Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310449 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4560 on: January 29, 2014, 02:43:38 PM »
If Suetoshi attacks someone better get involved FAST because Jack's in no state to defend himself from such overpowered bullshit wank that I know Lantz will throw his way.

Yeah, I don't think Toshi in particular has much reason to believe him. Rider might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although if she thinks he killed Isa she'll be more upset.
He can prove he didn't kill Isa though - He doesn't have any blood on his hands. Ruu didn't exactly bleed.

It's possible the misunderstanding could be averted if either one of the psychics shows up (though if it's Tom, people might have to come to grips with his... *cough,* makeover first). Especially Forest. Though that assumes one of them shows up in time to stop a fight from happening between Jack and whoever tries to pick a fight with him over Vanessa being drained.
Hopefully Forest, but I'm doubting that Suetoshi will stop even for her because "DERP DISRESPECTING THE DEAD!!?!?! MUST KILL HIM  THEN GO SEX ALL THE WIMMINZ"

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: January 29, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »
desecrating the dead ain't ok to save lives, what the fuck if he defends this and it risks another person's life he's outright antagonistic and good guys should be fightan him to save a life

crazy frakking pseudo-lich

right I have a sheet to make brb

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: January 29, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »
Whatever Arch, you cheated and your character is acting outside the bounds of basic human decency, you went loud with Raul and avoided the consequences there, if your vampire dies then he deserves it as far as I'm concerned. He's a villainous monster who has defiled the dead, end of story

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: January 29, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »
Honestly, I would argue that Toshi is the more monstrous one here, if he truly thinks that the dead have far more value than the living. Because risking the lives of innocents just so a corpse isn't damaged is clearly the more moral option here.

BTW, updated Tom's character sheet somewhat. ...The spoiler tags are more out of embarrassment than anything. ^^"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:34:51 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: January 29, 2014, 03:34:20 PM »
Whatever Arch, you cheated and your character is acting outside the bounds of basic human decency, you went loud with Raul and avoided the consequences there, if your vampire dies then he deserves it as far as I'm concerned. He's a villainous monster who has defiled the dead, end of story

As pretty much everyone else has stated, he has not acted outside "basic human decency". Whilst most people do find the idea of desecrating a dead body somewhat distasteful, they generally do not consider someone doing so in order to save their own life (as Jack did here) as wrong, hence why the response to people resorting to cannibalism in order to remain alive is "isn't it awful that they were forced to that point" rather than "God, what a bunch of assholes".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:34:53 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: January 29, 2014, 03:52:08 PM »
Jack is a monster, you can think whatever you like Alice but I don't care, it's wrong end of story.

I wasn't going to kill his vampire, he brought that up, but frankly there's no reason not to after what he already did before anyway

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: January 29, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »
Jack is a monster, you can think whatever you like Alice but I don't care, it's wrong end of story.

It's not just Alice, though, everyone else is saying that they don't think he did anything wrong given the context. You are, of course, fully entitled to your own opinion, but you can't expect everyone else to follow it, and nor do you have the right to impose that belief on everyone else, any more than the church has the right to impose its belief that homosexuality is wrong on everyone else.

I wasn't going to kill his vampire, he brought that up, but frankly there's no reason not to after what he already did before anyway

Well, it makes sense given the context for him to attack Jack, but if Forest explains what happened then it becomes much less justifiable.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:56 PM »
Funny, considering Raul never went loud because you and Mike complained so much about it.

And yes, Jack is a monster, that's what a fucking vampire is. Do you honestly think that Jack acts human because he's a nice guy, or because that's what he's used to acting like? Or is there a grey ground between the two, and is Jack starting to slide more to the monstrous side of the equation? For that matter, really, Jack's desecration is little worse than that of an embalmer, or a medical student. He's just feeding. He could be feeding off a gaggle of NPC's that have showed up but to him that's crossing a line in the sand, because no matter what he's had happen to him, he's tried (And through lots of luck succeeded) at not killing when he feeds.

If Satoshi thinks that feeding from the dead is worse than feeding from the living, then for all his talk of 'Vampire Friends' he's really a fucking enormous hypocritical asshole with a morality more akin to that of a despot than that of any sort of hero.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: January 29, 2014, 04:09:31 PM »
Arch I don't care what you think. As usual you're just screwing me over and accusing me of shit I never intended to do. Seriously in the future I do not wish to RP with you period. In other words stay way from my characters.

Mike I don't care, I'm just waiting on elf then my characters will react as they are right to do and act as they should given the circumstances.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: January 29, 2014, 04:17:54 PM »
Arch I don't care what you think. As usual you're just screwing me over and accusing me of shit I never intended to do. Seriously in the future I do not wish to RP with you period. In other words stay way from my characters.

Mike I don't care, I'm just waiting on elf then my characters will react as they are right to do and act as they should given the circumstances.
...OK, where am I accusing you of shit you never intended to do because I don't see that. You seem to be taking OOC knowledge into this - there's no reason for them to go into the garage when an enemy is RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM. There's some reason to go upstairs because of Ruu's smashing through the walls but otherwise, none to go up there. So basically, there isn't a rational reason for them to go into the garage.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: January 29, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »
You accused me falsely of attempting to kill your vampire, I never said anything about it. I never intended to kill him.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
Considering that your opinions are Satoshi's, and you stated Desecration of corpses made Jack a monster, and your statements that he'd kill him after I inferred he would, that isn't exactly a false accusation.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: January 29, 2014, 04:48:34 PM »
Considering that you don't know what you are talking about imma go with no, you are at best mistaken Arch. I never intended to kill your characters, as I stated before I rightly want them and you to leave me alone.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »
No offense Lantz, but Lucas is more or less right in front of you, while Jack is farther away, where things have died down - it would probably make more sense to go downstairs >.>
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:29:49 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: January 29, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »
No offense Lantz, but Lucas is more or less right in front of you, while Jack is upstairs where things have died down - it would probably make more sense to go downstairs >.>

Actually, Toshi is not in the main room. Lucas wouldn't be visible to him at the moment.

I'm not sure how he'd get to the garage, though, I think he'd have to go through where Lucas is....