Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310269 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5595 on: March 31, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
Just to lay it out in the open, I added a paragraph of relevant info that I had forgotten to Uchiten's character sheet regarding his ability to use Curses.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:08 AM »
Given the events tied to my characters they haven't had anything to learn, at least nothing that puts them outside of their respective mindset, not yet anyway. So there hasn't been a trigger for development for them.

They've all reacted to things but they aren't facing the "earth shattering" stuff the others are. I said it before, in order to get my characters to "learn their lesson" you have to actually convince them that they are wrong. Thus far I've seen no convincing evidence put forth by the characters, so mine remain steadfast in the belief that they are correct in their intent.
You're basically saying that your characters are always right; hence there's no need for them to develop. You fucking hypocrite. None of your characters will develop simply because of your attitude about them. 

For all you go on and on about character development, you won't allow it because it will need them to be 'wrong.' Which despite us pointing out multiple times that they are wrong and acting like fucking pricks who all suck the cock of a total  asshole with no actual character or charisma or even human fucking decency who is totally OK with killing his mother because he doesn't see her as an actual person - Through his own statements, he said that - they will never admit because you won't allow them too. Your characters are all one dimensional pricks who's main defining feature is how much they love your favorite mary sue's dick in their mouth's.

TL;DR, You are a hypocritical fucking moron
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:40:19 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: April 01, 2014, 02:02:25 AM »
Come on Magos, getting all worked up isn't going to help.

Lantz said that his characters haven't yet been faced with anything that would make them question themselves enough to prompt some kind of change. He's not saying they never will change or completely shutting out the chance of development at least. Some characters are also more static than others. Of course this all means nothing if the person in question is adamant in never being wrong, but I haven't seen any declarations like that.

I understand the reasons why you'd be upset, and personally I also don't really like the way lantz handles some of his characters, but saying things the way you did isn't any better than forcing words into lantz's mouth and deciding things yourself in the same fashion you're accusing him of. Or in other words, talking like you're always right.

Let's not get into drama over this, please.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:52 AM »
I agree with YOLF for the most part. I found what lantz said about his character's development frustrating too for my own reasons (it basically insults the lecture Rin gave Toshi for instance, saying that it had no merit), but your criticisms and complaints could have been better expressed than this.

Criticizing lantz's characters is fine, but as YOLF said, your approach there wasn't the best. It could have done without the last part, for instance.

In other words, don't let your frustration get to you. ...Trust me, I learned that the hard way. ^^" If you ever want to let off some steam about this stuff, just shoot me PMs, I'm cool with that. Vent at me to your heart's desire~ Just try not to let it out this way. Again, your criticisms were fine, it's the way it's stated that's the problem.

...Sorry for not jumping on this sooner btw, I'm a touch under the weather (though I should just power through it, but eh :P). It's also why I don't have my post done quite yet (or a post, I might end up doing this in parts again for each character/sets of characters). I'll try to get on posting asap, once my brain's a bit less mushy.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: April 01, 2014, 02:37:56 AM »
Rin sidestepped Satoshi's intent Alice and the stake for which he acted. If she had not devalued his intent to protect life after Archer threated and nearly reignited the conflict (which you had Archer admit was an error) Then Satoshi would have agreed with her. However she's speaking as if protecting a life is wrong, at least as far as Satoshi can see. If someone questioned Rin's core beliefs I would expect her to be just as stubborn. Satoshi believes in protecting life, misdirection and bluffing is sometimes part of that. And to be frank neither Archer or Satoshi threw a punch so I think Rin and company are overreacting.

And it's not as if Rin is a pure snowflake, she outright disowned Sakura because the woman wouldn't believe (after five minutes) that her brother is a monster. And Satoshi and Sakura already admitted their errors in the situations so far.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: April 01, 2014, 02:45:45 AM »
Rin sidestepped Satoshi's intent Alice and the stake for which he acted. If she had not devalued his intent to protect life after Archer threated and nearly reignited the conflict (which you had Archer admit was an error) Then Satoshi would have agreed with her. However she's speaking as if protecting a life is wrong, at least as far as Satoshi can see. If someone questioned Rin's core beliefs I would expect her to be just as stubborn. Satoshi believes in protecting life, misdirection and bluffing is sometimes part of that. And to be frank neither Archer or Satoshi threw a punch so I think Rin and company are overreacting.

And it's not as if Rin is a pure snowflake, she outright disowned Sakura because the woman wouldn't believe (after five minutes) that her brother is a monster. And Satoshi and Sakura already admitted their errors in the situations so far.
My hand is smacking into my face so fucking hard.

So you're trying to pin the blame on Rin for Satoshi pretty much threatening multiple times to kill Archer and Rin being pissy about it for obvious reasons? She's not saying protecting a life is wrong, in fact pretty much the exact opposite. If anything, Satoshi is going against his entire creedo by even threatening someone with harm, let alone actually trying to harm others mulitiple times.

