Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310497 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #4905 on: February 05, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »
Since I said my piece already and doing so again would probably give me a worse headache than I already have, I'll just say this.

I think in the future it should be enforced via GM that this type of big shit be actually asked about to the other players. There's this thing called courtesy that apparently you actually have to enforce these days rather than just expect it.

Again, the timing is terrible, there's been endless fighting shit already, and quite frankly the RP's turning into a slog to play between the drama and all the damn fighting. Because both are endless. And waiting until the Lucas event is over isn't so much "merciful" because it's still leading up into the slog.

For that matter, I honestly think things should be more strictly moderated via GM from this point forward. Because I'm honestly really getting sick of this shit. Really sick of it.

Agreed. Really. This shit is getting out of hand.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: February 05, 2014, 09:00:36 PM »
The biggest hole I can think about for that plan is that I'm fairly sure your character doesn't know exactly how the Golems were created since they were made via AoG magic, however who's to say they were made at the base at all? Medea could have just given some random vampire the bones readied them for use and have him activate them far away in a different location, and if you could still do so she could probably just cancel the connection from afar, I don't think distance for her is that big an issue what with being able to do stuff like Mind Control Shirou from his house.

I did ask Elf a while back for permission to do some of Caster's stuff and she said it was alright just ask before we do anything really dramatic which we haven't done really yet. (Unless I suppose you think 100 bone warriors and a few mind controlled vampires is way too much.)

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: February 05, 2014, 09:08:19 PM »
The problem with your post, Alice, is that you assume this is some big thing. It isn't. Some cannon fodder is being thrown at you, and it's something Satoshi or really any Servant could easily deal with in five minutes. If you're still doubtful, I can always make it more like a dozen skeleton warriors instead, just to show you how inconsequential this all is.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: February 05, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
Ehh, it's just Caster's mook golems that she's sending, so I wouldn't say this is anything too big. It'll sure leave every character affected a lot to think about, sure, but...

In the end I think it's something that can be cleared up rather quickly.

Also, wow, between Frost, Downy, and Medea there sure are a lot of villains scheming around here.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: February 05, 2014, 09:36:52 PM »
I feel kinda weird controlling 2 of those three, though I suppose for all you guys know Medea ain't no villain yet. (I guess all this villain using is thanks to you guys asking for more stuff to fight way back in August.)

Also if Kaiza doesn't post by the end of today I'll go ahead and post my stuff. (Thanks guys for being so patient on that side of things I realize it goes kinda slow cause I have to wait for everyone to finish posting.)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:42 PM »
...Actually, that was just Mord. ^^" No one else was really asking for it.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: February 05, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »
Hm... actually, yeah, I'm lowering the number to a dozen or so. Even IC, attacking with that many is stupid if it's just a scouting force.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
Works for me, your the head of this particular attack after all lol.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:32 PM »
And that's Chaotic Good.

Only three more characters to go, and the alignment challenge is complete. I'm just missing Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, and Lawful Good.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:41 PM »
Am I seriously losing here? This... this is unacceptable!

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: February 05, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »
The biggest hole I can think about for that plan is that I'm fairly sure your character doesn't know exactly how the Golems were created since they were made via AoG magic, however who's to say they were made at the base at all?

If you're talking about Toshi, then he does actually know Medea, so it's not unreasonable to assume he would know what the Dragon Teeth Warriors were.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: February 05, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »
Knowing what they are and being able to understand how they work are completely different, Shirou could have known all about Medea's mind control and could have studied it for years, however that prolly still wouldn't have done anything when it happened.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »
Well, he's not going to be able to create one, no, but he probably knows the basics of how they're formed and what they're made of. Medea isn't an enemy of his, so it's plausible she would have discussed some of it and possibly even taught him some magic (although I would imagine he'd have to have provided something in return).

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: February 06, 2014, 12:02:52 AM »
Fair enough, I don't much about your guys's characters so I can't say much against it, just saying that AoG magic is completely different from the magic modern magi use. (Another example is when it's mentioned that Medea most likely has her own Circuits but she'd never use them.)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: February 06, 2014, 12:22:02 AM »
Well, Toshi is not entirely normal due to being Saber's son, but even so I don't think he would be able to do magic on anything like Medea's level. That's not what Lantz was suggesting, though.