Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310362 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4665 on: January 31, 2014, 04:35:23 PM »
There's something wrong with us if we're basing our standards on things that we've let pass before despite recognizing they weren't entirely correct.

What I'm trying to say is, just because we've let it happen before is no reason to conform ourselves to let it happen again. It's no reason why it's okay for it to happen again where we can set a better example and a better standard. Making IC posts that walk over other persons will always happen, whether by accident or not, but that doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't let it happen, especially if it's easy to solve.

In other words, just because it's happened before is no reason to lower our standards to it and let it happen again every time without so much as a reprimand when we should strive to be better than that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:36:26 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: January 31, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »
Sure, but it isn't "easy to solve" here. It basically requires Lantz to trash the entire point of his post. I don't see why we should be demanding he do that now when we haven't been demanding it of people previously.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:38:20 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: January 31, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »
....Mike.

Satoshi was never standing in Forest's way Elf, if he had been then Arch's vampire would have had to push him out of the way to leave the room.

Satoshi was never standing in Forest's way Elf, if he had been then Arch's vampire would have had to push him out of the way to leave the room.

I edited my post, but it did look like he was.

Satoshi shook his head and put his against the door "Someone kicking down your door is more than likely looking for you, going out there is painting a target on your chest. I'll deal with this, you stay here and here the rest of the details, Rider could you help me with this?"

The phrase,"Satoshi shook his head and put his against the door" really doesn't make any sense.  Put his what against the door? His head?  His hand?  It's just "his". 

Look, I know you have an issue with grammar, so I'm helping you out a bit.

However, him putting anything on the door is going to make him look like he's somewhat blocking it, even after he opens it.

Connor, Rin, Taiga and Tsukasa turned to Jack "You should leave with him" Rin told the hiding vampire as Satoshi opened the door.

If lantz is allowed to whine and make Elf do an edit over the thing I just quoted, he should have to be held accountable for either deleting or editing that post. Again, he shouldn't be allowed to get away with so much, especially, since, again, it was both solely because he had his panties in a bunch over the "corpses being defiled" thing and was also unrealistic since it didn't account for the bodies' location.

lantz already gets more than enough special treatment on this site. I don't think he should receive any more than he already does.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:41:58 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
It may be too much to ask lantz to "fix" it when it involves denying the point of his post yes, but what I'm trying to say is that if we keep using the excuse "we haven't demanded it of people before why should we now", we're never going to get anywhere. Or improve the crux matter.

I just want us to have LESS arguments like this! They do nothing but bother those uninvolved and usually never get anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:42:32 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: January 31, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »
The problem is Mike, is that Lantz has repeatedly, again and again, done stuff like this. This isn't the first time he's blatantly decided to pretty much meta game in order to either make his characters look good or fuck over other players.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: January 31, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
And yeah, the special treatment he gets here is fucking insane. There's a double standard going on here that needs to stop.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: January 31, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
....Mike.

I edited my post, but it did look like he was.

Satoshi shook his head and put his against the door "Someone kicking down your door is more than likely looking for you, going out there is painting a target on your chest. I'll deal with this, you stay here and here the rest of the details, Rider could you help me with this?"

The phrase,"Satoshi shook his head and put his against the door" really doesn't make any sense.  Put his what against the door? His head?  His hand?  It's just "his". 

Look, I know you have an issue with grammar, so I'm helping you out a bit.

However, him putting anything on the door is going to make him look like he's somewhat blocking it, even after he opens it.

Connor, Rin, Taiga and Tsukasa turned to Jack "You should leave with him" Rin told the hiding vampire as Satoshi opened the door.

If lantz is allowed to whine and make Elf do an edit over the thing I just quoted, he should have to be held accountable for either deleting or editing that post. Again, he shouldn't be allowed to get away with so much, especially, since, again, it was both solely because he had his panties in a bunch over the "corpses being defiled" thing and was also unrealistic since it didn't account for the bodies' location.

lantz already gets more than enough special treatment on this site. I don't think he should receive any more than he already does.

I completely agree that he needs to edit the post to take account of the fact that he missed the location of the bodies.

However, Elf's edit and Lantz's edit here are not the same thing. Elf's edit was a minor edit which didn't really affect the intent of her post at all, and she agreed to do it without argument. Lantz's edit here will necessarily have to change the intent of his post somewhat. That is fine, I still think he needs to take the situation into account, but I don't think he should be forced to edit it in a particular manner.

