Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310353 times)

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #5910 on: April 29, 2014, 12:55:25 AM »
If he sees another Sakura while he might be a little irrational he'll realise that it isn't his Sakura. Not the one he saw grow as a person and mage as he grew as a hero.

This Shirou just pulled Alaya contract to allow him to master both sides of himself. He now has a version of UBW that does it's usual thing but in addition has every weapon he used Knight of Honour on and the ability to invoke full power Lancelot for a few minutes.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: April 29, 2014, 12:58:40 AM »
Ah, OK, then Rider will probably be OK with him.

Also, Sakura actually does learn to use magic post-HF, I think. Certainly she is learning in HA, and the version I am playing is a reasonably competent magus. She might be fairly helpless at the time of the game, but there's no indication that she would remain so once Zouken is out of the way (and, Zouken is a problem she simply is incapable of fixing herself).

Also, my Sakura won't be that different from what he knows as far as I can tell, aside from having Shirou around full time. She's close to Rin, and whilst she's not a proper magus in the sense that Rin is (because she has no desire to be), she is a very competent magic user (especially with her extra prana supply).

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: April 29, 2014, 01:06:27 AM »
Remember HF normal.
She collapses without having an emotional crutch in the form of Shirou and just endlessly waits in a grief sticken denial.
I'm just going to have her you know capable of functioning as a person without Shirou. Have her grow into a person who is capable of moving on from his loss. Also I hate the dropping of the ideals in HF so I wanted to give sakura a route where shirou doesn't have to kill his core motivation.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: April 29, 2014, 01:16:08 AM »
There's a distinction between Shirou dying to save her and Shirou leaving to go fight, though. The reason she breaks in HF Normal is because she sees Shirou's death as her fault, and can't get over having him and then losing him again. Him just leaving to go fight once she'd been saved and had Rin around wouldn't have anything like the same effect.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: April 29, 2014, 01:18:27 AM »
I just wish she honoured is death by deciding to live instead of following in Shirou's stupid guilt complex footsteps. (I love the guy still)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: April 29, 2014, 01:27:10 AM »
Well, yeah, her reaction in HF Normal isn't great, but it's not representative of how she would act more generally. It's an extreme situation that drove her to that point.

Brahmastra

« Reply #5916 on: April 29, 2014, 01:49:34 AM »
Guys, you better not be dropping that mountain on the city, or Axe Cop will end up throwing it at you.

...Would you be surprised if I said we're gonna have things become way more destructive than this.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: April 29, 2014, 01:52:44 AM »
On a more serious note this damage is bound to be affecting a fairly large radius of the city which means it could affect other RPer's. What does everyone else think?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: April 29, 2014, 01:54:17 AM »
I might be making a new character just to deal with Brah and Moony's shit.

Edit: He'll be glorious. He would also be depraved. Very depraved.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:54:55 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: April 29, 2014, 01:54:53 AM »
On a more serious note this damage is bound to be affecting a fairly large radius of the city which means it could affect other RPer's. What does everyone else think?

I think it's getting a bit ridiculous, honestly.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: April 29, 2014, 01:57:04 AM »
You should have spoke up when he made Karna with an astra that literally drops a mountain.

Brahmastra

« Reply #5921 on: April 29, 2014, 01:59:14 AM »

You should've raised complaints before I got approved, where the mountain-drop and my Hindu-Gate-Of-Babylon Astras still could've been removed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:33:25 PM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: April 29, 2014, 02:04:48 AM »
You should have spoke up when he made Karna with an astra that literally drops a mountain.

I do recall saying Karna was somewhat OP....

Brahmastra

« Reply #5923 on: April 29, 2014, 02:11:27 AM »

I do recall saying Karna was somewhat OP....

Somewhat isn't the right word, I'll gladly admit that both Karna and Gil are ridunkulously overpowered, which is part of the reason why me and Moony are playing them in a way that can make them come of as antagonistic; So that people can unite against us.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: April 29, 2014, 02:15:19 AM »
The problem is that the entire RP combined probably can't defeat you guys. Further, they almost certainly can't do so without casualties, and many of the people in the RP aren't here to fight and get their characters killed.