Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310871 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6300 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
I can actually, when he acts far more like the Devil than the Hierophant.

Satoshi is a fucking horrible example because he's never shown wisdom, and has NEVER been logical in all of this. He's pretty clearly guided by (your) emotions.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6301 on: May 05, 2014, 05:30:00 AM »
Alright, Magos, that's enough. Either drop the subject now, or focus on your own characters.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: May 05, 2014, 05:35:32 AM »
I'm terrible with these cards, I don't believe any of mine would fit any of them anyway.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: May 05, 2014, 05:41:28 AM »
Gah, I can only put one character in each arcana for this to work but it seems like everyone wants the same ones...

The definitions are broad enough that anyone with a moderately well defined personality should be able to fit into three arcana minimum.

The listed definitions are just the common points from the Persona series so they do not exactly cover every possible permutation of each arcana.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: May 05, 2014, 05:42:16 AM »
It's because those descriptions probably aren't the best (sorry Kurogami ^^").

http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/major-arcana/

http://personarevelations.angelfire.com/arcana-types.html

Let's see if this helps any. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:43:01 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: May 05, 2014, 05:42:57 AM »
Avy would be the Hierophant and Grim would be the Aeon.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: May 05, 2014, 05:43:06 AM »
I can't work out where mine would fit, though. Any idea where you think Rider, Shirou and Sakura from 30-odd years after HF True would likely fit?

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6307 on: May 05, 2014, 05:43:11 AM »
I guess with some development Reina could fit into the Aeon arcana...

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: May 05, 2014, 05:44:32 AM »
Again, if anyone's having trouble, the links I posted might be useful, as they go into a more detailed description of each card for the former, and a more simplified version for the latter.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: May 05, 2014, 05:48:10 AM »
I admit Satoshi was short fused and that Rin is right that he shouldn't have confronted Archer in that way (in fact he already admitted as much) but hey, it's one of his buttons and plus Rin kinda stream rolled over his intent (if she hadn't he would have said she was right immediately, btw Alice he will tell Rin as much, he just needs time to get unstuck from all the stuff going on) but Satoshi still is in line with the tarot I pointed to.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: May 05, 2014, 05:55:21 AM »
So wow, according the biddytarot link Alice posted, the Arcana for my characters really do match, both in upright and reversed.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: May 05, 2014, 06:00:51 AM »
Well looking into it in more detail here's what I think is a good fit:

Downy Reed: Magician, Wheel of Fortune, Judgement
Imnity: High Priestess, Justice, Temperance
Mudou: Chariot, Devil
Shezar: Hanged Man, Devil
Lobelia: Hermit, Moon
Medea: Magician, Lovers

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: May 05, 2014, 06:09:05 AM »
I've started putting character names to arcana that I am sure of so...

Yeah I can already see the headaches this is going to cause me.

OK, Fool and universe are already taken for obvious reasons.

Aeon was filled by Aigis in game so taken.

I would be willing to do death if one of you wants to have the disembodied soul of a recently dead character floating around, but otherwise Death is occupied by... Death.

And of course Devil is filled by Grigori, because it just fits.

Spoiler for Hiden:

0 The Fool- Minato

I The Magus
Characters of the Magician Arcana are, as of Persona 3, typically the first male friend (and Social Link) of the protagonist, and are typically perverted male characters. They are often the right-hand men of the protagonist.
An ongoing theme that is related to all Magician Arcana Social Links is the tragedy that befalls the social link character related to their romantic interest.

II The Priestess
Individuals associated with the Priestess Arcana are usually quiet, reserved, and very intelligent. They are often modest and shy, and won't open up to the protagonist until much later in their Social Links as compared with other characters.

III The Empress
Within the Persona universe, the Empress Arcana often belongs to women of authority or wise and motherly figures.

IV The Emperor
Within the Persona universe, characters of the Emperor Arcana are often male leaders or father figures (or both). Often times, the Emperor character is troubled by something very personal, and doesn't know how to deal with it. Typically, the King of a mythological pantheon is of the Emperor Arcana.

V The Hierophant
Characters of the Hierophant Arcana are often older than the protagonist, and are typically quite wise and logical. The most common connection between Hierophant characters, however, is their association (and obsession) with the past.

VI The Lovers
A commonality among individuals of the Lovers Arcana is their popularity and their emphasis on social interaction. Lovers characters are almost always the "popular" ones, and almost always have a canon romantic interest in the protagonist.

VII The Chariot
Characters who are of the Chariot Arcana are typically very driven individuals, who have a personal goal that they aim to achieve at any cost. It is not uncommon for Chariot characters to be short-tempered or aggressive.

VIII Adjustment
Commonly, characters of the Justice Arcana are concerned with matters of fairness, and otherwise are very stoic individuals.

IX The Hermit
Similarly, Hermit Arcana characters share the commonality of placing themselves in situations that hide them from the public eye. Hermit individuals hide away from others or act in more supportive roles rather than putting themselves in the spotlight.

X Fortune
Bearers of the Fortune Arcana are usually individuals who are aware of their fates, and attempt to seize their own destiny in spite of their seemingly-locked fates. Thus, they are typically involved with making important choices and decisions.

XI Lust / Strength
A commonality between characters of the Strength Arcana is their strength of heart. Strength characters are not upset easily and typically portray the fortitude that the Strength card represents in readings.

XII The Hanged Man
Hanged Man characters are sometimes self-sacrificial, but are more often notable for being caught between two different extremes, parties or stages in life.

XIII Death
In recent games, characters of the Death Arcana are associated directly with death, but a commonality that connects all Death Arcana characters is the cycles of change they experience.

XIV Art
Characters of the Temperance Arcana are often struggling to find a balance in their lives and in their hobbies.

XV The Devil- Grigori
Human characters associated with the Devil Arcana are often "devilish" individuals; they can be greedy, proud, lusty, or otherwise of poor character. It is not uncommon for Devil Arcana characters to have somewhat antisocial tendencies, often not caring much for the needs or well-being of others.

XVI The Tower
Human characters of the Tower Arcana can be arrogant, and typically find themselves in bad situations where they themselves have fallen from grace.

XVII The Star
Characters of the Star Arcana embody their arcana's traits of hopefulness and joy.

XVIII The Moon
Characters who are of the Moon Arcana are often similarly psychically-attuned, but a more common trend is their projection of their own fears and faults onto others (namely, the protagonist). They often tend to have trouble accepting themselves for who they are and, because of that fear, try to correspond to an ideal person.

XIX The Sun
Characters of the Sun Arcana almost always (ironically) find themselves in terrible situations, the situation betrays the underlying optimism present in nearly all of them.

XX The Aeon- Aigis
A common theme for characters representing the Aeon Arcana is their attempts to fully understand themselves, as well as the world around them. In both of the Aeon Arcana's appearances, the Social Link characters in question were unfamiliar with the way the real world works, and struggled to discover their own place in this unfamiliar world.

XXI The Universe- Minato

Brahmastra

« Reply #6313 on: May 05, 2014, 06:11:17 AM »
Karna: Strength upright, Justice upright, Hanged Man upright

Vatler: Devil upright

La Folia: The Sun upright, Lovers upright.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: May 05, 2014, 06:16:14 AM »
I've started putting character names to arcana that I am sure of so...

Yeah I can already see the headaches this is going to cause me.

OK, Fool and universe are already taken for obvious reasons.

Aeon was filled by Aigis in game so taken.

I would be willing to do death if one of you wants to have the disembodied soul of a recently dead character floating around, but otherwise Death is occupied by... Death.

And of course Devil is filled by Grigori, because it just fits.

Spoiler for Hiden:

0 The Fool- Minato

I The Magus
Characters of the Magician Arcana are, as of Persona 3, typically the first male friend (and Social Link) of the protagonist, and are typically perverted male characters. They are often the right-hand men of the protagonist.
An ongoing theme that is related to all Magician Arcana Social Links is the tragedy that befalls the social link character related to their romantic interest.

II The Priestess
Individuals associated with the Priestess Arcana are usually quiet, reserved, and very intelligent. They are often modest and shy, and won't open up to the protagonist until much later in their Social Links as compared with other characters.

III The Empress
Within the Persona universe, the Empress Arcana often belongs to women of authority or wise and motherly figures.

IV The Emperor
Within the Persona universe, characters of the Emperor Arcana are often male leaders or father figures (or both). Often times, the Emperor character is troubled by something very personal, and doesn't know how to deal with it. Typically, the King of a mythological pantheon is of the Emperor Arcana.

V The Hierophant
Characters of the Hierophant Arcana are often older than the protagonist, and are typically quite wise and logical. The most common connection between Hierophant characters, however, is their association (and obsession) with the past.

VI The Lovers
A commonality among individuals of the Lovers Arcana is their popularity and their emphasis on social interaction. Lovers characters are almost always the "popular" ones, and almost always have a canon romantic interest in the protagonist.

VII The Chariot
Characters who are of the Chariot Arcana are typically very driven individuals, who have a personal goal that they aim to achieve at any cost. It is not uncommon for Chariot characters to be short-tempered or aggressive.

VIII Adjustment
Commonly, characters of the Justice Arcana are concerned with matters of fairness, and otherwise are very stoic individuals.

IX The Hermit
Similarly, Hermit Arcana characters share the commonality of placing themselves in situations that hide them from the public eye. Hermit individuals hide away from others or act in more supportive roles rather than putting themselves in the spotlight.

X Fortune
Bearers of the Fortune Arcana are usually individuals who are aware of their fates, and attempt to seize their own destiny in spite of their seemingly-locked fates. Thus, they are typically involved with making important choices and decisions.

XI Lust / Strength
A commonality between characters of the Strength Arcana is their strength of heart. Strength characters are not upset easily and typically portray the fortitude that the Strength card represents in readings.

XII The Hanged Man
Hanged Man characters are sometimes self-sacrificial, but are more often notable for being caught between two different extremes, parties or stages in life.

XIII Death
In recent games, characters of the Death Arcana are associated directly with death, but a commonality that connects all Death Arcana characters is the cycles of change they experience.

XIV Art
Characters of the Temperance Arcana are often struggling to find a balance in their lives and in their hobbies.

XV The Devil- Grigori
Human characters associated with the Devil Arcana are often "devilish" individuals; they can be greedy, proud, lusty, or otherwise of poor character. It is not uncommon for Devil Arcana characters to have somewhat antisocial tendencies, often not caring much for the needs or well-being of others.

XVI The Tower
Human characters of the Tower Arcana can be arrogant, and typically find themselves in bad situations where they themselves have fallen from grace.

XVII The Star
Characters of the Star Arcana embody their arcana's traits of hopefulness and joy.

XVIII The Moon
Characters who are of the Moon Arcana are often similarly psychically-attuned, but a more common trend is their projection of their own fears and faults onto others (namely, the protagonist). They often tend to have trouble accepting themselves for who they are and, because of that fear, try to correspond to an ideal person.

XIX The Sun
Characters of the Sun Arcana almost always (ironically) find themselves in terrible situations, the situation betrays the underlying optimism present in nearly all of them.

XX The Aeon- Aigis
A common theme for characters representing the Aeon Arcana is their attempts to fully understand themselves, as well as the world around them. In both of the Aeon Arcana's appearances, the Social Link characters in question were unfamiliar with the way the real world works, and struggled to discover their own place in this unfamiliar world.

XXI The Universe- Minato

Jack and Nessa are pretty obviously Death IMO, having both caused change, and been the recipient of it, along with being, well, dead.