Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310298 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4320 on: January 22, 2014, 07:03:26 AM »
To whom is he crazy exactly?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
Less arguing, more RPing.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: January 22, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »
There is when saying he's there makes him sound crazy.

I think people are capable of accepting "there's some hidden vampire guy in the corner". Also, surely obsfucate doesn't work so well when he's openly pointed out. That seems to me like something that should bypass it, like Jack attacking someone would. Especially amongst people who I would expect to have a decent natural defence against such things.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:13:44 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: January 22, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
Perception filters usually snap when pointed out, that's the way I'm treating it

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: January 22, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
In our vampire game, our often Obfuscate using vampire has a habit of seemingly showing up out of nowhere by chiming in on a conversation, which promptly makes everyone think "since when was he there? รต,O". And by this I mean, no one usually notices he's there until he speaks out.

Satoshi pointing Jack out probably won't instantly make everyone realize he's there, but it does make it more likely for them to actually take note of him.

Since, well, Face In The Crowd is a subtle mind trick that affects everyone individually (if he does something that slightly calls to attention, one person could notice and others might not). Unlike Cloak Of Night, which completely erases the vampire's presence.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:01:38 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: January 22, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »
Well, if they were just normal people you'd probably be right that it wouldn't be enough to notice, but the people in the room are not normal in any way. I would expect someone like Rider (who, remember, is a fallen goddess) to have significant mental defences against such a thing, so it shouldn't be too difficult for her to overcome obsfucate once something odd has been pointed out. She's used to weird shit happening, so she'd likely recognise something was up.

I would imagine that a situation like this would be cause for a perception roll on behalf of the characters if you were playing WoD, and I expect our characters to have a decent shot at passing that roll.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:27:04 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: January 22, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »
And considering Satoshi was the only one who noticed him through Obsfucate, they still shouldn't be able to notice him unless he does something that draws attention to himself beyond what Suetoshi has done.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: January 22, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
I don't think that logic follows at all. Having someone address him naturally draws attention to him in a way that him just being there doesn't. Our characters are not normal people, they're not going to be that easily-fooled.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: January 22, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
Sorry Arch, my characters will all pick up on him next post.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: January 22, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
I don't think that logic follows at all. Having someone address him naturally draws attention to him in a way that him just being there doesn't. Our characters are not normal people, they're not going to be that easily-fooled.
Considering that what he's doing sounds and looks like him being fucking nuts, especially after that whole "I AM 2000 YEARS OLD" stuff, if there was a roll, there would be a serious penalty to it, simply because what he said sounds fucking insane.

Also the "I have a lot of Vampire friends" does not excuse the Fangs comment there. Suetoshi is surprisingly racist against nonhumans...

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: January 22, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
Considering that what he's doing sounds and looks like him being fucking nuts, especially after that whole "I AM 2000 YEARS OLD" stuff, if there was a roll, there would be a serious penalty to it, simply because what he said sounds fucking insane.

Also the "I have a lot of Vampire friends" does not excuse the Fangs comment there. Suetoshi is surprisingly racist against nonhumans...

It might sound nuts to Jack, it doesn't to Lantz's characters and it doesn't to Rider either (remember, she would have lived forever were it not for Perseus, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that she was thousands of years old when she died). She has seen nothing yet to make her think Satoshi would start talking to a wall, and she's well aware that things can be not as they seem (after all, if she's in spirit form it's entirely possible for Sakura to talk to her without anyone else knowing that she's there).

Plus, the way Obsfucate seems to work makes it pretty obvious to me that you are inclined to just ignore his presence rather than him being literally invisible. If the most logical explanation for what is happening is "Satoshi is talking to someone" then that makes detecting him far more likely. Especially to someone like Rider, who is actually quite smart, and unlikely to just accept the feeling of "there's nothing there" easily.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:10:46 PM by Cherry Lover »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: January 22, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
It is only literal invisibility at a level Jack does not have.

I still don't see why you people are making a big deal of this, though.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: January 22, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »
Well, I'm just stating what I intend to do and trying to defend it.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: January 22, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »
...Actually, here's a question -

Satoshi used his Immunity to the Elements to notice Jack right?

If, as you stated, the ability is due to a contract with elementals... how is it still active? They'd be in another dimension, and if they aren't in the same dimension as you then the contract, by rules of nasu and basic logic, wouldn't be active. If Rider's contract wasn't working with Sakura, how could Satoshi's still be working?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:28 PM »
Oh god Magos. Just let it go, it's not like Jack's going to get killed by being noticed, or Satoshi would've already tried to murder him.

Yes, lantz's sheets need work, but don't drag out the argument with it please.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:22:03 PM by YOLF »