Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474418 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2025 on: March 17, 2015, 11:18:52 PM »
Medaka felt pretty guilty.  Her rash behavior took the arm of her new friend.  Still, there was nothing she could do about it now.  She had to figure out a way to escape.  She could hide in the ship but after looking though the hole she made, she realized that it's not the best place to hide.  Still, it could be a good place to fight a more tactical battle.

In the brief moment that the man fell she focused all her strength to break free from the hold of the darkness.  She dashed towards Lorenzo and the man at top speed.  Then she used the replication technique to create clones of herself, hoping to distract the man.  She attempted to grab Lorenzo and leave the ship.  The moment she grabs him she will shout, "Lorenzo the Pirate, flip the ship!"

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:22:34 AM by yinsukin »

theunknownhero

• Amnesic Wanderer
  • Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38:21 PM »
Shirou (HF)

We land right in front of the other me, with Rider and Sakura both getting off. As I look at him, I can't help but clench my left arm, as I then turn to Sakura recalling the battles I had using power ahead of my years to try and save her. In the end, it cost me my body, but thanks to Illya I'm still here. Looking at the other me, he must be someone who never gave up on his ideal to be a hero of justice. I let out a smile as I think of the differences between us and the paths we took. I decided that in end I would protect Sakura even if I had to give up my ideal in doing so. I wonder what kind resolve this other me has for sticking to his ideal. Still, even if he is me, I won't let him get away if he does anything to hurt Sakura. Still, at this point my body isn't in any position to fight. Even so, I keep my gaze fixed on the other me, watching to see his response to Sakura's kindness.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:56:55 PM by theunknownhero »
Even I have something I must protect.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 18, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
Suiren

Suiren waited until her opponent left until she let out a tired sigh.   Her hand reached up and she ran it through her hair. She was annoyed, angry and man she needed to find some way to relax.

She heard the skeleton man’s word and chuckled, “Less unsightly and more annoying as all hell.” Then she groaned as she stretched her arms, her joints cracking, “I was having a decent time before that shit too.” She mumbled.

He looked at the skeleton, and put on of her hand on her hip, “So, what’s your deal?” She said with a raised eyebrow.

Just

Just actually laughed harder at the girl’s obvious apologizing and shame, while there was an obvious language barrier some things were just obvious, no matter who they were.

Still, they would have to figure out the whole talking issue, but from saying the word Rude, no matter how mangled it was, showed she had some understanding.

He pointed at himself, “Just.” Then he walked over to the girl and pointed at her stomach, “You hungry?” He said with a teasing grin.

It was obvious she hasn’t eaten, no one has. The kitchen was destroyed after all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:25:12 AM by Knick »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 18, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »
Natara

Natara's eyes widened in surprise as the swarm of pursuer's appeared. The Chalice bubbled in anticipation as Natara was ready to pray but she restrained herself as her protector leaped in front of her and began to repel the invaders. She was both surprised and relieved considering that there would be no reason to call upon The Chalice however she hadn't expected the man to be so capable as his staff changed lengths and effortlessly bashed the creatures away.

Regardless this wasn't the time to get laid-back. The words of a prayer were on her lips of her eyes scanned the two entrances filled with ninjas and the top of the buildings to make sure there were no more surprises.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 18, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »
Medaka felt pretty guilty.  Her rash behavior took the arm of her new friend.  Still, there was nothing she could do about it now.  She had to figure out a way to escape.  She could hide in the ship but after looking though the hole she made, she realized that it's not the best place to hide.  Still it could be a good place to fight a more tactical battle.

In the brief moment that the man fell she focused all her strength to break free from the hold of the darkness.  She dashed towards Lorenzo and the man at top speed.  Then she used the replication technique to create clones of herself, hoping to distract the man.  She attempted to grab Lorenzo and leave the ship.  The moment she grabs him she will shout, "Lorenzo the Pirate, flip the ship!"

Sepulchure drew the Necrotic Blade and slashed at the three girls in an attempt to cut her down where she stood. His blade brutally hit the necks of the first two, but the third one ducked beneath it just in time for his blade to miss by a hair. His body began to warp, completely covered in darkness. It became something-not quite human. Darkness began to eminate from him, creeping towards the two.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 18, 2015, 03:53:46 AM »
Lorenzo's eyes widened in horror as the armored man vanished, only to reappear aboard the ship. Before he could even react, a powerful punch crashed at his arm, the sound of shattering bone clearly audible as it rang in a ghastly echo between the pirate's ears.

His face twisted in a terrifying display of hatred, anger and agony. His golden irises glowing like the fires of hell, he kept himself from making a single sound. He would not let that cur have the pleasure to hear him in such a state, not in this life or the next.

Then in a sudden twist of fate, Medaka somehow liberated herself from the dark tendrils, and briefly clashed against that monster. Their movements were blurred, far too fast for even him to make out what exactly happened, but he could clearly tell she was outmatched.

Still, she had managed to make it trough and free him as well, altough that would be a most brief advantage. That scoundrel was now turning into something dark...monstruous, like his own heart. He didn't have any time to speak, think or ponder on his situation. Instincivel, he ran as fast as he could along Medaka, using all the energy he had to make the ship flip behind him in order to gain higher ground.

At the same time, multiple cannons boomed and released countless cannonballs to keep that fiend at bay, at least long enough to have him buy time.

"Don't let go!" Lorenzo roared before leaping from the dock, the ship's bottom now facing him as the two began to fall.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 18, 2015, 07:16:15 AM »
EMIYA SHIROU

The white pegasus landed with gracefullness to rival angels, at which point the passengers disembarked. The other him and the tall, blindfolded woman that smelled vaguely of blood waited by the winged horse, while the shorter purplehead ran up to him. Shirou’s eyes widened slightly in surprise but he made no move to defend himself. The girl just seemed too harmless. Sure enough, she came to a stop right in front of him and looked him over excitedly, both hands held behind her back, making her look rather cute.

“Senpai, you’ve got something on your face.” She said. “Hold on, I think I have a cloth somewhere..."

“My face?” Shirou said awkwardly, blinking at the girl as she rummaged through her pockets. Deja vu was hitting him hard now, he definitely knew her from somewhere but it just wasn’t coming to mind. Her flowing pinkish-purple hair, similar colored eyes, the way she called him Senpai… wait, there was someone like that back in High School. His kohai he had once been close to all those years ago.

“Sakura?” he said, his voice not quite sure. It had been a long time since he had seen his junior, he wasn’t sure how to react now.

AKIHOLARME

First stop on the agenda was the “gym” that Ass Man had wanted to visit. It seemed an interesting place, and if it was a place to train and duel other fighters as she suspected, finding fresh clothes could wait until after she’d had fun there. Rebeca led the way of course. Aki was sure that she could find the place again after having been there once, but the young girl clearly wanted to be helpful.

“So,” the last dragonborn started once she caught sight of their destination just down the street. “Do you know what people do in this place?”

ANATU

Anatu cringed at the man’s laughter, not sure if it was a good or bad sign. She looked up at him when he spoke, and realized from the way he pointed to himself that he had just told her his name. “Just” then took a step closer and pointed directly at her stomach before saying a few words she didn’t know. She took a step backwards and her brow furrowed, not sure what he was getting at. Perhaps he was asking if she was hungry?

“No,” she said in her almost lyrical native tongue. The ancient human shook her head profusely, causing her long, messy hair to flail about. She didn’t dare make herself even more of a burden on these people, even though she really did want something to eat. She stared off to the side awkwardly, unsure of how to act around her hosts. She knew their leader was kind and most likely safe, but the others were a blank slate.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 18, 2015, 02:43:48 PM »
Medaka knew that this would only hold the man for a minute and even that could be a stretch.  While in midair she holds Lorenzo over her head and takes a pencil dive position, increasing her fall speed.  She aims her body towards the rooftop of a large office building. Then, she attempts to smash through the roof of the building using the momentum of her fall and powerful feet.  At the moment of impact she moves him from a overhead lift position into one that is closer to a hug.  This position is meant to reduce the damage from the impact of the fall.  Lorenzo will still feel pain but the most of the shock will go to Medaka.

