Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310634 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3675 on: January 08, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »
He was told to take his sister upstairs  mike, he would have been back down after doing so. Unfortunately as I said Rin interrupted that to make a power play.

do as you need however

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: January 08, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »
He was told to take his sister upstairs  mike, he would have been back down after doing so. Unfortunately as I said Rin interrupted that to make a power play.

do as you need however
The fact that you think Rin is making a powerplay is disturbing to me in multiple ways.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: January 08, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
I'm glad I didn't bring in Kassadin already or he would've choked a bitch.

For frivolous magic use. And being suspicious.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: January 08, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »
It wasn't frivolous. I won't say it again

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »
The point is that it looked frivolous.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
On the contrary, I did give him time to respond. Every time he did respond though was in ways that pretty much made the situation WORSE.

That is true, but only because you deliberately set it up so that would be the case.

While I have not been entirely reasonable when dealing with him, your immediate jump to his defence the majority of the time even when what he did was frankly bullshit and made no sense hasn't exactly given Elf the option to punish him without offending you.

I jump to his defence because I don't agree with what is being said. If I disagree with him I am quite happy to say so.

Hell, you've stated that if Lantz is barred from this you'll leave. That quite frankly limits the options Elf has with dealing with Lantz, and is really only making the situation worse.

I stated that because I don't think what Lantz had done at the time was remotely close to deserving being kicked from the RP, and also because I was generally annoyed with how other people were interacting with me. It was not a general statement, it applied to that specific situation.

do as you need however

Lantz, Kiyoshi was holding swords and glaring at the guy who he thought threatened his mother. Do you really think he was going to be fine with just being ignored, even temporarily? Honestly, I was considering having him attack Satoshi straight away, but I held back to give Satoshi at least a chance to explain. He didn't take it, and there's no way Kiyoshi is letting him just walk out the door without an answer.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:22:17 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: January 08, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Kiyoshi Stab-a-tron 3000, go!

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: January 08, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
The point is that it looked frivolous.
And it kinda is and was frivolous.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: January 08, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Do as you need dude, none of my characters will shit the bed mike.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: January 08, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »
If only because the bed has been shit on so much by them already it is shit.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: January 08, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
Daiki you like a lot of us have a shitty sense of timing. Shuya's outburst turned a relatively drama less situation (Rin's teenage behavior aside) into grand central station. The situation would have been disappointing enough thanks to Rin's interference destroying the event opportunity (valid or not Dark Archer went all dumbass boyfriend because of her) but then Shuya starting a drama snowball made it all the worse.

But drama is good for a RP. You can't expect rainbows and sunshine with that cocktail of strong personalities gathered under the same roof. I gave you a window to bounce upon his past behavior and to clean himself from the charges he is accused before a large part of their group. What's wrong with that exactly?

Kiyoshi didn't get an explanation because Rin cut the drama off at the neck. She told them to head upstairs to avoid a scene. Sadly our present second master didn't know it was drama Hydra and young Rin is trying to make a power play and slandering Satoshi who has literally hurt no one to date. Threats are just words Satoshi hasn't hurt anyone.

Well, Satoshi has the opportunity to explain himself right now. He, at least, owes that much to Kiyoshi. It doesn't need to escalate to a fight, all you have to do is give a mere clarification. Kiyoshi probably won't be happy about Satoshi using his mother as fake bait but it will always be better than how he will react if you decide to make your characters walk away. I ask you once again (and do note it's the last time I will bother) to reconsider at least your last post. There's an easy way to get out of this mess but, only if you put a slight effort into it.

Old Rin is the commander and after Archer's disappointing response was already on the tipping point about staying in a place where her daughter nearly was killed and young Rin sealed it. No 50 year old will legitimately listen to their 18 year old self. And it's clear she has her territory sadly marked. As such they are leaving to avoid a fight

A fifty year old should be able to talk her way out from curious people, especially when that person happens to be her past self. If she didn't want to stay in that place, she shouldn't have stayed at all, period. And once again, there's no need for a fight. Just talk.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: January 08, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »
Well, Lantz's characters haven't actually left yet, so there is no real need for him to undo the post. Kiyoshi at least will be responding before they go. Whether or not Lantz's characters decide to change their mind about leaving is up to him, though....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:14:42 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: January 08, 2014, 08:41:43 PM »
The Glorious Sir Bonesington returns!

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: January 08, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
Drama is Ok in an RP. It's only good if executed properly, and like I said Shuya basically t boned the situation. His confrontation was fine but there was already another event happening (or at least attempting to) with Dark Archer. So that created a cluster fuck.

Satoshi in fact doesn't have the opportunity to deal with this. As Rin will be forced to point out Archer hates Sakura pretty much and Satoshi doesn't talk about this stuff in front of his sister. Both Archer and Taiga would have been away from the two boys if Rin hadn't tiraded on pointing her shining finger accusingly at Satoshi who has, yet again hurt no one in the process of his threats all of which to my recollection are bluffs.

and as mike said they aren't gone yet

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: January 08, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »
Luka watch out your virtue is at risk

again