Satoshi is a horrible character that is the source of the majority of my complaints about your Roleplaying and this is just a minor factor of it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: April 01, 2014, 02:57:06 AM »
Don't care Arch, have fun with that opinion of yours

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: April 01, 2014, 03:01:13 AM »
...lantz. Honestly, what you said really comes off as trolling to me. None of that is true. Your response to Magos makes this worse. Yes, Magos went too far with his response, and I addressed that. And then you turn and do that to me. So yes, as far as I can see, what you just did was a deliberate trolling attempt.

This is yet another warning. Next time I'm probably going to move up to a tempban. Stop twisting people's words or straight up lying to make yourself look like the victim, it's getting really old at this point.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:02:12 AM by Alice »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:39 AM »
No, it wasn't a trolling attempt and he wasn't twisting your words (although he may well be misunderstanding them). He was simply expressing his opinion. I agree that he seems to miss the point about Rin's feelings about Archer, but it is just a different way of looking at things, not an attempt to troll you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:06:22 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: April 01, 2014, 03:08:21 AM »
I was not trolling you Alice, I can provide proof in the RP for my characters motivations and the actions I claimed. As for Arch he openly harasses me all the time, most recently on beast's lair where everyone called him on it with his nonsense thread. I've reached my limit and I'm being honest, I do not care about his opinions, he's free to have them but I'm not going to pretend I'm listening.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: April 01, 2014, 03:26:59 AM »
What proof exactly, lantz? Because quite frankly, I recall those sections quite clearly, namely because of the drama surrounding them, and I know for a fact that you are straight up lying or twisting the truth. In fact, certain parts of what you have said have been argued against before by the likes of Nachos, who saw similar to what I did, thus proving that you are, in fact, being dishonest.The fact that you responded to that right when I was trying to quell drama indicates that your intentions were not good. I can provide plenty of proof that what you are saying is false, as I suspect could a number of others, but I would prefer that the drama end here. If I have to though, I will link those sections.

The warning stands, lantz. You're on quite thin ice here.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: April 01, 2014, 03:42:21 AM »
Alice, he is not lying, and he is certainly not trolling. He just has a different interpretation. Nothing said in Lantz's statement is really an outright factual statement that you can objectively say he must know is false. He never said that Rin said protecting a life was wrong, he said that the way she spoke made it seem that way to Toshi. I agree that it is somewhat bizarre that he would see it that way, but it's not a lie, just an unusual interpretation.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:17 AM »
I was not trolling you Alice, I can provide proof in the RP for my characters motivations and the actions I claimed. As for Arch he openly harasses me all the time, most recently on beast's lair where everyone called him on it with his nonsense thread. I've reached my limit and I'm being honest, I do not care about his opinions, he's free to have them but I'm not going to pretend I'm listening.
I'll admit I might 'Harass' you occasionally, but I'm not lying. Satoshi has acted like a dick to pretty much everyone who isn't your characters. He threatened to kill Archer - not D. Archer but I'm pretty sure he's threatened him too - and during that threat implied (hell, he practically outright said) that he views servants as 'less than human.' To go around and then accuse Rin of 'not wanting to preserve life'  or whatever it is, is a flat out lie. She does want to preserve life, hell, she didn't even really disown Sakura. She kept tabs on her even when she was with the Matou.

Even with Satoshi's "It's a bluff" motive, he still acted like a total prick in that scene for no damn reason.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: April 01, 2014, 03:44:42 AM »
Alice, he is not lying, and he is certainly not trolling. He just has a different interpretation. Nothing said in Lantz's statement is really an outright factual statement that you can objectively say he must know is false. He never said that Rin said protecting a life was wrong, he said that the way she spoke made it seem that way to Toshi. I agree that it is somewhat bizarre that he would see it that way, but it's not a lie, just an unusual interpretation.
By that Logic, C_V could simply have a different perspective and interpretation on what's acceptable on an internet forum.

Satoshi has acted like a total douche through most of this RP, this is just more of the same. It's practically trolling at this point.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:56 AM »
She does want to preserve life, hell, she didn't even really disown Sakura. She kept tabs on her even when she was with the Matou.

Wrong Sakura, he means his OC (Rin's daughter). Not that I really blame you for making that mistake, I thought the same thing when I initially read it.

By that Logic, C_V could simply have a different perspective and interpretation on what's acceptable on an internet forum.

Perhaps, but what I saw of CV makes him pretty obviously a troll. What I see of Lantz makes him pretty obviously not one (I think it helps that I know Lantz outside of just posts on this forum).

Honestly, you yourself would be a better example of that. Some of the things you do make me wonder if you are trolling sometimes, but I don't think you actually are. It's just that you end up causing real problems. Indeed, I'm pretty sure there were people on BL who called me a troll due to the trouble I sometimes caused and the things I would blow up over.

Satoshi has acted like a total douche through most of this RP, this is just more of the same. It's practically trolling at this point.

Satoshi has done some dumb things, yeah, but it's not trolling, because it's genuine. If I argue with a fundamentalist Christian nutjob who thinks the universe is 6000 years old, he's probably going to annoy me just as much as CV did, but he's not a troll because he actually believes it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:54:26 AM by Cherry Lover »