Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310465 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4140 on: January 19, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
Yeah right. For that matter, I'm pretty much 100% sure you'll be ripping off silent hill. And making there be no dark world for some reason.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:47 AM »
See this is the problem. If you were actually being a critic rather than a bully you would listen when I point out an issue with the way you put forward your points.

also, never played silent hill, don't ever want to.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: January 19, 2014, 12:37:21 AM »
I do realize I'm being a dick, but honestly this is sort of my default posting attitude. I was weaned on the desolate wastes of 4chan, where everyone was a faggot, especially the OP.  Niceness was secondary to presenting your opinion.

Wait, you want to do survival horror and you AREN'T familiar with Silent Hill? Seriously!?!?!?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: January 19, 2014, 12:59:12 AM »
I'm well aware of the Chan and it's method. Honestly politeness goes a lot further in general. You have a username which gives you an image and being a dick makes people like myself who prefer social interaction over a scream match wary of you.

I've given out a lot of details to people about my works because they were polite and openly listen. As long as everyone is chill I'm fairly receptive.

my grammar sucks, I know that but I already said my issues are private. It makes communication harder in text but I am trying. And really trying is all effort can guarantee. Life isn't all success.

as for silent hill, I'm familiar with it, it's basically Lovecraft light. And Survival horror doesn't end with silent hill, hell technically it begins with alone in the dark

edit: Auto correct, you sir, you are a right bastard
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:01:25 AM by lantzblades »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: January 19, 2014, 01:00:40 AM »
I do realize I'm being a dick, but honestly this is sort of my default posting attitude. I was weaned on the desolate wastes of 4chan, where everyone was a faggot, especially the OP.  Niceness was secondary to presenting your opinion.

This isn't 4chan. Don't use the word 'faggot' like that, and watch the attitude.

I don't care what your 'default' attitude is, or where you learned to talk with people on the internet; you're being a dick. It doesn't matter that your points are accurate (and they are) when you are being more abrasive than Mike on a BL anti-moderation rant.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: January 19, 2014, 01:16:55 AM »
This isn't 4chan. Don't use the word 'faggot' like that, and watch the attitude.

I don't care what your 'default' attitude is, or where you learned to talk with people on the internet; you're being a dick. It doesn't matter that your points are accurate (and they are) when you are being more abrasive than Mike on a BL anti-moderation rant.
Oh, I know, it's just that 90% of the time being nice to lantz is just not worth the effort. He's far too paranoid and his immense victim complex makes any bit of criticism seem to be a personal attack. He also entirely ignores his critics all the damn time even when they're making valid points. If I have to be abrasive to get through that thick skull of his sometimes, then I'll be abrasive.

Lantz, first doesn't always mean it's what made it big or successful. Dune came out before Star Wars, but Star Wars made science fiction huge. Silent Hill has defined what a good survival horror game should be, despite some serious missteps in the franchise. As such, going into a survival horror based game without a rudimentary knowledge of Silent Hill and why it works is shooting yourself in the foot. Just saying.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: January 19, 2014, 01:29:04 AM »
I give up. Think what you want Arch, I tried to acknowledge your issue seriously and you just shrugged it off.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: January 19, 2014, 02:07:11 AM »
Mike, do you want me to wait for you to post?

With Kiyoshi I don't mind, as long as you don't run too far ahead of me or post anything he's going to want to reply to. With Rider, though, I think I need to reply first, there's enough stuff to deal with there as it is.

Oh, I know, it's just that 90% of the time being nice to lantz is just not worth the effort.

Then stop bitching when he responds to your lack of effort in the way that it deserves to be responded to.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:11:24 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: January 19, 2014, 02:43:33 AM »
Any sappier and I'd have enough maple syrup for everyone.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
I'm not sure if it's just because I didn't read the, like, first 50 pages of the RP, but the way Satoshi and co are acting overly familiar and chummy with Forest comes off as a little creepy to me.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: January 19, 2014, 02:56:26 AM »
I'm not sure if it's just because I didn't read the, like, first 50 pages of the RP, but the way Satoshi and co are acting overly familiar and chummy with Forest comes off as a little creepy to me.

That's the exact problem I'm having right now.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: January 19, 2014, 02:58:42 AM »
...Is it odd that I'm starting to feel like I was completely right about Rin starting to think that the Toshi clan is a cult?

Because I agree with the two posts above me, I'm kinda being majorly creeped out by that post. D: And I've been here since day one, so I know that there's very little reason for Toshi's gang to be that chummy with Forest.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: January 19, 2014, 03:02:01 AM »
How many people is Shirou blood related to? Oh that's right zero. Their measure of family is different.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: January 19, 2014, 03:03:36 AM »
How many people is Shirou blood related to? Oh that's right zero. Their measure of family is different.
Holy shit it IS A CULT! DON'T DRINK THE BLOOD FLAVORED KOOLAID FOREST!

(Also when you say family I'm starting to think of the Mansons and the parallels are really creepy.)

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: January 19, 2014, 03:45:07 AM »
As Lancer said earlier Forest SAVED Sakura's life. I think that's more than enough reason to be "chummy"