Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 309630 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4515 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:29 AM »
Sterile thinking doesn't apply mike, no arch your embalming example is flawed at best

Edit: it's called a blood bag daiki and only enough to let him live given what his blood does to vampires

What does his blood do to them?

I know what a blood bag is, thanks. It's just not even near enough to what he needs right now. He has so much damage that he's one step from torpor. So, he has to burn vitae in order to restore his body that AND he was already craving for blood beforehand. So lots of blood is required, hence the tank/recipient suggestion.

Which Wynn will have to show her how powerful her gender truly is.

"My dear knight, being a woman is a far grander thing than being a man."

Then again both Seelie and Unseelie courts are Matriarchal so there you have it. 
I have the strangest feeling that showing her the power of her gender will involve tentacles.

And now you ruined it, Arch.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:15:24 AM by Daiki »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 29, 2014, 04:13:57 AM »
No arch, this is a character point, the dead remain pure, defiling the dead is wrong. As I said he can get blood elsewhere
If it's a character point it's a fucking stupid character point. It's also a hypocritcal character point - if the living and life are so important to him, letting the dead suffer an indignity so the living can keep their lives should be acceptable. To say otherwise is being a hypocritical douchebag.

Which Wynn will have to show her how powerful her gender truly is.

"My dear knight, being a woman is a far grander thing than being a man."

Then again both Seelie and Unseelie courts are Matriarchal so there you have it. 
I have the strangest feeling that showing her the power of her gender will involve tentacles.

And now you ruined it, Arch.
Or made it better. I never specified what type of tentacles were involved.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: January 29, 2014, 04:14:11 AM »
Wow, Satoshi is quite the unreasonable zealot.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 29, 2014, 04:16:26 AM »
So, Alice, we're going with OPOI's version, right?
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 29, 2014, 04:17:00 AM »
Waiting on you elf.

sorry guys Satoshi can be convinced of a lot but this is something that he won't bend on, he doesn't hold being a vampire against jack that's why he could give him blood

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:02 AM »
Well, right now Jack needs blood urgently. Unless Satoshi has an alternative then denying him the ability to feed from Nessa's corpse is as good as killing him or, even worse, causing him to attack and feed off (probably fatally) a living person instead.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:19:34 AM by Cherry Lover »

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: January 29, 2014, 04:21:33 AM »
To Bloble: Though you can't offer much you'd be useful for the fact that Medea could use you as basically a pawn so that people aren't as likely to catch onto her tail and if they do get suspicious then she could give you one of those mind alarms that causes you to "take care" of said person asap. (I could of course be nice enough to leave out the killing yourself part after.)

The vampire would just be a front to help hide suspicion that she's not doing all this for free after all.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: January 29, 2014, 04:21:53 AM »
So, Alice, we're going with OPOI's version, right?
Yeah, I'm fine with that- especially since OPOI can't get on that often anyway, it's probably for the best. :)

And back to the lantz thing, I'm really not getting how Jack draining blood defiles the dead. Really, I don't. Like I think someone already mentioned, it's like saying that having organs removed for donation is defiling the dead. Why is this a defilement exactly? It's actually milder than what would happen in nature anyway, really, if this would have happened outside. Trust me, scavengers go after a dead body fast, and it's not a pretty thing to see (Forensics class! We got to see body farm videos! Somehow I got through without fainting or vomiting!).

Plus, again, living vs the dead. Better to have a corpse have bite marks on it than to have an innocent die and possibly become a mindless monster, depending on how low Jack rolls on that.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: January 29, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »
Elf already pointed out the alternative mike, it's Satoshi's blood . It makes vampires drunk effectively and gives them a lot of strength, that's why the minimum is ideal

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: January 29, 2014, 04:25:06 AM »
Jack is a tap to the face away from falling into torpor. No matter how strong Satoshi's blood is, he's going to need more than just a few drops.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:29 AM »
Wow, he really is a totally unlikeable hypocrite douchebag isn't he? Seriously, the guy seems to have morals that contradict each other left and right.

Well, right now Jack needs blood urgently. Unless Satoshi has an alternative then denying him the ability to feed from Nessa's corpse is as good as killing him or, even worse, causing him to attack and feed off (probably fatally) a living person instead.
To heal fullly, he needs roughly 4 bodies worth of blood. To get at least out of the lethal damage range, he needs two. To then get to the point where he's not risking hunger frenzy, he needs another. So he roughly needs 5 bodies worth of blood to even get to a point where he's not in danger of frenzying and is fully healed.

He could feed non lethally, but then he'd need even MORE donors.

Jack is a tap to the face away from falling into torpor. No matter how strong Satoshi's blood is, he's going to need more than just a few drops.
Yeah. You can have more potent vitae, but holy shit are you going to cause a hunger frenzy for him. He needs a fucking LOAD of blood no matter what way you look at it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:36 AM »
A litre in this case would be more than enough

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:00 AM »
Elf already pointed out the alternative mike, it's Satoshi's blood . It makes vampires drunk effectively and gives them a lot of strength, that's why the minimum is ideal

The problem is that right now Jack needs a lot of blood. I'm sure Toshi can cope, but he's not going to be able to just keep it to a minimum.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: January 29, 2014, 04:28:31 AM »
A litre in this case would be more than enough
No, it wouldn't. It isn't even close.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: January 29, 2014, 04:30:51 AM »
To Bloble: Though you can't offer much you'd be useful for the fact that Medea could use you as basically a pawn so that people aren't as likely to catch onto her tail and if they do get suspicious then she could give you one of those mind alarms that causes you to "take care" of said person asap. (I could of course be nice enough to leave out the killing yourself part after.)

The vampire would just be a front to help hide suspicion that she's not doing all this for free after all.

Sure. I'll justify it on my end as SPOILER seeing an interesting lady flying above the city and deciding to have a chat with her.