cop. "Who the hell was that?"

Butler

"Please follow me then." Butler said.

The servant beckoned the man to follow him, and as they walked the door shut with a heavy thump behind them. At a hurried but appropriate pace, Butler led him up the stairs of the great hall of the castle, and through richly decorated corridors, arriving at an ornate door that marked the throne room of the building's master. Butler paused and turned to him in question.

"How should I announce you, mister...?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 21, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »
"That," the officer says, taking a moment to process the shock with his fingers only inches away from the alarm buttons under the desk, "That was the emo-looking Saber-wannabe who came by earlier. Said he wanted to be a consultant, so I had him head over to see the Elites. No clue what they've told him, and I'd rather not ask."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:36:25 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 21, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
"Yohoho, let us go at haste me hearty!", Lorenzo roared merrily. With that, both walked at a quick pace, following the trail that the pirate made up. Suddenly, his eyes gaped in surprise as he gazed on what appeared to be a bar of sorts.

"Wow... it worked?", he muttered under his breath. "Yes, you see!? Clearly my senses are infaillable. I am the greatest who ever was, YOHOHO!"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »
"...Well then. An bar-radar might actually be useful," Michael admits as they enter the bar, "Barkeep! Something strong, and quickly!"

A few rounds later, Michael, still more or less completely sober despite the vodka he's been served.

"So, what's your name, anyway?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 21, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
Mordred

Did just that guy poofed into existence and walked away? Mordred was a little bit confused about Adjutor just popping out of a shadow. I guess they have a ghost problem or something... But that was not something to worry about, many ghosts were harmless after all. She continued talking with the police officer.

"Actually, I was arrested for that and persuaded police officers into releasing me, but then some weird looking nut went ahead, brainwashed them into obedience and tried to kill me. Long story." she said, with her arms crossed "I don't blame them for giving in, though, humans are after humans, many of them don't have it in them to resist powers that bend mind. Since I did not see you following him, I can only praise you for such mental fortitude."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 21, 2015, 10:50:41 PM »
Lorenzo did not waste a breath, instead taking hold of multiple bottles that were most definitely not his own while no one was looking. He had no money, nor did he need any. After all, if he wished for something, he took it in his own hands.

Pouring the contents down his throat, he slammed one of the bottles on the table, his face red as he let out a burp to bring the whole place down. Once that done, he smiled cheekily before taking another sip, lazily holding a different bottle without a care in the world.

“Ah, my name… *hic* Lor…*hic* call me Lorenzo. *hic*”
The pirate then fell in a burst of laughter. “This is the stuff lad, nothing better than some fine drink in the morning. Or afternoon! Or the nighty night.’”

And the hiccups resumed for quite a while, his eyes looking lazily at the multitude of bottles. Needless to say, he had drank enough alcohol at once to kill a dozen men.

“Wahaaaa, whaat is your n-name my *hic* hearty?”, he asked before laughing pompously- and consuming yet another bottle.

“Speak up lad, we have till foreverandeverandeverand wahaaaaaaaaa…”
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:51:15 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 21, 2015, 11:18:04 PM »
"Michael," the immortal says with a bemused smile as Lorenzo tears through just a little less than half the alcohol he'd ended up drinking on his last bender.

"You sure that's a good idea? I mean, I can't die from alcohol poisoning, but I'm not so sure about you," Michael says, snatching up one of the many bottles Lorenzo had stolen and downing the whole thing in one go to prove his point. The intense burn of the liquid crashing against his insides did nothing to faze him, as he looked at the pirate evenly, about to say something when a fireball slams into the bar, exploding as it floors the barkeeper and destroys a fair portion of the alcohol stocked at the bar currently.

Wordlessly, Michael drags the pirate out of his chair a looks outside.

Skeletons. Lots of skeletons. Warriors, archers and mages, amongst other things.

Wordlessly, Michael cracks a grin as he draws the stick before lengthening it to an eight-foot long staff, the Enhancement already flowing through him again.

"This should be fun," he says, thrilled at the rush of adrenaline as he checks up on the pirate, "Up and at 'em Lorenzo! I claim three-quarters!"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 22, 2015, 12:00:08 AM »
EINAR KRONHOLM

Einar followed Skullface through the impressively lavish castle, looking over as much as he could while keeping pace with his guide.

"Forgive my manners, I am Mr. Kronholm."
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 22, 2015, 12:31:35 AM »
Lorenzo was to chug yet another bottle of whatever alcohol was next on the "to drink list" when a sudden burst of fire- not his own for once- blew the table and all the drinks to smithereens.

Surprised, Lorenzo now faced a horde of skeletons, each armed and obviously up to no good.

"You scurvy landlubbers, you burned me rum!", the pirate roared. He took an enraged tone, both drunk and very pissed. "Ye burned all the rum!" he kept yelling madly, grieving the loss of such fine drink. But when he heard Michael's humored comment, he could't help but smile.

"Three quarters my arse, I take the lot of them, and you take the lot of the other lot that isn't my lot... baaaaah, just make em pay. No one burns me rum and gets away with it, no one!"

With that said, the pirate waved his hand towards the bunch of skeletons, a wave of flames shot towards them, blowing up a dozen of them.

"Bet I can take a bigger lot than ya!" he cried before laughing once again, drawing his blade and gun before firing multiple shots at random directions.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:37:26 AM by francobull3 »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 22, 2015, 12:36:38 AM »
EINAR KRONHOLM

Einar followed Skullface through the impressively lavish castle, looking over as much as he could while keeping pace with his guide.

"Forgive my manners, I am Mr. Kronholm."

Butler

Butler offered the man a slight bow.

"It is fine," he said. "But I do advise you keep up the etiquette."

His skull faced Kronholm at an angle, as though a smiling mask. And then, with a grand gesture, he pushed open the door to Vlad's seat of authority.

The grand room with the tall glass windows, regal curtains, and hanging banners with the symbols of the Ordo Dracul seemed even more imposing from this angle. Slowly, Butler stepped forward, following the side of the red carpet that flowed from the main door to the shadowed throne. When he was at a moderate distance from it, he graciously kneeled and spoke without lifting his gaze.

"Lord Vlad, I present Mister Kronholm." Butler gestured to the guest with his arm as he firmly announced those words.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 22, 2015, 01:26:52 AM »
David

The living dream pouted at the fact that he was so easily dismissed. "Well the one with four arms is exactly what he looks like. An otherwise normal human with four arms."

Then he pointed to the smiling woman leaning on him. "She on the other hand is probably one of a kind. There isn't really anything around here that quite matches her physical or mental state."

Ann

The pale woman snuggled into the angel's chest for a moment before responding. "I'm afraid I didn't plan much for breakfast, Little Angel. We were supposed to be a little too busy to eat, but I can make do. I did acquire something that I could eat from. It's a little old but durable, and it looks heavenly."

Ann put a bit of emphasis on the word before she tapped him on the chest. "Time to get moving. If you want to do something other than sex you should make it worth my time, Little Angel."

Alvis

The white haired child sighed in relief when he pulled his characteristic hood down and entered the police station. It was difficult restraining himself in public. So many minds with so many idle thoughts that it was difficult to ignore and keep his curiosity in check as well. Here his mind wandered and probed as he made his way to the break room but there was something... off.

Alvis' mind jumped from target to target as he searched for what was causing that buzzing sound. Then he saw the source of it, a seemingly normal officer who was talking to some clone of Saber. Well, he'd seen stranger things. He changed his path until he was right next to the officer and tugged on the man's shirt.

Then he cheerily said, "You have an appointment with me once you're done with whatever you have to do for today."

With that said he strolled back towards the break room and entered only to see a complete stranger sitting on his favorite couch. He performed his signature head tilt and with confusion covering his face he asked, "Who're you?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 22, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »
It was at times like these that Adjutor was completely and utterly blindsided. He honestly didn't know what took him off-guard the most, but something about this kid was just...off.

Okay, first off, this kid is way too young to be a-

I mean...you never really...

You sure about that? I mean, the kid doesn't even look like he's hit ten. The hell is someone like this doing in a-

Maybe his parents brought him to work?

You're operating under the assumption that he has parents. Parents who would be worried enough to bring their kids to the station with them. Considering how this place operates, it would be unlikely for him to have come in with his family, unless he's one of the few who are actually born here.

"Adjutor Xarrest," the teen says, sitting up properly and tugging on his sleeves to try to hide the tattoos that should've been covered by gloves that he didn't have right now, "...Do you work here?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh