Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum  (Read 24538 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? Colosseum
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2015, 07:27:50 PM »
Vanguard wasted no time, this enemy was not one to be taken lightly. As countless skeletal beings rose, he charged towards the dark knight, going for the kill. Of course, his minions would not let the warrior trough so easily. Vanguard's eye glowing pale blue, he grabbed onto one of the fiend's skulls and threw the abomination's body to his kin, blowing them all aside like ragdolls.

Those who resisisted the initial attack were no less unfortunate: a lightning quick strike to one's chest pulverised his ribs. Now grabbing onto yet another skeleton, he kept on charging against his enemy. Countless more of them went forward, wielding bludgeons to impede him.

"Useless..." Vanguard muttered with a grave voice filled with ire as he used the skeleton to smash eachg and every one of his companions to pieces, cries as fleeting as their crumbling bones. Their bludgeons never reached his cold body of metal, instead only bashing meaninglessly on the decadent husk of what was once one of their own.

Grabbing onto one of the mindless beast's weapons, he cast it's feeble body aside, throwing it at yet more of the charging kravens. With a leap, he now found himself over the pile of skeletons, from which he kicked off in order to leap further. A burstof cracking bones was all that could accompany the thunderous boom.

The area was now clouded by the ghastly remains of their brittle bones, now turned dust. Amidst this cloud of shattered bone, there was the knight, a diabolical surge of power emanating from his sickening armour.

And behind him, the warrior was now ready, his body flipped backwards as his mighty halberd struck down, cold blade meant to cut down his foe from the neck down.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:30:21 PM by francobull3 »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
Ito was surprised, of all things he could have expected, this was not one of them. This icy dome would be quite troublesome, and without knowing what else his opponent might pull, to charge mindlessly is not something a wise person would do.
He could almost hide his grin. Almost.

Grabbing onto some of the strings that had been set up earlier, he pulled off the kunais that had been incrustred in various locations. As soon as it was done, heavy metal structures and cranes fell down, heavy objects meant to crash on the dome of ice and shatter it, this with the intent of killing the rat who had the wits to trap himself in a spider's web.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »
Sepulchure vs Vanguard

Vanguard wasted no time, this enemy was not one to be taken lightly. As countless skeletal beings rose, he charged towards the dark knight, going for the kill. Of course, his minions would not let the warrior trough so easily. Vanguard's eye glowing pale blue, he grabbed onto one of the fiend's skulls and threw the abomination's body to his kin, blowing them all aside like ragdolls.

Those who resisisted the initial attack were no less unfortunate: a lightning quick strike to one's chest pulverised his ribs. Now grabbing onto yet another skeleton, he kept on charging against his enemy. Countless more of them went forward, wielding bludgeons to impede him.

"Useless..." Vanguard muttered with a grave voice filled with ire as he used the skeleton to smash eachg and every one of his companions to pieces, cries as fleeting as their crumbling bones. Their bludgeons never reached his cold body of metal, instead only bashing meaninglessly on the decadent husk of what was once one of their own.

Grabbing onto one of the mindless beast's weapons, he cast it's feeble body aside, throwing it at yet more of the charging kravens. With a leap, he now found himself over the pile of skeletons, from which he kicked off in order to leap further. A burstof cracking bones was all that could accompany the thunderous boom.

The area was now clouded by the ghastly remains of their brittle bones, now turned dust. Amidst this cloud of shattered bone, there was the knight, a diabolical surge of power emanating from his sickening armour.

And behind him, the warrior was now ready, his body flipped backwards as his mighty halberd struck down, cold blade meant to cut down his foe from the neck down.

Sepulchure watched the armored man tear through his undead army with little difficulty. So he’s not all bark and no bite after all The armored man executed a flawless backflip and attempted to shear him head from his body with his mighty halberd. Sepulchure chuckled and blocked his simple attack with his armored arm, following up with a quick counterattack to the leg with the Necrotic Sword.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
What!?

Vanguard's blow had been blocked, not by a weapon, but merely by that abominable armour.
Twisting his weapon, he turned it just in time to block the sword slash, the sickening streak of crimson and jet black stopped as it hit the weapon's pole.

Pushed back slightly, he was flipped backwards before regaining footing, his hand grabbing firmly on the ground as it dug into the rock. Yes, that attack was fast, his enemy's body was sturdy and his blows were mighty...

The glow of his core grew brighter, opposing his enemy's dark nature.

"You filth, begone from this world!", he roared before  kicking off the ground once more and positioning him on his opponent's blind spot with a dash. With that, he used his whole weight to pivot, a slash meant to cleave his opponent in half. But of course, a half hearted strike like this would be null against an opponent who had withstood his previous blow.

The feint quickly stopped short and the weapon moved like a serpent taking a life of it's own. With unprecedented quickness, the blade rose up in an attempt to cleave the man's face.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2015, 10:52:43 PM »
What!?

Vanguard's blow had been blocked, not by a weapon, but merely by that abominable armour.
Twisting his weapon, he turned it just in time to block the sword slash, the sickening streak of crimson and jet black stopped as it hit the weapon's pole.

Pushed back slightly, he was flipped backwards before regaining footing, his hand grabbing firmly on the ground as it dug into the rock. Yes, that attack was fast, his enemy's body was sturdy and his blows were mighty...

The glow of his core grew brighter, opposing his enemy's dark nature.

"You filth, begone from this world!", he roared before  kicking off the ground once more and positioning him on his opponent's blind spot with a dash. With that, he used his whole weight to pivot, a slash meant to cleave his opponent in half. But of course, a half hearted strike like this would be null against an opponent who had withstood his previous blow.

The feint quickly stopped short and the weapon moved like a serpent taking a life of it's own. With unprecedented quickness, the blade rose up in an attempt to cleave the man's face.

A pinkish shield briefly covered Sepulchure as the axe rushed towards him Ignoring the blade coming rushing for his head, he slammed his sword into Vanguard’s side, covering him in a black pillar briefly. The poleaxe cut deeply into Sepulchure’s chin and shore off his jaw. Green blood sprayed from the wound, covering Vanguard’s armor with the substance. However, the wound quickly disappeared, soon there was no evidence beyond the blood on the ground and on the armor.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2015, 08:58:34 PM »
At this point, Adjutor decides that he really needs to do something about the battlefield. The darkness wasn't a problem, but the lack of shadows most certainly is. Laivatain vanishes from the sheath, going incorporeal as it phases through the ice dome before returning to a visible form, a fiery presence rising up as it casts its light across a large portion of the factory.

Then Valmanway starts going off again, alerting the teen to several large objects falling towards the icy shell he's taken refuge in. Taking a moment to curse his stupidity in boxing himself in against a highly maneuverable foe, Adjutor's grip on Tyrfing tighten briefly before he slips into the Elemental just in time for the defunct machinery to crash down on the shell, shattering it into countless pieces.

Meanwhile, the teen takes a moment to collect himself while standing on Tyrfing before carefully watching the shadows Laivatain casts, with Xarrest preparing a Shield Concept in the meanwhile.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:02:31 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:47 PM »
Vanguard grunted in annoyance as he was covered in the black pillar. It seemed his enemy would not die easily, but the same could be said for him. The sword still stuck on his side, Vanguard decided to grab the man's arm in order to impede another strike.

For a second, his core seemed to glow even brighter. He knew whatever that pink shield was, it was quite troublesome: the moment he struck his foe, his armour had received a deep cut in the chest despite having not been reached by any weapon.

"Don't get so full of yourself, kid." The warrior growled before pivoting back and kicking the earth, with that sending a shard of rock flying at great speed towards his foe's face.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:28:27 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2015, 11:58:52 PM »
Adjutor vs Vanguard

Rebel 1

Action!

The battleground, a grassy plain interspersed with various rocky formations. The opponent, a shining metal Paragon of Might and Honor. None of this mattered, not when the hunt was on. The hunter spied his opponent from atop a nearby cliff, taking a moment to regret how his black tunic made him stick out like a sore thumb amongst the mossy gray rock.

Lightning magic for the most part, but it looks like there's some other stuff in there too...

Forty bodies, forty souls, the blood won't do us any good if we get caught by that guy, though...

Which is why we won't.

With that, the teen drew Laivatain in one hand and Tyrfing in the other. A casual wave had a spread of fireballs screaming towards the being while Adjutor slipped into Tyrfing, the shadow elemental moving the teen through the shadow to bring him to a plateau closer to ground level in case he had to dodge. Meanwhile, Xarrest prepared a Shield Concept, just in case.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
That man seemed to be quite the nuisance, posessing magical capabilities and a probable skill in close combat. Still, he was no match for the being whom he defied.

"An insect ought not challenge a mountain so casually." Vanguard muttered before dashing to that abomination. Zig zagging rapidly, Vanguard engaged in the battle, his weapon mowing the blasts of fire down as casually as one is to swat flies.

With that, the great juggernault of metal blurred at incredible speeds across the rocky formations, waving his poleaxe once more to send multiple bolts of lightning at that man's general wherabouts in order to harm him before leaping as well, his weapon aimed for that man's throat.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2015, 12:36:23 AM »
Fast.

The mana flowing through the armor gave the teen just enough time to surge mana into the Concept he'd been preparing.

