Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310290 times)

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4890 on: February 05, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »
Sorry but you'll have to wait a while, I want to talk to Bloble a bit before I talk about anything else. (We are a team on this after all.)

And we did a one month skip not just a week.

Ah, I see. So this is happening a month after Lucas does his thing. Makes sense, I guess.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: February 05, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
So, in thirty real-time years.

I guess we can all relax, folks.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: February 05, 2014, 04:47:38 PM »
Because we are merciful and shit, the apartment attack will technically occur the moment all this business with Lucas is sorted out and finished, giving you plenty of time to deal with that clusterfuck before having to deal with another one. Calling for GM action on it is dumb, period. The entire situation at the apartment has always been one big thing after another constantly happening, with maybe five minute breaks before DRAMA or FIGHTING and ARGUMENTS. This fits in line with that perfectly. You were fine with a crazed killer showing up completely at random and wrecking everyone, as well as one of your own PCs literally turning homicidal for no reason, so a little probing force should be nothing compared to that.

Actually, you should've expected it. You guys have been making the loudest show ever at that apartment all night, right after slaughtering almost a hundred vampires all over the city. A reactionary attack isn't strange, it's perfectly normal, even if just as a revenge thing.

It's not exactly endgame content either, because it's literally just a bunch of mooks. Not even a hundred of 'em, either. The attack is meant less to kill you guys than it is to get you to, I dunno, do stuff. Satoshi could literally flatten them all in less than five minutes, and that's perfectly fine. Perhaps you just overestimated it based on how awesome my post was.

As for why the camera's been there, that's because it's watching Forest, not you guys. The Law Unto Herself is a big name in Nexus, and SPOILER/Medea have had plenty of time to know the big players in the city. You people showing up did cause them to hasten the attack, but it was always going to happen, with Forest being the primary target.

BTW lantz, you can choose how effective the castle attack is. Feel free to lolnope the attempt to break the door and to have all the warriors instakilled by your knights. These guys are meant to be killed, not to be an actual threat. Same with the apartment. Just getting info on Satoshi would be enough for Medea and SPOILER.

Oh, and as for the one month thing, it's basically that SPOILER and Medea have been in Nexus for an entire month before your characters showed up. This isn't to be hax or unfair. Simply put, a villain is always more dangerous if it's been given a chance to establish its forces and gain a foothold on the city. Thus, the month timeskip was necessary.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: February 05, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »
Though I have no bearing on this situation one way or another, I agree with Bloble. A reactionary attack makes a lot of sense.

Oh, and as for the one month thing, it's basically that SPOILER and Medea have been in Nexus for an entire month before your characters showed up. This isn't to be hax or unfair. Simply put, a villain is always more dangerous if it's been given a chance to establish its forces and gain a foothold on the city. Thus, the month timeskip was necessary.

Oh, I see. That's a clever thing to do, but wouldn't it draw attention to yourself as well? Then again, that'll be interesting, having a big villain to fight against/react to >.>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:58:40 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: February 05, 2014, 05:03:26 PM »
Ok bloble, I'll get to that today or tomorrow.

yo mil, since you are up on caster and I may be misremembering it. What are the dragon tooth golems made of? Wasn't it bits of dragon bone?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: February 05, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »
They are basically earth spirits with a dragon affinity.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: February 05, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
Ok that's what I was thinking of, thank you milbunk

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: February 05, 2014, 05:13:15 PM »
Though I have no bearing on this situation one way or another, I agree with Bloble. A reactionary attack makes a lot of sense.

Oh, I see. That's a clever thing to do, but wouldn't it draw attention to yourself as well? Then again, that'll be interesting, having a big villain to fight against/react to >.>

It would, except that theoretically, no one should be able to recognize what the attackers are or where they're coming from. No one will talk, or indeed can talk, and even if someone recognizes the golems there's no way to use them to find us. We've got several hidden bases, augmented by AoG magic, and have been living in the Nexus long enough to know most of its alleys. This was essentially a calculated risk. Sure it can backfire, but we can't stay in hiding forever.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: February 05, 2014, 05:18:11 PM »
Toshi would recognise them, he knows Medea. And Lancer might, I can't recall if he ever saw them in UBW.

Whether they can trace them back to her is another matter, though.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: February 05, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »
Satoshi can make them march back to Medea, it flattens the offensive, Alter and the knights will be smashing grins

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: February 05, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
Satoshi can make them march back to Medea, it flattens the offensive, Alter and the knights will be smashing grins

And how's he going to do that? If you cite that elemental spirit contract, I'll have to remind you that it takes more than that to overturn AoG magecraft.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:49 PM »
So glad I have nothing to do with the mess going on right now.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: February 05, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »

And how's he going to do that? If you cite that elemental spirit contract, I'll have to remind you that it takes more than that to overturn AoG magecraft.

Well, Toshi is a dragon, so it makes sense he could influence them. Not entirely sure why he can send them back, though....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: February 05, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »
It's like a magnet with the affinities. This in addition to Medea's lack of presence at the scene gives him enough leverage to banish them back to Medea. I should stress that's the extent of his ability in this respect

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
Since I said my piece already and doing so again would probably give me a worse headache than I already have, I'll just say this.

I think in the future it should be enforced via GM that this type of big shit be actually asked about to the other players. There's this thing called courtesy that apparently you actually have to enforce these days rather than just expect it.

Again, the timing is terrible, there's been endless fighting shit already, and quite frankly the RP's turning into a slog to play between the drama and all the damn fighting. Because both are endless. And waiting until the Lucas event is over isn't so much "merciful" because it's still leading up into the slog.

For that matter, I honestly think things should be more strictly moderated via GM from this point forward. Because I'm honestly really getting sick of this shit. Really sick of it.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.