Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310272 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3660 on: January 08, 2014, 03:14:30 PM »
And since I got this weird numb feeling where I don't feel those pesky emotions anymore without the aid of drugs or alcohol just right before I started typing that post, and am also kinda worried about fate of the forum sorts of things, please give me feedback on that last post. While probably the insults in there weren't needed... To be honest, I kinda did that thing that I said previously that I shouldn't do where I let lantz get to me sort of things. But yeah, since I'm worried, people that aren't lantz please give feedback.
At this point, a warning is probably the only thing that will get him to even slightly adjust his behavior.

Mike, at this point Lantz needs to either shape up or ship out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:16:21 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: January 08, 2014, 03:19:53 PM »
The problem is that she's basically giving Lantz a warning for being wrong about things, and for expressing an opinion that she really doesn't like. Neither of those things deserve punishment. People are entitled to have different opinions and to dislike the admins.

And, frankly, Lantz has handled this exceptionally well. If I'd been in his shoes Alice would be getting a flamethrower in the face right now....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:27:22 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: January 08, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
The next things I will say have no animosity in them. They are what I have observed.

Daiki you like a lot of us have a shitty sense of timing. Shuya's outburst turned a relatively drama less situation (Rin's teenage behavior aside) into grand central station. The situation would have been disappointing enough thanks to Rin's interference destroying the event opportunity (valid or not Dark Archer went all dumbass boyfriend because of her) but then Shuya starting a drama snowball made it all the worse.

Kiyoshi didn't get an explanation because Rin cut the drama off at the neck. She told them to head upstairs to avoid a scene. Sadly our present second master didn't know it was drama Hydra and young Rin is trying to make a power play and slandering Satoshi who has literally hurt no one to date. Threats are just words Satoshi hasn't hurt anyone.

Old Rin is the commander and after Archer's disappointing response was already on the tipping point about staying in a place where her daughter nearly was killed and young Rin sealed it. No 50 year old will legitimately listen to their 18 year old self. And it's clear she has her territory sadly marked. As such they are leaving to avoid a fight

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: January 08, 2014, 03:36:52 PM »
The problem is that Lantz has repeatedly shown no respect for anyone in this RP. His actions and posts have shown nothing but contempt for everyone. His complaints on 'BOO HOO HOO NO-ONE WANTS TO INTERACT WITH ME' and then when we do try his characters and actions basically amount to "Listen to me or I'll go into this corner and complain more."

It's frustrating and this pattern has repeated itself. He's made no visible effort to improve himself, and remember, Lantz has been doing this for MONTHS before getting a warning now. Consider it Alice's line in the sand - beyond this point, Lantz has to at the very least fucking try to be respectful to everyone and actually listen to criticism, or he can be banned. His shit has been tolerated far longer than I would have allowed.

The next things I will say have no animosity in them. They are what I have observed.

Daiki you like a lot of us have a shitty sense of timing. Shuya's outburst turned a relatively drama less situation (Rin's teenage behavior aside) into grand central station. The situation would have been disappointing enough thanks to Rin's interference destroying the event opportunity (valid or not Dark Archer went all dumbass boyfriend because of her) but then Shuya starting a drama snowball made it all the worse.

Kiyoshi didn't get an explanation because Rin cut the drama off at the neck. She told them to head upstairs to avoid a scene. Sadly our present second master didn't know it was drama Hydra and young Rin is trying to make a power play and slandering Satoshi who has literally hurt no one to date. Threats are just words Satoshi hasn't hurt anyone.

Old Rin is the commander and after Archer's disappointing response was already on the tipping point about staying in a place where her daughter nearly was killed and young Rin sealed it. No 50 year old will legitimately listen to their 18 year old self. And it's clear she has her territory sadly marked. As such they are leaving to avoid a fight
OK. Lantz. I want to point something out here - Suetoshi HAS hurt people. He went into that stupid armor thing remember? He fought Forest, he's threatened to kill multiple characters for no real particularly good reason and in general has acted nothing like the 2000 year old sage you put in your profile that he fucking is. So basically, Rin isn't making a power play, but actually stating things she has good reason to believe he'll follow through on. He pulled a sword and threatened Archer. Even MIKE thought that was going too far. His opinon of Servants is frankly, rather scary, and he seems to think of them as less than human. I could easily see him throwing on a Waffen SS uniform and ranting about them.

Basically, you have no one to blame for Rin's actions here but yourself through your own.

EDIT MARK 2

Oh, and when we extend even a modicum of trust to you, you don't do the same to us. On a meta level, I've revealed a LOT about Lawrence's powers and shit, yet you have revealed flat out fucking nothing about the majority of what your characters can do in their sheets or even within the RP and OOC threads themselves.

Quite frankly, Elf has been beyond tolerant. She's a canidate for sainthood in my book at how she's somehow been able to tolerate all your shit when I KNOW she loathes your characters. I've known of GM's that have 'Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies' things for less.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:45:06 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: January 08, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »
The thing is, though, even if all of that is true it is a matter for Elf to deal with, not Alice. Bad RPing is not a bannable offense on any reasonable forum, and nor is not listening to criticism. Those are all personal issues that should absolutely not be dealt with by the forum administration.

Further, if Lantz should be respectful to everyone else regardless of how he feels about them then he should be able to expect the same respect back, and I've not seen any indication whatsoever from you of any such respect, so why shouldn't you be getting the same warning?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: January 08, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »
Sure am glad that I have Arch on ignore.

Anyway mike the short answer is Kiyoshi didn't get an explanation because young Rin interrupted everything with this power play junk.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: January 08, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
I probably should, but Mike, here's the thing -

I'm betting you that the only reason Elf hasn't put the smackdown on Lantz's shit, is because of you. Your reactions, statements, and general attitude have been interfering with her ability to police Lantz here. She doesn't want to offend you and make you stop playing. Your declaration about Sakura going around and killing all my characters for example if Satoshi was allowed to die.

Oh, and another thing is that at least I've fucking TRIED to give Lantz the benefit of the doubt. I've been restraining myself on several things I could point out and say - THIS DOESN'T FUCKING WORK THAT WAY etc. At least I fucking try Mike, and that's more than Lantz does. Every time we do try and meet him in the middle, he runs further away.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: January 08, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »

Anyway mike the short answer is Kiyoshi didn't get an explanation because young Rin interrupted everything with this power play junk.
...Why shouldn't he? According to your own characterization of Suetoshit, he should be going "FAMILY" and explaining everything instead of ignoring him like you've gone and done. It's also hypocritical when you've called us out on the same thing, yet with an even more flimsy explanation that makes less sense than ours.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: January 08, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »
Anyone catch the hockey game the other night?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: January 08, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
Anyone catch the hockey game the other night?
See what I mean Mike? He flat out refuses to listen to anything that doesn't conform to his world view, which is basically anything that points out his sues are acting like total jackasses.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: January 08, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
All I know is that Kiyoshi is probably really outraged right now, and young Rin is very likely to shoot at someone's feet as a warning for ignoring her and trying to leave.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: January 08, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
And Young Rin will look like the aggressor YOLF.

Kiyoshi would have gotten an explanation literally a minute later but young Rin just started shit

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: January 08, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »

He's still a really angry kid who thinks Satoshi threatened his mother. He's not going to accept "Rin interrupted me" as an excuse.

Frankly, the only thing stopping Kiyoshi attacking him outright is what Alice's Rin said. And even that might not be enough, I've not decided yet.

I probably should, but Mike, here's the thing -

I'm betting you that the only reason Elf hasn't put the smackdown on Lantz's shit, is because of you. Your reactions, statements, and general attitude have been interfering with her ability to police Lantz here. She doesn't want to offend you and make you stop playing. Your declaration about Sakura going around and killing all my characters for example if Satoshi was allowed to die.

I find that highly unlikely. Whilst I have supported Lantz sometimes, I have done so mostly because you were being entirely unreasonable in dealing with him. At no point has Lantz provoked an attack on him by your characters, you just picked up on stuff he did and tried to kill him without even giving him a chance to respond, and trying to trick him into giving you excuses to kill him.

Kiyoshi would have gotten an explanation literally a minute later but young Rin just started shit

That doesn't matter, Lantz. The fact that Rin started stuff doesn't mean that Kiyoshi deserves to be ignored, and it certainly doesn't mean he's going to accept Satoshi just blowing him off like that. Let alone the rest of the family.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:06:18 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: January 08, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
Aaaaaaannd by not explaining and starting to bail, older Rin is going to paint herself and company as more suspicious.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: January 08, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »
No one in their right mind would condemn Rin in this case.

Satoshi has threatened both her lover and her sister, apparently manipulated the shit out of Rider, and is now leaving without even a single fucking WORD of even meaningless apology. It's a dick move.

And no, you can't blame Kiyoshi's lack of an explanation on Rin here, this is entirely your blatantly disregarding the characterization of your own characters.

I find that highly unlikely. Whilst I have supported Lantz sometimes, I have done so mostly because you were being entirely unreasonable in dealing with him. At no point has Lantz provoked an attack on him by your characters, you just picked up on stuff he did and tried to kill him without even giving him a chance to respond, and trying to trick him into giving you excuses to kill him.
On the contrary, I did give him time to respond. Every time he did respond though was in ways that pretty much made the situation WORSE. While I have not been entirely reasonable when dealing with him, your immediate jump to his defence the majority of the time even when what he did was frankly bullshit and made no sense hasn't exactly given Elf the option to punish him without offending you. Hell, you've stated that if Lantz is barred from this you'll leave. That quite frankly limits the options Elf has with dealing with Lantz, and is really only making the situation worse.