Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310464 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4260 on: January 21, 2014, 02:04:03 PM »
Satoshi has divine protection, I forgot about it because it is rarely used but it works here.

as for the rest of your post. Your previous statements looked to be starting a new argument Names. I asked you to stop because we don't need anymore.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
Lucas Klein is approved!

Woooooooo! *throws confetti*

And thanks for the welcome, guys :)
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: January 21, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
Given that I don't want the conversation eavesdroped on any further. Mike, Elf mind if I just post now to speed this along and get Arch's vampire out quicker?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: January 21, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »
Sure, logically you should have detected him ages ago, but Magos never mentioned he was there.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: January 21, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »
Sorry, that is just bollocks. I agree that Lantz's sheets should be more detailed, but people do forget to put abilities on their sheet sometimes, especially when they seem like obvious abilities. And, plus, Magos made his character after Lantz did and obviously made said character to try to bypass Lantz's characters in every way possible, which seems to me like utter bullshit.

Also, the fact that Magos managed to hoodwink Elf into accepting crap like that on his sheets doesn't mean it's OK for him to abuse the hell out of it. And, for that matter, I don't recall anything on Magos' sheet saying he can resist Taiga's eyes, but he still did it.

Then he should correct the sheet. There are no 'obvious abilities'. Detection of invisible or otherwise obscured people needs to be made note of in 'things my character is capable of'.

Most of my characters don't have that on their sheets, and I would not complain about the use of abilities that took advantage of this blind spot.

And he hasn't 'hoodwinked' Elf; that's incredibly disrespectful of her on your part, Mike.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: January 21, 2014, 02:51:28 PM »
Sure, he should correct his sheet, although I think he doesn't because of technical issues a lot of the time. But, then, this particular ability is on there anyway....

And, well, Elf doesn't know exactly what WoD vampires can do, so it's not hard for Magos to pull the wool over her eyes. And, also, I think she trusted him to RP them more reasonably than he actually does.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:52:09 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: January 21, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
You're very welcome, Mooncake! :D ...Sorry this is what you had to come in on again. ^^"

And lantz, I'd really suggest not stopping that meeting, for your own sake. Having just learned that you deliberately ignore the entirety of Nasuverse canon except for small parts of it because you feel no need to respect the source material of things you've stolen from to make up what you call a Universe, that means we have no idea how your characters work or why. This is made even more egregious by what you have failed to put on your sheets. Nor do you ever add this information to your sheets, as both Mike and Aiden have just said that you should do. 

Quite frankly, this new information about your canon is about the last straw for me lantz. I believe a GM decision should be made about your RPing. It's gotten to the point where I'm honestly thinking of leaving the RP and consequently the forum, because I've quite frankly had enough of your behavior and your blatant disrespect for everyone that is not yourself. If your behavior doesn't change drastically for the better,  and fast, it will become a situation where people will have to choose between you staying or me staying. And I honestly don't think anyone wants it to come down to that. 

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: January 21, 2014, 03:03:35 PM »
Sure, he should correct his sheet, although I think he doesn't because of technical issues a lot of the time. But, then, this particular ability is on there anyway....

And, well, Elf doesn't know exactly what WoD vampires can do, so it's not hard for Magos to pull the wool over her eyes. And, also, I think she trusted him to RP them more reasonably than he actually does.

I have the same power explained in more detail than Magos put it in on my own sheet for Marius, and she approved it. So, no, she knows pretty well how this particular bit of vampiric power works.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: January 21, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »
He's not going to stop the meeting, he's going to find Magos, using an ability he has included on his sheet. I don't see anything wrong with that.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: January 21, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
Divine protection Aiden, as in ha with (straight from the moon rune boys at bl no less) Saber Satoshi has power from the lady of the lake. Saber was Water walking and the sword. Satoshi has water breathing and resistance to all forms of common illusions and tricks the typical stuff fairy are known for. This is enough leverage to detect Arch.

Alice you had Archer disown a child and I didn't complain despite that I believe it to be totally wrong. The reason being that you have the right to play your characters your way. And the same goes for me, if you can't deal with that basic fact then I don't know what to tell you.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: January 21, 2014, 03:18:49 PM »
He's not going to stop the meeting, he's going to find Magos, using an ability he has included on his sheet. I don't see anything wrong with that.
OK. Mike. If he'd done that bit first off, then I'd have had few complaints - except the power he's using is pretty much a bullshit 'NO SNEAK ATTACKS EVAR' bit and that's all we know about it. In his sheet it contains none of the details, which is a problem with Lantz's sheets as a whole, and now he drops this bombshell that 'Taiga' isn't blind, despite stating that quite a few times before. For as much as he complains about me being a minmaxing munchkin (Minmaxing isn't a bad thing, and I find the last bit laughable) all of his characters are fucking perfect stats wise most of the time. So look in the mirror before throwing that out Lantz, because you're doing that far more than I am.

But basically I agree with Names, just fucking post then Lantz and stop being a little bitch about it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: January 21, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »

Alright then. Let's take it down to a vote.

lantz. Or me.

Who should stay in the RP and who should go?

Because I'm officially done with this bullshit.

The person with the least votes should leave the RP permanently. Hopefully Elf will make sure and enforce the group's decision.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:22:42 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: January 21, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »
I'd rather have Alice so we don't have fucking arguments like this again and have to deal with the Sue Brigade.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: January 21, 2014, 03:25:25 PM »
Taiga arch is a result of you not reading posts. Divine protection has been there since day one, it's just that I never thought it would ever matter so I forgot it was on my sheet.

Alice it's not your game, that's a GM only call to make

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: January 21, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »
OK. Mike. If he'd done that bit first off, then I'd have had few complaints - except the power he's using is pretty much a bullshit 'NO SNEAK ATTACKS EVAR' bit and that's all we know about it. In his sheet it contains none of the details, which is a problem with Lantz's sheets as a whole, and now he drops this bombshell that 'Taiga' isn't blind, despite stating that quite a few times before. For as much as he complains about me being a minmaxing munchkin (Minmaxing isn't a bad thing, and I find the last bit laughable) all of his characters are fucking perfect stats wise most of the time. So look in the mirror before throwing that out Lantz, because you're doing that far more than I am.

But basically I agree with Names, just fucking post then Lantz and stop being a little bitch about it.

I agree that his sheet really could do with more details, but I think that is mainly because he posts from his phone, and his phone can't cope with editing long posts. As for Taiga, the "seeing colours" thing has been around for a long time (she did it when she first met Kiyoshi), and she is blind in the usual sense (if you had someone like that in real life I'm pretty sure they'd be classed as blind).

And, min-maxing isn't a bad thing in the right context. But, this isn't an RP about maximising your characters' ability to fight, it's more about character interaction and discussion, which makes min-maxing more of an issue. Also, Lantz dislikes min-maxing as a general thing, which is just personal preference.

Alright then. Let's take it down to a vote.

lantz. Or me.

Who should stay in the RP and who should go?

Because I'm officially done with this bullshit.

Both should stay. I do not wish to see either of you leave or be forced out of the RP.

It's not up to us, though, it's Elf's choice how to handle it.

The person with the least votes should leave the RP permanently. Hopefully Elf will make sure and enforce the group's decision.

Honestly, if Elf kicks either of you as a result of this, I will walk too. This is not tyranny by majority, the majority disliking someone doesn't mean they have to leave. I will not have my friends forced out of the RP and the forum, and I have no desire to be part of an RP run on that basis.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:31:01 PM by Cherry Lover »