Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310482 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4275 on: January 21, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
If Lantz dislikes minmaxing then why do all of his characters have virtually perfect statistics? If this isn't about that sort of shit then why do all of his characters seemingly have A's in the majority of their stats?

As for the seeing colors, if that's only been mentioned once then my bad, I probably missed it. But the point still stands that he should put the details in to start with so it seems less like a total asspull when he brings up stuff like this. Without any of the associated context or information put in first off, we view it as an enormous asspull, primarily because it is an enormous asspull.

Also so far it's 2 votes Alice, 1 vote Lantz.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
.... I'm not usually one to use such words.

BUT CAN WE ALL FUCKING DROP THIS DRAMA AND BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS?! To hell with the voting, there are deeper problems here!
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

I3uster

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:59 PM »
I vote for Lantz, his hat pulling munchkin shenanigans are the main reason to lurk this thread.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: January 21, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »
You mean like Lantz's bullshit 'WAAAH NO ONE GETS TO HAVE FUN IF I DON'T GET MY WAY' metagaming? Or the fact that we're arguing in general?

I vote for Lantz, his hat pulling munchkin shenanigans are the main reason to lurk this thread.
I <3 you too I3uster.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »
If Lantz dislikes minmaxing then why do all of his characters have virtually perfect statistics? If this isn't about that sort of shit then why do all of his characters seemingly have A's in the majority of their stats?

That's not min-maxing, that's just OP. Min-maxing would be having characters with an E in something that is actually meaningless so you can get an A in everything else.

As for the seeing colors, if that's only been mentioned once then my bad, I probably missed it. But the point still stands that he should put the details in to start with so it seems less like a total asspull when he brings up stuff like this. Without any of the associated context or information put in first off, we view it as an enormous asspull, primarily because it is an enormous asspull.

Yeah, I agree his sheets could do with more detail.

Also so far it's 2 votes Alice, 1 vote Lantz.

I somehow doubt that Elf is going to go along with this, honestly. She hasn't given any kind of approval to the idea and it doesn't seem like her sort of thing to me.

.... I'm not usually one to use such words.

BUT CAN WE ALL FUCKING DROP THIS DRAMA AND BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS?! To hell with the voting, there are deeper problems here!

Yeah....

Honestly, I think there are genuine issues with Lantz's RPing (particularly with regards to the detail in the sheet), but they tend to get buried under this sort of crap and never dealt with as a result. Lantz is willing to try to resolve stuff like this, I think, but right now he is basically having to walk on eggshells all the time, because anything he says can be interpreted as an insult.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:42:43 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: January 21, 2014, 03:42:41 PM »
Stop voting.

There is literally no point to the exercise except show we're childish morons who can't solve interpersonal issues properly.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: January 21, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »
So you're admitting that all of Lantz's characters are OP?

Oh, and his sheets should have far, far, far more detail. For that matter, Mike, when you threaten to leave and disable the site if Elf acts, then you're basically becoming the GM yourself and preventing her from doing her job. Don't do that. You're interfering with Elf's ability to control the game.

Stop voting.

There is literally no point to the exercise except show we're childish morons who can't solve interpersonal issues properly.
Really, I'd agree if this wasn't the only way I can really see solving this issue short of permabanning Lantz.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: January 21, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
vote over, the Spiritual Liege has spoken

now update untouchable you, you double lurker

Seriously though this entire vote is fucking retarded. I vote +1 to "shut the fuck up and RP you guys shit"

stop whining about what's going on and saying "I'm doing this" and do it already

Will repeat ad infinitum ad nauseum until shit actually happens

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: January 21, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »
Thank you Names

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: January 21, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
So you're admitting that all of Lantz's characters are OP?

Well, it's hard to define "OP" in this context. But, they are quite powerful, yes.

Oh, and his sheets should have far, far, far more detail.

Agreed.

For that matter, Mike, when you threaten to leave and disable the site if Elf acts, then you're basically becoming the GM yourself and preventing her from doing her job. Don't do that. You're interfering with Elf's ability to control the game.

Well, I feel Alice is doing something similar here, so I don't see why I shouldn't also do so. I've never been someone who cares about rules and procedures, I just do what I think is right.

If Elf genuinely believes Lantz should be kicked that's another matter, but right now it seems like Alice is trying to force her into it by threatening to walk otherwise, and that is not something I can just overlook. If someone else is going to take that approach then I feel the only option is to negate it by making an even worse threat.

I know from my experience on BL that threats like this do matter (one of the mods made such a threat, and DP admitted to me that it coloured his intentions significantly). But he also told me that a higher-level threat would have negated that, and I do not intend to allow the same thing to happen to Lantz here as happened to me on BL.

Really, I'd agree if this wasn't the only way I can really see solving this issue short of permabanning Lantz.

It doesn't resolve it, though. For one thing, Alice knows she'll win the vote, that's why she put it up. No-one is going to openly vote against her.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: January 21, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
That doesn't look like an rp post lantz

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: January 21, 2014, 03:54:40 PM »
Mike, this is what it's come down to. Either way I'd be likely leaving the RP soon if lantz doesn't leave said RP. Because I've had enough. I've had to put up with this for 4-6 months now, and quite frankly, I shouldn't be made this miserable over a damn RP. I've had far, far, far worse happen to me and yet here I am, still miserable over a damn RP. And all because of one man. And that's not right or healthy.

To be honest, I'll be miserable if I leave too, but quite frankly, at this point it's a matter of choosing between two evils. lantz clearly doesn't care about anyone else playing but himself, and also refuses to change. I honestly don't see how this can be resolved without one of us leaving at this point. lantz will never change, and I will continue to be miserable so long as he's there. That is why I started the vote, even if it was immature to do so. Because quite frankly, lantz will never change or care to change. And since he is immune from administrative action apparently, this is what I must do if there is to be any change enacted around here. Because otherwise it's just going to continue being a cycle of endless arguments and stupidity, all because of lantz.

Though if everyone wishes for me to just leave already, then I will.... If that is the decision to be made then, then it's senseless to beat around the bush.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: January 21, 2014, 03:56:58 PM »
No one will vote against her because everyone is sick of Lantz's bullshit by this point. I'm sick of it, Alice is sick of it, I'm betting you Elf is sick of it to the point where she'd prefer to ignore Lantz's characters entirely if she was given the option. Nachos is sick of it, but he's not voting because really this shouldn't be happening, but he's clearly sick of Lantz being Lantz.

I3uster only voted for lantz because it's somewhat enjoyable to see him bullshit.

Really, from a purely RP perspective, Alice is a far better roleplayer who makes actual posts and plays her characters well. Lantz meanwhile metagames like a little fucker and barely posts when he does post. In any RP, hands down, I'd prefer Alice to Lantz.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: January 21, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »
Mike, this is what it's come down to. Either way I'd be likely leaving the RP soon if lantz doesn't leave said RP. Because I've had enough. I've had to put up with this for 4-6 months now, and quite frankly, I shouldn't be made this miserable over a damn RP. I've had far, far, far worse happen to me and yet here I am, still miserable over a damn RP. And all because of one man. And that's not right or healthy.

[To be honest, I'll be miserable if I leave too, but quite frankly, at this point it's a matter of choosing between two evils. lantz clearly doesn't care about anyone else playing but himself, and also refuses to change. I honestly don't see how this can be resolved without one of us leaving at this point. lantz will never change, and I will continue to be miserable so long as he's there. That is why I started the vote, even if it was immature to do so. Because quite frankly, lantz will never change or care to change.

Yeah, I understand that you're miserable, and it can't go on. We just need a good solution, even if it is just ignoring him as much as possible.

And since he is immune from administrative action apparently, this is what I must do if there is to be any change enacted around here. Because otherwise it's just going to continue being a cycle of endless arguments and stupidity, all because of lantz.

Lantz is not immune to admin action, I just will not allow rage-banning on my forum. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of such a thing and I will not and cannot condone it happening on my watch. I own the forum, I am responsible for anything that happens here, and no amount of bullshit about "not being an admin" can change that.

Though if everyone wishes for me to just leave already, then I will.... If that is the decision to be made then, then it's senseless to beat around the bush.

We don't want you to leave, we just want these arguments to happen less.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:04:03 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: January 21, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
All I have ever done despite being attacked repeatedly is try to not rock the boat. I have in fact changed the way I post and have never forced my characters to interact with others despite others forcing themselves on to me.

I'll say it again. Everyone has the right to play their characters their way.

this ultimatum crap is, as stated earlier in the thread, childish.