Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474077 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1980 on: March 16, 2015, 12:30:21 AM »
"Yo-ho-ho, what a funny lad you are." Lorenzo chuckled once again, scratching his messy hair in an aloof fashion. That man was dangeorous, damn dangeorous. A scurvy dog no better than the devil, he knew that much. Even if they stood in his ship, a normally advantageous territory for him, he could tell one wrong move could very well cost his... and her life.

Suddenly, his humorous expression fell flat, giving in to a much more serious one. Yes, a man would have shat his pants any moment now, but he could see Medaka was still strong, not shaking. As the one she put her trust in, he had no right to show hesitation or fear.

"Very well, I was planning to do so anyway, so it's not like you are forcing me to do something I wouldn't have done. But I do think..."

Lorenzo shook his head, his golden eyes squinting to gaze at the armoured scoundrel. It didn't feel good to take orders from such a man, or to be played with and ridden like a boat, but it't not like he had a choice. A fight against this monster was the last thing he wanted.  Snapping his fingers, he commanded his ship to rise higher, to give them all a better sight of the city.

"Aaah, forget it. It wasn't very relevant anyway. Simply put, I suggest you not to be hasty. I am the captain, and this is my ship. I can humour your requests, but know that if I ever as much as bite my tongue, this ship is going to go blast, and there won't be any nice view to look at for any of us. Do you understand?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 16, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »
Sepulchure

The Necrotic Blade began to laugh uncontrollably as fluffy hovered behind Sepulchure.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" It roared. "THESE FOOLS DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON." Its laughter echoed through the ship. "WHAT'S EVEN FUNNIER IS THAT THESE FOOLS ARE THE SMARTEST PEOPLE WE'VE MET ALL DAY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA."

Unlike the Blade, Sepulchure was not amused. They had not heeded his warning, while the man had had the good sense to follow his order, both him and the woman were demanding him to treat them as equals. He might have shown them that their situation in a more physical manner, but their quick following of the order had left him in a mood where he felt lenient.

"You two don't understand, I see. I am feeling lenient, so I'll tell you one more time. You may be the captain, but you aren't in charge. Know this, and accept it as fact. You are not in control, I am." Turning to the woman, he continued. "And who are you to demand respect from me? Do you deign to show respect to ants?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 16, 2015, 01:03:03 AM »
As Medaka met his gaze, she knew the situation had turned from bad to worse, yet she could not back down to this man.  She would rather be dead than disrespected by another in this fashion.

"With a great sense of firmness in her voices she says, Ants are creatures that deserve respect.  They can lift over 10 times their own weight and are quite intelligent for their size, able to infiltrate the homes of humans.  Surely an Ant deserves recognition, even if they are easy to crush."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:13:41 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 16, 2015, 01:10:45 AM »
"Aye! Ants are fierce, have you ever steeped on one of their anthills? They will ravage you I tell you, ravage you! Surely ants will someday rule the world." Lorenzo responded, his voice unshaking as he backed up Medaka's wise words.

"Besides, I am no ant. If I was, I wouldn't be nearly as charming. Same for the lovely lass who graces our presence."

Then, the pirate sighed before descending from his post, now on equal footing to the armoured man. Looking at him with his golden eyes, he grunted in annoyance. Yes, a bead of sweat just rolled off his eyebrow, quite unpleasant.

"So, we are up as you can see. What else do you need? I doubt you would fancy any drinks, and you don't look quite hungry to me."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 16, 2015, 01:14:37 AM »
"Aye! Ants are fierce, have you ever steeped on one of their anthills? They will ravage you I tell you, ravage you! Surely ants will someday rule the world." Lorenzo responded, his voice unshaking as he backed up Medaka's wise words.

"Besides, I am no ant. If I was, I wouldn't be nearly as charming. Same for the lovely lass who graces our presence."

Then, the pirate sighed before descending from his post, now on equal footing to the armoured man. Looking at him with his golden eyes, he grunted in annoyance. Yes, a bead of sweat just rolled off his eyebrow, quite unpleasant.

"So, we are up as you can see. What else do you need? I doubt you would fancy any drinks, and you don't look quite hungry to me."

Sepulchure grunted in discust. "You are quite correct, ants are strong. Likening you two to them was a grave disservice to them. Now I want to you take me around the city, I wish to find a sutiable place to set up my rule from."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 16, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »
Medaka sighed.  Then she faced her new pirate companion. "I am not ruler of this ship and therefore don't have the right to call the shots.  Besides, I would like nothing more than to see the city myself.  Go ahead Lorenzo, let us enjoy a tour of the city."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 16, 2015, 01:49:08 AM »
"Tsk, you really are a bastard you know that?" said Lorenzo, clearly displeased with this turn of events.
That man was but a dog, an arrogant dog. He hated people like that, but without a clear plan or way to whoop him, there was no way he could oppose him.

Or maybe...

Lorenzo said not a word, the ship began to move aimlessly, flying over the city to give the two a good view. However, slowly but surely, the fiery fortune was gaining in altitude. He was aiming to go higher up, whatever Lorenzo's planned at least required such a thing. Of course, he made sure to have the boat move up at a slow pace, doing his best to leave such a thing unnoticed to all.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 16, 2015, 02:19:19 AM »
"Tsk, you really are a bastard you know that?" said Lorenzo, clearly displeased with this turn of events.
That man was but a dog, an arrogant dog. He hated people like that, but without a clear plan or way to whoop him, there was no way he could oppose him.

Or maybe...

Lorenzo said not a word, the ship began to move aimlessly, flying over the city to give the two a good view. However, slowly but surely, the fiery fortune was gaining in altitude. He was aiming to go higher up, whatever Lorenzo's planned at least required such a thing. Of course, he made sure to have the boat move up at a slow pace, doing his best to leave such a thing unnoticed to all.

