Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310320 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4860 on: February 04, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »
Because it simply takes time to strike them one by one while her Master could be attacked by Caster herself. Basically, it's because of the situation that she wanted to blast them to oblivion. We're talking about weak familiars which can be struck down with reinforced wood(manipulated by human strength to make it worse).

Considering she has enough to completely surround the Emiya household without the aid of her base and she can summon them so quickly they can catch Saber in a trap they are pretty darn good. (Other random facts about them are that they each have earth and dragon attributes.) The Emiya household is pretty huge and to surround it is a whole lot of bone warriors.

It's stated that the dragon is extremely weak, though. And she can't even ride it.

No that's just Mcjon always knocking my posts down with pointless thoughts, it's stated that it's not very strong, the fact of the matter is that it's still a Dragon and a real one not like Nrvnqsr's chaos one, it's good enough to move her from weak Servant to medium Servant a pretty large thing when you take into comparison what that means for a Servant. She doesn't need to ride it, (Though I will bring in that dragon chariot she borrows from her grandfather.) she just needs to control it which she can do if she summons it. (Of course like I mentioned she can't do that right now but if she gets help from a summoner she could.)

Within her territory only.

Except she did it outside her territory like when she summoned herself over to Kuzuki in UBW, and even possibly when she summoned Shirou over to her in Fate.

Close to it but it requires time. It's not something as convenient in its application as a RM. Would prove difficult to use for battle purpose unless she manages to lure people in.

Considering the nature of Caster that wouldn't be as hard as you think. (Just think of how many times people were forced to go invade her temple under her advantage.)

Doesn't say much since we don't really know if she implies a comparison with past rituals from the AoG or only her saying she could do better by herself. I am inclined to consider the former more probable than the latter.

I suppose we will just have to disagree here then.

Note: What Aoko does, isn't time travel. You can already achieve this through the Second.

Of course I don't know exactly what Aoko could do, I am intentionally keeping myself in the dark so that I can play the game when it comes out.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
Damn, my post disappeared -_-. W/e I'll just cut to the points.

1/It's more a testimony of her own large reserves than the effectiveness/quality of the bone warriors. Yeah, she can summon a lot of them but they don't seem to cost all that much energy. She can still put them to good use as decoys though. I'm sure she could, with time, raise a legion of them.

2/No, it's stated somewhere in CM. I'll look for it. Here;

Fate/complete material III: World material - FAQ with Nasu: Noble Phantasms, p.134

Q: If Caster had a skill (dragon summoning skill) that let her use the Golden Fleece, would she be able to escape the rank of being the weakest Servant? Also, will the spirit in the Golden Fleece ever see the light of day? He's cute so I wanted to see him in color.

A: She'd move up to the middle rank, I think. Oh, but, the Colchis dragon isn't that strong right.

Still, it's a Phantasmal Beast. I do think she's good without it anyway.

3/Nah, Fuyuki became her territory, which means she can deploy it on a large area in a short time. I don't know how big the Nexus is but it should still be bigger than Shirou's town.

4/Oh I'm not discussing her qualifications nor how much efforts it would require. Simply, it's not something as easy to use. (And again preparations are needed)
Then, the means to bring PCs to enter it, is up to you.

5/And that's fine. It's only me raising the possibility.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: February 04, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »
3/Nah, Fuyuki became her territory, which means she can deploy it on a large area in a short time. I don't know how big the Nexus is but it should still be bigger than Shirou's town.

Erm, no, Fuyuki isn't her territory. If that was the case then Territory Creation would be insanely broken, since it lets you essentially control everywhere the battle might take place.

Also, I get the impression that Fuyuki is a decent-sized city, although admittedly probably not as large as the Nexus.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: February 04, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
1/It's more a testimony of her own large reserves than the effectiveness/quality of the bone warriors. Yeah, she can summon a lot of them but they don't seem to cost all that much energy. She can still put them to good use as decoys though. I'm sure she could, with time, raise a legion of them.

My point was that she already had an army of them even without any outside just herself and her own surplus, and the amount was so much that Saber would rather use her trump card then fight them head on.
2/No, it's stated somewhere in CM. I'll look for it. Here;

Fate/complete material III: World material - FAQ with Nasu: Noble Phantasms, p.134

Q: If Caster had a skill (dragon summoning skill) that let her use the Golden Fleece, would she be able to escape the rank of being the weakest Servant? Also, will the spirit in the Golden Fleece ever see the light of day? He's cute so I wanted to see him in color.

A: She'd move up to the middle rank, I think. Oh, but, the Colchis dragon isn't that strong right.

Still, it's a Phantasmal Beast. I do think she's good without it anyway.

Which just says exactly what I said, that it's not that strong. But it's still a Dragon from the AoG.

The entirety of Fuyuki is actually a part of her territory, remember if she wanted too she could have drained the entire city dry she just didn't want too as that would draw too much attention.
4/Oh I'm not discussing her qualifications nor how much efforts it would require. Simply, it's not something as easy to use. (And again preparations are needed)
Then, the means to bring PCs to enter it, is up to you.

Considering she had less then 30 days and managed to pretty much put the entire city under control she did an amazing job with what she had, if she focused something like this does seem possible. (Using Territory Creation, as well as A rank Item creation to create the materials needed for the ritual.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: February 04, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »
Erm, no, Fuyuki isn't her territory. If that was the case then Territory Creation would be insanely broken, since it lets you essentially control everywhere the battle might take place.

Nah, it becomes her 'territory' because she's able to use the leylines to her advantage. It is not an effect of her Territory Creation. Only her messing with the energy running through the town. (Territory Creation would be something akin to what she has in the Deen anime)

Also, I get the impression that Fuyuki is a decent-sized city, although admittedly probably not as large as the Nexus.

Yes, it has to be pretty big. (The bridge actually splits two towns inside Fuyuki itself but whatever)

Considering she had less then 30 days and managed to pretty much put the entire city under control she did an amazing job with what she had, if she focused something like this does seem possible. (Using Territory Creation, as well as A rank Item creation to create the materials needed for the ritual.

Well, take in account that even if she found a knot of energy(or whatever you want to call it), remember that Fuyuki was a particularly rich territory. (The whole reason to have the HGW happening there in the first place) I doubt the Nexus could provide the same quantity of energy as fast. You have plenty of time to store up though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:01:32 PM by Daiki »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: February 04, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
That bar sure is getting crowded with powerful people.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: February 04, 2014, 06:09:44 PM »
That bar sure is getting crowded with powerful people.

The reason for me doing that may have started with me wanting to make "A Horseman, a Faerie, and an evil spirit walk into a bar..." jokes >.>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:10:23 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: February 04, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
The reason for me doing that may have started with me wanting to make "A Horseman, a Faerie, and an evil spirit walk into a bar..." jokes >.>

I'm expecting an amusing punchline. 8P
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
And then Henderson walks in smoking the necronomicon.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: February 04, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
I'm expecting an amusing punchline. 8P

I'll tell you when I think of one ;P

Waiting on Lantz before Lucas post so I can determine what Satoshi is doing >.>
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: February 04, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »
I shall wait another day or two for Kaiza to respond in some way or else I'll have to move on.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: February 04, 2014, 11:32:15 PM »
Looks like I've cornered myself into nothingness right from the start, eh?

Halp.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: February 04, 2014, 11:43:40 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure either someone will either find your characters or you'll figure something out. :)

And Mille post done! Honestly, I think it came out a hell of a lot better than my last one.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: February 04, 2014, 11:54:32 PM »
...I don't think having giantdad invade and fight you would actually help in any way, so I got nothing.

Sorry Ivan.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: February 04, 2014, 11:59:47 PM »
Well, Jack could run into them, but that'd be stretching it.