Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 309467 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5745 on: April 22, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »
Why did I depict Neo as a Technpriest Skaven?

Milbunk, dismiss everyone so you can have them explore Nexus.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: April 22, 2014, 04:02:05 PM »
Hmm I think I have a plan in mind I'll write it out a little later today but yeah I'll give you some freedom, you'll prolly be tagging along with someone as well since I don't think Downy would 100% right now but you can take the reign on where you wish to go essentially while he locates a base of operations.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: April 22, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Hmm, what is Medea going to do now that the people at the compound have shown that they're stronger than she'd expected...?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: April 22, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »
Well her plan was to just scout and create a distraction so at the moment nothing is quite out of her expectations. She's gonna stay quiet for the moment, prolly do something with Bloble's character once he's ready.

Oh and Daiki, consider this as a way to make up from before, but did you have a preference as to who Mordred's gonna go exploring with? Or would you rather I choose?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:57:41 PM by Milbunk »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: April 22, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
I am going to postpone participation here until my conference ends. Not sure if I'l have internet.

Brahmastra

« Reply #5750 on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »
Considered joining in for a while, and with Moony making his move, I feel it is my time.

"An inexhaustible greed that takes and takes. Even with so much wealth, still you desire new treasures? …well, I do understand the feeling. In any case, my head is not worth even one penny. For you, even if you obtained my armor it wouldn’t be enough, but you’ll have to give up on that one, at least.  That said, this spear is necessary in our to fulfill my promise with you. Which means that all that’s left is this head. Go ahead and take it. — provided, of course, that you can."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »
Does the City have any police force?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:20 PM »
It does, but I don't think it's particularly effective by default, especially against supernatural beings.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: April 22, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
Considering the fact that PARIAH just slaughtered a family in their home and hasn't left the building... He's going to cause a bit of commotion.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: April 22, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
In the RP itself at least, several posts (one of which I made) have alluded to the fact that the regular Police force usually ignores supernatural matters as much as the general populace does if they are able to.

In the way that they investigate such incidents, make vague statements about it, and most of the time shut things off with an excuse because either they're being told to, or they really can't do much against whatever the real cause is and it's best for everyone to ignore it.

Of course, the super cops are of a different persuasion entirely, but they've been absent from the RP for a while.

Also, Deacon Frost has the mayor cowered under his finger, so that's relevant.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:47:08 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »
Well, I think that the population in general is well aware of the supernatural elements in the city, but knows that the police are just as powerless to do anything about it as everyone else is, so they don't expect much. I doubt the police give excuses so much as they just go "well, yeah, he was eaten by a werewolf, what the fuck do you expect us to do about it?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: April 22, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
Problem is unlike some of the characters PARIAH gives zero fucks about trying to keep himself hidden. He'd probably just walk down the streets in the middle of the day consuming everything in sight.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:29:57 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: April 22, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
Yeah, in this world, no-one tries to keep theirselves hidden. Werewolves, Vampires etc. just roam the streets freely.

Of course, roaming around like that is very quickly going to bring him to the attention of people like Forest....
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:36:06 PM by Cherry Lover »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: April 22, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »
But even then, people freak out over a warg-sized dragon.
I sense a prejudice regarding the supernatural, as though werewolves and vampires are "normal". :V
=P
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: April 22, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »
My character is prejudiced about vampires, but since Stone Mask vampires of JJBA verse are either near mindless cannibalistic monsters or trollish sickfucks, that's normal reaction.