"Moeskarne," he shouts, just in time for the lightning bolts to smash into the shield, cracking it severely even with the teen pouring more power into the shield.

Panthe-

Adjutor managed to Reinforce himself and sheath Laivatain just in time for the armor itself to rush him, poleaxe swinging. Everything seems to slow down, but the pole axe doesn't slow down nearly as much as he'd like as it smashes through the heavily damaged Shield, Adjutor himself handily dodging out of the way as he dashes back, drawing Rahab and firing off a volley of ice spears as he tries to create some distance. The thought of using the Armor crosses his mind, but he puts it aside. Swords won't cut it against this being, he'll need something else to do some damage.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2015, 12:40:40 AM »
"Useless."

Faced with the volley of ice shards, Vanguard spun his halberd rapidly, deflecting the projectiles with relative ease while advancing at great pace towards the man. Grabbing onto one of the shards with his hand, he quickly threw it at the man with enough force to punch a hole trough flesh.

Using the opening created by such a thing, Vanguard swung his weapon once more, the poleaxe meant to cleave the man, hook him and pull him to the behemoth in order for him to strike him with a lightning's pummeling.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2015, 12:56:23 AM »
Damn. For someone as fast as he is, he's fucking heavy!

This fact was proven by the spiderweb of cracks left in the stone with every foot print of the behemoth as he advanced towards the teen, long loping strides making headway towards catching up with the teen. Somehow, he manages to catch one of the ice spears and hurl it back. Blocking and reabsorbing the ice with Rahab wasn't much of an issue, but...

Well, bigger they are...

With a grin, Adjutor surges mana through Rahab as he continues to retreat, creating an ice pillar under his feet to launch him away from the massive swing that would have smashed through him, smashing through the ice pillar instead as he covers the ground between himself and the armor in black ice before forming another pillar to catch himself and get back down to ground level. Upon contact with the earth the teen continued to keep as much distance between himself and that armor as he could, continuing to pepper it with ice spears as Xarrest started to form a Fire Concept.

He's been blocking everything so far...hmm...can he afford to be hit by one of these?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:57:27 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2015, 01:34:23 AM »
As Vanguard kept chasing his foe, his heavy metal feet touched the ground as he readied himself to lunge once more. However, it seemed his enemy was not just all bark: as soon as he touched the floor, he began to slip and slide at tremendous speed, more icy spears aimed for him as he began to lose footing.

Quite clever... but cleverness without strength was nothing.

Swatting the projectiles with his halberd, Vanguard dug his hand in the ground with another, spinning in an akis as he kept on deflecting projectiles.

It seemed if that filth was good at anything, it was at running away. Truly he resembled a flea more and more by the second. Simply an dutterly pathetic.

Such cowardice would not be tolerated, he would crush that filthy abomination with all his might. Swinging his poleaxe once more, a mighty wave ot lightning crashed down on the black ice, the earth crumbling and carving a path for Vanguard to run trough.

Quickly, he dashed trough that path of his and leapt like a cannon ball, his humongous body of metal coming to crash down on that man. Still swinging his poleaxe with inhuman speed, strength and precision, he deflected the ice spears effectively.

As soon as his body pummeled to the ground, multiple cracks burst from the rock as the very formations shifted. Without any warning, his core glowed of a pitch black and all that surrounded him was pummeled down, crushed by an invisible force that send all to the depths of the earth below with the tenfold of the planet's power.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:07:45 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2015, 09:22:46 PM »
Hakumen Vs Vanguard

The wheel of fate is turning...

Rebel 1, Action!

Hakumen tightened his grip on Okami and faced the opposing suit of armor holding a mighty poleaxe. They stood several meters apart in an blank empty room, a single light from the impossibly centered around them, illuminating a large circle around them that gradually melded with the shadows. How they had arrived here he did not know, but one thing was certain: only one would be able to leave here alive. Hakumen gripped his sword and raised it in a vertical position in front of him. White energy surrounded his being as he began to chant.

“I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come!”

He charged forward, momentarily leaving behind a large blue sphere where he had been before, attempting to hit his opponent with the pommel of his sword.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:24:51 PM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
Vanguard was somewhat thrilled, it wasn't every day one could fight an opponent like this. Against this foe, he knew he could give his all without worry, he would annihilate him without remorse.

The great metal warrior waited for the enemy to finish his chant, at the same time readying himself for any blow. Then the enemy charged forward, momentarily leaving behind a large blue sphere where he had been before and attempting to hit him with the pommel of his sword. Yes, he was surely strong.

With that, Vanguard quickly discarded his cape ant tossed it to his opponent in order to create an opening, at the same time charging energy in his hand in order to grab that pommel that was to pounce at him and counterattack with a clean poleaxe strike to the head.