Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474185 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2085 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
"You know," Adjutor says, stepping back as he tightens his armored grip on Tyrfing and Rahab, "Maybe you're right. Maybe I am naive. Maybe I am being too optimistic about her. Maybe I should just end her like I did the only other vampire I've met. But all of these are maybes. Unless you have some concrete evidence that this one is a Monster, don't act like it's already decided."

At that point, Valmanway and Laivatain finally reappear, already in their sheathes.

"Took you long enough," Adjutor says with a sighs before turning back to the non-human, "As for you, if my host turns out to be a Monster, then I won't hesitate to kill her the first chance I get. However, this is unlikely. The last vampire I hunted wasn't savage either, quite accommodating actually. But there are things that give them away. Little slips that you can notice if you're observant enough."

...Forest hasn't proved to be a Monster, yet this one seeks to hunt her.

The answer is obvious then.

Except this one isn't a Monster either.

We don't actually know that, but we can't decide either way.

That said, this could be problematic...

We could bait her...

"That said," the teen continues, steeling himself, "If it turns out that she's not a Monster and you're still of this opinion when you meet her, then you bet your non-human ass I'll get in your way."

Mordred

How did he know she was not a mortal? How preposterous to call her not a human while treating that undead creature like a one. She clenched her fists, itching to prove her point, but it was not that time for a fight. She was out of steam and there were enemies who deserved her wrath more. Still, she wasted her tongue on that fool:

"Are you messed up in the head? How else you call a walking corpse than feeds on humans? A monster. A vampire must be put down for its own good." she glared at the teen "This time I will let it be, but remember, you might call me a non-human, but I'm more human than that monster will ever be. And I don't give a damn about your judgement on what is a monster."   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:04:57 PM by Kat »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 22, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
Noel

Noel quickly gathered her things before she headed out the door. Putting on a long coat that looked to be a size too large for her, she ventured back out into the outside world. She began making her way to the nearest bus station, casually walking down the sidewalk without paying much attention to where she was going, focused on her own internal thoughts instead. Oh, I hope I make it on time, I don’t want to get chewed out again...

As a result of her worrying about getting in trouble, she failed to notice the large armored man wearing a cloak turn the corner before she ran into him. “OhmygoshI’msorry!” She quickly apologized. “I didn’t see you there-” After she got a better look at him, she realized he was enormous, probably even bigger than Hakumen, maybe even Tager! She nervously fidgeted, ready to summon Bolverk at a moment’s notice. “I-um, I’m really sorry...”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 22, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
Vanguard

Vanguard was lost in his thoughts for quite some time since he left that detestable fool. He pondered on many things, on his own past mistakes, on what he could and could not accomplish. But none of it would matter soon enough. This all devouring nexus, it seemed all the oddities had managed to find their way in.

Things would go smoothly, he simply needed to bide his time and wait for the events to unfold. Heaven would surely come and heed his call, but for now... he needed to wait. The denizens of this city were many, some mightier than others. That Surien could eventually impede him, her might rivaling his original strength, it would be unwise to let such an abherrance remain unwatched.

Yes, all of this, all these years where he waited, were for the sole purpouse to find the heaven the world would deny all. Would he have to wait for longer? No, he was already where he longed to reach, the heavens were already within his grasp. For now, he needed time.

So, his mind lost in his own machinations, Vanguard couldn't notice the girl who ran into him until it was too late. His train of thoughts had stopped once more, and he looked down upon what seemed to be a girl. No, that girl, her emerald eyes, that golden hair. Could she be...

"Alae?" Vanguard muttered, his core scrutinizing the woman who laid before her, his own colossal body of metal casting a shadow upon her.

"It's alright, there is no need to apologize, it is good to see you again. It's me, Vanguard."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 22, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »
Adjutor

"Okay, first of all, I called you non-human, not a Monster. There's a difference. And you can't just apply a judgement like that to everyone just being they're a vampire or a werewolf or something like that, barring truly extreme circumstances. And I don't really care about how much more or less human you are compared to anyone else. It isn't my place to judge how human someone or something is, only how Monstrous."

"Now," Adjutor continues, "I admit, it was a bit of a bad comparison, but the fact of the matter is that Forest isn't a Monster, and neither are you. Humanity isn't necessarily being human."

That aside, her willingness to fight the ninja for something relatively mild, her current stance...

She's not able to fight right now? Or perhaps her abilities run on some kind of energy, just not one we can detect...

"...But first," Adjutor can help but smile behind the armor, "You're 'letting me go', as you put it, this time, but is it out of mercy, or because you can't fight?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 22, 2015, 04:52:21 PM »
"Okay, first of all, I called you non-human, not a Monster. There's a difference. And you can't just apply a judgement like that to everyone just being they're a vampire or a werewolf or something like that, barring truly extreme circumstances. And I don't really care about how much more or less human you are compared to anyone else. It isn't my place to judge how human someone or something is, only how Monstrous."

"Now," Adjutor continues, "I admit, it was a bit of a bad comparison, but the fact of the matter is that Forest isn't a Monster, and neither are you. Humanity isn't necessarily being human."

That aside, her willingness to fight the ninja for something relatively mild, her current stance...

She's not able to fight right now? Or perhaps her abilities run on some kind of energy, just not one we can detect...

"...But first," Adjutor can help but smile behind the armor, "You're 'letting me go', as you put it, this time, but is it out of mercy, or because you can't fight?"

Mordred

"You keep preaching more and more, go join a Catholic seminary and find someone else to bother. I'm not interested in your ramblings. And figure it on your own, I'm done talking with you." she dismissed Adjutor, as she had better things to do than get worked up over the youth.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 22, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »
Adjutor

"..." Adjutor just stood there as she proceeded to brush him off, "...screw it, just know that if she's not a Monster and you come after her, I will probably be there."

With that, the teen turns away from the non-human and back to Ann.

"And what was that for?" Adjutor asks Death, feeling somewhat more secure with all of the Elementals with him.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 22, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »
Noel

Vanguard

Vanguard was lost in his thoughts for quite some time since he left that detestable fool. He pondered on many things, on his own past mistakes, on what he could and could not accomplish. But none of it would matter soon enough. This all devouring nexus, it seemed all the oddities had managed to find their way in.

Things would go smoothly, he simply needed to bide his time and wait for the events to unfold. Heaven would surely come and heed his call, but for now... he needed to wait. The denizens of this city were many, some mightier than others. That Surien could eventually impede him, her might rivaling his original strength, it would be unwise to let such an abherrance remain unwatched.

Yes, all of this, all these years where he waited, were for the sole purpouse to find the heaven the world would deny all. Would he have to wait for longer? No, he was already where he longed to reach, the heavens were already within his grasp. For now, he needed time.

So, his mind lost in his own machinations, Vanguard couldn't notice the girl who ran into him until it was too late. His train of thoughts had stopped once more, and he looked down upon what seemed to be a girl. No, that girl, her emerald eyes, that golden hair. Could she be...

"Alae?" Vanguard muttered, his core scrutinizing the woman who laid before her, his own colossal body of metal casting a shadow upon her.

"It's alright, there is no need to apologize, it is good to see you again. It's me, Vanguard."

“Eh?” Noel made a small noise. She’d never met anyone named Vanguard before in her life. At least, she didn’t think she had. She looked around, maybe he was addressing someone else? As she suspected, nobody else was there. She took a small step back before responding to him. “Uh-I’m sorry, but I don’t remember meeting you...”

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 22, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »
Vanguard was somewhat surprised by her reaction. She acted far too timidly to be Alae. But the resemblance, it was far too uncanny to be but a mere coincidence.

Could it be that she was from a different record alltogether, but one where a being similar in form to the Alea he knew existed? The more he thought about it, the more he felt perhaps it was not so unlikely.

Still, if she was here, it meant that perhaps the actual Alae was in this nexus as well. The very thought made his mind slip back for a second, rending him unable to hold back a faint chuckle.

"Oh... you must excuse me. You look like... someone I knew." said Vanguard with a somewhat warm tone.

"Please, do not trouble yourself. I am Vanguard, what is your name?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 22, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
Noel
Vanguard was somewhat surprised by her reaction. She acted far too timidly to be Alae. But the resemblance, it was far too uncanny to be but a mere coincidence.

Could it be that she was from a different record alltogether, but one where a being similar in form to the Alea he knew existed? The more he thought about it, the more he felt perhaps it was not so unlikely.

Still, if she was here, it meant that perhaps the actual Alae was in this nexus as well. The very thought made his mind slip back for a second, rending him unable to hold back a faint chuckle.

"Oh... you must excuse me. You look like... someone I knew." said Vanguard with a somewhat warm tone.

"Please, do not trouble yourself. I am Vanguard, what is your name?"

"I-I'm Noel Vermillion!" She stammered. "Uh! Ummm... Was this person important to you?" She blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 22, 2015, 08:55:11 PM »
"...Noel...Vermillion." Vanguard murmured under his metal face. Then he let out yet another faint chuckle, as if pleased. Yes, it seemed the oddities had all come together in this wretched rift.

"Yes, you could say she was... important. We were aquintences you could even say."said Vanguard, his voice carrying a certain will of strength in them, not unlike waves carrying ripples trough the air.

"I-" Vanguard spoke up, but hesitated before cutting short. It was somewhat visible that he did not want to keep on the topic, as if troubled by it.

"No, it's nothing. It is a pleasure to meet you, Noel Vermillion."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 23, 2015, 12:00:24 AM »

Noel

Noel was kind of weirded out by the man. He seemed so-familiar- with her. However, she couldn’t recall even having met him. And she was sure that she’d remember meeting such a large person! Had he been stalking her? “Uh-acquaintances, huh...” She tried to be as polite as possible, who knew what he might try! “I’m-sorry you can’t find her.”

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 23, 2015, 12:36:45 AM »
Vanguard

"Oh, it is alright. I am sure I will find her soon enough." Vanguard stated, not a trace of worry or doubt in his words.

"If you don't mind, may I enjoy your company a bit longer? I've just had... a bad time, If possible I would like to learn more about this place and it's people. You intrigue me, please, would you be kind enough to grant me this favour?"

Casting his cape aside and revealing a battered torn body of metal, he held his head with his hand in order to fix it just right.

"You are not from here either, are you?"

Ito Kizumi

Ito was surprised at that man's sudden movements, a near instantaneous movement directing a blast of lightning at him. Still, he could probably dodge it. That is, if a giant train didn't pop out of nowhere and smash him into a bloody smear.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:22:00 AM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 23, 2015, 01:23:56 AM »
It wasn't even a conscious, just a reflex. Both hands waved out to blast the train with an overcharged Electromagnetic blast, shoving it off course to send it flying down to street level with a massive cloud of dust upon impact as the street and a few cars crumbled under its weight. A few moments later, Cole realized what had happened.

...what the fuck?

Even more mind-boggling, the train is somehow perfectly fine and upright as the dust settles, as if it hadn't actually crashed in the first place.

"...The hell?" Cole mutters to himself as he drains the nearby transformer before making his way down to street level, gliding over with liberal use of static thrusters until he's at the edge of what he considers to be a safe distance from the train. After a moment's thought, he raises his hand, black lightning arcing up and down his arm as the power waits, ready to be unleashed upon whatever emerges from that train, if the need arises.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 23, 2015, 01:52:40 AM »
Tohuw Balagan

Something had gone very, very wrong. The train was supposed to arrive in Touhwland, where it's conductor and passager would be met by thousands of adoring fans. But it seemed there was a... problem.

Cursing the turbulence, a lone man clicked his tongue in annoyance. He could see the dim rays of the sun seeping from the window, and he could tell the train was falling. Reaching for his teacup, he watched to await what would happen.

But there was no teacup.

"Oh no."

It seemed there was no more teacup. Looking around, he realized all his packages and valuables were gone. None of the baggages he had taken such care to pack up were where they were meant to. Something had gone terribly wrong.

"Oh no, oh nono."

Looking around, he called out his minions. Surely they knew what was going on. Then he realized he never had any minions to begin with. Clicking his tongue and fidgeting with an irritable expression, he looked around to assess just where he was.

But if he was looking around, who was driving?

And the train crashed, hitting what seemed to be a rooftop. This was just getting better and better. He did see for a slight second a man under there. And then he dissappeared, making a really funny sound for a second there.

The demon snorted in amusement. Then, he called out, waving in the puddle's general direction. 

"Whoops, my baaaad. Are you okay mister? Are you? Oh, silly me, of course not! Ahahahahah!"

Then another creepy man, far more shady than most of his demon friends, blasted his precious exclusive one in a lifetime train with what seemed to be lightning, along with his good mood.

"...how rude." the demon growled, growing more unamused by the second. He should have been resting on a beautiful beach, sipping on nice tasty coconut milk and eyeing up some sultry succubi under the sunset. But this, this was just nasty. Levitating in the middle of the train, he took his best neatest fanciest clothes, wiped his fancy monocle clean and took hold of Pandora before lightly tapping it.

The train his the asphalt ground, but he never did, for he was still floating inside the train. Then, his foot touched the ground and with a simple tock of his cane, the whole train simply poofed away into smoke, releasing confetti and a multitude of doves.

The sun was clouded, but it was as usual a bother. He could feel his nore run, so instinctively, he snapped his fingers and an umbrella instantly ran up his waving hand, as if it was always there. The eccentric polka dotted umbrella opened itself, to reveal tiny bat wings  making it afloat over his owner's head.

Tsk, not what I had in mind for a little trip to the underworld, but oh well...

Glancing around as the smoke cleared out, the demon finally took a glance of the unsightly fellow who stood before him.

"And who might you be?" he said with a clear voice, loud enough to be heard from where the man stood. Taking a slight bow, he gave the man a bemused smile as he awaited a response.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:35:13 AM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 23, 2015, 02:04:47 AM »
As if this day couldn't get any stranger, the train, if it could be called that, proceeded to vanish in a shower of...confetti? And were those doves? Regardless, Cole didn't lower his hand, keeping it trained on the strange being before him.

...Okay, I suppose some weird shit was on the menu when I ended up in some new dimension, but this is just ridiculous.

"Just some guy who doesn't like nearly getting run over by trains," Cole says, feeling the black lightning surge along his arm, just waiting to be unleashed, "Let alone trains that come out of nowhere. And you are?"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:06:53 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh