Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum  (Read 24052 times)

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2015, 12:33:45 AM »
War took a single step back, just to avoid any unnecessary swings from Vanguard. In opposition, his opponent was blown back, cracks forming in the metal armor that held his opponent's form.

"Who... are you?"

"You know me, boy. I walk with you every day. I am War, and you, I am afraid, are about to die.

His form consumed by writhing shadows and flame, still holding back, the personified form of every weapon, every war to ever take place pulled forth the greatest of all blades.

The Nameless Sword.

In his hand did it reside, and as a brilliant light began to shine from his brow, six wings of incandescent flame unfurled from his back, shrieking in anguish, melting the concrete and the metal and the glass around him, magnifying the aura of battle until it would choke a man, crushing down with scent of blood and steel.

A single step, and then the great sword swung down with more force than anything before.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2015, 12:41:23 AM »
Noel Vs Crest

Crest watched his opponent raise her gun and immediately dived to the side into a roll.

Rejection of Limits!

Upon leveling his balance Crest immediately shot forward, using his Rejection of Limits to, for a moment, augment his speed. He arrived in front of her in and his knife flashed out, the blade coated in Rejection of Matter.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:43:56 AM by Knick »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2015, 12:47:52 AM »
...You know what, fuck this, we're out. This guy isn't even a Monster.

Oh come on, it was just starting to get fun...

Taking a moment to focus himself, Adjutor simply dashes into a nearby shadow, slipping in and making his way out of the room and this whole mess in general.

Lorenzo Vs Adjutor

He's standing in a large stone courtyard inside a castle, devoid of any distinguishing features. The courtyard is bounded by widely spaced pillars holding up the castle around him and, all in all, is rather...plain. And so, he finds himself wondering where the hell the shadow walking took him this time.

All my weapons, no ammo, full reserves. Where the hell are we?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:10:14 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2015, 12:50:42 AM »
Vanguard stared in awe as he faced the flames of destruction. Every fiber of his being told him to back down, to yield, to give in...

"Bastard." He muttered under his breath as the screeching lightning tore all that he stood upon. The warrior let out a roar that would chase the crows from the battlefield.
"DO NOT TAKE ME LIGHTLY!"

Charging like a heavenly bullet, Vanguard dashed towards his deadly foe as the ground twisted and crumbled under his steps. And the world shook.

Flames engulfing him from all directions, all that stood between vanguard and his foe was a primordial force of the heavens: lightning.

Marching forward with a blur, Vanguard withstood the attack, his body bubbling with heat as the metal glowed and burst with incandescence. His mind faded, the vessel that maintained him was crumbling down.

But even so, he did not back down, Vanguard reached once again his opponent, and using all his might, swung his incredible pole arm at the opponent's chest.

And the heavens roared, for before the thunder came the lightning, but not a single drop of blood befell, the blade barely penetrated his opponent's flesh before stopping. Had the blade even pierced his skin? Even the gods could not answer.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2015, 01:15:16 AM »
Noticing his enemy, Lorenzo wasted no time. In a swift movement, he drew his flintlock and fired, a hail of prana charging at the man to tear him like swiss cheese.

At the same time, the pirate glanced at a nearby table, multiple candles stood atop.

It only took a sudden snap of his fingers in order for the flames to grow into bird-like creatures, who took heed to Lorenzo's will and quickly circled the man.

The bullets or the flames, either way, he was a dead man.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »
Noel saw him dodge her bullets and charge at her; she instinctively took up a defensive stance and parried a knife-thrust with Bolverk. She quickly smacked him in the chest with her other pistol.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2015, 01:27:20 AM »
Crest’s knife was met but one of the guns, the rejection burring itself in the metal, but the knife was pushed away due to the energy that makes of the gun. The result was a large hole in the weapon as Crest released the Rejection.

Then he was hit by the other gun, sent tumbling back and releasing hold of his knife that remained lodged in the gun. One of his ribs was potentionally busted from that blow, but the adrenalin dulled the pain.

He then went to his side and grabbed his short bow, and with his right hand drew a couple of arrows. Then he shot the arrows in quick succession, so quick that he was unable to coat them in Rejection of Matter.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:28:38 AM by Knick »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2015, 01:33:06 AM »
Noel felt one of her guns break as a knife embedded itself in it. She saw him start firing arrows at her, which she easily sidestepped as she returned fire, rapidly covering the area around him with explosions.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2015, 01:34:45 AM »
Adjutor, at this point, notices something out of the corner of his eye. Multiple somethings, all barreling straight for him.

Shit!

