Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310498 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5640 on: April 12, 2014, 02:38:51 AM »
He may be immortal, but I think he's kind of out of his league there versus a wingless dragon and an otherwordly rider of fire.
Not that I'm bringing up power levels, of course. 'cause that would be silly.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: April 12, 2014, 06:52:45 AM »
Neo running away from people more powerful than him is a sign that the more powerful beings just got trolled and Neo won that one.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: April 12, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »
I believe the proper expression is "It is on!".
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: April 13, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »
'xcuse me, Ivan.

Fel Fire: Gwyllt commands undying green fire that animates his sword and the inside of his armor. These flames cannot be extinguished by any ordinary means, and consume anything they wash over at a much higher rate than regular fire or even plain old magical flames do.

EDIT: Doesn't his "paradoxical" magic resistance mean supernatural effects hurt and affect him but can't kill him? Or does that just mean his immortality itself is magic proof?

Either way, his clothes are probably on fire, if nothing else.

Also, big indignant wingless dragon (Lyco), demigod justice man (Tywin), feel free to jump in.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:17:51 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: April 13, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »
Ivan that shit is basically magical White Phosphorus. Rolling on the ground isn't putting it out.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: April 13, 2014, 10:48:36 PM »
I'm sorry I disappeared, guys. I got really, really sick after a class trip with limited internet connection - on Wednesday/Tuesday night I checked into the ER, which is actually a really nice place when I was able to appreciate it. I'm on the mend and much better now, though. On antibiotics, which are helping a great deal.

also yolf i hear you wanted someone to jump in allow me to oblige you muwahahaha

E: I... I may have gotten a little carried away in that post there. Also not 100% happy with Wanderer's response, but it works, I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:33:39 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: April 14, 2014, 12:28:22 AM »
Welcome back! Good to hear you're better now.

Also, uh, wow, I might need a bit to write an appropriate response to that.
*c* I almost feel sorry for Gwyllt having to take on a genuine Horseman, but he'll accept the challenge in good stride.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: April 14, 2014, 12:38:28 AM »
Welcome back! Good to hear you're better now.

Also, uh, wow, I might need a bit to write an appropriate response to that.
*c* I almost feel sorry for Gwyllt having to take on a genuine Horseman, but he'll accept the challenge in good stride.

Haha, thanks :D

Yes, got a little carried away there >.>

Also, he won't be fighting all out - Wanderer just wants to test Gwylit, to see if he holds up to his convictions and the legends that gave him shape. I saw his dialogue with Neo and was like "Wow I could not ask for a more perfect place to interject myself right now."

I feel whatever happens, it'll be interesting. At the very least, anyone with spiritual sensing abilities or magical abilities at all is going to feel this. War taking his true form is not a quiet event.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:42:55 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: April 14, 2014, 05:19:20 AM »
'xcuse me, Ivan.

Fel Fire: Gwyllt commands undying green fire that animates his sword and the inside of his armor. These flames cannot be extinguished by any ordinary means, and consume anything they wash over at a much higher rate than regular fire or even plain old magical flames do.

EDIT: Doesn't his "paradoxical" magic resistance mean supernatural effects hurt and affect him but can't kill him? Or does that just mean his immortality itself is magic proof?

Either way, his clothes are probably on fire, if nothing else.

Also, big indignant wingless dragon (Lyco), demigod justice man (Tywin), feel free to jump in.

That's like saying that if I burned a piece of wood with an acetylene torch and then took torch away, the fire that will consume the wood is the same and as hot as the fire that burned from the torch's muzzle.

Also, he won't be fighting all out - Wanderer just wants to test Gwylit, to see if he holds up to his convictions and the legends that gave him shape. I saw his dialogue with Rattus and was like "Wow I could not ask for a more perfect place to interject myself right now."

Rattus and Gwylit hasn't interacted yet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:21:22 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: April 14, 2014, 05:41:55 AM »
derp I meant Neo sorry Ivan
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:43:46 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: April 14, 2014, 11:59:40 AM »

That's like saying that if I burned a piece of wood with an acetylene torch and then took torch away, the fire that will consume the wood is the same and as hot as the fire that burned from the torch's muzzle.

You didn't answer the question.

And supernatural fire, physics do not apply.

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: April 14, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
You didn't answer the question.

Can be affected by negative debuffs but can't get killed by them.

And if physics doesn't apply and considering the Krokodil Factory's situation and supposed location, an industrial complex, then the fell fire can spread throughout flammable materials like gasoline, acetylene and oil and, with it being inextinguishable, therefore cause a inextinguishable titanic firestorm in the city. If the factory, however, is located in a residential area, the effects the more devastating and can spread faster. Same result.

Either way, I think Gwylit inadvertently caused widespread destruction, consuming millions of property and potentially taking innocent lives, if physics doesn't apply to fell fire.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: April 14, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »
Can be affected by negative debuffs but can't get killed by them.

And if physics doesn't apply and considering the Krokodil Factory's situation and supposed location, an industrial complex, then the fell fire can spread throughout flammable materials like gasoline, acetylene and oil and, with it being inextinguishable, therefore cause a inextinguishable titanic firestorm in the city. If the factory, however, is located in a residential area, the effects the more devastating and can spread faster. Same result.

Either way, I think Gwylit inadvertently caused widespread destruction, consuming millions of property and potentially taking innocent lives, if physics doesn't apply to fell fire.

Yes, okay, that's precisely the same thing that's written on the character sheet. I don't know what you define as "debuffs". Do attacks of a magical or supernatural nature hurt and actually cause him damage, but can't kill him, or can't they, and all they can do is make him weaker if that is one of their effects?

"Physics do not apply" was my response to the particular point you brought up. That is a different one. It's still fire, so it still behaves like fire. Naturally it spreads through flammable materials, even if it doesn't obey all of the restrictions physics should put on it. Now here's the deal. Gwyllt explicitly controls his fel fire as he pleases. Which means he can tell it where to go (as he has demonstrated already by surrounding only the factory) and he can contain it or even extinguish it if he so wishes.

So yeah, the factory and the ones involved with the krokodil are really the only ones endangered here. And as far as Gwyllt is concerned, the place can turn to ashes (and likely will, in a bit).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:36:25 PM by YOLF »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: April 14, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »
Funny fact, Harry Dresden (Wizard) once fought the idea that magic fire wouldn't act as normal fire does.

While playing DnD.

10 foot perfect spherical explosion fireballs

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: April 14, 2014, 01:28:07 PM »
Funny fact, Harry Dresden (Wizard) once fought the idea that magic fire wouldn't act as normal fire does.

While playing DnD.

10 foot perfect spherical explosion fireballs

I guess that sounds like Harry. 8P
Also sounds like a comment he'd leave in the TRPG book.