Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310347 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4245 on: January 21, 2014, 08:17:02 AM »
Sorry, no, they don't have anything to get through Obsfucate. Satoshi is still human, and so is Connor. If LANCER can't sense him, then neither of them should be able to. Basically you claiming they can sense him now is asspulling of the highest magnitude. Hell, the Taiga Seeing Aura's thing was also bullshit, because that's never mentioned in her sheet or at all before.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: January 21, 2014, 08:27:54 AM »
Wrong arch. Just be happy you got this much, you never declared entering the room and passing lancer, so I don't care. Your obvious pk set up is nonsense
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:28:31 AM by lantzblades »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: January 21, 2014, 08:30:40 AM »
I pointed out that he was eavesdropping, by which I assumed people would realize, "Oh, he's in the room." Really dude, quit your bitching and accept it. This is far less important than the GIANT CASTLE OF BULLSHIT bit. This is just one character doing what he does for a living.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: January 21, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
No Arch. I'm not going to have them continue. Take your minmaxed munchkin PKing nonsense elsewhere

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: January 21, 2014, 09:10:17 AM »
Picard's Epic Double Facepalm

Lantz, stop being THAT GUY

You're making a huge deal out of something tiny, just let him listen in. It's not like they're sharing 101 ways to kill each other, how the fuck is it going to help him PK you, assuming he even wants to this time around?

spoiler it won't

this entire thing is stupid

And even if you were going to have them just leave, just fucking do it instead of threatening to, nobody wants to read two pages in the discussion thread about "I'M GOING TO DO IT" "But it makes no sense" "I'M STILL GOING TO DO IT WATCH ME" "IC, this makes no sense dude what the fuck" "CAREFUL MY FINGER IS ABOVE THE POST BUTTON AAAAAAAAH"

basically do it or don't, but stop cluttering the damn thread

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: January 21, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »
You're right that I should have stopped after notifying Mike that the meeting is trashed. That much is true Names.

the thing is the rest of it is secret for a reason and all his characters ever do is try to fuck up or kill my characters and I have no doubt this is the same as those times. As such I have to shut it down because I'm sick of the bullshit boring cycle of fending off murder attempts.

and seriously don't try and tell me he's not going to, I don't believe it for a second.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:42 AM »
Heeeeeey guys, what happened yesterday while I wasn't aroun -

God, really? I echo Names's feelings on this. Seriously.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: January 21, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
You're making a huge deal out of something tiny, just let him listen in. It's not like they're sharing 101 ways to kill each other, how the fuck is it going to help him PK you, assuming he even wants to this time around?

Because Lantz is going to explain what is in the chest, which he hasn't revealed to everyone in the RP precisely because he doesn't trust Arch not to abuse that knowledge, and because Arch repeatedly keeps going out of the way to kill his characters.

And, frankly, Arch is pulling some really dubious bullshit here. He is once again abusing powers that he claims there is no counter for and refusing to give Lantz's characters any possibility of bypassing it despite there being a whole bunch of not-normal people in the room. And I'm pretty sure he's doing it to either give himself some justification for another murder attempt on Lantz's characters or to discover the contents of the chest so he can kill Lantz's characters with impunity.

And, frankly, after the way Magos has acted I do not blame Lantz one bit for assuming that is his intention. When he starts showing any kind of intent to be reasonable towards Lantz and stop meta-gaming and making up OP characters to attack Lantz with then perhaps Lantz might trust him not to abuse anything he finds out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:51:54 PM by Cherry Lover »

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: January 21, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
wow it's still fucking nothing

if arch really is metagaming he'd find out anyway once, you know, The Lantz Gang reveals the contents of the box, and then he'd still abuse it

so if arch is guilty of what you say he is it doesn't fucking matter anyway

and if he's innocent then it doesn't fucking matter anyway too, because Jack isn't going to attack them as he said earlier

So yeah, fucking nothing

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »
Well, I think Lantz intends to only tell the people who have characters in the room what is in the box, to prevent Arch finding out.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »
Names just stop please. It's clear you won't recognize the main issue here, it's pointless to continue the argument. There's no need to clutter up the thread. I'll take care of the issue by doing what I said I would and that is that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »
The thing is, had Magos actually RP'd any of this I could accept what he's doing as valid, but he hasn't done that at all. He's just decreed that he's in the room based on one post he made about following them (that happened when they were all already in the room and had had plenty of chance to detect him) and is refusing to accept any possibility of them detecting him. That is not, to me, acceptable RPing, and if he's claiming to have powers that cannot be bypassed then he is quite simply OP.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: January 21, 2014, 01:53:30 PM »
In the end I won't accept the situation as is. It's utter garbage, so I'm going to cut off the meeting by whatever means I must. You're right Mike and frankly the number of characters that should be able to get past it in that room is ridiculous but Arch wants to uber power his characters while hypocritically shouting Mary sue at me so I have little choice but to undercut the scene thanks to what is effectively phasing through a wall.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: January 21, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
Names just stop please.
Because I'm the one who reignited the argument right

wait that's not right, I'm just the one refuting the re-ignition with points that don't agree with you, so I'm the one that should stop, K

by your command, my lord God
It's clear you won't recognize the main issue here, it's pointless to continue the argument.
lel

the ironies

There's no need to clutter up the thread.
Clutter is the last two pages: the same two posts reworded at least thirty times, going absolutely nowhere. Bringing up new points to bounce back and forth is not clutter, because it brings up new, relevant stuff.

Education~

The thing is, had Magos actually RP'd any of this I could accept what he's doing as valid, but he hasn't done that at all. He's just decreed that he's in the room based on one post he made about following them (that happened when they were all already in the room and had had plenty of chance to detect him) and is refusing to accept any possibility of them detecting him. That is not, to me, acceptable RPing, and if he's claiming to have powers that cannot be bypassed then he is quite simply OP.
Let me put it this way: He has an ability that makes him as unnoticeable as a wall: there, people know he's there, but they don't give a fuck. Is it in his sheet? If Y, okay. If N, he can fuck off. Do Lantz's characters have an ability to detect such things? Y, then look at the sheet. N, they can't see him. If Y, look at the sheet: Is there even a MINUSCULE MENTION of it? Y, They notice. N, they cannot fucking detect him as an anomaly.

If the order is Y N or Y Y N, then he could have damn well have opened the door and sat on the bed, and they wouldn't have fucking noticed him and it would all have been in keeping with what we know of each other, which is what sheets are for: letting the other RP people know shit.

It's that fucking simple.

If it works against him then maybe he should put more than thirty seconds into his sheets.

I'm done with this argument now, I've been commanded by my God, Lord of Everything, to stop.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: January 21, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »
Sorry, that is just bollocks. I agree that Lantz's sheets should be more detailed, but people do forget to put abilities on their sheet sometimes, especially when they seem like obvious abilities. And, plus, Magos made his character after Lantz did and obviously made said character to try to bypass Lantz's characters in every way possible, which seems to me like utter bullshit.

Also, the fact that Magos managed to hoodwink Elf into accepting crap like that on his sheets doesn't mean it's OK for him to abuse the hell out of it. And, for that matter, I don't recall anything on Magos' sheet saying he can resist Taiga's eyes, but he still did it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:06:12 PM by Cherry Lover »