Adjutor tries to dodge, and succeeds for the most part. He manages to avoid the worst of the damage, but a few rounds still clip him with violent stabs of pain, tearing through his left arm and leaving multiple bloody holes in it as he turns in the direction of the gunfire to find... birds? Made of fire?

Are you serious?!

Reaching back for Laivatain, Adjutor briefly grips the handle of the blade before it goes incorporeal, turning into a fiery presence as it shoots through the skies, consuming any birds it reaches.

Meanwhile, Adjutor draws Tyrfing with his good hand and looks around, eyes unsealed, before sighting on a figure practically shining with mana. From what he could see of the man's mana and the familiars that Laivatain was attacking, this man was probably extremely skilled with fire magic. A smaller signature marked what looked like an extremely old-styled pistol. Kinda like those flintlocks of old.

Wonderful. A pirate.

First priority, however, was to heal the damaged arm and restore use of Switch Hand.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2015, 01:55:19 AM »
Tsk... he didn't croak

Lorenzo had no time to waste, if he didn't move, he would be found and gutted by that dog. Without making a single sound, Lorenzo aimed for his opponent and fired, the noise would provide a suitable distraction.

At the same time, Lorenzo focused his energy and ordered the flames to dance once again. This time, the birds shifted from every direction, hiding behind various locations by flying around the enemy's blind spot in order to remain undetected.

The pirate would use this window of opportunity to switch cover.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:05:04 AM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2015, 02:27:48 AM »
With a moment of concentration, a tracery of veins runs up the arm holding the blade as a certain amount of blood is sacrificed as the wounds on Adjutor's left arm close up almost immediately. Meanwhile, the pirate, his location betrayed by his mana, levels the flintlock again.

Not this time.

Adjutor is already moving, letting the shot, a tiny packet of mana, slip harmlessly past him as more fire birds burst from every possible direction. Unfortunately for them, Laivatain had just gotten finished with their brethren, using the energy it gained to turn into a majestic eagle as it circles about, doing its best to keep the lesser birds at bay.

Meanwhile, the pirate seems to be making his way to a different spot. Unfortunately for him, his mana still gives him away, clearly marking him as he moves from one piece of cover to the next.

"Moeskarne," Adjutor says, more to himself than his unknown assailant, Reinforcing himself as he continues to track the pirate.

You can't hide...

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2015, 02:32:54 AM »
The child stared with unblinking eyes as the red edge of the spear approached his head, and six tendrils as thick as a man's arm burst from his body to respond to the threat. One that ended with a blade clashed with the black weapon while another coiled around the spear and pulled with unnatural force.

Two others were swung at the knight's legs in an attempt to ruin his footing while the last of the tendrils formed heavy clumps of biomass at their ends and were thrust at his opponent's chest like battering rams. Even if that armor was indestructible it would still hurt it's owner and if it wasn't that only made things easier.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2015, 02:41:49 AM »
Tsk

Lorenzo noticed the great bird of fire halting his attack. It seemed he wasn't the only one who was able in the craft of pyromancy. But it wasn't enough, surely it wasn't enough. In the snap of two fingers, the birds exploded in a great burrs of energy, releasing burning ash and smoke alongside the fiery blast. Columns of smoke fell below, spreading ash and dust around the yard.

The area clouded in smoke, this was his plan all along.
The air burned, but such a thing was but a bothersome detail to the pirate, who quickly drew his rapier just before his opponent neared his location.

In a sudden motion, Lorenzo dug his foot into the ground, waiting for the opportunity to strike.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:46:12 AM by francobull3 »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2015, 02:45:30 AM »
Crest saw the woman dodge his arrows, and before she could raise her gun his Rejection took hold.

Rejection of Limits!

And with his momentary speed he dashed to the side to avoid the shots that were to come and ran, desperately trying to dodge as the area around him exploded.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2015, 03:03:19 AM »
Well this is a problem.

Adjutor looks around for a moment, trying to squint through the smoke before giving up on it and drawing Valmanway from its sheath with an Armogarian tendril before using it to redirect the cleaner air above him down to the courtyard, clearing up a small area around him. Spotting the pirate once more by his fiery mana, Adjutor decides on giving the fool a taste of his own medicine. The teen focuses for a moment before using Valmanway to blast all the smoke, ash, and dust directly towards the pirate, clearing the path between the two but leaving the pirate covered if he didn't counter it. Adjutor then charges, calling Lavatain back to him as the tendril whips forward, tossing the Air Elemental dagger at the pirate while Adjutor readies Tyrfing and Rahab.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh