Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310322 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6135 on: May 01, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »
I'll stop Gil and Karna from turning the city to dust in an hour or two.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: May 01, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
Missing mandible.
I believe when you have reached EX everything magic just can't harm you at all. Thus I think you should reduce teh effectiveness off any of your skills on an EX guy to 0%.
The Graviton family of magics are the equivalent of nukes in Elissa's AU. Even with the base version of the spell (Which can only really effect infantry and vehicles, lacking the necessary umph to damage buildings or destroy super heavies), I feel that it should be sufficiently powerful enough to crack the ribs and damage an organ or two for one that has EX Ranking.

Now, if you can nullify magic entirely, like the person Elf asked about, you get to sit there and laugh at me as I go off and sulk.

I thought EX rank resistance meant that you wen't lol!nope to everything that hit you that was magic. I though EX magic resistance was full nullification.

Saber's magic resitance works primarily like that It just reduces the stuff that hits her to nothing if it's not the apporopriate rank.

You seem to interpret that EX is basically A + 1 rank whereas I see it as, holy shit we just broke the charts and nothing can phase this guy.

I believe the level of damage you speak of is minor and fair enougth that it wouldn't be to broken in the RP and would be okay if you continued.

Yo, Elf a little clarification? Does EX magic restance become full nullification to all magics other than EX? Or is it just a rank higher than A in resistance.

Look at Avalon and it's EX rank. Nothing can effect it, everything you shoot at it is useless, EA and it's EX rank (A++ can destroy a fortress that's cute, I can destroy a world) or even Alexanders EX rank (YOu have A rank weapon I have 20000 of those guys)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: May 01, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »
This is honestly my first kinda serious RP, and I'm trying to be careful. I kind of feel that I'm being cheese with the above spells.

I like them. In fact, I think I did something much like the sunder bolts one for a character I was designing once (although, in my case his entire magic was based around manipulating the electromagnetic field).

But, yeah, there is no real need for exact calculations. I'm also not sure how the Sunder Bolt can do partial damage (surely someone either disintegrates or they don't...), and the nature of it makes it sound like it wouldn't affect a spiritual entity like Rider (because she's not made of normal matter). Graviton likely would affect her, though, assuming you somehow managed to hit her....

Do you guys have problem with Grim?
I know he's modded Alien but I've modded him enough that I believe he has enough magicalness for this RP.
I don`t mean to warp the setting and if you want you can always just imagine it was I don`t know a mutated magical slime that decided to try parisitsm and this is futher mutant that tried out symbiosis.

I don`t mean to drive things crazy like say Goku. I just was curious of trying an AU symbiote that interacted with Nasuverse.

Theoretically you could have this guy act a master for servant and do many other things. I just love the symbiote and came up with the idea for living magic crest. I combined the two and created Grim.

Not at all, I was just checking that Elf hadn't missed that he was an alien. Strictly speaking he is against the rules as Elf wrote them, but I am hardly someone who cares for rigid adherence to the rules and, besides, any RP has an implicit rule 0 saying "the GM can break any rule".

I am sorry for your loss.
I am, too.

But rejoice! For you get to have a magi-symbiote!

Hey any badass normals want taste of power over here. Grim is most effective with a host and I will even let you control him during the bonding. It just gives you taste of thing in a different light, I just gain a little mana from you but pull all your stats to at least my level or add +1 to whichever ones are beyond mine. So anyone ready to take give me ride?

Does the person he is hosted by have the ability to do much of anything? Or are they just under his complete control?

Missing mandible.
I believe when you have reached EX everything magic just can't harm you at all. Thus I think you should reduce teh effectiveness off any of your skills on an EX guy to 0%.
The Graviton family of magics are the equivalent of nukes in Elissa's AU. Even with the base version of the spell (Which can only really effect infantry and vehicles, lacking the necessary umph to damage buildings or destroy super heavies), I feel that it should be sufficiently powerful enough to crack the ribs and damage an organ or two for one that has EX Ranking.

Now, if you can nullify magic entirely, like the person Elf asked about, you get to sit there and laugh at me as I go off and sulk.

I'm pretty sure that EX magic resistance means you are completely immune to magic, otherwise it wouldn't be EX. It doesn't matter how strong the magic is at that point, it simply cannot harm you.

Also, that spell sounds like it is basically going to kill just about anyone it hits, even with rank A Magic Resistance. Would you say it would kill someone like Saber, for example? Or, would her servant nature allow her to reduce the damage?

Yo, Elf a little clarification? Does EX magic restance become full nullification to all magics other than EX? Or is it just a rank higher than A in resistance.

It's up to the player, I think. Elf can't really say on their behalf how good their magic resistance is, and the stats given are only an indication of a player's strength, they are not rigidly enforced.

I'm not sure anyone has EX magic resistance, though, so....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:15:36 PM by Cherry Lover »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: May 01, 2014, 05:38:18 PM »
Very well, then. I'll just modify the chart.

It's just that I had felt like I needed at least one spell that could hurt those with the EX rating, even if it would leave me handicapped for a time. Oh, well, I don't think there are that many like that anyways. I'm going to go off and reading th other character sheets.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: May 01, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »
There are always going to be some people who you just can't fight, that's just how these things work. Rider can't do a thing to Gabriel, for instance, because she's a magical entity and he is completely immune to magic.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: May 01, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
So, just to confirm do you guys want to go back to Downy?
Lyco doesn't have much choice - his only other option would be to stick around for the Riders' battle and get caught up in the collateral damage while drugged - so, apparently, yes.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: May 01, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
Does the person he is hosted by have the ability to do much of anything? Or are they just under his complete control?

The people who Grim binds to still are in complete control of their actions. Slightly more impulsive because Grim like his native universe cousins likes a little adrenaline in the system but beyond that the controls are up to you.

I'll just pop on in after the initial bonding and a little fun on your side to jump to someone else and if you had a unique magic that you used Grim would automatically act like an amplifier. He would then be able to copy that magic and if you maybe take a really small (you'd regenerate it anyways after like day) portion of your magical engergy to help increase his max total.

Also how many player characters have died so far?
Is the number at 0?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:14:55 PM by Gray »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: May 01, 2014, 09:19:40 PM »
Actually, 3 player characters have died so far, but one got risen as a vampire.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: May 01, 2014, 09:23:45 PM »
Manticores are Persian in origin. And in no way, shape, or form will I or any of my characters take "Manticore" seriously. Joke characters smearing mythology are only :| worthy.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Brahmastra

« Reply #6144 on: May 01, 2014, 09:31:37 PM »
Manticores are Persian in origin. And in no way, shape, or form will I or any of my characters take "Manticore" seriously. Joke characters smearing mythology are only :| worthy.

What are you talking about, this is clearly an entirely serious sheet for entirely serious purposes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:33:19 PM by Brahmastra »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:14 PM »
So, just to confirm do you guys want to go back to Downy?

Go ahead.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »
My new character will die soon, but go undead. Arranged it with Elf.

I am tempted to save 4 spots for King Arthur, Gawain, Bedivere and Kay. I mean original ones from early Celtic legends. They were like Celtic Avengers or even Fantastic Four because of their superpowers.

- Bedivere was one handed badass who wielded dark magic

- Kay could survive without air for 9 days, could become gigantic as tallest trees, immune to fire and water, could radiate supernatural heat from his body (inb4 Human Torch) and his sword inflicted incurable wounds.

- Arthur was a badass monster slayer with necromantic powers and a mini-Gilgamesh. Fought and/or befriended pagan gods while raiding the supernatural realms.

- Gawain had the same immunity as in Fate Extra, was exceptional healer and his adventures were practically long chain of murders and banging women.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:47:50 PM by AKatIsFineToo »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: May 01, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »

The people who Grim binds to still are in complete control of their actions. Slightly more impulsive because Grim like his native universe cousins likes a little adrenaline in the system but beyond that the controls are up to you.

I'll just pop on in after the initial bonding and a little fun on your side to jump to someone else and if you had a unique magic that you used Grim would automatically act like an amplifier. He would then be able to copy that magic and if you maybe take a really small (you'd regenerate it anyways after like day) portion of your magical engergy to help increase his max total.

Ah, OK.

I'm not sure if any of my characters would fit. Sakura has way too much willpower to be influenced by him, and I suspect Rider would be immune due to not being normal.

Also how many player characters have died so far?
Is the number at 0?

Three (one who got raised), all Daiki's.

I certainly don't want my characters dying (because one death would wreck the RP for all of them), and I think that's true of a few others.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: May 01, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »
I wonder how local Fate based or inspired cast would react to ORIGINAL Arthur and co.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »
Well Downy and Lobelia can do soul manipulation. (It's how Lobelia manages to live over a 1000 years.)

I cannot imagine something like that going well. Best case they lose their sense of self in the sea of soul, worst case... yeah I would rather not think about it.

Plus even if Downy could stifle the irrational fear Messianic Presence evokes, what about the rest of them?