Sepulchure ignored the man's feeble insults. They were nothing to get upset about after all. He simply looked upon the city as the ship lazily sailed around it. The sweeping skyscrapers, the shoddy dark age shantys, the townhouses, he glanced at them as he searched, uninterested in them.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 16, 2015, 02:26:55 AM »
It seemed the man was still composed, unfazed by his surroundings as if detached. Thankfully he had not noticed the fact they were gaining altitude at a constant pace. As more buildings and houses were crossed by the great ship, the pirate took his time to gain his composure.

Calmly, he looked at the man with an almost nonchalant look before smirking.
"Do you gamble?" asked Lorenzo, his eyes piercing the armored man like a thousand blades.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 16, 2015, 02:30:26 AM »
It seemed the man was still composed, unfazed by his surroundings as if detached. Thankfully he had not noticed the fact they were gaining altitude at a constant pace. As more buildings and houses were crossed by the great ship, the pirate took his time to gain his composure.

Calmly, he looked at the man with an almost nonchalant look before smirking.
"Do you gamble?" asked Lorenzo, his eyes piercing the armored man like a thousand blades.

Sepulchure continued to gaze at the city. He ignored the man's question, not even deigning to acknowledge he'd asked anything. "Tch. Bring us further that way." He said.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 16, 2015, 02:31:52 AM »
Medaka got ready to move.  Her mind was focused, ready to react to any situation, ready to help her new companion.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 16, 2015, 02:34:37 AM »
Lorenzo ignored the man's request, pretending he heard not a thing. Instead, he kept piercing the armored man with his glare.
"I am afraid I can't do that. The ship, while I can control it, only follows my will. I am sure you understand, while I am trying to accomodate you, the ship's interests greatly differ from your own. I am afraid... it will not move for much longer."

With that, the ship shook violently, as if an earthquake rumbled in the very core of the Fiery Fortune.

"Do you like to gamble?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 16, 2015, 02:40:03 AM »
Lorenzo ignored the man's request, pretending he heard not a thing. Instead, he kept piercing the armored man with his glare.
"I am afraid I can't do that. The ship, while I can control it, only follows my will. I am sure you understand, while I am trying to accomodate you, the ship's interests greatly differ from your own. I am afraid... it will not move for much longer."

With that, the ship shook violently, as if an earthquake rumbled in the very core of the Fiery Fortune.

"Do you like to gamble?"

"YOU SEEM TO ENJOY IT, HAHAHA! ARE YOU OFFERING YOUR LIVES AS THE ANTE?" The Doom Blade laughed. It found this entire situation uproaiously funny.

"Sepulchure turned and met the man's piercing glare with his own. Sepulchure's glare was filled with malice and disdain. "I'm sure you think you're strong. And you very well may be right. However, don't get cocky. I am leagues above anything you could possibly imagine in your wildest dreams. I will give you one final chance, after that I can't promise you'll get out of here in one piece."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 16, 2015, 02:51:36 AM »
"Good grief, that is a scary thought." Lorenzo muttered, his body unshaking and as calm as a lake.

"Well, I don't see why you'd consider me strong, I thought I was lowlier than an ant... Well, I wonder what that makes of the man who seeks assistance of men lower than ants." Lorenzo chuckled, humoring the armored man even as the ship shook further and further.

Unfazed by that fiend's words, he simply took a flask of rum before taking a sip of it. "The point still stands sir, my innermost will is not something even I can change, it would be alike going against my most subconcious instinct you see? I am afraid even if you were to kill me or subjugate me trough a spell, the ship's will would stay the same. Again, it's will clearly opposes your own, and of that I cannot do much, even if it is my ship." said Lorenzo, now smirking.

This, of course, was but a lie. But that man had no way of verifying such a thing, the one truth that was unfounded was that even if he was to be cursed or slain, the ship would not change of owner. Even more, if he was to die, the ship would fade away and would never rise again.

"Now, if you were to claim the ship yourself, that could make a difference. After all, the Fiery Fortune is only to follow the desires of it's owner. So, how about it... do you like to gamble?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 16, 2015, 03:00:32 AM »
"Good grief, that is a scary thought." Lorenzo muttered, his body unshaking and as calm as a lake.

"Well, I don't see why you'd consider me strong, I thought I was lowlier than an ant... Well, I wonder what that makes of the man who seeks assistance of men lower than ants." Lorenzo chuckled, humoring the armored man even as the ship shook further and further.

Unfazed by that fiend's words, he simply took a flask of rum before taking a sip of it. "The point still stands sir, my innermost will is not something even I can change, it would be alike going against my most subconcious instinct you see? I am afraid even if you were to kill me or subjugate me trough a spell, the ship's will would stay the same. Again, it's will clearly opposes your own, and of that I cannot do much, even if it is my ship." said Lorenzo, now smirking.

This, of course, was but a lie. But that man had no way of verifying such a thing, the one truth that was unfounded was that even if he was to be cursed or slain, the ship would not change of owner. Even more, if he was to die, the ship would fade away and would never rise again.

"Now, if you were to claim the ship yourself, that could make a difference. After all, the Fiery Fortune is only to follow the desires of it's owner. So, how about it... do you like to gamble?"
Sepulchure sighed. The man feebly tried to fool him with such an obvious lie. What kind of magical ship couldn't be actively controled, not only was he an insect, he was an exceptionally dumb one at that. "So you wish to gamble. Very  well, if you can defeat me, I shall allow you to leave in peace. Or, you can back down and show a modicum of intelligence. It's up to you."