Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 311760 times)

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6375 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »
I don't want to be "healed", I wanna be a vampire. :p

Just play with the timing then, whenever you become a vampire just say that my spell hit after that. Alternatively say that you were more than 10KM off from the impact crater, and thus out of my max range.

In general, sure, but it's kind-of difficult to ignore it when a) the battle has destroyed half the city and b) you actually care about people other than yourself.

Isn't the city supposed to be the size of a small country?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:38 PM »
Because the battle probably lasted about 15 seconds real-time, and Satoshi is not even outside. Literally no-one in the compound has reacted to it just yet.

That's an odd estimate. Sure, they're super fast, but Karna and Gil were trading blows and beating on each other for a bit still. At least a few minutes.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »
As mike says gray, Satoshi is in the compound, this shit just happened like five minutes ago, he has no knowledge of it

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: May 07, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
Better hold your horses and wait for me and Elf to get done with siring.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: May 07, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »
Because the battle probably lasted about 15 seconds real-time, and Satoshi is not even outside. Literally no-one in the compound has reacted to it just yet.

More like 5-8 minutes. Maybe a little less.

I see....

Well, I would expect most of my characters would not be at the level of "normal human". Rider is a fallen goddess, and the rest are powerful magi who don't just stand idly by and watch things happen.

Well, if they manage to do it right (and have a little luck), Gil will tolerate their presence, in his way. Gotta remind everyone they they're below the King, after fall.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: May 07, 2014, 10:34:47 PM »
Better hold your horses and wait for me and Elf to get done with siring.

Are you taking to me Kat? You can say that you were really far gone and since I'm shit healer when it comes to the ripple I decided to cut my losses and save whoever I thought could be. I just grabbed whoever I could and am trying to get other people to help. You will be missed by my guy.

Yo Kuro were you within proximity to crater?
I could get help from you to do some of the healing if you have that capability. Also it would be good contact as you are within the proximity of another person of another universe and I can get the infodump on this city's situation.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6381 on: May 07, 2014, 10:56:24 PM »
It's not what I joined the RP for, though. I'm here more for character interaction and perhaps some fighting, not for a large-scale battle with guaranteed casualties.

If you want to have a massive battle then that's fine, but not everyone here does, and you shouldn't be trying to force us into one.

If you dont want to participate, then don't, no one is forcing you. All I ask is that Satoshi doesnt step in with his super healing and retcons all the damage (plus theres not exactly many citizens to save, we turned a 10 kilometer-ish radius of the city center to smoldering ash, I'd assume most of them are now being part of that ash). Plus we kinda established that he can't resurrect the dead.

Plus, both Karna and Gil can easily fund whatever repairs are neccesary.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:59:12 PM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: May 07, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
The fact that you just turned a 10 km radius of the City Centre into ash means that pretty much no-one with any morality (or sense of self-preservation...) can just ignore you. We might not OOCly want to respond, but ICly it's difficult not to.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6383 on: May 07, 2014, 11:05:34 PM »
Then respond without fighting, it's not like you have to fight us now.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: May 07, 2014, 11:15:59 PM »
Honestly Satoshi can't res the dead, however I was not planning on that. Given the situation his response would be significantly different.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6385 on: May 07, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
Good. It would feel cheap if you simply retconned all the damage we did.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »
Oh he could, reverse the physical damage to the city that is. That would not be cost or time effective however.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: May 07, 2014, 11:34:03 PM »
I spawned at the rim. There enough survivors there?

Also Kat you can just say you were at the opposite side of the crater.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: May 07, 2014, 11:38:16 PM »
Oh he could, reverse the physical damage to the city that is. That would not be cost or time effective however.
He can reverse the damage to buildings that have been reduced to dust and rubble?

Brahmastra

« Reply #6389 on: May 07, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »

How does that even work?