Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310293 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3555 on: January 07, 2014, 03:53:47 AM »
Really, probably not.

You can drain roughly 1 vitae a turn or so. You can drain another 1 through a certain discipline. Also, the loss of this lifeforce would cause injury to servants as they are spiritual beings. So the more the vampire feeds, the harder and harder it gets to slow her down. And once again, there's Protean, specifically a certain power that allows your hands to grow GECKO PADS to assist you in holding and grappling prey. So keeping hold of a Servant theoretically won't be a problem.

Our theoretical vampire with Bloodworking as a discipline as well can then cause an enormous amount of damage within the grapple using his powers, combined with damage during the grapple through the protean power, and then the damage from the fangs.

Then add in Vigor for MORE damage, and then you get Rider both being drained and damaged faster than repair is possible.

Well, we don't have any idea of the conversion rate from Vitae to prana. However, whilst my Sakura does not have the effectively infinite prana that Dark Sakura possesses, she is capable of controlling the amount she obtains to some extent (having trained herself) and can boost it such that her prana will recover at a far higher rate than a normal magus.

Also, gecko pads don't stop Rider going into spirit form....

And, you know, thinking about it, Rider is more like a WoD Ghoul than a Vampire. Her energy supply comes from another person, and she even has the strong attachment to her master that comes with being a ghoul, albeit voluntarily in her case.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:55:00 AM by Cherry Lover »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: January 07, 2014, 11:13:26 AM »
Argh, could you guys stop the "chatting whilst my character is stood in the room listening" thing, it makes my life a lot harder....

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 07, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
people are very often forgotten in conversation, as every socially awkward neckbeard-in-the-making knows, as he sits on his side of the room listening in but unable to get a word in edgewise.

Congrats Mike, Kiyoshi has entered this path. Next thing you know, he'll be rolling a dorf fighter when Forest gets around to GMing a DnD game

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 07, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »
This is Rider, though, not Kiyoshi.

And, it's not that people don't get ignored in conversation, it's that I never get a chance to reply to the initial action. Forest and Magos have gone off into a conversation before I even wake up....

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 07, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
Eh, I don't think it's too bad this time, from what I'm seeing. Conversation's not much more than a few sentences. Besides, Jack referred to Rider at least. Hell, the only reason Tom talked to Jack specifically there is because he brought up something relevant to his interests, otherwise he probably would have stayed quiet for longer.

...Also, surprised Jack didn't comment on both Forest and Tom being in pjs. :P In Tom's case, the image is both kinda hilarious and also adorable, especially since he's wearing his glasses too. :3
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:01:26 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 07, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »
Argh, could you guys stop the "chatting whilst my character is stood in the room listening" thing, it makes my life a lot harder....
This is Rider, though, not Kiyoshi.

And, it's not that people don't get ignored in conversation, it's that I never get a chance to reply to the initial action. Forest and Magos have gone off into a conversation before I even wake up....
It's like a fucking three line conversation. It isn't like we suddenly launched into Shakespeare.

Eh, I don't think it's too bad this time, from what I'm seeing. Conversation's not much more than a few sentences. Besides, Jack referred to Rider at least. Hell, the only reason Tom talked to Jack specifically there is because he brought up something relevant to his interests, otherwise he probably would have stayed quiet for longer.

...Also, surprised Jack didn't comment on both Forest and Tom being in pjs. :P In Tom's case, the image is both kinda hilarious and also adorable, especially since he's wearing his glasses too. :3
Jack really doesn't care and is assuming their normal clothes are shredded wrecks somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:32:43 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 07, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »
Just a heads up, since they haven't moved Mike, feel free to have Kiyoshi say something as Dark Archer and Rin are right there.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 07, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
I'd agree with you there lantz, except that SUETOSHI HAS THREATENED TO KILL ARCHER BEFORE.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »
Just a heads up, since they haven't moved Mike, feel free to have Kiyoshi say something as Dark Archer and Rin are right there.

Well, Kiyoshi is likely to trust Rin more right now, he knows her a lot better. Although, he wouldn't want them to fight.

I'd agree with you there lantz, except that SUETOSHI HAS THREATENED TO KILL ARCHER BEFORE.

Agree with what?

Also, Satoshi has made no such threat to that Archer, although Rin did hear him threaten the other one. Plus, I'm not entirely sure what Rin is going to do even if Satoshi did intend to hurt Archer. Archer is rather more powerful than her....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 07, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
Agree with private conversations being private.

Still, Rin knows he dislikes the Archer's likely in general. And if push comes to shove she can grab Lancer and the other Archer.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 07, 2014, 06:23:27 PM »
Agree with private conversations being private.

Oh, I see, you mean agree with Toshi....

Well, I guess it's up to Archer if he agrees to that or not.

Still, Rin knows he dislikes the Archer's likely in general. And if push comes to shove she can grab Lancer and the other Archer.

That's not actually true, though, he threatened Archer for a specific reason.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:24:02 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 07, 2014, 06:29:21 PM »
...It can't just be me that his one speech was rather hostile to every servant, can it?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 07, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
It was somewhat, yes (Rider certainly saw it as such at the time), but Dark Archer never actually heard it (although Rin did), and Satoshi has shown no signs of actually having any desire to harm servants in general or, even, Archer in particular. At worst he doesn't care about their well-being as much as he would for a normal human, and that is hardly an attitude Rin can criticise him for given how she treated them and thought about them when she summoned Archer.

Plus, technically, Dark Archer is not a servant any more....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:38:54 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 07, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
The speech is Ill framed but not hostile to servants.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 07, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
It might not have intentionally been, but it did come across as at very least treating servants as lesser beings that had no right to live if that meant a normal human dying instead (even if that normal human fully deserved it). Like I said, Rider certainly treated it as such at the time and, whilst she has forgotten all about that now that he gave her hot sex, it's not surprising Rin hasn't.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:41:20 PM by Cherry Lover »