Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310372 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4365 on: January 24, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »
I'll wait till tomorrow before I post to see if anyone else wants to get anything in, I think our fight could be considered fast enough so that it moves a little faster than anything else I'm working on. (It is an Assassin battle after all.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: January 26, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Hmm, Bloble, I see your guy is torturing a vampire "For Science!"

I have a feeling Sakura etc. would be rather squicked-out by the idea....

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: January 26, 2014, 07:54:48 PM »
It's not even for science. My guy's a hacker. His knowledge of biology is limited to what he learned in school (he was a good student, but still, high school education only). On the other hand, I need to show how EVIIIIIIL he is without kidnapping a PC. Besides, it's good for setting up later encounters. Rumours spreading of a man abducting vampires? Someone's bound to investigate, and chances are that someone will be a player character.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: January 26, 2014, 08:07:10 PM »
Why is he experimenting on vampires?

Also, unless he gets hold of Forest or one of our characters, I don't think most of the PCs are going to care about a bunch of vampires going missing. They're not our friends, and the vampires in general don't have a good reputation here. Experimenting on and torturing them is a bit much, yes, but kidnapping them in itself isn't a massive issue unless the vampire being kidnapped is known to the main characters, because the main characters so far have seen little indication that most vampires are anything other than evil.

Sakura would be a little wary of such a broad designation (as would be Rider, but she couldn't give a fuck because Sakura isn't a vampire and nor is any of her family), but I doubt they're going to be bothered enough to risk their lives looking into it given that vampires are mostly ruled by Frost, who is a dick.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: January 26, 2014, 09:34:41 PM »
Also the bulk of the vampires you'll find here are probably the Blade type.

As in, UV radiation delivered through technological sources will burn them as readily as the sun.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: January 26, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »
Standard artificial lamps don't produce (much) UV light, though. They don't burn hot enough.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: January 27, 2014, 12:23:55 AM »
Feel free to kidnap Satoshi Bloble, it's good character moments and plus he's immortal

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:08 AM »
Feel free to kidnap Satoshi Bloble, it's good character moments and plus he's immortal

Nice idea, but it wouldn't work. My guy isn't strong enough to pull off something like that with what he has IC, and he doesn't have any cell that could hold Satoshi for longer than a minute. Maybe if it was Taiga or Kiyoshi I'd see it happening, but otherwise it's gonna be difficult.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: January 27, 2014, 01:31:45 AM »
Well, kidnapping Kiyoshi and experimenting on him means that Rider will have great fun performing her own experiments about how to cause a ghost the maximum possible amount of pain....

It's not something I'd really want to see happen, though, he's just a kid. Sakura would work better in that respect, honestly, but she could probably also escape.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: January 27, 2014, 01:33:58 AM »
I think the hype that Arch spouts has you confused bloble, Satoshi can be caught just like anyone else

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: January 27, 2014, 01:40:24 AM »
I think the hype that Arch spouts has you confused bloble, Satoshi can be caught just like anyone else
...Dude. It's pretty obvious Satoshi can't be kidnapped unless he wants to be, something you've made obvious multiple times. And I'm pretty sure you've stated it. If he doesn't want to go he's got the strength and abilities to prevent it from happening as pointed out on his fucking character sheet.

Well, kidnapping Kiyoshi and experimenting on him means that Rider will have great fun performing her own experiments about how to cause a ghost the maximum possible amount of pain....

It's not something I'd really want to see happen, though, he's just a kid. Sakura would work better in that respect, honestly, but she could probably also escape.
Lawrence will be right the fuck behind her on that one. The Driver's feeling a little hungry, and this ghost is obviously not something that can be left among the living anymore...

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: January 27, 2014, 01:51:51 AM »

Sure he can be caught, but I'm pretty sure no normal prison is going to be able to hold him for more than about 5 seconds. Especially with people like Tsukasa about.

...Dude. It's pretty obvious Satoshi can't be kidnapped unless he wants to be, something you've made obvious multiple times. And I'm pretty sure you've stated it. If he doesn't want to go he's got the strength and abilities to prevent it from happening as pointed out on his fucking character sheet.

Well, I don't think it's true that he can't possibly be kidnapped, but I do think you need a rather more powerful character to do so.

Lawrence will be right the fuck behind her on that one. The Driver's feeling a little hungry, and this ghost is obviously not something that can be left among the living anymore...

Well, if he kidnaps and experiments on Kiyoshi, he's fucked. Rider is normally held back somewhat by Sakura when it comes to torturing bad guys, but if they've harmed Sakura's children then she's not going to be remotely inclined to protect them....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: January 27, 2014, 02:12:57 AM »
First of all Arch it is not stated on his sheet therefore it is pointed out BY his character sheet if you were right, which you aren't.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: January 27, 2014, 02:25:54 AM »
Well, first off, I can say based on previous sources that he can't be caught by a surprise attack, since you once stated Raul wouldn't be able to off him like that because Satoshi's contract with the elements would tell him it was coming.

And given his already tremendous fighting power normally, his numerous weapons and other stuff, the rider arm, and how he is shown to react to threats, it's safe to say it is ridiculously difficult to abduct or kidnap him.

Even with magic or a magical trap, it'd be notoriously difficult, because he has Magic Resistance A.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:30:49 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: January 27, 2014, 02:31:08 AM »
Yeah, I don't think capturing Satoshi is impossible, but I do think that he is way too powerful for Bloble's character to be able to, and even if he could I don't think he is going to be easy to contain. Rider is the same, I think she's too powerful to be captured and actually holding her prisoner is quite difficult (Satoshi got away with it because she wanted to be his prisoner, if she'd wanted to escape she could have).