Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310329 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5085 on: February 09, 2014, 02:45:03 PM »
Feel free to take a look at the character thread while you're thinking of ideas.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: February 09, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »
Lantz, please, everyone has their weaknesses in their character sheets.

Yes, but everyone else doesn't have a player who is making every effort to kill their characters off at every opportunity....

There's a reason we got a GM. If someone goes metagame, there will be sanctions. Simple as that. No reason to hide informations.

Unless you don't trust Elf as someone impartial and that's another matter entirely.

Yeah, this is true. The problem is, though, it is not always obvious that someone is meta-gaming. Arch could easily make up a character that just happens to use that weakness as part of their natural fighting style. He's done things like that several times previously.

Honestly, I think Elf needs to take a closer look at stuff like that. If she promises that she won't let Arch get away with that sort of crap, then Lantz has far less reason to try to hide things.

Look lantz, we all know we're talking about Magos. And yes, he really hates your characters and sloppy sheets, but he hasn't been trying to murder them as much as you would like to think. You're kind of victimizing yourself here.

He kind-of has....

Look at the past incidents. Multiple times he has nit-picked something out of Lantz's character sheet or similar and used it as an excuse to kill Lantz. Including one time where he deliberately hid his character's alignment on the sheet to try to trick Lantz into acting in a particular manner that would get Toshi killed.

Well, I guess we can settle for not lantz not being able to post with Satoshi until he cooperates. That settles things well enough, since it's what the GM stated.

Well, yes, but he still needs to work out what needs to be in the sheet. And, him dropping out for some time does cause me significant problems, because Kiyoshi is stuck (due to being in a room with the others) and I can't bring in Sakura or family either because they come in through Kiyoshi.

I don't think Elf's decision is unreasonable, but it does cause Lantz significant problems. As others have found, having your character drop out for a significant length of time makes it difficult to re-integrate them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:35:57 PM by Cherry Lover »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: February 09, 2014, 05:45:03 PM »
Except Elf's always GM ruled him to stand down. Remember going loud? Because I sure don't.

That should work both ways. Elf keeps him following the rules, and keeps Lantz doing the same.

It's that simple. In the end, Elf is that top of the food chain.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: February 09, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »
Feel free to take a look at the character thread while you're thinking of ideas.
Did so - thank you for that advice. ^^
Hm...I may just opt to use my OC Lycodrake. It would give me really good practice writing him. :3
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: February 09, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
Except Elf's always GM ruled him to stand down. Remember going loud? Because I sure don't.

That should work both ways. Elf keeps him following the rules, and keeps Lantz doing the same.

It's that simple. In the end, Elf is that top of the food chain.

True. In all the situations where Arch has tried something, Elf has found a non-ass-pully way out, or else has told Magos to take it back. If Magos does somehow just "happen" to find Toshi's weakness ICly, I suspect Elf will not let him just abuse it. Plus, Toshi has allies, who wouldn't just let him get killed....

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: February 09, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »
Right. Therefore, the weakness section of the sheet should be filled up like everyone else's.

Because of what you just said.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: February 09, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »
Is the character page thread final draft only? Because I probably need my application reviewed before I post it - if that's the case.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: February 09, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
You can edit after you post, so don't worry about it. Elf will tell you if it needs work.

Oh, and while we don't strictly have any Monster Girls, we do kinda have the protag of Monster Girl quest. And we've got Mewtwo.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: February 09, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »
You can edit after you post, so don't worry about it. Elf will tell you if it needs work.
Sounds good to me. Hopefully it isn't too terrible.
Posting in a sec. XP
Oh, and while we don't strictly have any Monster Girls, we do kinda have the protag of Monster Girl quest. And we've got Mewtwo.
Luka and Mewtwo are quite boss.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: February 09, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »

Well, Rider is kind-of a monster girl (she counted for Luca, at least). Although liking Athena is probably not a good start in that respect....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:07:01 PM by Cherry Lover »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: February 09, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »
Just be ready to knife fight Valda.

Hint: The knife is a fusion reactor.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:11:56 PM by Aiden »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: February 09, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
Well, Rider is kind-of a monster girl (she counted for Luca, at least). Although liking Athena is probably not a good start in that respect....
Well, I know we disagree about Athena, Mike. It's okay, really - makes for interesting character interaction...if such an occasion arises.
I doubt Rider likes Ares/Mars any more or less, so there's that common ground.
Just be ready to knife fight Valda.

Hint: The knife is a fusion reactor.
oh dear
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:13:51 PM by Lycodrake »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: February 09, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »
Well, I know we disagree about Athena, Mike. It's okay, really - makes for interesting character interaction...if such an occasion arises.
I doubt Rider likes Ares/Mars any more or less, so there's that common ground.

Well, remember that Athena is the one who is responsible for Rider's situation. She's not going to be fond of her one bit. I doubt she'll like Ares either, but he won't be on anything like the same level as Athena.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: February 09, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
Well, remember that Athena is the one who is responsible for Rider's situation. She's not going to be fond of her one bit. I doubt she'll like Ares either, but he won't be on anything like the same level as Athena.
Poseidon played a major part, too. Arguably more significant.
And really, one of the major theories is that Athena couldn't curse Poseidon for his evil act, so she had to - similar to an "impulse" - punish someone for desecrating her temple. I'm defending Athena, but I'm not justifying her cursing Medusa and her sisters.
I just want to get the other viewpoint on it out there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:50:01 PM by Lycodrake »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: February 09, 2014, 09:09:03 PM »
Poseidon played a major part, too. Arguably more significant.
And really, one of the major theories is that Athena couldn't curse Poseidon for his evil act, so she had to - similar to an "impulse" - punish someone for desecrating her temple. I'm defending Athena, but I'm not justifying her cursing Medusa and her sisters.
I just want to get the other viewpoint on it out there.

Yeah, "I had to punish someone so I picked on you because you were the easy target" is of approximately the same level of validity as "I was only following orders" when it comes to justifying immoral acts. You made the decision, unless there was someone there actually forcing you to do it then stop passing the damn buck. And even if there was you shouldn't expect much in the way of sympathy from the victim....