If this works, she will move both her and Lorenzo onto the bottom floor, while using her replication technique to leave afterimages as a distraction.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:48:03 PM by yinsukin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 18, 2015, 05:22:22 PM »
Butler

The light in Butler's eye tingled with amusement as he answered. "Oh, I'm but a humble servant looking for a worthy master." Then he walked closer to Suiren, taking a good look at her face. With a thoughtful hum, he drew back. "I do believe you could use some calming tea. If you'll wait a minute I will get things ready."

Shadowkhan

The shadowkhan who were knocked away with enough force, smacking into walls or the ground, disappeared in puffs of black smoke, but were replaced by even more of their number. The circle of enemies tightened around the man and the woman as several attacked as one. He could not toss every single one away while protecting her, and they both faced dogpiles of the shadowy ninjas attempting to fulfill their orders.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:23:00 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 18, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
Adjutor allows a moment to heave a relieved sigh as the rampant lust finally starts to fade before the woman's words register.

"No need to thank me," the teen says, the healing magic sparking to life, sealing up all of Mordred's wounds, "And it's still me. The guy from the hospital."

Finally, the magic finishes its work, rejuvenating the non-human as Adjutor offers a hand to help her back up.

Mordred

"Huh, you don't look like that boy bothered me before." she commented. Certainly he looked different than before, now clad in his armor. She propped herself up with his support. "Thanks, I guess. You didn't need to help somebody who asked you about that vampire. I think it confirms you are a bit too trusting for your own good, you know." she sighed "Don't let yourself deceived by such a leech. The more friendly they seem the more rotten inside they are."

It was baffling how people here could trust undead so easily, but that was not her greatest concern. That Ito man was more immediately dangerous than some vampire.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:31:25 PM by Kat »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 18, 2015, 08:03:35 PM »
Medaka knew that this would only hold the man for a minute and even that could be a stretch.  While in midair she holds Lorenzo over her head and takes a pencil dive position, increasing her fall speed.  She aims her body towards the rooftop of a large office building. Then, she attempts to smash through the roof of the building using the momentum of her fall and powerful feet.  At the moment of impact she moves him from a overhead lift position into one that is closer to a hug.  This position is meant to reduce the damage from the impact of the fall.  Lorenzo will still feel pain but the most of the shock will go to Medaka.

If this works, she will move both her and Lorenzo onto the bottom floor, while using her replication technique to leave afterimages as a distraction.

Sepulchure's form regained its clarity as he was bombarded by cannon fire. The loud explosions shook the very air around him,  Any normal being would have been vaporized by the salvo. However, Sepulchure had long ago ceased to be a normal being. To him, this fearsome attack was no more dangerous than a child throwing a tantrum. He had grown extremely weary of their antics. He called fourth an enormous ball of dark energy, larger than the pirate ship itself, and send it hurtling towards the ship. The magical cannonballs were disintigrated by the soaring sphere of death. As it made contact with the hull, it exploded, vaporizing the ship.

Sepulchure then looked down at the rapidly approaching ground, then at the pair of fools. He would land shortly before the two, judging by their current speeds. His feet made contact with the ground, leaving a spiderweb of cracked pavement in the street as he belined at top speed for the two. He leapt up the building, rapidly approaching Medaka and Lorenzo.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:35:05 PM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 18, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
No way.

Lorenzo's heart almost stopped short as he witnessed his ship being annihilated on the spot, that bastard had pulled an orb of energy of sort, and with it his boat simply...vanished.

It was now clear, that fiend was more dangerous than any beast he ever encountered in his life. Nothing could stop it, not even that abomination that claimed his life back then. And with that, Lorenzo despaired once again.

His body was now sweating profusely, growing as cold as a corpse and shaking uncontrollably. By now, his expression was livid and pale, almost sickly. It was clear, Lorenzo was going to lose it any moment. This was just like that day, nothing had changed since that goddamn day, nothing.

And than that monster's armored feet made contact with the ground, leaving a spiderweb of cracked pavement in the street as he belined at top speed for the two.

Eyes widening in horror once more, Lorenzo shook Medaka off, his body cold and trembling as if it was to crumble any second now. As that man rushed at them, his face twisted and he cried a shrieking wail.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Using his unbroken arm, he quickly grabbed onto his trusty flintlock. As it squeezed on the gun's trigger, the pirate stopped breathing and shaking alltogether. About five shots fired, sparks bursting from the flintlock's barrel and growing into flames  before launching themselves at the armored man, growing exponentially as they flew and taking the shape of birdlike creatures.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 18, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »
...Pantheon's sake, are these things endless? And they're not even any fun to fight, just brush 'em away and they vanish...

The poison slowing his movements was starting to take its toll. Ordinarily, fending these fools off indefinitely wouldn't have been too much of a problem, but as he was now... He needed to get out...

...Going to need a distraction first...

A massive sweeping stroke gave the immortal the breathing room he needed to asses the current situation, look around for a-

Perfect.

Lengthening the staff out to its twelve-foot form, Michael reached over to the side, grabbing another dumpster, likely servicing the other building in this alleyway. Grabbing the staff with both hand and bracing on the ground, Michael took a moment to enhance everything except for the injured leg before pulling with everything he could muster, the stabs of pain from bracing his injured foot on the ground drawing grunts that were drowned out by the high-pitched screech of the dumpster rapidly smashing through the ranks of the Shadowkhan before he let it fly, the dumpster carrying enough momentum to clear a path to the nearest exit. Michael was already moving, grabbing up Chalice girl and hefting her up over one shoulder as he sprinted towards the opening, the stabs of pain from his wounded leg keeping him lucid as he made to leave the alley.

"It's just armor," Adjutor said, shrugging as the non-human made her way to her feet, "And there's no need to thank me. Just a simple healing spell, that's all."

"All that aside," the teen continues, "I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. I've been in her house, and aside from her choice in diet, she seems rather...human, for lack of a better term, for a vampire."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:03:07 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 18, 2015, 09:47:41 PM »
Eyes widening in horror once more, Lorenzo shook Medaka off, his body cold and trembling as if it was to crumble any second now. As that man rushed at them, his face twisted and he cried a shrieking wail.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

They landed in the building but Medaka did not run away with him as she planned.  She looked at Lorenzo with guilt overwhelming her.  In the past, if any enemy threatened her or her friends she was more than powerful enough to stop them.  In fact, she was even afraid to a degree to show her power, fearing isolation.  However, her lack of power and her confrontational personality had cost her new friend his sanity.  Anger surged within her.  She was angry at herself and most importantly angry at the armored man.

"Using his unbroken arm, he quickly grabbed onto his trusty flintlock. As it squeezed on the gun's trigger, the pirate stopped breathing and shaking alltogether. About five shots fired, sparks bursting from the flintlock's barrel and growing into flames  before launching themselves at the armored man, growing exponentially as they flew and taking the shape of birdlike creatures."

That was the final trigger.  Medaka's hair turned a bright red.  Her normal confidence and charisma replaced with an unnerving and evil presence.  She watched the attack hit, waiting for an opening.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 19, 2015, 01:15:03 AM »
Sakura~

[/quote]

EMIYA SHIROU

The white pegasus landed with gracefullness to rival angels, at which point the passengers disembarked. The other him and the tall, blindfolded woman that smelled vaguely of blood waited by the winged horse, while the shorter purplehead ran up to him. Shirou’s eyes widened slightly in surprise but he made no move to defend himself. The girl just seemed too harmless. Sure enough, she came to a stop right in front of him and looked him over excitedly, both hands held behind her back, making her look rather cute.

“Senpai, you’ve got something on your face.” She said. “Hold on, I think I have a cloth somewhere..."

“My face?” Shirou said awkwardly, blinking at the girl as she rummaged through her pockets. Deja vu was hitting him hard now, he definitely knew her from somewhere but it just wasn’t coming to mind. Her flowing pinkish-purple hair, similar colored eyes, the way she called him Senpai… wait, there was someone like that back in High School. His kohai he had once been close to all those years ago.

“Sakura?” he said, his voice not quite sure. It had been a long time since he had seen his junior, he wasn’t sure how to react now.

Sakura cocked her head, confused. “Yes?” She asked him. “Is something wrong, Senpai?” All the while, she continued rifling through her pockets. “Oh! I found it, hold that thought, ok?” She said, pulling out a small cloth. She raised it to his face and began to rub. “This doesn’t seem to want to get off.” She told him, rubbing more vigorously.