Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 311055 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6570 on: May 12, 2014, 04:37:04 PM »
The dragon's fire should outright kill Grim Gray, it's not normal fire and Satoshi is not holding back at all, the matou's water magic shouldn't be nearly enough to block it. He ejected the flames at full power outward. A Symbiote lacking the about face virus should not be able to remain within ten feet of Satoshi.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: May 12, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »
Have barriers to give me room and water magic to eliminate the heat gained from convection. I already had momementum building up to your character and by now my barrier should have made contact with you. I also have some magic resistance which futher decreases the effects of your spells. I can live but I will writhe in pain. This is the first time my symbiote felt anger so it's throwing a temper tantrum at you. You are rejecting its very being and it won't have that. I'm not taking you over Lantz I give you passive boosts and make you more aggressive when your will save is high. Occasionally use you to go do some exciting stuff when your asleep. I'm not taking over Lantz, your character has too much will for a take over. If he knows the symbiote at all he should no that there is no full take  over involved. He's already got amped up aggresssion because the dragon contact so he should even be able to handle that. There are no down sides Lantz. Satoshi should no this and be treating the thing like Grigori did with all the power he has.

Also I repeat the garage isn't toasted the firestorm was contained in barrier so you don't have to worry guys. Fire doesn't have physical force so it shouldn't be able to break the barrier. Since the barrier is a magical constuct it shouldn't have been able to melt it either. So the building is fine guys. Lantz just ignored the barrier I set up.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: May 12, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »
Look, Gray, honestly, if Lantz doesn't want to bond with you then you should let him not bond with you. This RP isn't meant to be about who has the most powerful character, and if we let people with OP powers just use everyone else's characters as if they were toys then it will just turn into a race to make the most OP character.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: May 12, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
Gray don't straight up lie to my face. There's a ton of down sides to the process and full control and take over happens.

and seriously a dragon's fire being beaten by matou magic, and you guys call Satoshi OP.

bottom line, not happening, I don't want Satoshi to change and this is definitely a change and certainly one for the worse.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: May 12, 2014, 04:55:08 PM »
Gray creates a symbiote and there aren't any complaints. Gray tries to actually use the symbiote and people complain. Sorry Gray.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: May 12, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »
Gray you can't assume contact, please edit your post

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: May 12, 2014, 05:08:51 PM »
Look, Gray, honestly, if Lantz doesn't want to bond with you then you should let him not bond with you. This RP isn't meant to be about who has the most powerful character, and if we let people with OP powers just use everyone else's characters as if they were toys then it will just turn into a race to make the most OP character.

Did you not see what I did with Grigori?
I let Umbra take full control during that run and I was just a supplement. Grim takes a testdrive seeing if your a good host. I've decided that I'll probably go full bonding with one of my own characters or agree to make fulll bonding later so Lantz is in no threat of that happening. He wants to see compatability.

Gray you can't assume contact, please edit your post

You did nothing to kill my physical momentum so I'm pretty sure that I at least pulled off contact. I gave you the chance to counter it I used water magic, plus barrier plus magic resitance to survive it with great pain.
That didn't kill my momentum either so contact can be assumed man.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:10:52 PM by Gray »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: May 12, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
ffs sake, he just wants to poke at your character's face. (or arm)

He's not in for tentacle snuff rape. So let him in touch Satoshi so you can be done with it.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:29 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera is more likely to assume Grim is an elemental of some sort.
He tends to get along fine with any non-Ice elementals, but there are certain Metal elementals that make his scales crawl.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: May 12, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »
OK, just drop it. The rules dictate that you can't assume anything about another character's actions or act on their behalf, but it's clear we're not going to agree on whether this counts or not, so just leave it to Elf to make a ruling. This argument is going nowhere and it is obviously going to get nasty very soon. If you do have anything to say, please talk to Elf privately.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:29:02 PM by Cherry Lover »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: May 12, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »
Can Grim bond with your character later Lyco?

Okay Lyco and Daiki how can I modify my Avdol piece so I can realistically see you guys?

I hear that mordred master is healer and I need healers.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: May 12, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
Can Grim bond with your character later Lyco?
It's for the best that they don't. Lycodrake Aptera tries not to be prejudice towards sentient symbiotes and parasites, but...he's not very good at it. And doesn't like "sharing" control of his own body.
Okay Lyco and Daiki how can I modify my Avdol piece so I can realistically see you guys?
I hear that mordred master is healer and I need healers.
Daiki and Milbunk should be able to answer that question better.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: May 12, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »
I'll try it anyways. I want to make full rounds so mind if I just stick on for one or two posts before learning that dragon biology is hard to adapt to?

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: May 12, 2014, 05:42:15 PM »
Look guys. I made the symbiote to mix up the game a little. I love the character and see a lot of wasted potential in it's reliance on sticking to one host. So to have some fun and derail a few plans I wanted to have the symbiote join.
Aren't RPs all about how we play off of each other? I play by bonding and seeing hosts. We aren't the overall authors of the story. We can only control our own characters and we can't control the other things. It's our interaction with the rest of the world and so such that gives us our fun and how we take the things the world or other characters throw at us in stride.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: May 12, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
There's nothing wrong with having the Symbiote there, I just don't think you necessarily need him to bond with everyone.