Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310368 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4440 on: January 28, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »
By the way, can you guys please wait for me to get a post done before you continue any further? Otherwise I'm going to have another impossible situation where I can't post because everything has happened before I get the chance to react to it and I'm stuck scrambling for an excuse.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: January 28, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
Sure, I'm fine with waiting. ...Though I'm hardly the one to say it, considering I just went. :P Might give me time to make that post less shitty too in the meantime, possibly. ^^"

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: January 28, 2014, 04:35:51 PM »
Gotta post fast, sonic

I think I'll be rejoining soon, actually. I have a character in mind, a sap who can't truly die, who routinely enters other continuities and who kills daemons, stronk mythological baddies, dragons and even gods, and who performs literal miracles routinely. He's also so strong and has so much endurance he can wear his heavy armor with little to no penalty to his speed, and can wield immensely huge weapons to great effect and damage. He's also an incredibly capable user of fire magic, who can set fire to just about everything and its mother.

I'll make a sheet later. For now, got class to get to.

(try to guess who he is)

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »
I'm fine with waiting too. Gives me more time to come up with a response :)
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: January 28, 2014, 05:12:36 PM »
Gotta post fast, sonic

I think I'll be rejoining soon, actually. I have a character in mind, a sap who can't truly die, who routinely enters other continuities and who kills daemons, stronk mythological baddies, dragons and even gods, and who performs literal miracles routinely. He's also so strong and has so much endurance he can wear his heavy armor with little to no penalty to his speed, and can wield immensely huge weapons to great effect and damage. He's also an incredibly capable user of fire magic, who can set fire to just about everything and its mother.

I'll make a sheet later. For now, got class to get to.

(try to guess who he is)

Your average Elder Scrolls protagonist with save scumming?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:43 PM »
I was going to guess the Champion of Cyrodiil or the Dragonborn specifically, but what Aiden said sounds about right.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:24:17 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: January 28, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »
So reading this correctly did someone just get summoned by Gabriel right when he's about to be ambushed by Downy?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: January 28, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »
Names nasu made up avalon's abilities, talk to him.

the point of asking was to be considerate of daiki and to avoid inconsistencies in the powers presented.
Avalon has NEVER worked without Saber nearby. The only time you could say it didn't was when Kiritsugu implanted it inside Shirou, but even then, I'm pretty sure Urobutcher and Nasu said "Trace amounts of her prana" or some shit allowed it to work, at least just long enough on Shirou.  In other words, if Saber is nowhere nearby, it doesn't fucking work. Avalon is useless in this situation. And at this point, yeah. Brain damage or death would be setting in if you used Avalon.... or more accurately, they're both already medically dead. Avalon won't heal that.

Daiki, Van might be brought back, I'm flipping a coin on that one. Otherwise, Shuya's too far gone to bring back. Whatever Van does after the embrace is up to you, but Jack won't be embracing Isa. He'd end up on the fast track to becoming a Draugr if he did so.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: January 28, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
Alice don't go adding that to my description of him healing others, it doesn't work that way.

Arch he's her son, she's always present, no I'm not debating, I'm telling you how it works.

nice idea names but sorry big difference between Shirou and this.

in short please stop trying to override the way my characters work guys. It's not your business to determine that, it's mine. Thank you

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: January 28, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »
I'm sorry but some "oh she's always with him.... in spirit. Awwwwwwww <3" explanation doesn't really work that well to justify why Avalon works lantz. xD

Unless you meant it works because he's Arturia's biological son. And even that is doubtful. Hell, it would be easier to believe if you just said the Lady Of The Lake offered Avalon (the sheath) to him after Arturia came back from Avalon (the place), cause the latter thing apparently happened in the backstory of Satoshi's world, if I recall correctly?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:52:03 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: January 28, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »
Elder scrolls protags with save scum? Hadn't even crossed my mind, really. I guess, if I think about it more, it does fit the description...

Though I'm talking about a more in-game story "can't die" thing. And killing real gods, not daedric lords or the dragon god's brother. And in-game continuity crossing.

Hint: the continuity crossing is the multiplayer.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: January 28, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »
Even if he is the biological son of Saber, the thing with Avalon still shouldn't work. It needs Saber specifically to work, otherwise you're just fucking with canon for no other reason than to make your Sue awesome.  Who am I kidding, you've already done that, but this is one of those non-negotiable facts here Lantz - Avalon doesn't work without Saber. Otherwise it isn't the Nasuverse. For that matter, while Avalon can heal fatal wounds, there's a difference between fatal wounds, and bringing the dead back to life.

Isabella is without a doubt dead. Her heart was ripped out, and her own death killed Van. Avalon can't heal that. Not now.

Elder scrolls protags with save scum? Hadn't even crossed my mind, really. I guess, if I think about it more, it does fit the description...

Though I'm talking about a more in-game story "can't die" thing. And killing real gods, not daedric lords or the dragon god's brother. And in-game continuity crossing.

Hint: the continuity crossing is the multiplayer.
...OH GOD YOU'RE BRINGING IN THE PROTAGONIST FROM DARK SOULS!

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
Guess what arch? You have no say in how I do things. Deal with it

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: January 28, 2014, 10:04:40 PM »
No, he doesn't, but explaining why Satoshi can use Avalon in a manner that seemingly violates canon would make people less inclined to call bullshit on it....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: January 28, 2014, 10:06:08 PM »
Guess what arch? You have no say in how I do things. Deal with it
Guess what? For some reason, you seem to have thrown out all the canon of the Nasuverse. You should just publish 'Of Swords and Sorcery' as original fiction because you're basically taking nothing from the setting if this basic fucking rule is ignored.