Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310374 times)

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6165 on: May 02, 2014, 02:27:25 AM »
When you say "A wall of rock had formed in front of him while the ground below him opened up and swallowed him without a sound"
Did you mean that Grigori had gone underground, or that you tried to drop Minato in a pit?
The wording implies the first, but I wanted to make sure.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: May 02, 2014, 02:27:59 AM »
Grigori has gone underground. He's about 3 meters.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:29:29 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: May 02, 2014, 02:36:53 AM »
@Mike:

I mean to it to be contingency just in case a character refuses Grim's coming on to them.

I just want to steal some magical power is all.

If the character has an artifact or creature supplying all that power I'd take over the power source.

Sybiotes have taken over some prettty rad stuff. Carnage symbiote took over silver surfer now. I think it can handle some other stuff thats pretty OP for a while.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: May 02, 2014, 02:44:03 AM »
Well, you can't force other players to accept Grim attaching himself to them, and if it is in-character for them to be able to resist then they would likely do so. Attacking them in that case is fine, but I don't think it is necessarily reasonable for you to seek to cause them permanent damage.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: May 02, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »
Well, you can't force other players to accept Grim attaching himself to them, and if it is in-character for them to be able to resist then they would likely do so. Attacking them in that case is fine, but I don't think it is necessarily reasonable for you to seek to cause them permanent damage.

Grim's entire purpose in life is to find it's one true love and gain more magic too feed off of. If someone gets in the way and it can get back at them by feeding off of their magic or stealing a magical possession, core, circuit, familiar or so such then he would be spiteful enough to want to make them suffer.

(remember how yandere venom got when anything kept it from peter before it went host jumping, imagine that but they are connected to the person both magically and physically and the feel the rejection happening, they will hit back hard)

Grim has the heart of a young maiden looking for love and the fury of a woman scorned after being denied that love. Still genderless though.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: May 02, 2014, 02:52:33 AM »
No one's contesting that. Just warning you to not expect a character that Grim tries to steal power from to stand there and take it without a natural retaliation if it is possible, or to simply let Grim do as he pleases.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: May 02, 2014, 03:00:37 AM »
I've noted capability in taking over powerful things (like say the silver surfer) and noted motivation for revenge if they don't cooperate.
I might suprise some players to make things fun as Grim really wants to try out host options and I don't think I'll get approval from everyone.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: May 02, 2014, 03:03:24 AM »
You said Carnage did it. Not Grim. :V

And some of the stuff roaming around Nexus City is quite... unorthodox.

Though I see your point.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: May 02, 2014, 03:16:02 AM »
Same species, different levels and types of crazy.

You see I establish mental and magical link with characters I bond to. In other words the moment I try to bond to them I have their character sheet in my head (that isn't metagaming I think, symbiotes naturally enhance and upgrade their hosts and they would have to know more about the host before they work to enhance them). So when bonding I think I could give see weak points in characters I could exploit. Sometimes I'll try on some enemies just to fail (like I'll try Valter but he just turns into a cloud of dust and outwills me). Look at Grigori, I'm only alive on his whim and Grim damn well knows it due to mental bond.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: May 02, 2014, 03:20:24 AM »
I've noted capability in taking over powerful things (like say the silver surfer) and noted motivation for revenge if they don't cooperate.
I might suprise some players to make things fun as Grim really wants to try out host options and I don't think I'll get approval from everyone.

Yeah, like I said, jumping random players and then punishing them for refusing to go along with it is not a particularly great thing to do. Particularly when they're playing less powerful characters who can't reasonably be expected to be able to fight back.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: May 02, 2014, 04:07:56 AM »

Yeah, like I said, jumping random players and then punishing them for refusing to go along with it is not a particularly great thing to do. Particularly when they're playing less powerful characters who can't reasonably be expected to be able to fight back.

It isn't about power though. I can take control of most powerful things, Its about will and reaction time.
I play a post about connecting to them and all that. I let them respond see if they bother to throw me off. If they still struggle to get me off I could screw with them a bit.

I don't mean to unleash malice I just want to shake things up little.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: May 02, 2014, 04:14:43 AM »
My point is that it is entirely reasonable for people to try to throw you off, and you shouldn't demand that they suffer for doing so.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: May 02, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »
That little gesture by Nessa for Jack was... actually a little heartwarming. Her response was also surprisingly uplifting. Well written Daiki. Nice job.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: May 02, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »
Kinda felt like Jack needed it.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: May 02, 2014, 05:24:05 AM »
To Alice and Kaiza, alright you guys can respond now. I think whichever wants to go first is fine with me. Mudou and Shezar's bickering is bound to attract one of your attentions at least I'd expect so.