Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310311 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3585 on: January 07, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »
He didn't say it was right. He never got the chance to explain the other side the of the situation because of Archer and Rider. Satoshi did not defend murder, he said he understood logic and understanding is not agreement. End of story

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: January 07, 2014, 10:13:09 PM »
You still don't defend it in front of the fucking victim, lantz. That's not the fucking time to talk about it. DON'T YOU FUCKING GET THAT?! For fuck sakes, you're coming off like a fucking sociopath.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
Booooooy, the drama sure is starting early today.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19:58 PM »
You still don't defend it in front of the fucking victim, lantz. That's not the fucking time to talk about it. DON'T YOU FUCKING GET THAT?! For fuck sakes, you're coming off like a fucking sociopath.

I agree that defending it when Hakuno was standing right in front of him was highly insensitive, but it's not sociopathic. If anything it shows a lack of emotional understanding. And the fact that we're in a play-by-post RP and writing messages to other people playing fictional characters, and thus have several levels of disconnection....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: January 07, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »
It was speak then or let a group of people string a man up. In light of that Satoshi chose the option that saved a life. And to repeat, he had not been allowed to finish his point. Which, had he done so, he would have proven Shirou wrong but not deserving of death.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:28 PM »
I doubt Shirou was going to get "strung up", Forest for example wouldn't have allowed it. And, honestly, Toshi's defence of Shirou didn't really help matters one bit.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »
Yeah but mike, it would have been metagaming for Satoshi to know that. He acted based on what he saw

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: January 07, 2014, 11:03:15 PM »
Booooooy, the drama sure is starting early today.
Sorry. This just keeps getting more and more personal for me, so I got really upset. ...Again. ...I need to stop crying over this stuff, no wonder I have so many stupid headaches anymore. ^_^"

And lantz, point is, Toshi was an inconsiderate creep there and what he did was wrong. Accept that already.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: January 07, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »
No Alice.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: January 07, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »
What he did was pretty much beyond inconsiderate, it was fucking sociopathic.

That was basically akin to walking up to rape victim and saying "You couldn't expect him to do anything but rape you in that situation, and he was totally in the right to do so."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: January 07, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »
Sorry. This just keeps getting more and more personal for me, so I got really upset. ...Again. ...I need to stop crying over this stuff, no wonder I have so many stupid headaches anymore. ^_^"

And lantz, point is, Toshi was an inconsiderate creep there and what he did was wrong. Accept that already.

No need to apologize, Alice. I understand that some things bother us, and not everyone has the same tolerance to it. Not criticizing you for that, I'd just prefer to not clutter the thread with increasingly personal arguments that can spiral out of control when they can be resolved in private.

And I realize it might not be easy to not get personal about this sort of discussion, but I do think it'd benefit everyone in the RP if we could try and keep them as unbiased and objective as possible.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:56 PM »
Nah, you're good, I shouldn't keep losing my head like this. Especially considering my position as admin. I've been letting stuff keep building on me, so I'm a lot more emotional than normal as a result, which naturally isn't good. Basically I need to learn to go off and vent once I reach that particular threshold when stuff gets personal instead of letting it get the better of me. ^_^"

You're absolutely right, by the way. With some discussions that becomes more difficult, but honestly if we could try to keep to that standard, it'd probably result in a few less bust ups like this one at least. As usual, your words are good words. :3

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: January 07, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »
That was basically akin to walking up to rape victim and saying "You couldn't expect him to do anything but rape you in that situation, and he was totally in the right to do so."

Not quite. Raping someone is never justified, killing someone can be. It was still insensitive, yes, but calling it sociopathic takes it a bit far....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »

Not quite. Raping someone is never justified, killing someone can be. It was still insensitive, yes, but calling it sociopathic takes it a bit far....
Replace rape victim with 'grieving family member of someone killed in a random driveby shooting' or 'grieving family member of a serial killer's victim' and rape with kill.

It's basically the same shit, it's insensitive as fuck is what I'm getting at. It's a dick move.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:26:48 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:47 PM »
It is insensitive, yes, but firstly there are ways to justify what Shirou did (certainly if you consider him murdering Sakura as anything other than completely inexcuseable, anyway) and secondly Toshi had a reason why he felt he had to do it, so I would certainly not call it "sociopathic". Not that sociopathic is the right word to use here anyway, sociopathy implies that you know your actions will hurt people but couldn't care less, whereas this is a case where he didn't realise what he was doing would hurt her at all.