The problem is Mike, is that Lantz has repeatedly, again and again, done stuff like this. This isn't the first time he's blatantly decided to pretty much meta game in order to either make his characters look good or fuck over other players.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:45:39 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: January 31, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
It's seven god damn sentences Mike. Seven. The whole damn post is only seven sentences long. I'm hardly seeing why editing that is apparently such a hard thing for lantz to do.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:53:18 PM by Alice »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: January 31, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
It's seven god damn sentences Mike. Seven. I'm hardly seeing why editing that is apparently such a hard thing for lantz to do.

It's not the length that's an issue, it's the fact that it actually changes the intent of the post. Which is not something that is easy to do when other people have posted after you.

And, I specifically did say he needs to edit it somehow to take this information into account. I just don't think we can really prescribe exactly how.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: January 31, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
It is when no one has actually fucking interacted with you. And it's just one post Mike. One motherfucking post.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: January 31, 2014, 04:53:49 PM »
It is when no one has actually fucking interacted with you. And it's just one post Mike. One motherfucking post.

Again, I did say he should edit it to take that information into account. But, he does not have to do it in the manner you guys want him to, not unless Elf demands it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: January 31, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
Mike, the length is important here because it's hardly a hard effort post. Changing it or even just deleting it should be pretty effortless. This is hardly calculus. Stop treating something simple like it's so terribly difficult.

And... dear god, I see where this is going. Mike, having consideration for others in an RP has nothing to do with freedom of speech shit. Stop it.

I just want us to have LESS arguments like this! They do nothing but bother those uninvolved and usually never get anywhere.
Yeah... If lantz would stop doing things like this constantly, it'd help. Hell, every single argument has been about lantz related things. Honestly, if this continues much longer, I think Elf is going to eventually have to account for that fact. Because this is hardly doing the forum's health any favors. ...Or mine, for that matter.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 31, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
Once again, Mike, this is a double standard at work here. 'Oh no, Lantz can't change any of his posts intent, despite it not making sense, but everyone else needs to do it for lantz's posts' has happened before. Quite frankly I'm sick of Lantz getting preferential treatment from you, and of you making excuses for his behavior all the damn time. I don't care if he's in the special classes or whatever, there's certain expectations in any social environment that you are expected to follow. The cardinal one, 'play nice' has never seemed to apply here to lantz. So many of his fucking posts are him cheerleading his head sue, or made posts that basically go 'Oh, right, Satoshi can solve all your problems, so just sit back and let him be everyone's hero and then fawn over him. The sexing line starts over there ladies.'

Mike, the length is important here because it's hardly a hard effort post. Changing it or even just deleting it should be pretty effortless. This is hardly calculus. Stop treating something simple like it's so terribly difficult.

And... dear god, I see where this is going. Mike, having consideration for others in an RP has nothing to do with freedom of speech shit. Stop it.

Yeah... If lantz would stop doing things like this constantly, it'd help. Hell, every single argument has been about lantz related things. Honestly, if this continues much longer, I think Elf is going to eventually have to account for that fact. Because this is hardly doing the forum's health any favors. ...Or mine, for that matter.

This is another thing. Lantz's actions are not just irritating, but causing direct harm to the forum as a whole. He is the cause and catalyst for most of our arguments and issues here. There is a point where letting lantz's shit fly needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it a long time ago, but your complaints and actions Mike have allowed it to continue. We're all responsible for this in some way, but you need to shoulder some of the blame for letting it get this far.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: January 31, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
Magos, stop it. This is not the damn Lantz-bashing thread.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: January 31, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »
Magos, stop it. This is not the damn Lantz-bashing thread.
No, it isn't, but the issue needs to be addressed somewhere. Lantz's shit needs to stop, and we've had this argument before with you. You might go on and on about Tyranny, and all that wonderful 'ANARCHISM HO' stuff, but frankly the majority of the userbase is sick of these arguments, sick of lantz, and sick of his god damn shit. He needs to in some way be held accountable for his own actions, something you seem to protest happening. I'm fucking sick and tired of repeating this same argument again and again. The only way these arguments are going to stop is if Lantz either shapes up and fucking acts like a decent human being to other posters, or he's banned. We've tried the first bit before, and he seems to refuse to change. I'll let you figure out the optimal course of action here now then.