Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum  (Read 24415 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2015, 04:16:30 AM »
Ito winced as he felt alien objects grab onto him tightly, squeezing at him with such fierceness, he could barely breathe.  Struggling, the ninja groaned in an attempt to escape, but it seemed he was trapped.

The man's heart stopped for a second, realizing just what was to happen. A grin rictus formed on his lips. There would be no more strings or decoys. Unable to move, it seemed it was the end for him.

The battlefield was now filled with grim silence.

Ito's aura seeped with melancoly, his face the face of a man who accepted defeat. With a sigh, he looked up at the goslayer, and showed for the first time tears.

"So this is it...", he muttered, his pained voice almost trembling.

"Please, let me see your face. I only wish to have a last glance of the one who is to kill me... before my time is up."

His face twisting in pain, tears fell down his cheek, all he could muster were weak whimpers as he looked down in defeat.
"Grant me this one last wish, I beg of you.", said the ninja with a shaky voice.

A single tear befell on the ravaged ground. Thre was no malice or killing intent in his words, all he could do was implore his foe of this last favour.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:20:38 AM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2015, 04:33:27 AM »
Noel

Ito winced as he felt alien objects grab onto him tightly, squeezing at him with such fierceness, he could barely breathe.  Struggling, the ninja groaned in an attempt to escape, but it seemed he was trapped.

The man's heart stopped for a second, realizing just what was to happen. A grin rictus formed on his lips. There would be no more strings or decoys. Unable to move, it seemed it was the end for him.

The battlefield was now filled with grim silence.

Ito's aura seeped with melancoly, his face the face of a man who accepted defeat. With a sigh, he looked up at the goslayer, and showed for the first time tears.

"So this is it...", he muttered, his pained voice almost trembling.

"Please, let me see your face. I only wish to have a last glance of the one who is to kill me... before my time is up."

His face twisting in pain, tears fell down his cheek, all he could muster were weak whimpers as he looked down in defeat.
"Grant me this one last wish, I beg of you.", said the ninja with a shaky voice.

A single tear befell on the ravaged ground. Thre was no malice or killing intent in his words, all he could do was implore his foe of this last favour.

Noel listened to the man implore her to allow him to see her face. She did not trust him, but she sensed me anger or deception in his words. But, just looking at him, he was someone who could not be trusted. Pointing both her hands at Ito, Noel let loose a blast of light that surrounded ito, preventing him from moving completely. Eight spears of light were summoned above Noel, holding for a spit second. "No. You are a ninja, and I suspect you are trying to trick me in a final gambit. Goodbye. You were strong." Letting loose the spears, they pierced Ito with deadly accuracy, instantly returning up and back down in a second, and then third volley, leaving his body little more than a bloody heap.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
Adjutor Xarrest vs Boundary Interface Prime Field Device Mu-12

Rebel:1

ACTION!

Adjutor finds himself facing a foe that can best be described with a single word. Lewd. The battlefield was passable, an abandoned factory, with various kinds of now-defunct machinery scattered about the place, plenty of cover, and a fairly high ceiling. His foe, however, was what was truly off-putting about the whole situation. She was flying, but he'd already confirmed that she didn't have any magic. She had a few strange-looking drones about her, but they didn't seem to be giving off any mana either. Of course, the lack of clothing wasn't helping the image either, but that was inconsequential during a fight.

Okay, full reserves, forty bodies, forty souls.

Plenty of cover, opponent is likely a ranged type opponent, further capabilities unknown.

On reflex, Adjutor takes a moment to Reinforce himself before placing a hand on Rahab as ice spears rain down on his opponent, launched from a short distance above the teen and sent speeding towards the woman.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:33:06 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2015, 02:36:26 AM »
Noel

Adjutor Xarrest vs Boundary Interface Prime Field Device Mu-12

Rebel:1

ACTION!

Adjutor finds himself facing a foe that can best be described with a single word. Strange. The battlefield was passable, an abandoned factory, with various kinds of now-defunct machinery scattered about the place, plenty of cover, and a fairly high ceiling. His foe, however, was what was truly off-putting about the whole situation. She was flying, but he'd already confirmed that she didn't have any magic. She had a few strange-looking drones about her, but they didn't seem to be giving off any mana either.

Okay, full reserves, forty bodies, forty souls.

Plenty of cover, opponent is likely a ranged type opponent, further capabilities unknown.

On reflex, Adjutor takes a moment to Reinforce himself before placing a hand on Rahab as ice spears rain down on his opponent, launched from a short distance above the teen and sent speeding towards the woman.

Mu effortly dodged the spears of ice, “Foolish.” She summoned several steins in front of her and began to charge them. However, this was a distraction. She also summoned several directly behind the aggressor that instantaneously released a swath of lasers directly behind him.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »
Hmm, agile. Seems to possess fairly quick reflexes.

Capable of summoning more or those drones. Can summon only from in front?

The frontal charge was inconsequential, as the teen was already kicking off, propelling himself off the side onto some ice made by Rahab, sending Adjutor rocketing away just in time for a massive barrage of lasers to destroy the ground he'd been on not even a second ago.

Can summon them from anywhere, this will be a problem. The large number of lasers and the relatively insignificant damage to the wall indicate that these lasers are rather weak. Further capabilities likely.

With a thought, the ice vanishes, leaving Adjutor to dash towards his opponent on Reinforced legs, zigzagging and firing more ice spears as he moves, keeping an eye on his opponent while Valmanway vanishes from its sheath, beginning to monitor the area around him for any more of those drones. Meanwhile, Xarrest focuses on Concept: Shield.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:05 AM »
Noel
Hmm, agile. Seems to possess fairly quick reflexes.

Capable of summoning more or those drones. Can summon only from in front?

The frontal charge was inconsequential, as the teen was already kicking off, propelling himself off the side onto some ice made by Rahab, sending Adjutor rocketing away just in time for a massive barrage of lasers to destroy the ground he'd been on not even a second ago.

Can summon them from anywhere, this will be a problem. The large number of lasers and the relatively insignificant damage to the wall indicate that these lasers are rather weak. Further capabilities likely.

With a thought, the ice vanishes, leaving Adjutor to dash towards his opponent on Reinforced legs, zigzagging and firing more ice spears as he moves, keeping an eye on his opponent while Valmanway vanishes from its sheath, beginning to monitor the area around him for any more of those drones. Meanwhile, Xarrest focuses on Concept: Shield.

Mu smirked. He'd fallem for her trap. Summoning steins all over the factory building, she simultainously used her swords to block the incoming icicles. Major Kisaragi is far more dangerous than this, she thought to herself, making them spray lasers continuously in all directions, flailing about wildly. Of course, she didn't expect them to hit. As he zigzagged his way through them, she suddenly caused several glowing orbs of crackling whiteish-yellow energy to appear directly in front of, behind, to the sides, and even above him. He would need to go through them to escape. Crossing her arms above her, a brilliant blue light began charging directly below her wrists.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:16:12 AM by Sinib »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:40 AM »
Adjutor stops short at the cage of energy orbs surrounding him, noting that the woman seems to be charging up some massive attack, if the attack stance and the light glowing beneath her arms is any indication.

Energy orbs all around us, don't look particularly survivable. At least they're not magic. She seems to be charging up something pretty big, too...

With a moment of thought, Adjutor makes his decision. Prepping Tyrfing, the teen steels himself for a moment before hurling himself through the orbs, the pain of the energy ripping through his body almost forcing him to stop moving before he shoves that impulse aside and breaks free of the energy dome, collapsing on his hands and knees as everything screams in sheer agony for a few moments before receding slightly.

With that, he looks up at Mu still with that attack at the ready, magic already going to work healing him. He won't need blood for this, but a moment would be nice.

Two can play your game, bitch.

Then Laivatain explodes back into a visible form, a fiery presence unbound by gravity as blazing towards the flying woman, a raging inferno bent on ending this opponent right here and right now.

"Wing Blade Valmanway," Adjutor says with a momentary cough, hand on the dagger as more mana pours into it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:07:20 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2015, 04:16:46 AM »
Noeru
Adjutor stops short at the cage of energy orbs surrounding him, noting that the woman seems to be charging up some massive attack, if the attack stance and the light glowing beneath her arms is any indication.

Energy orbs all around us, don't look particularly survivable. At least they're not magic. She seems to be charging up something pretty big, too...

With a moment of thought, Adjutor makes his decision. Prepping Tyrfing, the teen steels himself for a moment before hurling himself through the orbs, the pain of the energy ripping through his body almost forcing him to stop moving before he shoves that impulse aside and breaks free of the energy dome, collapsing on his hands and knees as everything screams in sheer agony for a few moments before receding slightly.

With that, he looks up at Mu still with that attack at the ready, magic already going to work healing him. He won't need blood for this, but a moment would be nice.

Two can play your game, bitch.

Then Laivatain explodes back into a visible form, a fiery presence unbound by gravity as blazing towards the flying woman, a raging inferno bent on ending this opponent right here and right now.

"Wing Blade Valmanway," Adjutor says with a momentary cough, hand on the dagger as more mana pours into it.

A roaring fireblast came hurtling towards her at frightening speed, but Noel was not worried. It will be simple to dodge this. She thought to herself. Simply allowing gravity to take its hold on her once again, she fell quickly to the ground, landing with the clang of metal forcefully hitting concrete. As she fell, a yellow circle appeared behind her that her blades went through. Simultainiously, a portal appeared in behind Adjutor, the swords coming out from the other side to pierce him.

"Kusinagi activate!" She yelled. The previously inert units suddenly sprang to life once more, but this time differently: while before they had stopped firing when she didn't pay attention to them, they now began autonomously tracking the boy, rapidly firing lasers at him repeatedly.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2015, 04:42:49 AM »
Laivatain wasn't dissuaded by the woman's maneuvering, instantly changing directions to follow her down. Meanwhile, Adjutor noted the portal appearing behind the woman just in time to get impaled from behind by multiple swords. Barely restraining a scream, Adjutor tries to prepare himself for an Unfocusing to blast the swords out, but, for some unfathomable reason, they pull out immediately after, leaving him with several gaping wounds, but alive. Barely. Unfortunately, the wounds leave him unable to move, and the barrage of lasers that follows quickly finishes the job.

Winner: Mu.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:39:41 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2015, 03:56:55 AM »
The earth shattered as the weaponized tree crashed down on the devil child, but Lancelot instinctively knew that something wasn't right. The angle was wrong, the tree trunk was too far up to have squished the boy flat as intended. Without momentum on his side, it would be disadvantageous to continue applying force on the oak.

The dark knight had only partway let go of the tree when, with a sharp crack, it came flying back at him. The severed trunk slammed into his right arm and shoulder as it flew by, knocking him off balance. The abomination, this "PARIAH", capitalized on this, rushing in to attack a man's most vulnerable spot. Lancelot's body reacted before his mind did, and in an instant Arondight, the Unfading Light of the Lake, materialized in hand, pointed straight down with the flat of the blade facing the demon child, his free hand bracing against the flat side of the sword that faced him even before regaining his footing.

The monstrosity's blow struck the magically constructed Noble Phantasm instead of the former Knight of the Lake's armored crotch. His muscles screamed in protest as his arms were forced back towards him, the sheer force behind the blow overwhelming even his now-super empowered strength. His entire body was pushed away, armored boots skidding across the grass as he desperately maintained his balance. His mind desperately raced for a strategy as he came to a halt.

A strange sound caught Lancelot's attention, a cross between a whistle and the swish of parting air. He turned his head to find the source of the noise just in time to see something slam into the ground from above right next to him with earth shaking force. The object - an unnatural, metallic pod of sorts - promptly slid open to reveal what the berserker recognized as two modern firearms. He didn't even hesitate before de-materializing his corrupted sword and grabbing them both, one in each hand.

Heckler & Kosh 21, a powerful machine gun with a rapid rate of fire. FN SCAR-L, an automatic rifle equipped with a scope. The understanding of these weapons and the skills required to use them flooded Lancelot's mind as red lines of prana invaded and empowered the weapons, his Knight of Honor ability turning them into his own personal Noble Phantasms. Neither of these weapons were intended for one-handed use, but he was no ordinary human, and the weapons were no longer ordinary guns.

The black knight brought both weapons to bear on "PARIAH", pulled back the triggers, and the monstrosity was baptized in a sea of glowing red projectiles. Lancelot backed away while continuing to pour streams of supernatural bullets from his weapons, maintaining as much distance as possible. Fortunately reloading was not a concern. While the guns-turned-Noble Phantasm did not have unlimited ammunition, replacing their magazines would not be required.

Brown eyes narrowed as PARIAH saw the sword materialize and disappear. The game was over. He would not play around anymore.

As the object fell from the sky and crashed into the ground, black plates formed around all over the virus' body. The hardened biomass may have lowered the child's agility a little bit but it offered much more protection than his normal body.

Darkness crept over the guns of the knight and PARIAH responded with multiple tendrils. Each of them thicker than a grown man's arm and extremely durable. They were blunt much like the ones that had struck the ones that had smashed into his opponent beforehand and were ready when the storm of red erupted from the guns.

