Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 311600 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3750 on: January 09, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
He finds happy families boring, is why!
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: January 09, 2014, 09:47:07 PM »
Correction is all you get arch
...Where?

For that matter, how the hell is she human? That doesn't make sense at all Lantz.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:26 PM »
It makes sense in lantz's alternate universe, Arch. As long as his characters are internally consistent, you can't really do much here.

And I've been thinking. Now that we have 9 character slots, we can run the gamut of character alignments. I'm talking making 9 characters with every different alignment, all the way from Good to Evil, Lawful to Chaotic. Anyone here up to the challenge?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: January 09, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
Let's see... I have Outrageously Neutral, Neutral, Neutral, Lawful Evil (mostly Neutral), Chaotic Good, and Chaotic Evil.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: January 09, 2014, 10:15:36 PM »
It makes sense in lantz's alternate universe, Arch. As long as his characters are internally consistent, you can't really do much here.

And I've been thinking. Now that we have 9 character slots, we can run the gamut of character alignments. I'm talking making 9 characters with every different alignment, all the way from Good to Evil, Lawful to Chaotic. Anyone here up to the challenge?
Being internally consistant doesn't make it any less stupid from the rules of the Nasuverse, which this is an AU of. We shouldn't even be calling it an Alternate Universe at this point, more like an Original Universe that wears the nasuverse face like a universe version of Leatherface.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »

So far I have Neutral, Lawful Neutral, and Lawful Evil. So I could theoretically do it.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: January 09, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »
Exactly Bloble, I have never said my stuff matches everything perfectly (especially when the author keeps releasing side material which adds new shit or "corrects" "misconceptions")

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: January 09, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »

Honestly, I was considering whether it was plausible to make Sakura be able to use shadows to teleport, and I came close to deciding it was, so I don't think it's that far off the mark.

I can't, Kiyoshi and Rider already have the same alignment....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: January 09, 2014, 11:12:58 PM »
Even going by the material given at the time you supposedly wrote this, that shit doesn't work.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: January 09, 2014, 11:23:32 PM »
I said before people need to chill out.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: January 09, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »
I said before people need to chill out.
I'm perfectly calm. I'm just pointing out that despite your claims of AU status, your fic is about as related to the Nasuverse as Halloween III was to all the other Halloween movies.

In other words, in name only. Everything else is SO DIFFERENT there's no real reason to even call it a fanfiction anymore really.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:27:27 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: January 09, 2014, 11:32:24 PM »
That's because you know nothing about the story or any of the preceding events arch

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: January 09, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
...No. No, I've read the story. At least, what you've posted about it and from it.

It really has no true connection to the Nasuverse because the mechanics and concepts behind it are basically thrown out a window, beaten to death with a sledgehammer, then reanimated by running fishing line through the decaying corpse and using it like a puppet, and the puppeteer has no fucking clue what he's doing.

Really, for a story you already have apparently written out, the next chapter is taking an awfully long time to post. And the characterization of the characters we do see is so off and wrong that it makes no damn sense. They're like puppets on strings, except the person puppeting them has parkinsons and no idea how people actually live, talk, or act. It takes a lot of effort Lantz to get so much WRONG like you did. I have to give you props for that you really went the extra mile to screw things up.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:03 PM »
Magos, stop it. This is the Cross Effects discussion thread not the "rip Lantz's stories to shreds" thread.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:01 PM »
When all but TWO of his characters are from this universe (And one of these characters hasn't showed up and the other hasn't had a post involving her in freaking MONTHS) then it sorta is relevant.

But I will stop.