Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310435 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4680 on: January 31, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
Okay, guys.

Everyone shush for now about this argument, okay? Either let it slide, or wait for Elf to say something. We're not going anywhere, regardless of who is more in the right.

And please, no personal bashing. Don't mix personal issues with RP issues.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:09 PM »
Magos, stop it. This is not the damn Lantz-bashing thread.
No, it isn't, but the issue needs to be addressed somewhere. Lantz's shit needs to stop, and we've had this argument before with you. You might go on and on about Tyranny, and all that wonderful 'ANARCHISM HO' stuff, but frankly the majority of the userbase is sick of these arguments, sick of lantz, and sick of his god damn shit. He needs to in some way be held accountable for his own actions, something you seem to protest happening. I'm fucking sick and tired of repeating this same argument again and again. The only way these arguments are going to stop is if Lantz either shapes up and fucking acts like a decent human being to other posters, or he's banned. We've tried the first bit before, and he seems to refuse to change. I'll let you figure out the optimal course of action here now then.

Lantz has done nothing to deserve a ban. If anyone here has, it is you, by being constantly abusive and generally a total asshole, even when Lantz is trying to be reasonable.

If there is an issue with Lantz's RPing, that is Elf's problem to deal with, not the admins. We do not run the RP, we run the forum, and bad RPing is not something we should be dealing with. And nor is ignoring criticism a justification to ban someone, people have a right to act as they wish and write whatever they wish, even if you don't like it. We are not here to be censors of people's writing or to judge what is and is not acceptable.

Point out to me anything at all that Lantz has done that is worthy of a ban that you have not done yourself 10 times as often and far worse. Because I cannot see it. Bad RPing is not bannable and nor, even, is RPing in an inconsiderate manner. At most it justifies kicking them from the RP, and Elf does not wish to do that (whatever you might think she told you).

Okay, guys.

Everyone shush for now about this argument, okay? Either let it slide, or wait for Elf to say something. We're not going anywhere, regardless of who is more in the right.

And please, no personal bashing. Don't mix personal issues with RP issues.

Yes, this. I am damn sick of this thread being a constant argument about how awful Lantz is. It is fine to criticise what he is doing, but we already had that discussion, and until Lantz and/or Elf come on there is nothing to add to it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:17:54 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: January 31, 2014, 05:16:21 PM »
Please take this to private messages. :(
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: January 31, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »
Yeah, I know, I just felt that had to be said. I'm really getting sick of this thread being full of stupid arguments that go nowhere and end up turning abusive, and I do not think Lantz can be held responsible for the way Magos chooses to speak.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:19:08 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: January 31, 2014, 05:20:35 PM »
Mike. Dear god you have no idea how hard I want to fucking slap you right now. God fucking damn it.

And yes, as admin I'm going with YOLF here and saying that let's let this be settled via GM and drop it here. This is going to go nowhere yet again due to stubbornness.

...You know, my family apparently has a history of high blood pressure. Place your bets, how long do you think it'll take before I pop a vessel? ^^"

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:21:33 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: January 31, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »
It's not the length that's an issue, it's the fact that it actually changes the intent of the post. Which is not something that is easy to do when other people have posted after you.

And, I specifically did say he needs to edit it somehow to take this information into account. I just don't think we can really prescribe exactly how.

The point is to show respect for the dead. He could easily conceal the corpses with a sheet or something. The barriers don't serve much purpose here anyway (besides getting in the way of other PCs who will want to understand what happened). A quick edit will fix that.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
Satoshi was not headed to the fight. If he had been he would have run into Forest. He followed the smell to the bodies. The barrier is there to keep away tampering because given the situation at hand he cannot bury them immediately.

also to reiterate what I have previously stated, only Taiga was "cheer leading" the others were mocking him or irritated at him or haven't said a word.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: January 31, 2014, 06:09:06 PM »
I think it would be better to clarify that and why Toshi started to call out the enemy if he wasn't headed for the battle, but it's probably a good idea if we wait for Elf on this one (since we're waiting for her to post in order to move on anyway).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: January 31, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »
A taunt is a taunt, not much to it. After all if they come running then being alone works better for his intent of keeping people safe

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: January 31, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »
A taunt is a taunt, not much to it. After all if they come running then being alone works better for his intent of keeping people safe
A taunt is useless when nobody gives a shit. Besides, it wasn't a fucking taunt, it was a threat. It was worded lke a threat, it was stated like a threat. It's a god damn threat.

And for that matter, no, there's been cheerleading all around from your characters. Indirect praise is still praise. Then there's that entire bit that Sakura did that basically made it sound like you wanted every character to go and suck his dick if they ever had a conflicting opinion with him. I'm sure that there's more than this going on but I'll have to look through a bunch of your poorly written posts to get to it so yeah. Fuck that for now.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:27 PM »
Magos, being this antagonistic is not helping, and you know it.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »
Satoshi was not headed to the fight. If he had been he would have run into Forest. He followed the smell to the bodies. The barrier is there to keep away tampering because given the situation at hand he cannot bury them immediately.

I don't understand why it should be Satoshi's call to make when it's about who is allowed to examine the bodies. It's still Forest place, shouldn't she have a say in it? And even then, why shouldn't the others have a right to check them either? The barriers aren't needed imo. I mean, if he's not heading to battle anyway, he can stay next to them. Besides, some people might want to show respect or pick up the bodies. It's rather selfish of him, dude.

I mean, if Vanessa hadn't died and would find out a barrier around her sister's body, she would get really mad.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:21:53 PM by Daiki »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: January 31, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »
Precisely this. It prevents Mille and Lancer from examining the bodies more closely, and they hardly intend to harm the corpses. After all, Mille can't make the connection that Ruu was the killer quite as easily if she can't even look at the corpses properly. Even if the causes of death are obvious, that still doesn't discount the value of looking at the blood spatter and everything else.

Though again, we should wait for Elf. I didn't bold and put in glow effects on those words of mine earlier for no reason, after all.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:25:49 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: January 31, 2014, 06:25:12 PM »
Sakura was irritated

and Daiki the barriers are conceptually the same as crime scene tape, wall off the area to stop contamination of the scene. He's making certain that no one can tamper with them, for all he knows one of the enemies is a voodoo shaman so keeping the dead safe from an enemy like that is fantastically important, he will dispell the barriers once the house is safe again.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: January 31, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
Sakura was irritated

and Daiki the barriers are conceptually the same as crime scene tape, wall off the area to stop contamination of the scene. He's making certain that no one can tamper with them, for all he knows one of the enemies is a voodoo shaman so keeping the dead safe from an enemy like that is fantastically important, he will dispell the barriers once the house is safe again.
Ahahahahahahaha. Being irritated doesn't change the fact that that is practically what she said to do.

...OK. Dude. You need to realize, that Crime Scene tape is not the same as a fucking impenetrable barrier, and that isn't a valid excuse when once again, this is forest's house and they don't do anything more than be dickish and prevent anyone from going near the bodies to cover them with a cloth or some shit. Hell, he didn't need magic, he could have just torn up a bedsheet and covered them that way. It's a waste of magic no matter how you look at it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:29:22 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »