Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310325 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6360 on: May 07, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »
But that will be epic!

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: May 07, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »
It's not what I joined the RP for, though. I'm here more for character interaction and perhaps some fighting, not for a large-scale battle with guaranteed casualties.

If you want to have a massive battle then that's fine, but not everyone here does, and you shouldn't be trying to force us into one.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:34:12 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: May 07, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
I agree with Mike, despite Satoshi's strength I never batted an eye because he never was supposed to be brawler because the RP isn't for that. There was a brief period where I intend him to be a bad guy is character for the group to defeat (before mil brought bad guys o plenty to fight) but otherwise he's here to social along with the rest of the characters.

in short the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny is a waste as far as I am concerned.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: May 07, 2014, 04:59:34 PM »
Well, I'm sorry that you don't like it. Really, I am. But the people involved in it are having fun, Kat is having fun using it as hi her character motivation, it creates responses, etc. So, I can't really say it's a waste... though the part of the city we were fighting in surely is. Everyone seems to think this is going to keep happening over and over again - it's not. With Brahma's next post, it'll be over.

Besides, who says Gilgamesh can't be social (not to mongrels, of course)?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:00:43 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: May 07, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »
Well, I'm sorry that you don't like it. Really, I am. But the people involved in it are having fun, Kat is having fun using it as hi her character motivation, it creates responses, etc. So, I can't really say it's a waste... though the part of the city we were fighting in surely is. Everyone seems to think this is going to keep happening over and over again - it's not. With Brahma's next post, it'll be over.

It's not that you're fighting, it's that you've created a situation that we more-or-less have to respond to, and which we cannot do anything about without almost certainly getting a significant proportion of the group killed (which, in turn, significantly alters and darkens future interaction). And, judging by the stuff about trying to get Toshi killed, that was deliberate. Sure, it might have been intended for Toshi (not that that makes it much better), but he is not the only person around who hates seeing people die and who wants to protect them whenever possible.

Besides, who says Gilgamesh can't be social (not to mongrels, of course)?

Yeah, but isn't everyone a "Mongrel" to him...?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:06:54 PM by Cherry Lover »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: May 07, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
It's not that you're fighting, it's that you've created a situation that we more-or-less have to respond to, and which we cannot do anything about without almost certainly getting a significant proportion of the group killed (which, in turn, significantly alters and darkens future interaction).

Ok? I'm sorry that our social interactions and fighting are affecting your social interactions. I mean, you spoke about ignoring it before - it's not like I can force you to do anything, and I don't want to. You can react (or not react) to our fight however you want. To the second part: you can't be killed without permission, right? And besides, if you make an appointment at the main building of Golden Rule, and manage to have sufficient "credentials" (threats?) to get past the secretary, you'll find yourself face to face with a rather mild-mannered Gil. Especially now, of all times, since the fight was a good form of catharsis for him.

And, judging by the stuff about trying to get Toshi killed, that was deliberate. Sure, it might have been intended for Toshi (not that that makes it much better), but he is not the only person around who hates seeing people die and who wants to protect them whenever possible.

No, the fight between Karna and Gilgamesh was because their personalities are really different, which would (and has) led to conflict, which we thought would be cool to see. People got killed, yes, and there are characters in this RP (notably the people in the compound) who really don't like that. It's up to everyone else how they want to respond.

This Gil is more even-tempered, you just haven't seen it because
1) Earlier today a cat peed on his favorite work sofa so he's been in a foul mood, and
2) Karna insulted him and called him a tyrant (Gil still has his massive pride)

He treats a lot of people as mongrels, but if you prove you're above his low standards for modern humans, it's easier to elevate your position in his eyes.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:49:18 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: May 07, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »
I'm not worried, Satoshi has always been able to deal with this kinda fight, I just don't want to.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: May 07, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »
Ok? I'm sorry that our social interactions and fighting are affecting your social interactions. I mean, you spoke about ignoring it before - it's not like I can force you to do anything, and I don't want to. You can react (or not react) to our fight however you want.

I guess, it's just somewhat unsatisfactory.

To the second part: you can't be killed without permission, right?

No, but there is a point where it gets a bit ridiculous to be avoiding death that you should have no chance to avoid.

And besides, if you make an appointment at the main building of Golden Rule, and manage to have sufficient "credentials" (threats?) to get past the secretary, you'll find yourself face to face with a rather mild-mannered Gil. Especially now, of all times, since the fight was a good form of catharsis for him.

Hmm, I see.

And, judging by the stuff about trying to get Toshi killed, that was deliberate. Sure, it might have been intended for Toshi (not that that makes it much better), but he is not the only person around who hates seeing people die and who wants to protect them whenever possible.

No, the fight between Karna and Gilgamesh was because their personalities are really different, which would (and has) led to conflict, which we thought would be cool to see. People got killed, yes, and there are characters in this RP (notably the people in the compound) who really don't like that. It's up to everyone else how they want to respond.

The stuff that was said on BL makes me highly suspicious of this statement, though. Why say you were making a plan to kill Toshi if it's not true?

This Gil is more even-tempered, you just haven't seen it because
1) Earlier today a cat peed on his favorite work sofa so he's been in a foul mood, and
2) Karna insulted him and called him a tyrant (Gil still has his massive pride)

He treats a lot of people as mongrels, but if you prove you're above his low standards for modern humans, it's easier to elevate your position in his eyes.

I see....

Well, I would expect most of my characters would not be at the level of "normal human". Rider is a fallen goddess, and the rest are powerful magi who don't just stand idly by and watch things happen.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: May 07, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »
Any one here good at healing?, my guy is carrying survivors and will need some help to ensure they live.

The start was fighting AU!Vampire! Funny Valentine if you didn't get that.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: May 07, 2014, 06:57:17 PM »
Satoshi is both a certified medical practitioner and a super magic healer, it's kinda his mo Gray.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: May 07, 2014, 07:26:24 PM »
Minato is going to do his messiah thing and bring some salvation.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: May 07, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
I don't want to be "healed", I wanna be a vampire. :p

Besides, everyone not willing to engage in battles can just ignore them and handwave to be in safe distance. More combat oriented people can have fun too.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: May 07, 2014, 07:28:50 PM »
Satoshi is both a certified medical practitioner and a super magic healer, it's kinda his mo Gray.

Is he near the rubble. I need to get to someone stat as my ripple can only extend their lives so much.

Also really man what can't your OC do? Why wasn't he saving people if he could do that man?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: May 07, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »
Besides, everyone not willing to engage in battles can just ignore them and handwave to be in safe distance. More combat oriented people can have fun too.

In general, sure, but it's kind-of difficult to ignore it when a) the battle has destroyed half the city and b) you actually care about people other than yourself.

Is he near the rubble. I need to get to someone stat as my ripple can only extend their lives so much.

He's in the compound, so probably not (since if the compound were close we'd surely have reacted by now).

Also really man what can't your OC do? Why wasn't he saving people if he could do that man?

Because the battle probably lasted about 15 seconds real-time, and Satoshi is not even outside. Literally no-one in the compound has reacted to it just yet.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:34:12 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: May 07, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »
Also really man what can't your OC do?

Just a man
With a man's courage
You know he's
Nothing but a man
And he can never fail