They flew and twisted through the air to deflect the bullets, and although a few bullets from the unending assault made it through the armor kept the damage mostly superficial. Anything more damaging, including damaged tendrils, was quickly replaced with new biomass.

Then, as the knight began to retreat PARIAH pursued. The moment he was close to the thing that his opponent had pulled the weapons he sprouted a dozen thinner tendrils and tore it from the ground before launching it at the man as bullets continued to fly.

But the guns weren't the only addition to the field. The ground caved in all around the arena and monsters came rushing out. They were humanoid but the infection had robbed them of most other features. Bloated bodies and twisted faces were common but in exchange for this physical alteration they were physically superior to the average human. They were irredeemably weak compared to the main entertainment but at worst they would serve as a distraction and at best might even manage to slow the knight down.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:58:12 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »
A pitch black factory, old wood and shabby structure barely keeping anything together. The windows shattered, the stench of blood reeking all over...

Not a pleasant place to spend a night, definetely not.

Laying over a pool of blood was a man, black cloth completely hidden in the dark, the one visible thing was his abnormally pale face. He was visibly unwell, his breath stopped short and limbs inert. Even his heartbeat was barely more audible than a crawling worm.

"S-sir!" Ito called out, his voice weakly and fading. "Please, help me. I..."

Webbing of inperceptible strings stood all over the place, his plan would not fail. "MISTER, NO!" he suddenly cried, hacking what appeared to be blood. A multitude of knives, previously held by string, were now shooting from all directions, each aimed for the man.

"He's back, don't leave me here! He'll kill us, he'll kill us all!"

Ito vs Adjutor

Rebel 1

ACTION

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
Of the many things he'd seen on of his nightly Hunts, this was not particularly out of place. Though the factory may be shrouded in inky darkness to the normal man, Adjutor's sight is not impeded by something as simple as a lack of light. Well, technically, it's Xarrest's sight, but the fact remains that the darkness means nothing to the Monster Hunter. Given that he's on a Hunt, Valmanway is of course not in its sheath, instead observing area around him for any disturbances in the air in an incorporeal form.

Thanks to this, Adjutor learns of the kunai speeding in towards him before they land. Left without enough time to look around for the projectiles, Adjutor is forced to rely on Valmanway's gauging of their general positions. The teen ends up grazing a number of the kunai in the process of dodging, but the fact that they were all aimed at a single location lets him survive the storm with only a multitude of grazing hits. Deciding to pay the favor back, Adjutor quickly draws Rahab and rains ice spears down on seemingly wounded man, taking a moment to Reinforce as he draws Tyrfing as well.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:19:10 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
Oh well, looks like it won't be so easy.

Ito did not move at all, even as his opponent seemed to have avoided his initial attack and even as countless spears of ice came raining down him. But even for the slightest instant, he could no longer hide his bloodlust. A terrifying pressure resonated troughout the empty factory, and the ninja simply... vanished.

Explain to me how you're going to get away from these knives. He thought as he kept on concealing his presence, not a trace of heat, smell or sound could be found. Lightly pulling on one of the strings, he caused yet another trap to activate.

With a sudden motion, countless kunais were shot at the man, a simulantaneous barrage of nearly invisible knives lunging at the man's vitals.  He just needed him to move a bit, but a single step and Ito could finally get his hands clean of this mess.

Just in case, the ninja readied another kunai, ready to throw it at the man if he was to show an opening.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:16:00 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2015, 06:07:36 PM »
Sepulchure vs Vanguard

Sepulchure gave the impression of looking down upon the suit of armor larger than himself who had just appeared out of nowhere and told him that his days of doing evil were done. Does he think I have time to accept the challenge of every single nobody in a suit of armor who challenges me to a fight to the death? I have things to do.

Sepulchure raised fifty large skeletons from the ground, each standing just as tall as Vanguard and collectively armed with a smorgasbord of weaponry. The chattering of their ancient teeth as their battle cry, they charged at Vanguard, intent on following the orders of their necrotic overlord.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2015, 06:14:06 PM »
Strangely enough, the man practically vanished before the ice spears would have struck him.

Damn, he's fast.

Adjutor looks around for a moment, when suddenly Valmanway is all but screaming at him from the sheer number of projectiles sent hurtling towards him. And he couldn't see any of them.

Too many to dodge, he's probably still watching from somewhere, not enough time for Armor...

Thankfully, the Reinforcement still gave him enough time to react. Crouching down, Adjutor uses Rahab to create thick shell of ice around him, the radius of the base of the shell only leaving a little room for him as the projectiles ping off the dome harmlessly.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh