Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum  (Read 29493 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:16 AM »
Adjutor

Adjutor's surprise at the failure of this latest tactic is cut short by the feeling of several powerful electrical currents coursing through the teen, pain arcing through his body along with the electricity. Then, just as suddenly as it started, the currents stop, leaving the teen gasping for breath as the pain starts to fade, aided by a quick application of some healing magic.

She's toying with us...

Either that or she's bored.

Frowning, Adjutor gathers himself as if to jump at her, mana surging into Rahab, only to leap back, firing off yet another volley of ice spears.

At the same time, a pair of massive ice spikes burst from the ground, one where the teen had previously been standing, rapidly coming up behind her, as the second spike comes up from the opposite side, faster than the first.

Meanwhile, the teen continues to move back, taking cover amongst the defunct machinery and keeping himself mobile while Xarrest focuses in on Concept: Soundproofing.

Michael

The sudden burst of speed garnered a raised eyebrow from the immortal, whose sole response was to take another step back and thrust the 8-foot long staff straight into the boy's chest, letting his own momentum do the work for him. Deciding it can't hurt, Michael trickles some mana through his body, enhancing himself to match what he'd seen of the boy's speed and strength.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:01:18 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2015, 01:21:15 AM »
Roxas

Roxas took the full blunt of the pole, losing a bit of air in the process.  It hurt but he couldn't stop moving.  It was a mistake to rely on his normal tactics of pressuring the opponent.  Now he would fight smart.  He waited for the next blow to reach him.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2015, 01:28:54 AM »
Mu-12

Mu opened a portal above her head, sending the ice spears into the ceiling where they harmlessly embedded themselves before she moved back to her original position in order to dodge the icicles deadly embrace. She stifled a yawn before she looked around. “Oh-he disappeared.” She noted as she lazily drifted around, looking for him in a bored manner.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2015, 02:45:03 AM »
Adjutor

...Yup, she's bored.

The yawn was all the opportunity the teen needed for the Concept.

"Moeskarne," Adjutor whispers, the Concept flowing over him and smothering any sound he might make.

With that, Adjutor retreats further into the machinery, making sure to stay out of her line of sight as much as he can.

She can see behind her. Some kind of optical devices, perhaps?

A quick peek out from behind some machinery confirms his suspicions, a pair of eyes protruding from her shoulder-pads, seemingly scanning the area.

Perhaps we could try destroying those first?

Depends on if they're destructible to begin with...

Two-pronged attack?

Not taking his eyes off the being, Adjutor silently reached back, soundlessly drawing Valmanway as Xarrest focused in on Concept: Fire.

Evaluating his current position, Adjutor takes a moment to designate a fall back point in his mind before taking a moment to gather himself. Bracing himself, Adjutor peeking out from his cover, from a different location this time, and launched a volley of wind-blades at the eyes. Not bothering to stick around to see if the invisible blades would strike, Adjutor quickly slipped into a nearby shadow and made his way over to his fall-back point, keeping an eye on his opponent's shadow as he surged mana into Valmanway.

Michael

The immortal watched the kid recoil from the impact with a flat look, then with a frown as he stood his ground, seemingly waiting for the next strike.

"Word of advice, kid," Michael says, taking a few steps back, "Don't bum-rush an opponent with a longer weapon, even if you're faster than them. Otherwise you get what just happened to you now. You've got to feint, make them think you're coming in from one direction when you're really coming in from somewhere else entirely. Now, try that again, and don't bum-rush me like an idiot this time."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:53:23 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »
Mu-12

Mu continued floating around until she felt two hard object impact her shoulder pads, pushing her forward. “Oww!” She said. “Why are you doing this?” She asked herself as much as him, summoning a swarm of steins and causing them to fire wildly in the general direction of where the attack had come from. “Stop hiding!” She ordered him crossly.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2015, 03:05:10 AM »
Roxas

The mans words angered Roxas.  But he knew he was right.  He stayed silent.  Still, this man clearly was not ready to go all out yet.  He composed himself and backed up.  Getting ready for his next strike.  He ran up to the man once again, except this time not at full speed.  He was ready to react.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2015, 03:11:34 AM »
Well, it certainly wouldn't get any worse. Cursing his luck, a lonesome pirate with a lonesome heart lit up a cigar. He was clearly annoyed, annoyed at everything that just happened. His luck with ladies surely wasn't stellar, but offing cuties was way out of his league. And the worst part was, he had no choice.

This was a damn shitter, all of it.

Grunting, he snapped his finger before downing yet another shot of rum. Immediately, the lit cigar burst into flames. His familiars, countless hawk-like birds, flew out of the blaze and began the search. About five good dozens had gotten out of the building by now, two of them patrolling the building where he stood atop of. The rest would search every inch of the city.

Sewers, houses, parks, stations... none would be out of his sight.

LORENZO REMEI THE GREAT VS MU-12!

THE WHEEL OF FATE IS TURNIN

REBEL 1

START!

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2015, 03:18:51 AM »
Mu-12

Mu watched the pirate from afar, inside a skyscraper. He had tried to pick her up earlier, this had led to that, and now they were trying to kill each other. She focused hard on him and with some effort, created a wormhole above him linked to one in the room she was in. She used some steins to rapidly fire a massive volley of lasers directly at him from just above him.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2015, 03:19:35 AM »
Adjutor

Adjutor slipped out of the shadows of his fall-back point to see his opponent bombarding the area where he'd fired the wind-blades from, ordering him to stop hiding. He might have been amused if not for the fact that this was a life-or-death situation. Regardless, there were more than a few things to learn from this.

So...looks like those eyes are impervious to damage...

And those drones actually do things. Namely fire a lot of lasers.

I wonder, how do those hold up to damage?

Curious, Adjutor takes a moment to designate another fall back position, then braces himself before aiming out of his cover, launching a storm of ice spears at the drones surrounding her from behind, the spears made far faster than usual thanks to some wind magic to help things along. Once more Adjutor slips into the shadows after launching the attack, making his way to the fall back point as he watches the shadows of both his opponent and those cast by the drones surrounding her. Meanwhile, Xarrest prepares another Concept: Fire.

Michael

"That's better," Michael remarked, finally setting the staff into the motion with wide, sweeping circles, creating an impassable boundary around him to halt the kid's charge.

"But a linear approach won't avail you against a staff wielder worth their salt when you don't have reach," Michael says, the staff buzzing through the air around him, "If you had a spear, maybe, and if I was wielding a spear, slipping inside my range might even be something you could consider. So, what will you do?"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:27:44 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2015, 03:25:34 AM »
ADJUTOR! Mu

She sustained her volley until all her drones were slammed by spears of ice before exploding loudly. “Owowow!” She yelled. “That hurt!” One of the swords behind her disappeared into thin air before an enormous glowing blue sword came bursting through the roof and embedded itself in the ground with a tremendous shatter. “I told you to stop hiding!” She yelled at him. She was getting seriously annoyed, she’d done nothing to provoke him!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:29:48 AM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2015, 03:32:21 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

Well, she came at the very least. It wasn't exactly the date he was looking forward to, but she came.  A wormhole of sorts opened above him, and many lasers shot down. Well, expecting the unexpected and all was his motto. He sure as hell didn't expect that though.

It mattered not, the flame birds pounced at the beams and took the hit for him. The familiars erupted into flames and now the whole room was enveloped in a blazing hell. At the same time, he received a signal from one of the bird familiars. There was no mistake, she was in another skyscraper.

Knowing that if he was attacked it was most likely due to him being visible, he decided to make a run for it and hide elsewhere. A hallway isolated from windows, but near a security door would suit him. At the same time, a higher floor would be best if he needed to use that to escape and counter attack.

Well, knowing where she was, he decided to go for the offensive. Multiple bird familiars infiltrated the building trough gaps and openings in the structure itself. Sneaking furtively, they were positioned in strategic pinpoints that held the skyscraper up. Others decided to outright pay her a visit and go for the kill.

If all else failed, he would blast the building to smithereens.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2015, 03:34:21 AM »
Roxas jumped back as he began creating a boundary with his staff.  "Ill admit I made a big mistake charging in blind like that but don't you think your acting a bit high and mighty?  You should take this fight a bit more seriously!"  Roxas said, almost shouting.  He pointed oathkeeper at the man.  The tip of his keyblade glowed purple and it fired a round purple spear at the man.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2015, 03:39:25 AM »
LORENZO! Mu

“Tch.” Her initial attack had failed, unsurprisingly. And now he knew where she was! She jumped out the window, falling gracefully as her swords disappeared before giant blue swords of death rained from the sky and penetrated Lorenzo’s building, literally tearing it to pieces before she brought them back to her. “You don’t deserve to live!” She yelled at him.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2015, 04:00:31 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

Expect the unexpected his ass, she vanished!

No time to think, no time to yelp, the building was now crumbling down. HIS building. Bashing the security door open, he leapt from the building-

And landed on a hueg birdy bird bird of FAIAH

Wow,  she  just  raped  your  ass  there.
"Cheep, cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep" the phoenix-like magnificent avian creature of infernal blaze, beauty unknown to mortals, cheeped.

Lorenzo chuckled, to the bird's discontent. "Heh, just do your thing Charles."

Fuck off mate
"Cheep cheep cheep." the badass bird replied.

"It's Lorenzo."

So the pirate flew away from the crazy but still cute girl, winking at her once with a cheeky grin. That was a distraction, meant to piss her off and avert her from the fuckton of fire birds going at her from all directions.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:02:03 AM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2015, 06:18:03 PM »
Adjutor

Continuing to watch the shadows, the teen nodded as the shadows of the drones began disappearing rapidly with flashes of shadow appearing that denoted flashes of light in the real.

Curious, are they really that unstable, or do they simply explode upon taking enough damage?

Probably the latter...

Curious to see how his opponent was faring, the teen slipped out of the shadows at his fallback point and peeked out of his cover.

Wait a minute, didn't she have another one of those sw-

A massive crash interrupts his thoughts as an even more massive sword crashes into the ground near the teen.

Good god, this girl is really compensating for something.

Ducking back into the shadows, Adjutor took a moment to gather himself, watching the shadows around him.

Okay, that's it.

"Wing Blade, Valmanway," Adjutor mutters, surging mana into Valmanway, as he makes his way to a new fallback point positioned behind Mu.

Suddenly, Laivatain appears seemingly from nowhere, a massive fireball moving impossibly fast, zig-zagging at random intervals through the machinery as it approaches Mu from the front.

Meanwhile, Adjutor aims towards Mu with Valmanway before soundlessly muttering the final word of the Invocation.

"Fly."

With that, the dagger tears through the air towards Mu, fast enough that it could have crossed that same distance five times before the sound reached.

Meanwhile, the teen slips into the shadows yet again, watching for his opportunity.

Michael

Michael sighed at the boy's tone, casually dodging out of the way of the spear before stopping, planting his staff in the ground as he watches the boy.

"Kid," Michael says, "If you were better at this, I wouldn't have to take this 'high and mighty attitude' as you call it. If you want a fight, I'll give you a fight, but as you are, it won't be much fun. You've got all these nifty toys, it would seem, but do you know how to use them?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:22:12 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh