Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474291 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2055 on: March 20, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
Sepulchure

Sepulchure watched in annoyance as the girl escaped through a hole in the roof, but he didn't have time to linger on it, as suddenly the air itself exploded around him witha ferocity that might melt iron. Unlike the previous attacks that he had simply shrugged off, this one was different. This fire burned with the passion of a desperate man. It tried to eat away at Sepulchure, to completely obliterate him with its righteous fury. It forced him to cover his face.

It, however, was unable to do the job. After it dissipated, Sepulchure remained. He was angry; no longer just annoyed.

Before he could act on his murderous impulses, however, he noticed from the corner of his eye a man descending from the sky casting a spell. Sepulchure took a defensive stance, but fell down on the ground as soon as it hit, instantly destroying his magical reserves and causing immense feedback on his body. While a good portion of it was nullified by his defenses, the great energy of his magical reserves fought against him, attempting to rip him to shreds from the inside. He collapsed to the ground, and vomited out a mass of green blood which left a stain on the roof.

Sepulchure looked back up just in time to see the being show it's true colours: it manifested as a magestic dragon that swooped down at him. He stood himself back up and activated the powers of his dragon amulet. Fluffy grew to a truely immense size, as big as a tall tower, and roared silently. Sepulchure lept onto Fluffy's back, and they flew to confront the interloping dragon.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 20, 2015, 02:58:21 PM »
As Medaka took her stance against the dark man, she heard a mutter from her friend on the rooftop.  In the next moment the building was engulfed in flames.  This was Lorenzo's final attack.  Fire engulfed the dark man and everything around her.  While she obviously was not the intended target, her body still burned.  This was not enough to kill her but there was no way she could fight after taking after taking a hit like that.  Her skin was now extreamy sensitive from the burns.  If she tried to fight hand to hand, she would hurt herself just as much as her opponent.  This was it.  They were going to die in a massive, glorious explosion.

After the fire subsided, Medaka noticed a claw reaching out to her.  She looked up and saw a beautiful dragon.  In the other claw she noticed that Lorenzo was held there, safe from harm.  She trusted that the dragon was a friend not a foe, coming to save them.  She jumped onto the claw, changing back to her normal form.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:28:05 PM by yinsukin »

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 20, 2015, 08:14:55 PM »
EMIYA SHIROU

Well. Shirou had gotten odd looks and some interesting reactions to his outlandish appearance before, but this was the first time someone had ever mistaken his altered skin pigment for a coffee stain. Sakura started rubbing his cheek more firmly, getting frustrated that his skin stubbornly remained brown.

He opened his mouth to tell the purplehead that she was going to need a lot more than a rag to fix his appearance, but the voluptuous woman standing beside the pegasus beat him to it. It sounded as though she were trying not to snicker.

“She’s right, this is just the way I look now, Sakura,” Shirou said while gently removing Sakura’s hand from his face. The other version of himself, who he had been trying to ignore, spoke out then, wanting to know what to do. The archer frowned, not wanting to be delayed further. Much as he was confused about Sakura’s presence here and morbidly curious about the company she was keeping, he still had to find Mia.

“I’m sorry Sakura, but there isn’t time for reunions now.”

AKIHOLARME

Aki’s pace picked up when Rebeca confirmed her suspicions about what the establishment was for. She grinned, excited at the prospect of new foes to test herself against. Just as she reached the door, however, her companion spoke up once again.

“Hm? Sure, speak your mind,” she replied, wondering what the girl could have to say.

ANATU

The Babylonian was so wrapped up in her worries that she didn’t notice Just move closer until his finger poked at her forehead. She recoiled with a squeak of surprise before looking up at him again. He spoke, but she didn’t recognize most of the words. However, there was one thing she picked out.

“Friends?” she repeated hesitantly. She had understood these people were friends, companions to each other, but was he saying this applied to her as well? It sounded too good to be true.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 20, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »
Ito Kizumi

"Nothing?"

Ito chuckled, his blank expression barely hiding his amusement to that man. Yes, he was selling himself short no doubt, even an amateur could tell just how strong he was. Was he not wearing a scarf covering his mouth, his grin would have perhaps chilled all that stood around to the bone.

"You intrigue me. I wonder, what do you think of this city?" the ninja whispered, approaching that intriguing man with care without making as much of a sound, his steps so light they seemed almost ghost-like.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 20, 2015, 10:21:01 PM »
"Well," Cole says as he casts his gaze out to the city once more, "If this place is anything like Empire City, it's filled with the strong and the weak. The strong who do as they please and the weak who are nothing more than their playthings. I was the strongest in Empire City, but here," Cole allows a chuckle "Well, I guess we'll have to find out. And what about you? What's your story?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 20, 2015, 11:07:50 PM »
Ito Kizumi

"Oh? So you are the strongest..."

Ito closed his eyes, sighing with a bitter chuckle. It seemed this city had even more freaks than he thought. So many to challenge him, he could reach new heights. And that man would be his first step to the top. His eyes now brimmed with the slightest tint of bloodlust, but it quickly faded away as soon as Ito became aware of it. He was starting to sink into his old habits...

But this is just so much fun.

"I am just a killer, I guess not everyone can have a glamorous story to tell. Sorry to break it to you, but I don't. However..."

"If you truly are the strongest, and I were to beat you, wouldn't I become the strongest?" Ito sneered in a jovial whisper, a single shiver giving away his excitement.

Yes, forget that woman, that person just awakened yet another itch in the ninja. And it would take so much more to appease it, so much more. This city was surely filled with interesting people.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 20, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
Cole considered the ninja's challenge for a moment, then black lightning surged forth, arcing around his arms.

"I'm probably not the strongest here," he admits, still sitting on the transformer.

With that, he raises a hand, black lightning already pouring forth as a flurry of bolts shot towards the ninja.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 21, 2015, 01:08:34 AM »
Sakura

“What do you mean it’s not dirt, of course it’s dirt-” She began to tell Rider off. After all, what else could it be? She’d never heard of anything that could change the skin tone of somebody like this. Her rubbing had reached a crescendo when Shirou interrupted her as he softly removed her hand from his face.

“She’s right, this is just the way I look now, Sakura.” He told her.

“Eh?” Sakura made a soft noise of confusion. What? What does he mean by that, why would he have changed like this? She wondered. She looked at him once more. What should have been overwhelmingly white was instead mostly the dirty brown she had been attempting to wipe off, with only splotches of his original skin tone. His hair, on the contrary, seemed to have gone through the opposite process: What should have been short ginger locks seem to have been turning white. As white as the snow had been on the day she had arrived here. She recalled the loneliness and the shock of it all. She began to tremble a bit at the thought of being alone once more.

At that moment she noticed he had begun to frown. Her confusion turned to distress. Did I do something wrong? Why is he upset? She scrunched up her face and looked up at his towering form and blinked back tears. ”He’s leaving you. She heard someone whisper in her ear. She whirled around, searching for the nonexistent source.

“I’m sorry Sakura, but there isn’t time for reunions now.” Upon hearing Shirou, she spun back as quickly as she had turned away.  ”He’s going away... It hissed at her once more.

Sakura grabbed quickly grabbed him and shook her head rapidly, trying to shake away her fears. “NO!” She yelled. “No, you’re wrong! I’ve been looking for you for three years, you’re not allowed to run off! You can’t leave, what’s so important that you can’t stay and catch up. I have so many questions! For both of you! Senpai, why is your skin turning brown, why are your eyes grey, why is your hair white? What did you do. You’re not allowed to show up and just leave!”

”He is.”

“No, he isn’t? He’s not allowed to leave!” She yelled, both at the voice and Shirou. “You can’t. I forbid it! Senpai, do you understand?" She looked at him with a defiant and stubborn expression.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:14:16 AM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 21, 2015, 02:26:35 AM »
Ito instinctively moved out of the way as soon as the man waved his arm, dashing to reach his blind spot and avoiding the projectiles. They were fast, he was unsure if he could dodge them completely, but unlike his weapon, that man was quite slow. Moving as quickly as a bullet and as furtively as a shadow, multiple afterimages followed him, moving in all directions to confuse his opponent.

With a quick wave of his hand, the ninja seemed to swat at nothing, but it was but a ruse: multiple kunais were now flying towards his vitals.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:27:49 AM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 21, 2015, 03:26:42 AM »
The afterimages were all the cue the Conduit needed to wave his hands, firing off an Electromagnetic Pulse at the after images. He didn't manage to hit the ninja, but a quiet clang followed by the thud of steel embedding into flesh told him that he'd managed to deflect the frontal part of an attack from all sides. From just one guy.

Damn, he's fast.

Shrugging off the little stabs of pain, Cole let his body's electricity run wild for a moment, coursing through the knives and any conductive surfaces they were in contact with before looking around for the ninja, overcharging himself enough that time seemed to slow to a crawl around him. Looking around, he managed to spot the ninja. He's moving too weirdly to try to line up a head shock, so Cole instead opts for a body shot, firing off a couple overcharged shot towards the ninja's center mass.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 21, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
Butler

He nodded, "Excellent!" And with an exaggerated gesture, he stepped away and vanished into thin air. Not a minute after, he returned, placing down a circular table and two chairs on the approximate flattest bit of surface near Suiren. A tablecloth was laid on top of it, unfurled from a piece of cloth Butler pulled from his pockets. With another bow, he vanished once again. When next he showed, two cups, a teapot, and teabags were on the table; and finally a kettle and a small portable stove.

With practiced english method, Butler began to boil the water. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers, mumbling to himself, "How forgetful of me."

In an instant, he went and came back with spoons and a sugar cube container. Just as the water began to boil and he turned off the stove, filled the teapot, and started to make the tea proper.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:38:24 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 21, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
Urthemiel

The Dragon of Beauty leaped back at the sight of the significantly larger dragon and with a mighty beat of his wings the Old God flew away from undead dragon towards the more crowded parts of the city. Urthemiel knew he couldn't match such a huge beast with physical strength, especially an undead one, so he would outmaneuver it. The layout of the city placed building and structures too close together for the opposing dragon to fly through without crashing into them, and while the same applied for him in certain cases he had much more freedom.

His clawed hands clutched his two passengers firmly but gently as he sped through the air as quick as he possibly could.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 21, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »
Urthemiel

The Dragon of Beauty leaped back at the sight of the significantly larger dragon and with a mighty beat of his wings the Old God flew away from undead dragon towards the more crowded parts of the city. Urthemiel knew he couldn't match such a huge beast with physical strength, especially an undead one, so he would outmaneuver it. The layout of the city placed building and structures too close together for the opposing dragon to fly through without crashing into them, and while the same applied for him in certain cases he had much more freedom.

His clawed hands clutched his two passengers firmly but gently as he sped through the air as quick as he possibly could.

Fluffy

Fluffy followed the other dragon with a mindless persistence that only the undead could possess. He faithfully obeyed his Rider's wishes, keeping its empty eyes trained on the enemy. Fluffy flew high up above the buildings that the smaller dragon was tucking and weaving through, letting loose volleys of shadowy breath, uncaring of collateral damage.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 21, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »
"W-what..." the pirate groaned, slowly waking up as his eyes opened. Looking down, he saw the pretty cityscape from higbh up. It was quite the nice city, the sight was gorgeous and the wind hitting his face was quite refreshing. Flying wasn't so bad.

Wait, flying?

Then Lorenzo looked up and saw a dragon, then he looked around and saw another dragon, a skeletal dragon. He was quite spooked. Then he realized he was being held by the less skeletal dragon, and that the spooky skeleton dragon was breathing that sickening black aura.

The realisation hit him harder than the 100 greatest rock hits in the 1960's.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" Lorenzo shrieked, his shrilling voice barking and roaring as the dragon carried him on.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 22, 2015, 03:05:15 AM »
After reverting back to her normal form and climbing into the claws of the friendly dragon, Medaka found herself exhausted and covered in third degree burns.  Still she was happy to see that her new friend was safe.  Still, they were not out of danger yet, as the beautiful friendly dragon engaged with an undead one.  She had no idea how that got there but she knew it had something to do with the dark man.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! WHAT IS HAPPENING!?" Lorenzo shrieked, his shrilling voice barking and roaring as the dragon carried him on.

As she heard this Medaka's state of mind returned to normal.  She felt relived that her actions had not cost Lorenzo his life or sanity.  After letting out a playful giggle  Medaka shouted back at her pirate friend.

"This dragon seems to be rescuing us.  It makes me happy to see that your ok.  If you had died I don't know what I would have done!"

Medaka smiled at Lorenzo, tears of relief in her eyes.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:09:35 PM by yinsukin »