Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474626 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1650 on: February 23, 2015, 05:54:03 AM »
Noel

Noel nodded. “Mhm, that’s easy. Everyone knows who they are!--Well, everyone in the world I came from... Anyway, the Six Heros were six people of immense power who were integral in defeating the Black Beast. They appeared when mankind was on the brink of destruction. Nine, the great mage, is responsible for the creation of Ars Magus. Hakumen was the leader, and he’s really really strong! One of the strongest beings in existence! The others were Jubei, Valkenhayn, Trinity, and...” Noel took a short but noticable pause in her sentence, a troubled look flashing across her face. “And Yuki Terumi. Is there anything specific you would like to know?”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 23, 2015, 01:29:41 PM »
David

"Scientist? Now that's just silly." The redhead went over what little he knew a few times before making his guesses. "Considering you're here at this hour you're either some sort of possessed being, a very low tier darkness spirit, or a vampire."

Deborah

The woman frowned when she heard David compared her to someone possessed or a demon. "You know, you are pushing it if you compare me to something that needs to be exorcised. But the third guess is correct. Just remember I will have to do something about it if you go around telling everyone."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 23, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
Alvis

"Oh he'll be fine. It's not like he doesn't deserve it anyways." Alvis pulled out a 'Hello My Name Is' sticker and scribbled Adjutor's name on it before signing it himself and attaching it to the man's forehead. "This should let you wander around a bit. Gives you a chance to meet with the others. If you see a guy with red hair and black skin running around I would avoid him."

Alvis curled up on the couch and tried to start his nap. "You should be fine as long as you don't poke around too much."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 23, 2015, 05:52:04 PM »
The explanation gets a raised eyebrow from Adjutor, followed by the kid sticking a name tag on his forehead and promptly lying down to take a nap after some parting words.

Is it wrong that I still think the kid's kinda cute?

...Not really. I mean, power and whatever experience he might have aside, he still seems to have the disposition one would expect of someone of his age.

Adjutor feels a small smile making its way onto his face as he makes his way out of the break room, looking around for a moment as he considers where he can go.

...Well, we need to complete at least some part of today's training quota.

You're going to relax for a moment first.

Why?

Because I need a moment to get over having my mouth literally slapped off me.

...Fine.

With that, Adjutor makes his way up to the roof of the station, noting that it seems to be more or less empty, aside from the stuff you'd normally expect on a roof, things like fencing and a water reservoir. Then Adjutor notices a strange girl sitting on the roof, leaning back as she watches the clouds passing above.

...Well, this is awkward...

You are going to introduce yourself, or I will take over and do it for you.

It doesn't really seem like she wants someone disturbing her.

Or maybe she's bored and wouldn't mind someone to talk to? You don't know that, you're not a mind-reader. Yet.

I don't think there would be a Concept that would allow something like that.

Making a decision, Adjutor makes his way over, removing the sheathed Elementals, putting them down around him, and sitting down some distance away from the strange girl, deciding to wait to see if the girl will initiate.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:48:32 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:27 AM »
David

"Oh? What is it that you will do? Making such a dangerous threat in front of three people is certainly far from wise. Especially ones that already know your true nature." The dream was relaxed as he made the statement, although he did wonder how such a poor liar of a vampire lasted longer than a few nights.

Acacia

Calm, blue eyes flickered over to the newcomer and eyed the name tag attached to his forehead and made note of the signature of the child Elite on it. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by the sound of intense rattling. Her two sheathed children on the ground were desperately trying to escape their confines and strike down the newcomer with a hunger that was nearly tangible.

Delicate hands picked up both blades, unsheathed them, and placed them on her lap. The swords ceased their struggle as she whispered to them and although she was quiet the trained ear could hear small phrases such as, "Mommy is here." or "It's not your time yet".

While they were calm she turned her head to the stranger and offered him a warm smile. "So Alvis has already finished playing his games with you? That's good. He needs more friends."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 24, 2015, 12:17:36 AM »
Adjutor's eyes narrow slightly at the sight of the swords rattling, the seal dropping away from his eyes with a thought as they revert to the pupilless silver.

...Well that's curious.

Soul forged weapons? Sounds like something that...dammit, what's her name...whatever. Sounds like something she would have done.

Maybe, but this person doesn't really seem like her. And those weapons aren't all too different from the Elementals on a basic level.

"...He does this with everyone?" Adjutor asks, "That would explain a lot. And, weird tendencies aside, I don't really see why he would be lacking in friends. I mean, it's not like he's unapproachable or anything. Of course, that's just from what I've seen, so you probably know a bit better with regards to that."

Come on, introduce yourself dammit!

I will, give me a minute.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 24, 2015, 12:36:27 AM »
Acacia

"Most people don't appreciate the sanctity of their minds being violated. Especially when the person doing the violating is the Chief Elite of Intelligence and Interrogation." She let out a small sigh and gestured Adjutor to come closer.

But as she gave him a better look her gaze met his and narrowed a bit. "You have interesting eyes. What do they do?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 24, 2015, 12:44:46 AM »
David

"Oh? What is it that you will do? Making such a dangerous threat in front of three people is certainly far from wise. Especially ones that already know your true nature." The dream was relaxed as he made the statement, although he did wonder how such a poor liar of a vampire lasted longer than a few nights.

"Just because you know who I am does not mean you know what I might hide in my sleeves." Deborah smirked in attempt to bluff David. If it came to worst, she could make us of her Celerity to gain edge in speed and fight off assailants with everything she got.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 24, 2015, 12:46:01 AM »

Okay, yup, I think I'm just going to forget everything I said about him being cute.

I mean, kinda is, but...

"Well, that would explain a lot," Adjutor says, shifting closer, the Elementals going incorporeal to make room for him to move, "As for my eyes, well, they see things that normal eyes wouldn't. Magical energy, conduits, enchantments, things like that."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 24, 2015, 01:06:04 AM »
Acacia

"That's useful. Would they still work if they were removed from your head? We have a habit here of recycling lost assets." She relaxed a smidgen considering her children seemed to have calmed down.

David

The seemingly normal man returned the smirk as his staff shifted from calming blue to an angry orange. "It wouldn't take me too long to set you ablaze, my dear host. You should have known better than to serve your weaknesses to strangers on a silver platter."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 24, 2015, 01:07:16 AM »
Tar

Henry twitched as the little hooded boy tugged on his sleeve and spoke to him. Alvis of the Elites, if he wasn't mistaken. The creepy little interrogator mage he'd heard about. And he wanted an appointment. Well, in that case. The detective would endeavor to not be done with whatever he was occupied with this day still. Stupid random elites thinking they could order around people not directly under them in the chain of command just because they were elites.

Of course he showed none of this on his expression and just sighed as Alvis left.

"I don't need your praise," he answered Mordred. His brow furrowed as he thought back to that man in the crime scene, who almost made his Cover crack. That seemed so zealously convinced of a singular truth. "The world doesn't need lunatics who arbitrarily think they're right and do everything on their own. Nor does it need people who'll just stand by and let them do as they wish."

The unfocused glare on his face wasn't a hard expression to make.

"Anything else?" He asked, closing off the genuine feelings on his face to look the girl in the eye.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:08:59 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 24, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »
"...I'm...actually not sure. They're a side effect of the modifications, so it could be either way. Though, I don't plan on dying any time soon, so we may not find out," Adjutor says, "However...Given your talents, you might be able to work something out."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 24, 2015, 01:19:08 AM »
Tar

Henry twitched as the little hooded boy tugged on his sleeve and spoke to him. Alvis of the Elites, if he wasn't mistaken. The creepy little interrogator mage he'd heard about. And he wanted an appointment. Well, in that case. The detective would endeavor to not be done with whatever he was occupied with this day still. Stupid random elites thinking they could order around people not directly under them in the chain of command just because they were elites.

Of course he showed none of this on his expression and just sighed as Alvis left.

"I don't need your praise," he answered Mordred. His brow furrowed as he thought back to that man in the crime scene, who almost made his Cover crack. That seemed so zealously convinced of a singular truth. "The world doesn't need lunatics who arbitrarily think they're right and do everything on their own. Nor does it need people who'll just stand by and let them do as they wish."

The unfocused glare on his face wasn't a hard expression to make.

"Anything else?" He asked, closing off the genuine feelings on his face to look the girl in the eye.

"How humble of you. I really like that" Mordred smiled at the police officer. He seemed to be one of those rare individuals genuinely dedicated to serve and protect unlike some who just treated their job like any other. That rude police officer probably fell into the latter category "I won't bother you more, I will go wait for you know whom outside. Farewell"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 24, 2015, 01:26:14 AM »
Kizumi Ito

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaahn, keep it down guys...", Ito groaned as he streched at the opposite corner of the rooftop. It was evident the man had been sleeping until now, and had woken up due to the two's intrusion. Not that they were the intruders in the first place.

Yawning, he stretched once again before rising, his eyes wincing at the bright sunlight.

"Cmon, I was having a nice dream too, I was about to become the number one strongest galaxy master... now it's all over."

By this point, Kizumi was wiping his eyes, still sleepy and irked by the fact he had woken up.

"Who are you jerks anyway? I don't recall ever seeing you around these parts.", the ninja nonchalantly spoke, walking lazily towards the two.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 24, 2015, 01:45:49 AM »
"How humble of you. I really like that" Mordred smiled at the police officer. He seemed to be one of those rare individuals genuinely dedicated to serve and protect unlike some who just treated their job like any other. That rude police officer probably fell into the latter category "I won't bother you more, I will go wait for you know whom outside. Farewell"

Deep inside his quantum forge of a heart, Tar the Demon blinked, leaving Henry the detective without a proper reaction. He wasn't expecting that response. Not to his admittedly rather gruff mannerisms. He watched her go, and Henry grumbled from his throat to himself, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey," he called out, before she left out the door. And talking something out of his pocket, he walked up to her and shook it in her direction. A cigarette poked out of the Marlboro packet in his hand. "Here. For the wait."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts