Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 311105 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5865 on: April 27, 2014, 02:05:47 AM »
Wyld Hunt & War, yo.

Brahmastra

« Reply #5866 on: April 27, 2014, 02:09:55 AM »
Enuma Elish vs Brahmashira

checkmate, atheists.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: April 27, 2014, 02:12:54 AM »
I entertain the idea you wouldn't obliterate the whole city in your penis contest.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: April 27, 2014, 02:13:14 AM »
It's going to be great! For some reasons, I also want to see drunk Lyco.
I shall endeavor to amuse you.  :P
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Brahmastra

« Reply #5869 on: April 27, 2014, 02:18:25 AM »
I entertain the idea you wouldn't obliterate the whole city in your penis contest.

I cant promise anything, but me and Moony have plans, that I tell you.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: April 27, 2014, 02:21:23 AM »
One pack(1 leader and nine hunter) can cause a challenge to a servant. If you take out the leader however the rest of them are basically dead meat. They're pretty stupid without someone directly guiding them. They basically become all instinct without a leader. They also lack agility. Fast but they can't really dodge.

That sound balanced for everyone? Because I can mass produce. Just don't want to make it too ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:41:24 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: April 27, 2014, 03:07:08 AM »
If a single pack is dangerous to a servant then it seems pretty powerful to have a whole bunch of them, but I don't think it's OP compared to some of what is out there.

Also, what does it mean by "bring them here if they survived the first strike"? Do you mean by capturing them and dragging them there?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: April 27, 2014, 03:35:20 AM »
Well yeah. He's basically a kid who has no concepts of morality or such. He also wants friends. So the simplest solution in his eyes is to bring them to him.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:36:18 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #5873 on: April 27, 2014, 03:35:31 AM »
I'd imagine that PARIAH is interested in the people it encounters that are actually strong, similarly to it's fascination with Karna.

Also it wants friends.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:36:04 AM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: April 27, 2014, 04:10:04 AM »
Sure, but that plan fails somewhat when they turn out to be strong enough to kill the things outright....

I kind-of want them to run into Kiyoshi (he's a magus, so he should be able to survive the first strike at least), but I can't see how that could work without Rider stopping them.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:18 AM »
Sure, but that plan fails somewhat when they turn out to be strong enough to kill the things outright....

I kind-of want them to run into Kiyoshi (he's a magus, so he should be able to survive the first strike at least), but I can't see how that could work without Rider stopping them.
Well, if they managed to kill all the hunters PARIAH would just come himself along with one or two packs to meet them personally. Problem with Rider is she's an actual servant so hunters can't hit her, and she's pretty fast. Their best bet would be to utilize the fact that all regular hunters are identical. Start trading Kiyoshi in between them. But even that is sort of an asspull. If she could be hit by normal people this would be much simpler.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: April 27, 2014, 05:00:45 AM »
Well, it's more the initial capture that would pose a problem really. Rider doesn't really tend to leave Kiyoshi unprotected, for obvious reasons. Once they got hold of him it might not be too difficult to keep hold of him, because Rider would have to be careful about what she did to avoid harming him, and it's obvious from the situation that they're not intending to just kill Kiyoshi.

And, what do you mean by "trading Kiyoshi between them"? How would they even get hold of him (and not kill him)?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: April 27, 2014, 05:12:30 AM »
Well, it's more the initial capture that would pose a problem really. Rider doesn't really tend to leave Kiyoshi unprotected, for obvious reasons. Once they got hold of him it might not be too difficult to keep hold of him, because Rider would have to be careful about what she did to avoid harming him, and it's obvious from the situation that they're not intending to just kill Kiyoshi.

And, what do you mean by "trading Kiyoshi between them"? How would they even get hold of him (and not kill him)?
I was thinking of them throwing Kiyoshi between them. Since Rider has a good chance of overtaking them. The initial capture would be difficult. Maybe just having some hunters serve as a wall of flesh? Block her off for a few seconds after Kiyoshi survives/dodges a blow from one of them. Unless she can sense the crows they would have the place scoped out well. Presumably they would go after Rider and one of the hunters goes for Kiyoshi. Once they realize they cant hurt Rider but know that Kiyoshi is a "person" they grab him and make a run for it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:14:18 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: April 27, 2014, 05:36:45 AM »
Well, I'm not sure how they would throw Kiyoshi between them, he would be capable of fighting back. And, Rider would follow them, which I think is hard to avoid.

The concept works, but they'd have to find a way to completely hide Kiyoshi from Rider so she had no idea which one had him, and then split up.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:30 AM »
I suppose I could add hydras. Basically a giant tentacle creatures that travel underground. Have it swallow the hunters with Kiyoshi. Then use a few of them to create false tunnels when Rider pursues. How much damage can he take?