Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310403 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3825 on: January 11, 2014, 04:19:17 AM »
And if being arrested isn't emotional stress I'll eat a hat.

It is for a normal person, not so much for someone who fully intends to bust out at the first opportunity anyway....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: January 11, 2014, 04:26:03 AM »
And if being arrested isn't emotional stress I'll eat a hat.

It is for a normal person, not so much for someone who fully intends to bust out at the first opportunity anyway....
It is for someone who knows what US prisons are like.

You either become Bubba's bitch, get shanked by the Aryan Brotherhood for being a race traitor, or by the Latin Kings or the Black Guerilla's for the same, or join in with one of them and then get shanked by someone in one of the other gangs.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: January 11, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »
Like I said, that's only true if Satoshi had the slighest intention of letting himself spend any time whatsoever in prison, which he clearly didn't.

Also, that stuff isn't really so scary when you can beat up the entirety of the "Aryan Brotherhood" by yourself whilst standing on your head and using only one finger to fight, which I think most of our characters could....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: January 11, 2014, 04:38:19 AM »
Like I said, that's only true if Satoshi had the slighest intention of letting himself spend any time whatsoever in prison, which he clearly didn't.

Also, that stuff isn't really so scary when you can beat up the entirety of the "Aryan Brotherhood" by yourself whilst standing on your head and using only one finger to fight, which I think most of our characters could....
Even then that'd be probably on his mind at least a little. Even if you're planning to escape, if you kill a cop you are in so much shit it isn't even funny.

I think you're implying that they also don't have their own supernatural killers in the system. A single bribe, and suddenly you've got a Loup Garou as a cellmate at the time of the full moon. Enjoy your death.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: January 11, 2014, 04:41:13 AM »
It doesn't justify carrying the parts around with him all the damn time. You don't see me carrying a box of Possessed or Havoc's around all the time.
That's because that would make you a filthy heretic.

And Lantz, really the one question I have about the durability is: How did it emerge from Inferno Cop's car EXPLODING HIM completely undamaged? I mean, I don't care about satoshi being alive and a-ok because he's a pseudo-lich (with his phylactery in avalon), but a model would have sustained damage.

I mean, just have the narrative point out "he did what he could with the damaged pieces" or something. It's not a big deal, but it hurts my OCD to see such perfect model construction despite such damaging circumstance, of which circumstances of far less heat and power would have warped any other model, even a smaller one. Which I know from experience.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: January 11, 2014, 04:42:22 AM »
Even then that'd be probably on his mind at least a little. Even if you're planning to escape, if you kill a cop you are in so much shit it isn't even funny.

I think you're assuming more respect for and interest in the law than Satoshi has in this situation. I don't think he's remotely bothered about the legality of his actions, if he was he wouldn't have built a massive castle in the middle of the city in the first place....

I see no reason for him to be particularly stressed about the police showing up and arresting him. Sure it's a pain in the ass, but it's not emotionally stressful. It's just another annoying problem to deal with. Even more so when Tsukasa showed up and, thus, gave him an easier way out.

I think you're implying that they also don't have their own supernatural killers in the system. A single bribe, and suddenly you've got a Loup Garou as a cellmate at the time of the full moon. Enjoy your death.

I've not seen any indication of such, and even if they did exist I doubt there are that many more powerful than Satoshi, particularly since being powerful tends to mean you don't get arrested in the first place....

And Lantz, really the one question I have about the durability is: How did it emerge from Inferno Cop's car EXPLODING HIM completely undamaged? I mean, I don't care about satoshi being alive and a-ok because he's a pseudo-lich (with his phylactery in avalon), but a model would have sustained damage.

I think Toshi was pulled out of the car before it exploded. He set the flame going and then got Tsukasa to warp him out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:43:56 AM by Cherry Lover »

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: January 11, 2014, 04:47:30 AM »
particularly since being powerful tends to mean you don't get arrested in the first place....
Satoshi got arrested, though.

Also, I could make a list of supernaturally powerful thingies that get arrested too, if you want.

Hurry Durrsden, wizard extraordinaire and more recently gigantic nerd takes the head of that list.
The dragonborn, if you somehow have no cash on you at level 70/higher and don't want no trabble
Skinwalkers, but you wouldn't know if they're powerful until after they eat you

I could go on

I think Toshi was pulled out of the car before it exploded. He set the flame going and then got Tsukasa to warp him out.
Nah, I made the car blow up in the ONE INSTANCE where Inferno Cop was 100% in character. Lantz had nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:48:31 AM by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: January 11, 2014, 04:50:52 AM »
Ever hear of this sort of thing Mike? You get a hitter from the outside arrested on some charges, fast-tracked through the system through bribes and due to certain heinous crimes, and then into the same cell as the target.

They're out the next week as the arresting officer violated certain procedures.

Do. Not. Fuck. With. Organized. Crime.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: January 11, 2014, 04:52:27 AM »
Satoshi was ported out before any damage occurred.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 11, 2014, 04:59:46 AM »
I don't think you get to dictate that as it's Infernocop's car. And you sorta jumped the gun on Nachos plan.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: January 11, 2014, 05:04:05 AM »
Wasn't talking about the car

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: January 11, 2014, 05:05:27 AM »
Even then the fire should have damaged the model.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: January 11, 2014, 05:07:28 AM »
that didn't happen before I made the car explosion happen, I checked before I'd posted and the was the "explosion of blood" but no taking Satoshi out of the car itself

Satoshi would not have died, therefore I broke no rules

Satoshi has no time-rewind abilities, therefore cannot perform actions before an action that has already happened

therefore what

and if you're not talking about the car exploding, then what are you talking about. there is literally nothing else with this context you could have been talking about, unless you're saying something in relation to something that happened a few pages ago and not letting anyone know what it is beforehand

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 11, 2014, 05:16:30 AM »
More then certain I was clear about pulling out before you made the car explode

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 11, 2014, 05:22:29 AM »
Okay yeah I checked again and you displaced both satoshit and tsukasa-es-micasa three blocks from the car

without any kind of preparation or familiar to play switcharoo with, which what you bordering on true magic there sonny

but yeah not in the car. Admittance of failure on my part.

I will now go flay myself in repentance.