Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310330 times)

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5010 on: February 08, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »
Alright since events are starting to sync up now I'm going to write up the Summoning Circle's failure.  Since it's a big event like I said most people who can recognize magic are going to be able to notice it going on regardless of what they are currently doing. Just letting you all know.
Just a question, Mil.
How would the circle's failure affect the flesh giant? I wanted to know, since, I have Reina about to enter self-destruct mode to kill the thing (anti magic bomb could sever the connection the thing has, and maybe damage the circle), so I want to know if I should go with it or not.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: February 08, 2014, 10:48:41 PM »
Tech limits are something out of my control mooncake and when I tried to use the oc thread to get around that I was attacked. If people would listen and stop harassing me when I go to explain I would be willing to try yet again to explain. Sadly I am constantly attacked when I try, thus I am not inclined to think that trying to explain will be anything more than a waste of time.
Well, allow me to be succint:

By not speaking overtly, you are giving two central motivations to, as you spoke it, "Be attacked". For one, so little of your characters is revealed to us that it repeatedly feels like what they are capable of comes from thin air, and for a second point you never speak of anything, shed light on anything or alter your sheets to reflect their real capabilities. Yes, that latter is one big overlaying motivation despite its multiple facets.

If you do explain however, there is only one reason to, ahem, "attack you", and that's because what you are saying your characters are capable of is less than logically sound/respectful to the original canon.

The former makes you look like a less than overly capable writer due to the alarming constancy of unrecognizable abilities and effects coming from seemingly nowhere and somewhat of an man who turns his nose up at people asking him mundane and reasonable things like editing his sheets, and the latter just makes makes you look less than knowledgeable about the source material, and sometimes added with a lack of overall knowledge.

Which would you prefer being called from on high up the street?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: February 08, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »
Plus the fact that this many people have pointed this stuff out. Shouldn't it be obvious by now that if pretty much everyone is calling you (lantz) out on this stuff, it's less harassment and more something that everyone is seeing except for you?

Does Elf have to seriously lay down the GM hammer to actually get you to edit your sheet or have a member of the staff edit it for you? Honestly, lantz, it's starting to reach the point where I honestly think you may have to be punished via GM in some way, shape, or form before you start getting the point. Because almost everyone is frustrated with this by this point. And your attitude is really not helping your case. 

Also, listen well to Daiki's long spoiler paragraphs, for he is wise.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:43:19 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: February 09, 2014, 12:45:07 AM »
I believe that what's going to happen is that you'll be interrupted by the ensuing explosion. (Not nearly as bad as it would be with all circle's active but we are pretty close to the main one so it's gonna happen.)

You'll be able to detect it forming at least and Lobellia is gonna take action as well. So that will be happening.

The golem itself won't have much longer to live, don't feel bad for it, it's happy just doing it's job.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: February 09, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »
Also, Lantz, technical difficulties can be circumvented if you just send to us a little blurb of text/post it in this thread, and we can edit it for you where you point us at.

Because Admins can edit ANYONE'S posts.

Also nobody look up at your posts nothing has changed I swear

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: February 09, 2014, 01:00:30 AM »
It's worse than that, we can even post as other people, and the only way to tell as far as I can see is the IP address.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: February 09, 2014, 01:01:42 AM »
I was trying to joke around and then you made it all creepy

But then again how do people know I'M NOT JUST TALKING TO MYSELF?

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: February 09, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »
My attitude is simple. I do not wish to be harassed while I explain. Which I did say I'd edit but the fourm isn't my life, I'll get to it when I have the time.

swords and sorcery does not match up to canon. INTENTIONALLY, I've decided since everyone seems to have an issue with waiting I'm reformatting the work (not rewriting) to attend to the story chronologically. That way you'll get your answers in the dullest way possible.

again I'll edit the sheet when I get time.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: February 09, 2014, 01:17:08 AM »
...lantz. If you honestly want to keep playing, I'd really suggest you stop messing around with it and do it now. Because right now you're pretty much putting a "kick me out of this RP right now" stamp on your forehead right now.

If people who I know for a damn fact have busier schedules than you have time to edit their sheets, then I don't see any god damn reason for you to delay on yours other than you just making excuses like always.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: February 09, 2014, 01:19:36 AM »
...lantz. If you honestly want to keep playing, I'd really suggest you stop messing around with it and do it now. Because right now you're pretty much putting a "kick me out of this RP right now" stamp on your forehead right now.

If people who I know for a damn fact have busier schedules than you have time to edit their sheets, then I don't see any god damn reason for you to delay on yours other than you just making excuses like always.

Alice, he is right that life outside the forum takes precidence. I think he should edit it, but if he is busy it is not at-all reasonable to expect him to drop everything and edit his sheet right now.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: February 09, 2014, 01:22:28 AM »
Editing your sheet would take like, ten minutes.

Subtract that from bedtime, and you've lost nothing.

Because the thing is, with poor sheets and seemingly pulling things from thin air, you are, indeed, asking to be kicked from the RP.

Because those are two things you just don't do in an RP.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: February 09, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »
As he's said before, he cannot simply edit it, it gives him errors when he tries. He needs one of us to do it for him. And, I do not think it is just going to take ten minutes. Just because you think you can do it in ten minutes, it doesn't mean it is therefore doable in ten minutes. It is fine to want Lantz to fix his sheet, but it is not reasonable to treat him like shit when he said he would do it when he can find the time.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: February 09, 2014, 01:27:11 AM »
...Mike, judging from what I've seen of his schedule on this forum, I'm pretty damn sure he has more than adequate time to edit his freaking sheets. If Nachos, who happens to often be uber busy, has the time to do it, then lantz should have the time to do it. No excuses.

lantz is just proving more and more why he has absolutely no right to be playing here. He doesn't give a damn about any of the other players but himself, period, and has done very, very, very little to prove otherwise.

Same applies for one of us doing it for him. So no, there's no excuse.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: February 09, 2014, 01:28:11 AM »
Okay fine, but it definitely takes him less than ten minutes to make a post. We have the stalky function for that to prove it.

Therefore, he should at least put it into small increments. "Mike, put this here." "Names, put that there."

At least WORK ON IT a tiny little bit at a time unlike what he's been doing since Elf asked him to, what, last week?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: February 09, 2014, 01:32:39 AM »
Okay fine, but it definitely takes him less than ten minutes to make a post. We have the stalky function for that to prove it.

Therefore, he should at least put it into small increments. "Mike, put this here." "Names, put that there."

At least WORK ON IT a tiny little bit at a time unlike what he's been doing since Elf asked him to, what, last week?
Try more like over a month.